0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Asus EeePC 900 Netbook
$149.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Asus EeePC 900 Netbook 8.9" LCD 4GB SSD 512mb DDR2 802.11b/g Linux

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

Refurbished Asus EeePC 900 Netbook, for $149.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Asus EeePC 900 Netbook 8.9" LCD 4GB SSD 512mb DDR2 802.11b/g Linux

Advanced E-Mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - the Toolbox for Wooters!

troydogtvtv

quality posts: 8 Private Messages troydogtvtv

I own one of these nice pc for on the go.

sweetsara2187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetsara2187

Not worth it for LINUX!! EEWW.. but yes you can replace it!

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

This doesn't have the Intel Atom CPU.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox

CNET Review:
http://www.cnet.com.au/asus-eeepc-900-339288490.htm

Edit: ... CNET Australia? What was I thinking? And the specs are a bit different.

Make your own damn beer

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

These things are amazingly light. They work well for college if you still want to use your desktop but want to go to a cafe or the library.

svante311

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svante311

Pretty nicely reviewed at Buzzillions Pretty much does what it promises and doesn't suck

buggsy2

quality posts: 8 Private Messages buggsy2

"Multimedia friendly with it’s built-in card reader, built-in microphone and speakers."

its its its its its

Get a copy editor!!!

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

beware of Linux, 512 mb memory and 4gb hdd!

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

I used one of these less than 5 minutes before I took it back. The screen is too small, and the entire device felt like a video-game toy - not at all "solid" or well put together. They may be great for surfing the web at StarDrunks, but that's about all. And if you have poor vision, that screen is *tiny*!

901Memphis

quality posts: 24 Private Messages 901Memphis

That is a heck of a price. This is the best buy for this product. A lot cheaper than you can get it at other places.

Replace the OS though for most users.

ibanezdude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ibanezdude

Ughhh...I've really been wanting one of these, but the SSD isn't working for me. Anything under 20GB is really just a toy.

C'mon Woot! I know you must have some of these with normal hard drives!

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

My friend has one of these. According to him (and Google) it's not very hard to get Windows XP on there...

mrtravel2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrtravel2

[quote postid="3146526" user="kerneltrap"]This doesn't have the Intel Atom CPU. quote]

No kidding. A Dell Mini 9 is $199 from Dell Outlet and it is easy to replace memory and SSD on those. Plus, there is a 15 percent off code through April 22.

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii

This is a great price for this, I think.

I've got a 901, so that means double the memory and 4x the space, but if you're just looking for an on-the-go web surfer or note-taker (what I use mine for) this is great.

This does have a smaller keyboard than standard size, but it doesn't take long to get used to. I am not a home-row typer, and can still type 80+ wpm on this thing.

clcsmiles

quality posts: 9 Private Messages clcsmiles

I'm in the market for something like this for my cousin, a jr in High school.

Would something like this have everything she would need for basic homework/research needs?

nebgib328

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nebgib328

Buyer beware: woot selling model without a webcam. Most 900s have one, but there were a few retail places that sold models without webcams. These are those, refurbished. Picked one up from sellot a few weeks ago and was irritated to find that out

despite that, I still like mine; a perfect college computer.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

too funny, right now I'm on my Black Asus EeePC900 I just booted up, came here, and saw this woot. I love mine. It's a great gadget. Sadly I paid $300 for mine last Holiday Season...this is a good deal here at woot. This comp is perfect for coffee shops, travel, web surfing, etc. I still use my full size laptop most of the time but this makes a great 2nd computer...Happy wooting.

laxls8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laxls8
sweetsara2187 wrote:Not worth it for LINUX!! EEWW.. but yes you can replace it!

head over to sellout.woot.com - they have the same system for sale with Windows XP on it

Random Carps:
04-01-09
09-22-10
12-06-11
03-22-12

Bmop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Bmop

"Linux?" There's 40000 different distros. Which one does this thing come with?

Tozar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tozar

It's tiny... nothing more than that.

