invaderb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invaderb
sarahgoing wrote:so here's a woot fantasy...maybe instead of having a woot off, they just split all the carp up between the 7500 bocs!

at least it's not snowing in dallas this time ;)

That would be pretty epic!!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

I predict that there will be HDMI cables in most of the bags.

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor
twipps wrote:Any ideas as to what to expect the quality of the craps to be? Not that quality matters much or anything; just wondering if maybe the larger quantity of craps given out implies lesser quality.

Also, March's Big o' Cosmos hasn't had any reported letters yet? What's up with that? Are they saving all the big ticket items for now? :D?

As others have noted, some folks just don't join the party line and share their booty. With this said, there was no reported letter in March and neither was there one for the February crapfest. Of course, this could be two party-poopers in a row (obviously unworthy recipients), but it might suggest a trend. Perhaps the Amazon overlords put a stop to one of Matt's brilliant marketing techniques. As usual, the mysteries of Woot remain, well, mysterious and that's presumably by design.

Keep dreaming that something that happened in the last crapfest will somehow matter here. In the end, the odds are good that you will get the sameish crap as everyone else and most all bags will contain varied forms of crappy crap (I have snagged some 15 of these 'bags' and they have almost always been crappy, but that's not the point). Watch this forum, enjoy the anticipation, cherish the day it arrives (make sure you share the experience with someone, which makes it all the more fun), and try to hold back your envy when someone else gets better crap than you. I keep trying because of these externalities, the bag itself is only part of the process.

With this said, Dear Woot overlords, please send me something good! Please, please, please! Oh, sorry, I lost myself in the moment.

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor
NightGhost wrote:I predict that there will be HDMI cables in most of the bags.

... And some form of bag (my daughter grabbed that strawberry bag straight away).

NightGhost

efprofessor wrote:... And some form of bag (my daughter grabbed that strawberry bag straight away).

Okay, but there's nearly always some sort of bag. My favorite were the "wookie purses."

pink wookie bag

Lsalvado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lsalvado

Thank you Woot!!!!! I got my entire office hooked into woot, and it finally paid off. One of my coworkers called me and told me how to get a Big o' Cosmos!!!

Thank you

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
ReginaFilangee wrote:I think he may have been phrasing that compliment in such a way as to hint that he'd also like your permission to do the same thing, IF it was okay with you. I second the compliment, and think it would look good if many posters had your sig with their own numbers on it.

Its OK with me if someone want to make a similar sort of Wootage Strip™ to mine. All you need is to be familiar with your favorite image editing program. But you would have to create your own version.

ReginaFilangee wrote:I'd ask for it myself, but would probably be too embarrassed at how high some of those numbers would be....along with my measly "2" for the bag.

Just keep on working on that. I didn't get my first bag until I had been Wooting for almost three years. Since then, I've been pretty lucky with special event bags, of which there are 3 chances per year, and not so lucky with Woot-Off bags, of which there are about 8 chances per year. Of the 16 bags I've won, 9 have been special events out of 12 chances, and 7 have been from Woot-Offs, over 30 chances. Hows that for some stats?

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

Because it's been so long since my last (only) bag was snagged, I had virtually FORGOTTEN how much FUN this is to speculate and wait and see what comes!!! I used to always read the threads to share vicariously in the anticipation for everyone else, but quit doing that after about 4-5 times of feeling left out.

But now.....I'm all atwitter with excitement all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I can stand it for the next week or so.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

drgandalf

redscot68 wrote:And you are very astute about my compliment/request. I would feel like I was being disrespectful to plagiarize drgandolf's Sig without asking if it was ok. I am also not sure if I could manage to combine it with my current Sig without assistance.

Please may I, drgandolf?

Feel free to create your own Wootage Strip™, with your own style and flair. Just don't make it look EXACTLY like mine.

drgandalf

redscot68 wrote:
MODERATOR! Please clarify this for us.

