+ Add a Comment

annabelle00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabelle00

YES! I have been needing a mixer so I got excited this woot came up, but then it comes with a food processor (something I have WANTED for a long time) AND it's for an amazingly low price! This deal is amazingly awesome.

This totally gives me a reason to rid myself of the magic bullet!

minutewalt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages minutewalt
stupidone0 wrote:Sheesh. I got the (refurbished) food processor by itself for $20 from a previous woot, and am very happy with it. Had I known that the whole set would have been only $15 more...

Arrgh, me too.

That being said, I'm very happy with what I got.

dep411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dep411

Bought one hopefully it won't be ninja hiding under the cupboards.....

If I was a rich Man...

apportum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apportum

A dose of reality might help. Did Woot offer the refund? Or Samsung? If the latter, you have no complaint with Woot.

Take a look at the copy of the rebate form you undoubtedly retained. The odds are high it states a 8 to 12 week processing period for rebates.

Your threat to go to the NJ Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau is, putting it gently, laughable. Again, Woot is probably not the party offering the rebates - and no one is going to get terribly excited about your teeny, weeny complaint.

jginnane wrote:Wow! I'd really like to get this!!!

But I'm still waiting for my $40 in rebates from two Samsung BT headsets purchased from Woot on January 5th. And I can't get anything else until Woot clears this outstanding rebate problem up.

_S_h_a_m_e_ on Woot! Three months and counting!

(If I take my case to the NJ Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau they'd zap Woot up to $10K per violation, and/or suspend their business operating privileges in the state. Which wouldn't go over too well with Amazon.com. But I'm not a litigator -- I just want someone at Woot to PAY ATTENTION and CLEAR THIS UP.)

spike31642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike31642
spacemart wrote:anyone made hummus in this thing? tahini and garbanzos friend the motor in my last blender.

absolutely, this actually a bit more like a food processor than a blender at least imo which is great for home-made hummus!

i got one in the last woot and sadly i made a smoothie with it and got a cherry pit in there and chipped the blade up a bit. i'm ordering a new one because i liked it so much though! plus my boyfriend needs a mixer at his apartment anyway. or at least i need one there since he doesn't bake. :/ oh and for all of you ordering (or those of you with food processors) should check out one ingredient ice cream: http://www.instructables.com/id/1-ingredient-Ice-Cream/ i'm kind of obsessed with it, and i like to add frozen strawberries!

minsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minsley
stupidone0 wrote:Sheesh. I got the (refurbished) food processor by itself for $20 from a previous woot, and am very happy with it. Had I known that the whole set would have been only $15 more...

Me too... grr

MSJuggalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MSJuggalo

this may be a dumb question but is this a JUICER also?

princessleiao

quality posts: 3 Private Messages princessleiao
radi0j0hn wrote:An old girlfriend put a curse on me forever with the question, "Is it hard to clean?" This has stopped me from buying all kinds of slicer-chopper-dicers.

We have no dishwasher and wash everything by hand. Dishes are my absolute least favorite chore. I honestly prefer cleaning the catbox to doing the dishes. I have one of these now and I'm buying this one so i'm not left high and dry when my kid leaves for college.

In other words:
yes, its very easy to clean and is the most frequently cleaned 'dish' in our house.

svwindom

quality posts: 9 Private Messages svwindom

I also bought the one from an earlier woot - note that this is a 450 watt motor and the other (the blue one) is a 400 watt motor, so if anything, this has MOAR NINJA POWER.

That said, I am totally happy with the 400w version. To answer an earlier question, it makes hummus easily and smoothly, and it works MUCH better for this than my Cuisinart mini-prep which cost more than twice as much. It's also easy to clean, or so He Who Does The Dishes tells me.

spike31642

Reidjacobs wrote:Any need for both this and a Vitamix or blendtec?

it also works great as a food processor, but if you already have one of those probably not.

brendah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brendah
klozitshoper wrote:I just love the cute Woot shipping boxes. That's why I bought this. Hey, rationalization beats hard-nosed reality every time!

You convinced me! In for TWO cute Woot! shipping boxes.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
jginnane wrote:Wow! I'd really like to get this!!!

