WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What animals would you most want to communicate with?
  • 50% - Dogs 601
  • 25.8% - Cats 310
  • 12% - Birds 144
  • 2.2% - Lizards 26
  • 5.1% - Fish 61
  • 4.9% - Other (specify in comments) 59
1201 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bsmith1


quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Dolphins. So they could teach me the secrets of space travel.

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

I'd like to be able to talk to my cats but they probably wouldn't listen.

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
bsmith1 wrote:Dolphins. So they could teach me the secrets of space travel.



My thoughts exactly. On a more "practical" note: dogs would be too dumb, cats would be too snooty and pretentious and birds would be too hyper. As for the rest, who really wants to talk to a fish or a lizard...

jseamans78


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jseamans78

I just want some fish to tell me where to look for sunken treasure!!

K9itty


quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty

i just picked birds so i could send them on errands

ganome


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome

humans, technically humans are animals!!

choriskardia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages choriskardia

the hairless chimpanzees that are dominating and decimating the rest of the animal kingdom. They can understand words but constantly fail to grasp even simple principles like eating more fish than are being replenished by the fish that are left means one day there won't be anymore fish to catch. Trying to communicate that idea seems impossible to hear over their hungry stomachs.

bumfromjersey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumfromjersey

I chose birds. I was going to pick dogs but I doubt being able to talk to them would get them to stop chasing me.

ginawoot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

I communicate with dogs pretty well, so I've got one non-human species covered.

I'd really like to know what whales are thinking - about their lives, about their watery world, about us, about their long treks around the planet. Wouldn't that be a revelation?!

RobertCrist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertCrist

Women, I still cannot figure out the right way to communicate with them.

djinteractive


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djinteractive

I picked cats. Maybe mine will tell me if he plans on eating me when I die.

josephraa


quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa

A lot of people don't seem to be putting much thought into this beyond, "Oh, I love dogs!" or, "Oh, I love cats!"

I chose fish, because they might be able to help us explore the rest of the ocean, etc.

RobertCrist wrote:Women, I still cannot figure out the right way to communicate with them.


There is no right way. No matter what, everything you say is wrong to them.

koschild


quality posts: 0 Private Messages koschild

Of course dogs win...been on everyone's minds since Pixar's "Up"

fzzywolf


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fzzywolf

Ferrets. I want to know how they seem so happy ALL the time!

The Fzzy One

titaniumnation


quality posts: 0 Private Messages titaniumnation

Birds. I give them food, they give me a bird poop arsenal.

sharay4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharay4

Dolphins!

AZScott


quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott

Dogs do a decent job of communicating their feelings and needs.

Cats on the other hand generally indicate a form of S_T_F_U when they look up at you and meow.

It would be nice to know the entire thought process that precedes that S_T_F_U look.

Anidem


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anidem

Lizards.

Humanoid reptiles will certainly be the first to invade our planet. Securing the marketing rights of 6 billion is too tempting for any advanced species.

leapinlina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leapinlina

Men - where is there head? oh nevermind.

j-o-h-n


quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n

If by communicate, you mean command, then sharks.

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

andihansen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

dolphins and whales ~ their lives must be extraordinary. ~~ although i also agree it would be nice to communicate with the hairless apes. at times they seem almost capable of near intelligent thought.

sweetaddietude

royroddey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages royroddey

Congress.

I thought they understood us humans but apparently not...

wookerman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wookerman

Dogs....they are worthier than 90% of the people I deal with, by far a higher loyalty and integrity.

lipophilia


quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

I'm with Ganome - Humans.
Other than that - raptors - I'd love to hear them describe the feeling of soaring (and eating rodents).

dinks100


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinks100

I'ed want to summon Wolves.

slowjam


quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Polar bears. Because they are awesome.

http://leightonscience5.wikispaces.com/file/view/polar_bear_cub.jpg

redhawkgirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhawkgirl

Dolphins! They're supposed to be very smart.

garzman80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80

Dogs, mine specifically. I want to know why he barks at the same dog that walks by everyday. The dog doesn't bark back so it must be a one-sided conversation that he won't stop having no matter how many times I tell him not to.

EDIT: Now I am torn, I think I may want to change it to my 2yr old son. He doesn't understand why he can wear shorts and a t-shirt with sandals one day, and has to wear jeans, long sleeve shirt, hoodie and shoes the next. "Because we live in Michigan" doesn't seem to be working; therefore, tantrum is thrown.

kenadydw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenadydw

Women

mirgera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirgera
zekecatz wrote:I'd like to be able to talk to my cats but they probably wouldn't listen.



There should be a like button! haha

mirgera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirgera

I guess it would be interesting to talk to lions but probably they'll just talk about their looks so....

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

garzman80 wrote:Dogs, mine specifically. I want to know why he barks at the same dog that walks by everyday. The dog doesn't bark back so it must be a one-sided conversation that he won't stop having no matter how many times I tell him not to.

EDIT: Now I am torn, I think I may want to change it to my 2yr old son. He doesn't understand why he can wear shorts and a t-shirt with sandals one day, and has to wear jeans, long sleeve shirt, hoodie and shoes the next. "Because we live in Michigan" doesn't seem to be working; therefore, tantrum is thrown.



2 year old boys and dogs are almost the same.
So if you could reason with one, it would work on the other.

Yeah, dogs, well, my dog. I have questions.
What is so evil about the UPS and Fed Ex truck?

Why was the eighty year old grandma pushing a baby carriage a threat for 2 years? The same grandmother! Every day.

Why does he want to kill the dog down the block? As in, he can't be let off leash in the morning or afternoon because that is when that dog is walked. This war has been going on for 3 years now. Not a dominance fight that is over in a minute.
My dog goes to the dog park and has dog friends. He sees 20 or more dogs a day at times. But that ONE dog is the enemy.

Why will he just sit at the dog park and then try to make me play dog games as soon as we get home? Play your rough doggie games with the DOGS! I am a human.

Oh , and can we have a one bark means he wants food or water. 2 means he wants to go out. The dog dishes are behind the kitchen door. Right now he just stares at me.

Plus, before we get in the car and drive to the dog park.....can you tell me if you are grumpy and will fight? Or just in a laid back mood and don't care what is going on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

reiver69


quality posts: 0 Private Messages reiver69

Chupacabra /oh yeah

grannynomi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grannynomi

Llamas. They are so serene and relaxed.

sephto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sephto

none cuz it be like talking to children and i hate children

nosnevets


quality posts: 10 Private Messages nosnevets

Republicans

Nos

Life is too short and my liver is too fragile to drink bad wine.

prfesser


quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser
nosnevets wrote:Republicans



Beat me to it! It would be interesting to see if Republicans can think for real. It is cute when they try to look like they're thinking.

epicsatyr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

I chose lizards, they seem to appreciate sitting in the sun enjoying the day like I do. Also they can tell me about aeons of evolution cause they have all of that instinct stored in their brains, so I'd pretty much talk about the good ol' days when they ruled the land.

dinajames


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames
j-o-h-n wrote:If by communicate, you mean command, then sharks.



/agreed!