Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
ask your doctor if wooters.us is right for you

Philips Active Noise Canceling Headphones [New] - $5.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Philips SHN2500 Active Noise Canceling Headphones

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

SPIN3LESS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SPIN3LESS

sweet... incase the 3 sets of speakers and 2 other sets of earbuds you've bought this woot off isn't enough...

ryguy88games

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryguy88games

Good?

booleiu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages booleiu
SPIN3LESS wrote:sweet... incase the 3 sets of speakers and 2 other sets of earbuds you've bought this woot off isn't enough...

It's for all the various mp3 players that come up during a woot-off

Leminear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Leminear

I stayed up for more headphones?

bplinson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bplinson

Woo Hoo, I got three!! You can't beat these things for the price.

ryguy88games

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryguy88games

Ewwwwwww needs batteries. Pass.

636ninjakicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 636ninjakicks

it won't let me buy ittttt!

savethetermites

quality posts: 1 Private Messages savethetermites
SPIN3LESS wrote:sweet... incase the 3 sets of speakers and 2 other sets of earbuds you've bought this woot off isn't enough...

These are noise canceling so you won't be bothered by those other speakers.

goetschj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goetschj

reminds me of the Rorschach Test

kensmiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kensmiles

Horrible reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHN2500-37-Noise-Canceling-Earbuds/dp/B000G36GOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258460245&sr=8-1

doulos2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doulos2k

I've owned these headphones for about 3 years... the noise canceling is actually pretty decent - used it on multiple plane flights to great success.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

Hooo Ya! Got 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for its price point (@$29), August 6, 2006
By THATCH "RST"
These were the only "in ear" headphones I could find that claimed any noise cancelling properties.

Having tried a few from the apple store, namely their in ear sony made model with switchable rubberized ends like the philips, and their set that wraps around the back of your head for around the $25 price point, I could never get either them to stay in. 10 years ago finding in ear headphones with a plastic or metal link between them that went up over your head was not an issue. More difficult to find those today, being that in ear models are convicted of causing more hearing damage.

I wanted something noise cancelling for business travel, but no so large that they would add much bulk to my travel bag. The noise cancelling feature was optional for me. I've been very interested in it, but not enough to spend hundreds.

These seem to be a decent mix. Sound quality is great for the price, and the sound cancelling is moderately effective. I enjoy a clear bass and these do pretty decent compared to the average in ear sony set that doesn't boast extra bass capability.

The noise cancelling works at least enough to not hear voices if a TV is on, or someone is talking near me, especially when trying to listen to music. As others have said, not as effective when the noise cancelling feature is used while not listening to music.

For covering the light stuff like typing, background hum, TV reporters voices, that stewardess' squeaky beckon, etc. these headphones do a fine job at a low price you won't mind losing if you forget them or lose them. One of the reasons I stayed away from the more expensive sets that cost more than my ipods.....

todamnfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages todamnfast

I recommend many vodka red bulls for all night wooting.

636ninjakicks

sucker4crap wrote:Hooo Ya! Got 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for its price point (@$29), August 6, 2006
By THATCH "RST"
These were the only "in ear" headphones I could find that claimed any noise cancelling properties.

Having tried a few from the apple store, namely their in ear sony made model with switchable rubberized ends like the philips, and their set that wraps around the back of your head for around the $25 price point, I could never get either them to stay in. 10 years ago finding in ear headphones with a plastic or metal link between them that went up over your head was not an issue. More difficult to find those today, being that in ear models are convicted of causing more hearing damage.

I wanted something noise cancelling for business travel, but no so large that they would add much bulk to my travel bag. The noise cancelling feature was optional for me. I've been very interested in it, but not enough to spend hundreds.

These seem to be a decent mix. Sound quality is great for the price, and the sound cancelling is moderately effective. I enjoy a clear bass and these do pretty decent compared to the average in ear sony set that doesn't boast extra bass capability.

The noise cancelling works at least enough to not hear voices if a TV is on, or someone is talking near me, especially when trying to listen to music. As others have said, not as effective when the noise cancelling feature is used while not listening to music.

For covering the light stuff like typing, background hum, TV reporters voices, that stewardess' squeaky beckon, etc. these headphones do a fine job at a low price you won't mind losing if you forget them or lose them. One of the reasons I stayed away from the more expensive sets that cost more than my ipods.....

How did you type all that so fast?....

636ninjakicks

636ninjakicks wrote:How did you type all that so fast?....

Oh i see now, don't burn me! ahhhhh!

nukeitout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nukeitout

Woot, got 3 . I'm actually on the ball for once :/. I've been wanting some in-ear noise cancelling 'phones for a while, but I'm really, really cheap; hooray for woot :D.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make a quality post, honest!

entwangled

quality posts: 3 Private Messages entwangled

Stunning. The "sold out" message is up longer than the actual items are on sale. Do they have 1 of everything this time? And curse you Woot for having a Woot off on my 2nd day at a new job - I shall stare longingly at my unused F5 key and fret over what I'm missing.

cold71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cold71

I bought these from woot before. I would recommend passing. Great price as always from woot but...they can be very uncomfortable at times, the cord does not seem long enough, and I found that I had set the on/off switch box on the table because it was so heavy..if it happen to get pulled off the table the weight would end up pulling atleast one of the earbuds out of my ear. On top of all that the right earbud stopped working after a few months. I wouldn't get another pair even if they were free.