Moderator? There's a moderator here?!?

drgandalf

NightGhost wrote:Okay, but there's nearly always some sort of bag. My favorite were the "wookie purses."

pink wookie bag

By definition, there's a bag or container of some sort in each package.

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v3.0
I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

Its right there in the rules. If you don't get a bag, let Woot know, and they will send you one. Most likely a paper bag with a yellow "?" painted on it. Which I wouldn't mind getting a few of.

drgandalf

ReginaFilangee wrote:Hey, drgandalf....back to your cool sig:

Maybe you should "borrow" from redscot68's sig and add an icon in yours for screaming monkeys! (Since so many consider that to be a status symbol or "collector's" item, also.) Perhaps y'all could work out such a "trade" of ideas?

:-)

I've never been thrilled by the monkeys, so I don't include them. I don't even order them when they come up, despite the many opportunities I've had.
I do have three of them, which all came in Bags of Crap.

NightGhost

drgandalf wrote:I've never been thrilled by the monkeys, so I don't include them. I don't even order them when they come up, despite the many opportunities I've had.
I do have three of them, which all came in Bags of Crap.

N...n...not thrilled by monkeys???

C'mon, man - sex, chocolate, monkeys, bacon, LOTR...

bryanws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryanws
ReginaFilangee wrote:Dude....

You're going to have some major problems out there in the world as you grow up. Seriously. Hang onto that mental outlook if you like, but it's not gonna get you anywhere in life. You're not going to EVER have anything but disappointment if that's your way of thinking/feeling. "I ain't no psychiatrist".....but you might do yourself (and those who live around you) a favor if you talk to one sometime. I'm scared you're gonna have a stroke or heart attack before you hit 30. I'm not trying to be critical....only helpful. I'm a surgeon, and don't want you to end up as a statistic.

Bah... If it wasn't for questioning, disappointed, unsettled, and stubborn jerks, the world would be completely void of quality.

People settle for anything that gets thrown at them. Look at the average Woot "deals" these days! $10 off retail on a $60 item... before you add in $5 shipping? That's the best they can do?

People need to be disappointed and frustrated FAR more often and to FAR greater degrees, because there's a lot of garbage the lot of you all seem to roll over in at the drop of a hat.

If you aren't disappointed often, you have very low standards.

ReginaFilangee

drgandalf wrote:Feel free to create your own Wootage Strip™, with your own style and flair. Just don't make it look EXACTLY like mine.

Hasn't anyone told you that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???

ReginaFilangee

bryanws wrote:Bah... If it wasn't for questioning, disappointed, unsettled, and stubborn jerks, the world would be completely void of quality.

People settle for anything that gets thrown at them. Look at the average Woot "deals" these days! $10 off retail on a $60 item... before you add in $5 shipping? That's the best they can do?

People need to be disappointed and frustrated FAR more often and to FAR greater degrees, because there's a lot of garbage the lot of you all seem to roll over in at the drop of a hat.

If you aren't disappointed often, you have very low standards.

But having and expressing such EXTREME disappointment over the ability to make a measly $8 purchase of, let's face it, someone else's GARBAGE (of unknown content)......is, well, a bit extreme. (Almost to a pathological level.)

Personally, I have pretty high standards myself....and no qualms whatsoever about voicing my displeasure if those standards are not met.....WHEN IT MATTERS. The ability to distinguish between those situations is what makes for a world of quality vs. a world of insanity.

ReginaFilangee

bryanws wrote:..... because there's a lot of garbage the lot of you all seem to roll over in at the drop of a hat.

Some of us are in it for the experience, not the end result. :-)

ReginaFilangee

NightGhost wrote:N...n...not thrilled by monkeys???

*looks at you suspiciously*

So, you get your thrills by having sex with Lord of the Ring guys while covered in chocolate, eating bacon, and being watched by monkeys???

drgandalf

NightGhost wrote:N...n...not thrilled by monkeys???