But I'm still waiting for my $40 in rebates from two Samsung BT headsets purchased from Woot on January 5th. And I can't get anything else until Woot clears this outstanding rebate problem up.

_S_h_a_m_e_ on Woot! Three months and counting!

(If I take my case to the NJ Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau they'd zap Woot up to $10K per violation, and/or suspend their business operating privileges in the state. Which wouldn't go over too well with Amazon.com. But I'm not a litigator -- I just want someone at Woot to PAY ATTENTION and CLEAR THIS UP.)

Do you know how foolish you sound?

First, the rebate is offered by SAMSUNG (and more than likely a third party processing firm), and not woot. READ THE REBATE FORM.

Second, rebates typically take anywhere from 4-12 weeks for processing (often times, even longer). Rebates require a high degree of patience. READ THE REBATE FORM.

Third, if your future purchases in life are dependent upon a $40 rebate (in the form of prepaid credit cards, by the way), then you really need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. Perhaps the 2 bluetooth headsets weren't such a smart buy for you after all? READ THE REBATE FORM.

Finally, by bringing this to the NJ Consumers Affairs Department, I believe they would review your case and offer one piece of advice:

READ THE REBATE FORM.

Good Day, Sir.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

warsha2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warsha2

wow, thanks for the lecture

dgingras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgingras
glazedfaith wrote:K, I'm losing my funny. Good night woot! and thanks for all the fish.

I think you meant "So Long, Woot."

andrewkl

warsha2 wrote:wow, thanks for the lecture

I have these very same conversations with my 15 y/o daughter, too....

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

warsha2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warsha2

ha ha he he, they never stop....hang in there, sooner or later they will become useful information about grandbaby poop...we win everything...sooner or later

spike31642

MooseOfReason wrote:Did anyone mention the negative reviews for the original Ninja Prep on Amazon?

Most of them were "found to be helpful" by a majority of people who voted on them, and the main complaint seems to be that the blender broke after several uses.

I'm not sold on Ninja.

i've been using mine daily to make smoothies and i believe the reason that they were having issues is they were treating it more as a blender than a food processor. with the ninja you MUST PULSE otherwise the motor can strip. although due to the reduced number of bad reviews on this version they may have ammended that problem.

spike31642

bsherwoo wrote:How does this thing do as a spice grinder? Specifically, I want to grind flax seed a few cups at a time. Anyone had any experience with this?!?

i tried to grind 1/4 cup of flax in mine the yesterday and it didn't seem to do super well with it, i ended up throwing it in my coffee grinder. it might not have been enough though. it did however make excellent oat flour out of oats.

TSOG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TSOG
bleepbloop wrote:Amending my first post - it has the three blade system, so it can't be the old style, it only had two...now I wish I'd ordered 3...oh bother!

And the old model was 400-Watt. And what would you do with 3?

spicedrum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spicedrum

Just got done reading all 7 pages of comments, went to the main woot page to read the description more carefully to decide, and the damn button was bouncing, so I bought right away. Peer pressure wins again!

Thanks for the reviews and comments, wooters. They were very informative this time.

sumita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumita

TORA, TORA, TORA---buy, buy, buy---in for three. Mother's Day is coming up folks.

spike31642

so does anyone have an opinion on this mixer? or know who made it? i'm trying to find some reviews on it but i'm not seeing it anywhere. i'm wondering since it has dough hooks if it can really handle mixing dough or if that'd burn out the motor. i'm gluten free and make a lot of my own breads which means a ton of kneading since i don't have a standing mixer and am currently saving up to get a kitchenaid.

stevehaynes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevehaynes
spacemart wrote:anyone made hummus in this thing? tahini and garbanzos friend the motor in my last blender.

