WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Professional Gaming Hardware

When you absolutely, positively need an edge in gaming you should adjust the difficulty settings. But if you want a slightly different kind of edge, you should totally spring for some Razer professional gaming hardware!
Razer official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which is your favorite mouse? (How do you decide?)

I'm just hanging out, really.

bigedmustapha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigedmustapha

Pro gaming, but use an imac...oh the irony.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

The Mamba gaming mouse was offered on sellout! not long ago (for the same price, too, I believe) and went very quickly. Apparently early reviews were not good, but Razer has since worked out all the bugs so make sure to update the software if you pick one up!

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34

Salmosa for 20 bucks? And a refurb? Not a great deal.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs
inkycatz wrote:Which is your favorite mouse? (How do you decide?)

Currently I have the Razer Orochi, I like it due to the "hand neutral design" (i.e. can use with either right of left hand). I am not a gamer, but am behind a desk 40+ hours a week. I want to upgrade to the Mamba as it seems to be a bit larger than the Orochi and still "hand neutral"

(>.<)\m/

chrisiturrioz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisiturrioz
k0ugs wrote:Currently I have the Razer Orochi, I like it due to the "hand neutral design" (i.e. can use with either right of left hand). I am not a gamer, but am behind a desk 40+ hours a week. I want to upgrade to the Mamba as it seems to be a bit larger than the Orochi and still "hand neutral"

trying to find the perfect mouse for my laptop that i use for gaming, i really wanted to see the orochi being offered and i missed the mamba last week on sellout, good to see it on again but still on the fence to pick that up over the orochi...

azuruu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azuruu

I currently own the Razer Naga Molten and I fell in love with it first thing. I was deciding for about a month what kind of mouse I wanted to get, I didn't care about brand.
Since I have small hands, the mouse was a perfect fit. It doesn't feel like I need to stretch too far to reach certain buttons. The 12 side buttons have been super useful since I tend to play a lot of MMOs. It has also been great with the other PC games I own. I have a friend who owns a Razer Naga and he enjoys it as well.
Though I don't have a lot experience with mice, this mouse has been very useful for me.

berdmanfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berdmanfx
bigedmustapha wrote:Pro gaming, but use an imac...oh the irony.

bahahahaha!

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Fair enough. I only game on my PC. BUT I have to say the display itself on the 27" iMac puts every HDMI/DVI display I've seen to shame, including when looking at the exact same game in the same resolution between that and several "name-brand" TVs/PC displays.

Maybe it's just an attempt to preempt the question, "Will it work with my Mac?".

Socket

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Socket
soontekoh34 wrote:Salmosa for 20 bucks? And a refurb? Not a great deal.

From what I remember they used to have them new for $13.37...
So yeah, not so great.

petathepan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petathepan

The mamba was offered @ the woot off for $10 less

ezetsnd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ezetsnd

The last wootoff I don't think was for the 2012 version, was it?

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin
demon00689 wrote:Fair enough. I only game on my PC. BUT I have to say the display itself on the 27" iMac puts every HDMI/DVI display I've seen to shame, including when looking at the exact same game in the same resolution between that and several "name-brand" TVs/PC displays.

Maybe it's just an attempt to preempt the question, "Will it work with my Mac?".

I've compared a few Apple displays to several other monitors myself, and can see no appreciable difference after even a basic color calibration. If anything, Samsung displays appeared to be clearer and more vibrant.

Is it possible that you may be somewhat biased, considering your tag of "loyal employee of your favorite fruit company" and making a wild guess as to just who that might be?

spazzychippy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spazzychippy

I've used razer for years...their mice are great (I've had the original naga since it was released, and the only upkeep it's needed was to clean the contact on the left button a few months ago with some contact cleaner).
Their headset I had, the barracuda 5.1 was barely worth the plastic that it was made of, and their keyboards aren't bad, had a lycosa for a couple years, but like any rubber membrane keyboard, it died on me.

the Naga is hands down the best mouse I've seen for MMO gamers. Used it all through WOTLK in WoW and it seriously was a welcome addition to my arsenal.

Bandrik

quality posts: 76 Private Messages Bandrik

I'm no stranger to Razer mice, having several myself. I'm still using my Razer Diamondback (my 3rd woot ever, back in 2006) on my main PC, a DeathAdder on my laptop, and I'm just now learning to use my new Naga.

I've been wanting the Naga Epic for its wireless features, but kept missing them on Woot. Just picked one up. Now I have Dual Nagas. Or will the be Dueling Nagas? I dunno. But at $70 that's a great price.

