0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sunpak Pro 423PX Carbon Fiber Tripod
$79.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

joeythechum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeythechum

And the woot killer is finally here!!!! YAY

uehhole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uehhole

Awe crap!

csighence

quality posts: 3 Private Messages csighence

How is the stability on these? Nothing holding the legs together except at the top.

dondaves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dondaves

Come on already, I wanna see some debranded refurb computers....

Oilstain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oilstain
eldiablohijo wrote:*insert clever human tripod joke here*

It's like a baby's arm, holding an apple.

ryanmercer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanmercer

Grrr I want one, but that's more than I have in the bank as Woot always feels the need to do woot off's 2 days before payday.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

I don't currently have any carbon fiber. Should I still get a tripod in case I -do- get some carbon fiber someday and need a tripod for it? I don't think so.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

cactii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cactii

ooo, carbon fibre! Now I have a tripod I can take with me in my bugatti veyron.

SpANG

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SpANG

Eighty bucks seems a little high for a simple tripo-- What? OH! 'Carbon Fiber' you say? Well that makes all the difference.. If I was going to use it for something other than what a simple tripod is designed for (combat, billiards, jousting)! In for 3!

"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable; only unexplained."

pyromaniac511

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromaniac511

I've been looking at cf tripods for my dslr. any one know if i can swap out the head for a ball head?

jon98gn

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jon98gn

Amazon Link

Normally 124.95 on amazon

\

remav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remav

Lost: 1 3-legged camera holder, answers to the name of tripod.

Woot Never Sells Discount Gold.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Holds over 15 pounds! This will make a sweet rifle rest on this winter's hunting trip.

nieltj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nieltj
eldiablohijo wrote:*insert clever human tripod joke here*

I resemble that remark.

simplysweet0712

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simplysweet0712

Says it holds 15lbs, which probably wouldn't be a good option if you're shooting with a larger-end lens.

Amazon reviewer seems to have had that problem: http://www.amazon.com/Sunpak-Tripod-Section-Compact-Pistol/product-reviews/B0046R0ZJE/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

But considering it is normally $125, not a bad deal so long as you've got smaller camera equipment.

stupido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupido
csighence wrote:How is the stability on these? Nothing holding the legs together except at the top.

I am not familiar with this particular tripod but if designed correctly, you need only the top for stability. The lower brace is not needed. Look at many of the Manfrottos etc with on the top connecting the legs. They are very stable.

belhambone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belhambone
ryanmercer wrote:Grrr I want one, but that's more than I have in the bank as Woot always feels the need to do woot off's 2 days before payday.

I know!

nrowensby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrowensby
pyromaniac511 wrote:I've been looking at cf tripods for my dslr. any one know if i can swap out the head for a ball head?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sunpak+-+PRO+423PX+65.75%22+Tripod/1182193.p?id=1218246670915&skuId=1182193

$169 at Best Buy with a ballhead... If it's the same as the one at Best Buy, the head is, indeed, interchangeable.

wesdapilot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesdapilot
csighence wrote:How is the stability on these? Nothing holding the legs together except at the top.

You don't want anything at the bottom, as that limits the ability to move one leg out to adjust for uneven ground. Only the really cheap tripods have a base attachment.

dubious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubious

all the reviews I find for this model (particularly those citing weight/stability issues) have the pistol grip/ball head. This looks to have pan/tilt.

gglockner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gglockner

In for one. It's a great price for a carbon fiber tripod. I would have preferred a ball head, but that's easily replaced in the future.

The master knows all except combination to safe.

spatchcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spatchcock
ryanmercer wrote:Grrr I want one, but that's more than I have in the bank as Woot always feels the need to do woot off's 2 days before payday.

if you didn't spend money all the time on stuff you want versus stuff you need, you might have money in the bank to buy stuff you want/need later?

not judging, just sayin'

shelland

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelland

B&H has it for $150 with good reviews. One person says they use a Nikon DSLR with a large 80-200 lens on it. I'm tempted at this price versus spending $400+ for Manfroto, Vanguard, etc, but I don't like the look of that mount plate. Looks pretty small and cheap to be holding up potentially a few thousand dollars worth of equipment.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=740306&is=REG&si=rev#costumerReview

remav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remav

"Professional tripod for digital, video and film cameras."