Yes! All the time! I use it to grind up thigh meat for patties, as well as to chop up bone and marrow for protein smoothies. The great part is it makes it indistinguishable from other meats so I can eat out on my patio without worrying about neighbors, etc.

edit: I see I misread "hummus" as "humans". Err, no, I have not used this for hummus.

sajones50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sajones50

I make hummus all the time in mune, as well as a multitude of different types of babyfood. Its awesome and I'm so temp[ted to buy another.

spike31642 wrote:absolutely, this actually a bit more like a food processor than a blender at least imo which is great for home-made hummus!

i got one in the last woot and sadly i made a smoothie with it and got a cherry pit in there and chipped the blade up a bit. i'm ordering a new one because i liked it so much though! plus my boyfriend needs a mixer at his apartment anyway. or at least i need one there since he doesn't bake. :/ oh and for all of you ordering (or those of you with food processors) should check out one ingredient ice cream: http://www.instructables.com/id/1-ingredient-Ice-Cream/ i'm kind of obsessed with it, and i like to add frozen strawberries!

dupont24jg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dupont24jg

Unlike other small kitchen appliances that get used once or twice and then put away, the Ninja stays on my kitchen counter for constant use. I love it and recommend it to everyone!

TSOG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TSOG

You would've had me at hello with a second 16oz cup and $5 cheaper with or without the mixer!

jessie82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessie82

I debated all day, but I pulled the trigger =)

bridog6996

quality posts: 25 Private Messages bridog6996
firebirdude wrote:Having owned the original blue Ninja sold through the infomercials for nearly a year, I can say with confidence that this thing is nuts. Two blades does, in fact, mean twice the chopping. Onion halves will become onion water in about 8-10 seconds.

and what does one do with onion water?

andrewkl

call me a softy...

I already have the earlier woot offering of this (the 'blue' one), but this just looked too good to pass up.. In trying to convince all of YOU to buy this, I re-convinced myself.. I pulled the trigger on this, and my mother in law can have our existing Ninja...

Just too good to pass up, especially with the hand mixer.

wehrd1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wehrd1

in for one...and the button was bouncing.

i even got free shipping from using my 'thissucks' coupon from the shark vacuum shipping fiasco. :D

scgamecock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scgamecock

The wife and I actually debated buying the full price version after watching the infomercial, but figured it was all hype and didn't work as advertised. From the comments, apparently it does.

In for one!

Tracieann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tracieann
ReginaFilangee wrote:Did you remember to use the TAXSUCKS coupon code? (I'm assuming it still takes the shipping off---anyone know for sure?)

REALLY? Rats. Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up for next time. Is there somewhere to find this to remind myself?

Tracie Ann

DBeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DBeck

Took me about a day to think about it. I hemmed and hawed until finally coming to a decision.

In for one.

dekoquonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dekoquonut

Wife is processing veggies and hiding them in other food for the children lately. Oh, I can't lie! She is doing that but I bought one for whipping up ice cream and sweets so I can stop chewing!!!

- Ain't there nothin' I can take?

grandpappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grandpappy

use the small pitcher

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
Postal1398 wrote: Thinking about picking this one up since more containers = less washing! Yup, I'm that lazy.

There's plenty of room for you over here in our "more containers = less washing but more margaritas and bushwackers" boat. C'mon aboard, matey!

May the Crap be with you all!!!

c4smok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c4smok

I just got mine =)

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

Wow, some of you people snuck in just under the wire!

Oh happy day....a Big o' Cosmos and a ninja to make snowy frozen margaritas scored all in the same week. maybe my Big o' Cosmos will have some tequila and margarita mix in it? If not, I'll settle for that sailboat.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

So happy I got one! Have been wanting to make brioche, a French bread, sweet and buttery and wonderful for breakfast, but it has to be mixed with dough hooks. Nearly fainted when I priced Kitchen-Aid stand mixers - ouch! The pain of being on a budget.

If this hand mixer lives up to its promise, I'll have sweet, yummy brioche whenever I want it. Life is good.

And brioche-honey French toast, which is made with stale brioche (if there ever is such a thing) is indescribably rich and decadent, truly food for the gods...

http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2007/04/02/simplest-brioche-la-plus-simple-des-brioches/

FallenAnjel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages FallenAnjel

aaaaaaaaaaw POOOOOOOOOOOOOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it! UGH!

Darn work! It's all work's fault!!!

~~Fallen Anjel
www.facebook.com/gtdphoto
www.facebook.com/gtdenterprisesinc
~My body is a cage. My mind holds the key. (Except I lost the key...)
~I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.