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

NightGhost

ReginaFilangee wrote:*looks at you suspiciously*

So, you get your thrills by having sex with Lord of the Ring guys while covered in chocolate, eating bacon, and being watched by monkeys???

Guys? Have you seen LOTR?

Free popcorn if you can spot the monkey.

drgandalf

NightGhost wrote:
Free popcorn if you can spot the monkey.

That's not a nice thing to call Gimli!

afroxxjoe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages afroxxjoe
NightGhost wrote:I predict that there will be HDMI cables in most of the bags.

Im excited by this because:
1. NightGhost is never wrong lol
2. I actually need one for my tv

Not excited because:
1. They sold like 3x the amount than they usually do, which probably means I have a much smaller chance of getting something cool

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat
redscot68 wrote:2 Points of clarity that I'm sure YOU will understand since you've been on here over 3 years longer than I have.
A) Each Level had up to 750 Carps available X10 = 7500 total @ 3 per order = 2500 total Woots so no Single Level Big o' Cosmos had 6000
2) Said request makes sense in order to consolidate the posts to 1 thread as long as once the Big o' Cosmos's start rolling in, people also list what Level# theirs was.
Just "My 2 cents."

If you're going to be nit-picky I got that 6000 figure from about 750 per level, assuming that it meant that 750 woots were sold per level, so 750 times nine (levels 1-9, not including level 10) is 6750. Although, selling 2500 sounds much more like woot, than selling 7500 :P

Whatevs.

Kn1nJa

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Kn1nJa

Now you've gone and done it .... now I am super excited and can't wait to get my bag.

+5 signature of epicness!

Chaia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaia

I'm just glad it isn't July - I'll have a lot more days left on any calendars I get this way.

Typically, it takes about 5 days to get 3000 bags sent out, will it take 10+ for 7500?

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
ReginaFilangee wrote:
having sex with Lord of the Ring guys

Have you seen NightGhost's () girlfriend???

redscot68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redscot68
Armagedon wrote:Have you seen NightGhost's () girlfriend???

SMALL WORLD!

My Notable Woots

• Random Craps*1/28/10* *4/28/10* *5/6/10* *6/24/10* *9/22/10* *12/1/10* *3/9/11* *4/1/11 Level-1* *4/1/11 Level-2* *6/15/11* 11/9/11
  • Woot-Off Lights 2/25/10
    W/$10 Shirt.Woot Coupon 4/1/10
    W/Birthday Random Crap *7/12/10*
  • Screaming Monkeys 12/9/09 4/28/10 5/26/10 6/24/10 6/15/11 GIANT W/black cape 3/9/11
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Screaming Monkey 4/1/10

sarahgoing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahgoing

maybe i'll get on of those giant monkeys in my bridge over calcasieu! i got 1 monkey in my first Big o' Cosmos, then 2 in my second. will i get 3 in my third crapola??? my anticipation is gearing up quite nicely!

txteddied

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txteddied

So when the BOCs start being delivered, is this "Random Crap ~ Level 10" where folks will post the Crap they received? My first win and I am anxiously awaiting to see when the Crap will begin arriving.

goobs25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goobs25

Seeing how we probably did all win from a glitch we actually might be getting real bag's of crap :-)

drgandalf

Anyone care for some analysis of the playing of the whole event?

Here's how long it took to sell out each level, in hours and minutes:

1 - 0:02
2 - 0:03
3 - 2:34
4 - 0:30
5 - 1:02
6 - 3:02
7 - 1:28
8 - 0:40
9 - 0:32
10- 0:31

1 and 2 went quickly, quicker that it would have been possible if people had actually played the game, since it would take more than 2 minutes just to get through each level, therefore, pretty much everyone that got those did it without playing the game.

3 took a very long time. Most of that was probably taken up by technical glitches, when the games was offline and then not working correctly.