Finally! 1 tripod that works for all 3 different types of cameras! Now I throw out the 3 tripods I have that that are apparently single type camera compatible.

Woot Never Sells Discount Gold.

spatchcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spatchcock
jon98gn wrote:Amazon Link

Normally 124.95 on amazon

that link is to the wrong product. That product has a pistol grip ball head that the product on woot does not.

kimvette

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kimvette

Cheap Sunpak tripods are, well, cheap. BUT: if you look at quality Gitzo, manfrotto, etc. tripods you will notice that the highly-rated tripods only join the legs at the "top." Some have a hook so you can hang a rock bag or a camera bag to help stabilize the tripod in high wind, and they are amazingly stable. The chinese knock-offs of the Manfrotto 055 tripods are also surprisingly stable as well.

This tripod is not a tripod for photographers; it is a pan-tilt head which is far more appropriate for videography, and for only light camcorders at that. It's a budget tripod and the stability isn't great, the head isn't very fluid, and doesn't support much weight so it is not something you would pair up with a DSLR or even a good camcorder.

Remember Thom's Maxim #2: "You can spend US$1700 to buy a good tripod and head, or you can spend US$1000 and do the same thing. (Corollary: eventually you'll do one or the other.)"

http://bythom.com/support.htm

f263u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f263u

Is there a reason that the Woot picture of this tripod doesn't show the Pistol Grip?

IS WOOT USING STOCK PHOTOS! YOU MEAN THEY DON'T ACTUALLY TAKE A PHOTO OF EACH ITEM!

Might be that this tripod doesn't have it, but quick search for this tripod appears the "PX" is the fancy shmancy trigger for the adjustment arm. If it has the trigger, you can be all like "Pew" "Pew" while making quick pan adjustments.

f263u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f263u

Looks like it might be a different model?

CompanyClerk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CompanyClerk

While having a good tripod is important... This carbon model weighs more than the Sunpak Pro Aluminum model by more than a half pound... I thought the purpose of carbon was to reduce weight and be stronger...

nrowensby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrowensby
spatchcock wrote:that link is to the wrong product. That product has a pistol grip ball head that the product on woot does not.

Same legs... Different head... Once you start getting into heavier duty tripods, you find that the heads are interchangeable...

mirandiab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirandiab

I totally feel ya on the payday thing. I was just talking to someone about how Woot always tortures me with a woot off right before payday!!!!

~Mrs. Bert

dubious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubious

$99 @ buy.com for the correct pan/tilt model

from what's in the box:
(1) Sunpak 620-423CFTPX 3 Section Pro 423PX Carbon Fiber

http://www.buy.com/prod/sunpak-3-section-carbon-fiber-tripod/223780598.html

shelland

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelland
remav wrote:"Professional tripod for digital, video and film cameras."

Finally! 1 tripod that works for all 3 different types of cameras! Now I throw out the 3 tripods I have that that are apparently single type camera compatible.

Depending on the tripod, they are not all designed for use with all cameras. For example, video cameras and a DLSR would ideally use different heads on a tripod. (depending on the type of photography) A better tripod has the ability to change heads, but most cheaper ones do not. I have a tripod designed for video cameras that I used with my DSRL for now, but it's far from ideal.

trinityscrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trinityscrew

Are they really locking down on erroneous comments now or are there just that few people playing on woot?

eabbott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eabbott

When is Woot gonna put the Nike MAGs on here?

knnaresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knnaresh

In for one. Been eyeing for a Tripod for a while. Looks like a good one compared to the prices everywhere.

DJFonzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJFonzi

Thanks Woot!
Now I'll have that dang horn line from "5:15" stuck in my head for the rest of the day...