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

Better deal at Sellout. $30 more w/ Win XP, double the SSD size and has a webcam.

hooray beer!

rhino203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhino203

good but has no cd drive

themathguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themathguy

I bought 1 for the wife last time it was on Woot. She loves it and checks her email from the couch whenever she wants. Sound is good and the Linux runs well. Comes preloaded with several programs that get you on the Net quickly. Wireless works great and the thing weighs close to nothing.

MidwestDrummer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MidwestDrummer

In for one. I've wanted a laptop for away from my PC use, but I haven't ben able to justify buying one because I didn't need it for anything whatsoever. At this price, size, and with the positive reviews, I'm definitely picking one up. I'll be great for on the couch or in bed.

tripps1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tripps1

If you want one with a webcam and windows why not check out sellout.woot.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

i can't help but find these things nothing but a useless fashion accessory. you look cool with a tiny laptop that is capable of hardly any of the functionality of a real computer.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Thumbo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Thumbo

I have the EEE 901, which is the same but with an extra 16 gig of SSD. A wonderful machine for traveling light.

The supplied Linux distro (Xandros) is horrible, but Ubuntu is easy to install from USB and works great on it.

4 gig is very tight - the OS takes most of it. You can browse the web and store a few MP3s, but forget carrying lots of audio and video around. However, there's an SD slot you can use to expand the storage without opening it up, and that does nicely for media files.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

I think Woot is trying to throw contradictory things at us. They have a picture of a heavy canoe on a eee which is weightless. Oh how you make my day... well morning...

Mattroid

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Mattroid

Bought the 16GB version for my girlfriend when they came out and I have to say that I was pretty impressed. It's great for traveling and quick email/internet use. Not to mention that a little basic hacking can make it just that much better.

philippz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philippz

Wow, who would have ever thought? We are almost at the $100 Dollar PC! One Laptop per Child...

tli415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tli415
buggsy2 wrote:"Multimedia friendly with it’s built-in card reader, built-in microphone and speakers."

its its its its its

Get a copy editor!!!

QFT

turboboost

quality posts: 2 Private Messages turboboost

Oi! Mosh good!. I've wanted one of these forever.

operationivy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages operationivy

Nooo!!! I had just said to myself if woot had a netbook tonight I would get it! Tried one of these things out and the 8.9 is just too small! If it was the 10" I would have bought it in a heartbeat

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy
prateeko wrote:My friend has one of these. According to him (and Google) it's not very hard to get Windows XP on there...

I have a 2g, bought this one to replace it. Using Nlite and a LEGAL (cannot emphasise that enough) copy of XP you can trim down an XP install quite nicely. The 2g is good, but I need just those 2 extra GB to make everything fit. AND - I hear the 900 is pretty modable.

Just saw the one at sellout. Hemmed and hawed about it, and bought it too. I figure I can sell this one on the bay - they are going for around $200.

vitttec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vitttec

I have had one of the older models for about 7 months now, and the thing is excellent.
Be warned: This is not a full laptop. It is not useful for it's video quality, processing speed, or RAM. However, it is amazingly light, very tiny, reliable, and simple to use. I use it for email, taking notes in class, and chatting. The Linux interface is very simple, as long as you aren't trying to install new programs or make huge changes.
Worth it? DEFINITELY, but this is not a replacement for a fully-capable computer.

Mynah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mynah

I bought the same refurbished Netbook a month ago from another site, and promptly sent it back. I loved the way it looked and felt, and wanted to keep it but -- the 4GB SSD drive filled up within the first 10 minutes of power-up, as it automatically downloaded updates to its OS from ASUS. At that point it become completely unresponsive, and all I could do was move the mouse an inch once every two or three minutes.

ASUS had me walk through a reset to factory defaults, but guess what? 10 minutes later I was back in the same dead end.

ASUS techs said these were never meant to have a 4-GB drive -- the serial # came up with an 8-GB model. The bottom line is, I realized that no matter how sweet a toy it might seem, buying a laptop with disk storage measured in single-digit gigabytes was madness.

fiver

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fiver

Well I bought one of these even though I was all geared up to buy a a much more capable HP 2133.

What can you do. Now I have a crappy little netbook coming to me in the mail. DAMN YOU WOOT.