0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kai Tan Ren 5-Piece Knife Set
$119.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Djbuttolph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Djbuttolph

NOT THE KNIVES AGAIN!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Wow, I went AFK, watched half a movie and made dinner and the headset was still up.

I didn't think it'd last that long but I'm glad I didn't miss anything!

Now I get to watch the rest of the movie though...

billpanop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billpanop

Yup more knives

robinr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinr99

nope

imcoffeegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcoffeegirl

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

dontmakemehurtyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dontmakemehurtyou

That's one sharp lookin deal.....

Meh...

sadsephiroth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth

When will we get back to the real woots?

bigdogx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogx

Yea, but can they cut through a nail, a tin can, and still slice a tomato like butter? ...... go GINSU !!!

My name is Connor Larkin, I am an Irishman, and I have had enough!

migsims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages migsims

Arg. Kershaw right? I love their folders.

- I buy anything cheap

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

christophermpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christophermpowell

Ok, *sigh* I'm done for the day. This is obviously going no where.

My friends call me Bruce.

justhannah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justhannah

Man, I want this set so bad... the only other place I found this online is ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kai-WTR5PC-UBSSN-Tan-Ren-5-Piece-Knife-Set-NEW-/360386451398?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8b4d7c6

And they want $249.00! This really is a good deal.

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

I've been wooting for years, and never had a Bundle of Crops.. tempted to get these knives and cut my head off... slowly.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

Some Californian has finally stepped up to relieve Woot of these knives.

Took a little while.

grandprixfamily

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grandprixfamily

todays woot-off is the sucketh.

Wadekind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wadekind

"Developed by the makers of fine Shun cutlery, Tan Ren™ is crafted with the same thought and attention to detail as all their knives"
They may have thought about these knives and paid attention to them but these are not Shun quality. They are lighter in weight and the blades are thinner. Definitely a "home" grade not professional. You get what you pay for.

?

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Hey Woot! "Cut" it out!

textunclear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages textunclear

Most Woots from Nebraska I see. They must need them for all those tasty Omaha steaks..

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

Living right next door in Missouri I'm kind of scared at the number of knives sold in Kansas. Hopefully they are planning for a lot of cooking.

ribaseball1026

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ribaseball1026
fredges wrote:I've been wooting for years, and never had a Bundle of Crops.. tempted to get these knives and cut my head off... slowly.

Does it upset you I got a Bundle of Crops within a couple months of wooting?

localfitch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages localfitch

I guess I should be afraid of the number of knives being sold in NJ, but I'm not surprised.

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

I like knives...

k8ybug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k8ybug
textunclear wrote:Most Woots from Nebraska I see. They must need them for all those tasty Omaha steaks..

kansas. nebraska is the state north of that

FauxReal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FauxReal

These are decent enough knives. I have a bunch of knives made by Kershaw. My kitchen knives are Ken Onion by Shun and they're amazing. A piece of chicken breast will seem like it split open and lay itself out for you with the such little cutting effort.

Having said that... I've never used the Tan Ren set but I believe they were an exclusive nice but affordable set made for Crate and Barrel.

Coming on strong with some hardcore power...

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

Where are the knife snobs? You know, the ones who always post that any knife in question is a piece of carp, especially compared to the (insert name of obscenely expensive knife) that they couldn't live without.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Anyone know how these compare to Shuns?

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

The first sucker listed on this page changed when I reloaded just now. Have other people seen that happen? It seemed weird.

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh
sandbar67 wrote:

At least the "don't want no doggone ribs" prank call took up 5 minutes of waiting for the Big Ole Cetacean.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

I'm loving the two KTR knives I got from here a few weeks ago. These are a great bargain for the prices they have here. Wish I could get this set too, but that would be redundant. Nice knives!

jbenfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenfield

They're OK, but they're the low-end beasts that you can buy at a certain box-and-bucket chain. They're not what you may be expecting from the name. Instead of buying 5 OK knives, take the money and buy one good one. You won't regret it.

textunclear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages textunclear
k8ybug wrote:kansas. nebraska is the state north of that

Yeah I just noticed that haha. That's what I get for looking at the map on a phone. I feel kinda dumb right now...

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh

Does it upset you I got a Bundle of Crops within a couple months of wooting?

You're just trying to bait me into picking up one of these sets of knives so you can go after the Bundle of Crops when it pops up--while I'm still dealing with the knives. No deal.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
Wadekind wrote:"Developed by the makers of fine Shun cutlery, Tan Ren™ is crafted with the same thought and attention to detail as all their knives"
They may have thought about these knives and paid attention to them but these are not Shun quality. They are lighter in weight and the blades are thinner. Definitely a "home" grade not professional. You get what you pay for.

I love mine. They cut through still-partially-frozen meats in an instant. They're incredibly sharp and very nice in the hand. Highly recommended, this is a great price for this many of them.

golanta00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golanta00

These are an entry level knife set for the kitchen manufactured by Kai, which is the parent company of Kershaw Knives. The Daido 1K6 steel is a grade of steel that is used primarily in the manufacture of middle of the road cutlery. In knife manufacture, everything about the steel is determined by the hardening process or heat treat. A decent heat treat can work wonders for a lower grade steel. It can't make it great but it can make it a little better. The following site has the composition for this steel.

http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/1k6.shtml

This is probably a decent enough set but I have read that some do not care for the lack of weight to the knives, which is apparently light in comparison to other more expensive knives.

Oh well, guess I was a bit late on my post

FauxReal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FauxReal
Daystar wrote:Anyone know how these compare to Shuns?

They are Shuns. Made with 1K6 steel which apparently is a notch down from what they make the Shun Ken Onions from and 2 notches down from the SG2 powder steel which is awesome.

Here's a discussion of the same steel but from another brand of knife.
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/808126/

Coming on strong with some hardcore power...

Bandmaster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bandmaster
mreynolds179 wrote:Living right next door in Missouri I'm kind of scared at the number of knives sold in Kansas. Hopefully they are planning for a lot of cooking.

Our Governor may be buying them - going after the liberals in the state....

Woot Woot - Strike Up The Band!!!

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez

nooo! I really need some good kitchen knives, and I already missed some kai knives. Let's hope we see some more tonight!

Eclipseking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eclipseking

if someone bought 2 sets and only wanted one please let me know, Ill buy it off of you. I was waiting all day and missed it.

DAVID MAUCH