OhelliDunno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OhelliDunno

R we stuck, or what

sucker4crap

nukeitout wrote:Woot, got 3 . I'm actually on the ball for once :/. I've been wanting some in-ear noise cancelling 'phones for a while, but I'm really, really cheap; hooray for woot :D.

I've got some of the Sony Pink Players left for Christmas gifts - and I LOVE their phones, so I am switching these in! *LOL* I know... what a guy...

sucker4crap

cold71 wrote:I bought these from woot before. I would recommend passing. Great price as always from woot but...they can be very uncomfortable at times, the cord does not seem long enough, and I found that I had set the on/off switch box on the table because it was so heavy..if it happen to get pulled off the table the weight would end up pulling atleast one of the earbuds out of my ear. On top of all that the right earbud stopped working after a few months. I wouldn't get another pair even if they were free.

Hmmmmm... Gifts.

"
Philips In-Ear Noise Canceling Headphones: Not Sure About the Noise Canceling Part...

No good…or at least not good enough to be branded “noise canceling.” Maybe if the audio was superb and the comfort wasn’t similar to that of an earwig digging into the side of my head, the SHM2500 would be passable.

Philips got my hopes up with the SHN2500 Active Noise Canceling In-Ear Headphones. The name tricked me. The room noise and the cars outside my window didn't magically melt away, as they do with circumaural noise cancellers by Bose or Ableplanet. I know it’s not fair to compare full-size phones with these little in-ears, but truly, we're comparing their common technology here.
Where Can I Buy Philips In-Ear Noise...?

* Amazon
* Best Buy
* Buy.com

The SHN2500 advertises “70% less external noise.” However, during the little amount of time I could bear to wear them, they didn't reduce external noise at all. The noise-canceling unit just smoked out room noise with a combination of its own white noise and a low hum in the range of 123 Hz. Consequently, all your favorite albums now sound fuzzy. There’s nothing like listening to Abbey Road with some nice white noise to fill in those awful gaps.

The other thing the noise replacement feature does is raise the volume. Make sure you have your device’s volume set down low before engaging the noise replacement.

If nothing else about the SHN2500 had turned me off, it feels as though someone just punched me in the ears. To be fair, I’m often told I have oddly-shaped ear canals, and in-ears never really rest comfortably in them. However, I don’t recall throbbing pain after using other in-ears. I’d like to think I’m old enough to follow directions, so I have no explanation other than poor design for these painful things."

JustImpulses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustImpulses
ryguy88games wrote:Ewwwwwww needs batteries.

were you wishing for solar power?

:snicker:

I reject ALL packages without padding on all SIX box surfaces. I expect my new item to arrive in new condition.

mikecruz101@yahoo.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikecruz101@yahoo.com

I fly about 3x a year, for what I need these are a great buy. Don't need the noise cancelling or high quality ones. Just something to get me through the 4 hour flight.

mcahren

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcahren

I've had a set for a couple years, I use them when watching DVD's when traveling by air or car.

They're OK, I think they're fine for what I use them for. The noise cancelling is noticeable, but not dramatic. To be honest, if my battery runs out, I can't really tell *that* much of a difference when NC is off.

Once I tried to use them while mowing my lawn, and the battery box indeed made that impossible. Why they didn't put that further down the cord remains a mystery. It's a major design flaw, and prevents the use of these earbuds while doing anything standing up.

mprezau2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mprezau2

I got these about 8 months ago... for a little over $50 in an airport. I thought about sacrificing myself to throw these out of the airplane.

They are horrible. They sound so muted and a little hissy without the noise cancellation on. When you turn on the noise cancellation and it just seems to increase the volume of the music... doesn't seem to actually reduce outside noise at least around the office. It is somewhat noticable/effective in an airplane. Still sounds terrible though.

The switch/battery portion is a little large as well.

Thumbs down.

Todd

rleeb77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rleeb77
cold71 wrote:I bought these from woot before. I would recommend passing. Great price as always from woot but...they can be very uncomfortable at times, the cord does not seem long enough, and I found that I had set the on/off switch box on the table because it was so heavy..if it happen to get pulled off the table the weight would end up pulling atleast one of the earbuds out of my ear. On top of all that the right earbud stopped working after a few months. I wouldn't get another pair even if they were free.

There's a little sliding thing (we'll call it a nubbin, just so it can have a name) on the cord between the ear buds and the block thing. I slide the nubbin up on the wires, so I can fit my head between the 2 wires, set the nubbin on the back of my neck, and have enough free wire between the nubbin and the ear buds so that I can put the ear buds in my ears. Then, the weight of the block is supported by the nubbin which is on the back of my neck, leaving the ear buds securely in my ears!