quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Insert obligatory 'sucks' joke here.

-=C=-

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

Someone's probably gonna say"this sucks"

Scooley01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Scooley01

For vacuuming your Animal Uprights...in for 3!

DemonicGman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DemonicGman

Animals often strike us as passionate machines.
-- Eric Hoffer

Review by consumer reports

The first sentence of the last paragraph from that review: "But as our handling test revealed, the DC28's added pulling power made this 21-pound vacuum relatively hard to push and pull. "

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Yay, I was waiting for this!
Texans, don't forget the TAXSUCKS coupon code for free shipping.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

lebert22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lebert22

These Dyson's really suck

Leeebs

tildabazga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tildabazga

FWIW, Dysons continually rank near the bottom of their category on Consumer Reports. Just about any old Kenmore is much higher rated.

Schitty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Schitty

Had my hand on one of these at Kohls the other day, and even with a 30% off coupon it was going to be about $400.00.

Trying to decide how much trouble I'm going to get in when another Vacuumm arrives. :-)

jsp

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jsp

OK - there will certainly be nastyness - but I can vouch for this being one outstanding machine - Love my Dyson upright vacuum! If you can use one, this will do you well. We'd been gearing up to replace carpet in the whole house before I bought one (bought ours in 2004)- and I couldn't believe the stuff this machine pulled out of what we'd believed WAS a clean carpet... ended up not feeling the need to replace any of the carpeting - and in fact, the folks who bought the house mentioned the carpet as being one of the things they liked best -- all due to a Dyson vac. (They should pay me to tell that story, but I love Woot and this is a good deal, so there ya go - L O L!)

selinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selinder

If I didn't already have one of these from Overstock, I'd get this! It ROCKS!

mouth1974

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mouth1974

I had a Kirby dealer compare his Kirby to my Animal... he lost and gave up. The only edge the Kirby had was mattress cleaning. The Dyson is impressive and highly recommended. Running strong after 5 years.
The only negative is that the wand maneuverability is horrid.

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy

This vacuum actually offers no advantage over my $60 Eureka that I purchased 4 years ago and still runs like a champ. At least with the overpriced "ball" version you can steer it a bit easier (though, it is not work the extra $200 if you ask me).

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

drack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drack
tildabazga wrote:FWIW, Dysons continually rank near the bottom of their category on Consumer Reports. Just about any old Kenmore is much higher rated.

As a Dyson (refurb) owner, I will never buy another brand of vacuum. I wooted a Dyson a couple of years ago, and I love, love, love it!!

susani8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susani8

I have had the original yellow Dyson since they came to the US in 2001-02. The hoses are starting to become brittle and may need to be replaced soon - but a little duct tape is a wonderful thing... It still cleans almost like new. I think it's time to retire it to the basement apartment and pick up this animal - I have 3 dogs and it might come in useful! Go Dyson - yea Woot! for saving me a couple of hundred bucks!

anicolew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages anicolew

They have had the ball, the upright, bring on the nice one made for stairs and I'll be sold. I've been waiting forever woot! Common' where is my drag behind me machine!

grassman20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grassman20

Been waiting for this for some time. In for one, busters.

worldofjohnboy

Per Consumer Reports:

Overall, this is a very good, if pricey, upright vacuum that was among the better performers for cleaning carpets and bare floors, and for picking up pet hair. It had very good airflow for tools, and was excellent at keeping its emissions low. Dyson has been among the more reliable brands of upright vacuums.

What's funny is that 83 people gave it a 3.7 out of 5 stars, and only 65% would recommend them to a friend. CR rates it as the 20th best vacuum of the Upright models.

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

tharapat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tharapat

I bought a refurbished dyson once. ONCE!

Biggest waste of money ever. I only got about three dozen uses out of it before it completely broke down. And that was after the really short warranty was past.

Every vacuum before and after this has lasted longer and worked better. Never again, Dyson.

Wizardtom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wizardtom
tildabazga wrote:FWIW, Dysons continually rank near the bottom of their category on Consumer Reports. Just about any old Kenmore is much higher rated.

Do you have a source? I mean seriously I love mine. And I don't like any product or advertisement. I don't take any PR scheme or colorful language and bright technical pictures into account. I'm just using mine (ball dc19 I believe) and it's a powerhouse that is a snap to clean/empty with a hose that reaches hella far.