At level 4, the game started working correctly (or as correctly as it ever did). Note the steadily increasing times for levels 4, 5 and 6, as would be expected as players had to survive more levels.

Then suddenly at level 7, the times suddenly dropped. Some of this may be that morning arrived, and more players were playing. Or, it may be the harbinger of folks finding the links to get around the game, and buying that way.

Then at 8, 9 and 10, the times drop to very low levels, much lower than would be likely if people were actually playing and winning the game with that many levels. I suspect most of the buyers at those levels used a link to get there. I suppose its possible that some had hacked the game to make winning much easier, but using the links is more likely.

Comments?

Kn1nJa

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Kn1nJa
Chaia wrote:I'm just glad it isn't July - I'll have a lot more days left on any calendars I get this way.

Typically, it takes about 5 days to get 3000 bags sent out, will it take 10+ for 7500?

Don't forget all the letters Threepiecewoot has to create. He's going to be a busy lil monkey!

drgandalf wrote:Anyone care for some analysis of the playing of the whole event?

Here's how long it took to sell out each level, in hours and minutes:

1 - 0:02
2 - 0:03
3 - 2:34
4 - 0:30
5 - 1:02
6 - 3:02
7 - 1:28
8 - 0:40
9 - 0:32
10- 0:31

1 and 2 went quickly, quicker that it would have been possible if people had actually played the game, since it would take more than 2 minutes just to get through each level, therefore, pretty much everyone that got those did it without playing the game.

3 took a very long time. Most of that was probably taken up by technical glitches, when the games was offline and then not working correctly.

At level 4, the game started working correctly (or as correctly as it ever did). Note the steadily increasing times for levels 4, 5 and 6, as would be expected as players had to survive more levels.

Then suddenly at level 7, the times suddenly dropped. Some of this may be that morning arrived, and more players were playing. Or, it may be the harbinger of folks finding the links to get around the game, and buying that way.

Then at 8, 9 and 10, the times drop to very low levels, much lower than would be likely if people were actually playing and winning the game with that many levels. I suspect most of the buyers at those levels used a link to get there. I suppose its possible that some had hacked the game to make winning much easier, but using the links is more likely.

Comments?

I think you are on to something. Me and my brother were on late trying to play the game. I got the game to work at around 3:30AM and won a level 3. I then yelled at my brother to go play and he won a level 4.

Neither of us used any programs or cheats, we just played the game till we died and clicked the button.

+5 signature of epicness!

sarahgoing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahgoing

you are right about level 1. i did not play the game, i got the Big o' Cosmos very quickly.

jrsquonk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrsquonk

I played the game and got in on level 1.

[quote postid="4415923" user="drgandalf"]Anyone care for some analysis of the playing of the whole event?

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
redscot68 wrote:How Rude! LOL!!

Those of us who never get a bag and check in everyday for your updates, you have to be on one thread. This will be the first time in Woot history that this many people are posting...You all have to be on one thread.

Nightghost, you tell them. They will listen to you. I could ask Crowsnest but I feel like I'd be beating my head against the wall.

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DeviantDragon

Got in on a level 1 Big o' Cosmos.

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
DeviantDragon wrote:Got in on a level 1 Big o' Cosmos.

Please keep all of us posted of the contents of your bags. Pictures of your crap are greatly appreciated.

Congrats to all..

thetroides

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetroides

What you said about level 2 winners is not true. I played through level 2 and still got my Big o' Cosmos.

bolashoof

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bolashoof
matt1976 wrote:Since you've spammed the other 9 levels with this message, I'm staying out of L10 and posting to all the others.

Sorry, didn't consider it spam to ask for everyone to be on one thread. Even though there are different "levels" to the bags, they are all the April 1st bag.

Bobbie54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bobbie54

I heard Level 10 was going to get those big TEN INCH mattresses that won't expand that they had on Woot last month. The ones that are returned will go directly to Level 10 winners.