I've also been eying the BlackWidow keyboard for a long time now (I <3 mechanical keyboards) and was delighted to finally see one on woot. But I did a background check on them, and they've been plagued by various issues in the past (notably, mismatched keys and the spacebar sticking down). I'm not sure if I'd want to mess around with a refurbished BlackWidow, when I can get a new one on Amazon for $10-20 more. Not a great deal, methinks.

ChristGuard

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChristGuard

Worse yet, the picture shows a Naga to the left of the keyboard... How exactly is this guy going to cast spells left handed with those 12 buttons? Maybe his pinky finger is double jointed?

In other news, I love my Naga, but I am right handed and use my thumb.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

So with Naga Molten could I program Photoshop/other Creative Suite macros for it?

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
ChristGuard wrote:Worse yet, the picture shows a Naga to the left of the keyboard... How exactly is this guy going to cast spells left handed with those 12 buttons? Maybe his pinky finger is double jointed?

In other news, I love my Naga, but I am right handed and use my thumb.

I had a naga (yeah an older, slightly buggy one) for around two years. They take a while to get used to. They are really great for doing things besides gaming as well. Mine died.. but then everything computer related does at some point. The only issue I had, was that the side key pad needed to be cleaned quite a bit or it would get nasty.

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

refurbed keyboard? Been there, done that, never again.

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus
ezetsnd wrote:The last wootoff I don't think was for the 2012 version, was it?

I was told it was, so I hope so. It does look exactly like my previous Mamba though..

EDIT: And apparently it isn't, and other Wooters experienced the same "problem" by getting the old version.

Bandrik

quality posts: 76 Private Messages Bandrik
xercess wrote:So with Naga Molten could I program Photoshop/other Creative Suite macros for it?

That's honestly what I got mine for. I haven't really tried it out with Photoshop and Illustrator (and the rest) yet, but I did some reading and several people use it for that.

If I remember right, you can bind keystrokes to the mouse buttons, so you can do nearly anything a keyboard shortcut would give you in Adobe software. Great for commonly-made tasks!

valtr0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valtr0n

Last time I bought a Razer Mamba from Woot, it died within a year. Razer was absolutely no help (it was out of warranty, I don't know what I expected), and from what I saw online the issue that arose with my mouse was pretty common.

Can't speak for the rest of their stuff, but a $70 mouse should last more than a year. I switched back to Logitech - who typically goes above and beyond their 3 (!) year warranty - and haven't looked back.

Hope this helps someone.

stunngun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stunngun

90 for a refurbished BlackWidow isn't great... can get one new for 110-120.

nickcv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickcv
stunngun wrote:90 for a refurbished BlackWidow isn't great... can get one new for 110-120.

$80 new direct from Razer and on Newegg. Not paying $10 more for a refurb here.

delaquai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delaquai

I've owned 3 razor mice, all 3 have failed after about a year. Double clicking and disconnect reconnect issues on all of em. I've had friends but razor mice against my advice, same thing happened to them.

miodek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miodek

Why you offer something and later we see that only shipping 5 usd works in US and not possible shipping to other countries.

You should change woot! name for woot! US.

jamesx88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesx88
nickcv wrote:$80 new direct from Razer and on Newegg. Not paying $10 more for a refurb here.

$80 for a REGULAR one, not the Ultimate.

blackIria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blackIria

2 issues.

1) The Black Widows are notorious for having quality control issues. Read the Amazon reviews. Probably why they are not sold out of this "Refurbished" sale.

2) You can get one that's "Like New" for $90 plus free prime shipping from Amazon themselves. So how is this a deal, when returning to Woot is so much more a pain when this KB fails, since the "Refurbished" wont be covered under the same warranty as "Like New" for an item that has a penchant for failure?

You'd think it'd be hard to screw up a mechanical keyboard-- they're indestructible... but leave it to overseas quality control and no serious testing.. and you have the Black Widow.