I have 30 shirts.woots and I really need some pants.woot, could use more belts.woot, definitely have to replace my approach shoes.woot.com.

I want to legally enter a McDonalds or gas station in any only woot apparel...

Hokiepoker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hokiepoker
tharapat wrote:I bought a refurbished dyson once. ONCE!

Biggest waste of money ever. I only got about three dozen uses out of it before it completely broke down. And that was after the really short warranty was past.

Every vacuum before and after this has lasted longer and worked better. Never again, Dyson.

You have obviously not had this machine in your home... I own this model...I also have 3 Persian cats. I have owned a Kirby.. I replaced my Excellent Sharp vacuum with a D28 Animal.... I got a great deal at Lowes on Black Friday 2010.... I paid over $400 and was thrilled to get it... holy cow this is the best vacuum cleaner I ever owned. The mini turbine head removes gobs of cat hair from my cloth verticle blinds with relative ease, with the manuverablilty of the extension hose being the only drawback... But I keep telling myself.. when that spring in the hose breaks in a little, this will be the most perfect piece of household equipment I ever owned.... $300!!!!! JUST GRAB ONE .. while you can.... I predict a sellout!!!! Even if they have a thousand of these!!!

Hokiepoker

DemonicGman wrote:Animals often strike us as passionate machines.
-- Eric Hoffer

Review by consumer reports

The first sentence of the last paragraph from that review: "But as our handling test revealed, the DC28's added pulling power made this 21-pound vacuum relatively hard to push and pull. "

Bull Crapola!!!! The thing I found instantly remarkable about mine the first time I used it was that it seemed to self propel...you only have to pull it back!!! I love it I love it I love it.. and so does my wife and she comlpained about the vacuums I bought for the first 28 years of our life together!!! She loves it She loves it She loves it.... And Might I add.....

You have obviously not had this machine in your home... I own this model...I also have 3 Persian cats. I have owned a Kirby.. I replaced my Excellent Sharp vacuum with a D28 Animal.... I got a great deal at Lowes on Black Friday 2010.... I paid over $400 and was thrilled to get it... holy cow this is the best vacuum cleaner I ever owned. The mini turbine head removes gobs of cat hair from my cloth verticle blinds with relative ease, with the manuverablilty of the extension hose being the only drawback... But I keep telling myself.. when that spring in the hose breaks in a little, this will be the most perfect piece of household equipment I ever owned.... $300!!!!! JUST GRAB ONE .. while you can.... I predict a sellout!!!! Even if they have a thousand of these!!!

nevets64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nevets64

I'M A VACUUM TECHNICIAN. GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT !!

VACUUM TECH

worldofjohnboy

Hokiepoker wrote:You have obviously not had this machine in your home... I own this model...I also have 3 Persian cats. I have owned a Kirby.. I replaced my Excellent Sharp vacuum with a D28 Animal.... I got a great deal at Lowes on Black Friday 2010.... I paid over $400 and was thrilled to get it... holy cow this is the best vacuum cleaner I ever owned. The mini turbine head removes gobs of cat hair from my cloth verticle blinds with relative ease, with the manuverablilty of the estension hose being the only drawback... But I keep telling myself.. when that spring in the hose breaks in a little, this will be the most perfect piece of household equipment I ever owned.... $300!!!!! JUST GRAB ONE .. while you can.... I predict a sellout!!!! Even if they have a thousand of these!!!

My wife is the director of environmental services and has had lots of poor experiences with these. I have three cats as well, one long haired, one medium haired, and a short haired cat (which for me, is harder to clean up after)... our $60 Eureka has lasted just as long as others have said their Dyson's have and it cleans up all our cat hair issues with ease.

My mom also had a Kenmore which she was getting fixed, they gave her a Dyson as a loaner and it broke on her within 15 minutes of use.

earmstro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages earmstro

SquareTrade warranty info:
One year addition for a $299.99 refurb vac = $44.99. Sure, there are coupons out there, but it still seems high to me. What is the failure rate on these?

dennisbobby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dennisbobby

I bought one of these Dysons on WOOT at least a year ago so I know what I am talking about. If anybody I knew needed one, including my daughter etc., I would say "Buy It"... It is great and really cleans the carpet and you see the results each time you use it. Easy to empty and no bags etc. You can see the dust it pulls out of carpet....you will use it just to see how good it works !!!

worldofjohnboy

nevets64 wrote:I'M A VACUUM TECHNICIAN. GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT !!

LOL... sounds like me (a Computer Tech) back in the day when people would buy an eMachine or a Gateway PC.

cliffrice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cliffrice

top rated vacuums are the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120 and the 110 for about $120.

Hokiepoker

worldofjohnboy wrote:Per Consumer Reports:

What's funny is that 83 people gave it a 3.7 out of 5 stars, and only 65% would recommend them to a friend. CR rates it as the 20th best vacuum of the Upright models.

I used Consumer Reports to help me buy my washer and dryer pair.... Look them up now... they are the most unreliable machines ever put on the market.... MCG8000AWW look them up. I've been replacing parts on them for years and seriously.. I just bought another part for the dryer today!!! Consumer Reports... I'd like to report them!!!!

And by the way!!!

cosmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmin

hmmm ... wonder what part of my comment made it go to /dev/null, the "working with a Mac" part or the "overpriced" part :P

anyway, I think that Roombas are better than any of the regular vacs ... which reminds me, time to fire them up!

c.

nevets64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nevets64
earmstro wrote:SquareTrade warranty info:
One year addition for a $299.99 refurb vac = $44.99. Sure, there are coupons out there, but it still seems high to me. What is the failure rate on these?

The first failure out of warranty is going to cost a minimum of $35 LABOR. That is the cheapest that I have ever seen. I'm the Tech for a national vacuum store. I personally wouldn't work on a Dyson for that little a labor charge.

VACUUM TECH

ohnoitsgodzirra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohnoitsgodzirra

Well I can't speak for any dyson but I wooted the shark navigator for my newest vacuum and I can't tell you how great it is. It was way cheaper than a dyson and uses the same technology. For $80 it is a better buy. Btw lifetime filters and belts free!

Hokiepoker

worldofjohnboy wrote:My wife is the director of environmental services and has had lots of poor experiences with these. I have three cats as well, one long haired, one medium haired, and a short haired cat (which for me, is harder to clean up after)... our $60 Eureka has lasted just as long as others have said their Dyson's have and it cleans up all our cat hair issues with ease.

My mom also had a Kenmore which she was getting fixed, they gave her a Dyson as a loaner and it broke on her within 15 minutes of use.

I think you ought to buy this one.. it will change your mind about Dysons

tapermule

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapermule

i have the same model and it is the best! it is a little hard to move around and i wish it would remember the floor setting but wouldnt trade it for any other machine!

Hokiepoker

ohnoitsgodzirra wrote:Well I can't speak for any dyson but I wooted the shark navigator for my newest vacuum and I can't tell you how great it is. It was way cheaper than a dyson and uses the same technology. For $80 it is a better buy. Btw lifetime filters and belts free!

Free shipping and handling on the belts and filters too????

This Dyson has no paper filters... it's push button over the garbage can technology is the best!!! Also... if you "can't speak for any dyson", how can you speak against it??? How do you know "it's a better buy"? Just thinking....

ditwad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ditwad
curtise wrote:Insert obligatory 'sucks' joke here.

-=C=-

OK. All vacuum cleaners suck.

Phyldirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phyldirt

I too have been waiting for this - in for one. My daughter has been envying my old
Dyson DC07 Original(bought on this site); I'll pass it on to her and keep the new one.

Referencing the March, 2011 Consumer Reports: This model is the top rated Dyson, listed as being in a tie for number 2 among bagless uprights out of 33. It has a "recommended" check. Reliability for Dysons is in a third place tie for upright models out of 12 manufacturers.

katkramer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katkramer

Ohhhh....vacuuming BLISS!!

I've had my Dyson now for about 5 years, and it's amazing. I had an Oreck, and vacuumed my carpet before I brought home the Dyson. In the living room alone, it sucked up three canisters FULL of cat fuzz! My parents had an expensive Kirby, and the same thing happened!

Read the history on this one. James Dyson went to Hoover with the design, and they turned him down. Hoover makes all of their money on BAGS. I used to work in flooring at Home Depot, and even the "bagless" vacuums have expensive filters ($11-20). So by the time you buy your cheap vacuum and feed it filters for two years, you could've already bought a Dyson.

Oh, and now apparently Hoover wishes they had bought the design from him and stuck it on a shelf. Way to go, James!!

Gotweed04

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Gotweed04

how is an animal vacuum different than a regular vacuum? Does PETA know about this?