NEONNIGHT34609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NEONNIGHT34609

NO IT WAS NOT EVEN KNOW THEY LISTED IT AS IF IT WAS

ezetsnd wrote:The last wootoff I don't think was for the 2012 version, was it?

megasquishyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megasquishyman
k0ugs wrote:Currently I have the Razer Orochi, I like it due to the "hand neutral design" (i.e. can use with either right of left hand). I am not a gamer, but am behind a desk 40+ hours a week. I want to upgrade to the Mamba as it seems to be a bit larger than the Orochi and still "hand neutral"

I've had the mamba for a while now. Its really great when its acting like a deathadder (meaning when its plugged in). ive had some tracking and mouse skipping issues with it when its in wireless mode. also...its not hand neutral. its designed for a right hand (curved, thumb buttons only on left side)

Mechageo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mechageo

I've had a Razor Naga for nearly two years and it's still my go-to mouse for everything. I really like how it feels and the side buttons are useful in most games.

isaacbuerger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaacbuerger

I'm actually seriously considering buying the Blackwidow Ultimate, call me crazy, but here's my thinking....

Yes, it has been plagued with quality control issues. Commonly people are returning them due to keys rubbing together, or LEDs failing. But these are refurbs... Wouldn't that imply that these particular keyboards most likely DID experience a problem and were returned to Razer? If that's the case then this batch has actually undergone a second round of QC/repairs, and as such should be more reliable than factory fresh boards.

Razer wouldn't dare resell a returned board without fixing the problem it was returned for, would they? So if it's an issue of trimming some plastic, or swapping a diode, it should be solved. And if for some reason the problem isn't fixed, it's already failed, so it should be apparent upon arrival, not lurking to trouble me months down the road.

Reviews from people with fully functional samples are outstanding for this keyboard. And it is built pretty solidly. Between mechanical switches and the firmly attached double set of cables, I'd expect this board to last nearly as long as an old IBM Model M.

Is this a terrible mistake, or an opportunity to increase my chances of beating the factory quality lotto and getting a great keyboard at a decent price? Tell me what you think.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

I am using the Naga Epic I bought as a refurb. It lives up to its name, it is pretty epic. I updated the firmware for it and downloaded the drivers to optimize it and I have to say it works wonderfully well. I have used it as both a wired and wireless. I don't really have a preference either way. It's easy to switch around on the fly too if I need to switch rooms or am doing research and need to grab a book from my bookshelf.

It's funny, I look around and all my accessories are Razer. Most bought as refurbs on Woot. I wasn't impressed with my last mouse, the tron one. It was absolutely horrific. Now, because the Epic was a refurb I did swab it down and get some goop off it, especially around the pads on the bottom.

I have the headset too, just a note, if you have a big head I can see it being overly tight, I generally just plug the mic portion in and use it to talk while listening through my most awesomely amazing Bose system

morningguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morningguy

Those Headphones are the same ones Pewdiepie wears

thomassonwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thomassonwe

I bought a DeathAdder in the last Woot Off and have enjoyed it so far. I was hoping to buy another one in this sale to use at work, but it sold out before I could grab it.

nickolusroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickolusroy
azuruu wrote:I currently own the Razer Naga Molten and I fell in love with it first thing. I was deciding for about a month what kind of mouse I wanted to get, I didn't care about brand.
Since I have small hands, the mouse was a perfect fit. It doesn't feel like I need to stretch too far to reach certain buttons. The 12 side buttons have been super useful since I tend to play a lot of MMOs. It has also been great with the other PC games I own. I have a friend who owns a Razer Naga and he enjoys it as well.
Though I don't have a lot experience with mice, this mouse has been very useful for me.

Awesome I just bought it and got made fun of by everyone at work. "Refurb mouse?" "what are you going to use all those buttons for?" ... well for $40 I probably wont regret the decision too much. But I'm glad to see someone out there loves it.

nickolusroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickolusroy
isaacbuerger wrote:But these are refurbs... Wouldn't that imply that these particular keyboards most likely DID experience a problem and were returned to Razer? If that's the case then this batch has actually undergone a second round of QC/repairs, and as such should be more reliable than factory fresh boards.

Great point. I've never had a problem with anything refurbished ever. My samsung laptop I got as a refurb and it's probably the most stellar thing I own.

dipdac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac

I like that keyboard, but for 90 bones what does it do besides light up?

We have refurb AW keyboards for 59 that light up different colors at Disco-E. My employee discount makes am 48.

CrispyFShacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrispyFShacker
dipdac wrote:I like that keyboard, but for 90 bones what does it do besides light up?

We have refurb AW keyboards for 59 that light up different colors at Disco-E. My employee discount makes am 48.

It's a mechanical keyboard. Meaning under every button is a "cherry mx switch" These are more reliable and have a distinct clicking/ actuation noise. Pretty much helps with the problem of Where's the Hotel? i pressed the button but it didn't go.