+ Add a Comment

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Hi, I'm going to be putting stuff in this here thread this week. I'll edit this top post with up to date info and links. Feel free to post below and make sure to like our Facebook page!

(I promise that is all the pimping I will be doing)

POC#10 Winner is number 937 of 2217 eligible entries! Carol Bonkosky has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap X: Beyond Crap
POC#9 Winner is number 1876 of 2544 eligible entries! Eric Free has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap IX: Touch Me, I’m Crap
POC#8 Winner is number 1870 of 2775 eligible entries! Alan Wong has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap VIII: Clash Of The Crap
POC#7 Winner is number 2526 of 2545 eligible entries! Robert Young has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap VII: Don’t Crap A Hero
POC#6 Winner is number 135 of 2008 eligible entries! Bryan Hawke has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap VI: From Texas With Crap
POC#5 Winner is number 721 of 2864 eligible entries! John Beam has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap V: Crap On Patrol
POC#4 Winner is number 3488 out of 3493 eligible entries! Cindy Wilson has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap IV: Your Crap Or Your Life
POC#3 Winner is number 2201 of 2736 eligible entries! Emma Dzelzkalns has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap III: For The Love Of Crap
POC#2 Winner is number 526 of 1779 eligible entries! Chuck Obenschain has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap II: Crap Nights
POC#1 Winner is number 701 out of 2372 eligible entries! Frances Mattox has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

POC FAQ
Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone this week until 9/17 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

carl669


quality posts: 26 Private Messages carl669
agingdragqueen wrote:
(I promise that is all the pimping I will be doing)



because pimpin' ain't easy...



Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

abitterwoman


quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
carl669 wrote:because pimpin' ain't easy...



Hahah! *High 5*

Also, sounds awesome ADG

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

Woot is offering a PIECE OF CRAP to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions



  • Promotion begins at 12:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Crap Dawn” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)


The lucky winner of POC #1 is: Frances Mattox!

kpjackson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpjackson

Do we need to guess what it is, or will any crappy comment do?

mvanco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco
agingdragqueen wrote:Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

Woot is offering a PIECE OF CRAP to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions


  • Promotion begins at 12:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Crap Dawn” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)




Done and Done!

  • Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

salbrac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages salbrac



agingdragqueen wrote:Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

Woot is offering a PIECE OF CRAP to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions


  • Promotion begins at 12:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:30 p.m. (CT) on September 10, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Crap Dawn” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)



HolyMythos


quality posts: 48 Private Messages HolyMythos

So! Excited! Can't! Breathe!

Luckily I don't need air to type.

mvanco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

Seeings how woot! likes to picture flying monkeys with their products I would guess the item is what the monkey is in.

  • Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

toxico


quality posts: 1 Private Messages toxico

Like a boss.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

kpjackson wrote:Do we need to guess what it is, or will any crappy comment do?



No need to guess, just make sure to put in Crap Dawn in the subject!

k9sar


quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar
agingdragqueen wrote:Hi, I'm going to be putting stuff in this here thread this week. I'll edit this top post with up to date info and links. Feel free to post below and make sure to like our Facebook page!

(I promise that is all the pimping I will be doing)

Now accepting entries from 12:30 CT - 1:30 CT: Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn



email sent and I already like woot on facebook. Wondering if the GIANT flying monkeys will make an appearance again.

aerialdal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerialdal

ummm..ok

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

My note said: Don't be a POS. Gimme a POC!

binners


quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

I hope I wasn't supposed to guess or write anything in the email... Because it's already sent.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

binners wrote:I hope I wasn't supposed to guess or write anything in the email... Because it's already sent.



Anything you write is only a bonus to me.

binners


quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners
agingdragqueen wrote:No need to guess, just make sure to put in Crap Dawn in the subject!



Yea!!!

mvanco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco
agingdragqueen wrote:Anything you write is only a bonus to me.



Now I wish I had written something better =(

  • Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

mossygreen


quality posts: 65 Private Messages mossygreen
agingdragqueen wrote:Anything you write is only a bonus to me.



That is an invitation to abuse. I don't know if I mean it as a verb or a noun.

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

I for one appreciate this non FB/Twitter method of entry

122 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Bunch of Centers (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Trishlovesdolphins


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Trishlovesdolphins

I sent an email but it was bounced back for "potty mouth."

I survived the great battery woot off of 4/1/08

ericsims


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericsims
agingdragqueen wrote:Anything you write is only a bonus to me.



I sent mine, but in my email body I pretended to be a mute.

EdJaegers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages EdJaegers

Message sent - awaiting announcement of my name.....

jenniheslop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniheslop

Boo Woot!
I am from the UK and therefore cannot win some crap, that sucks!

Can't you just say - $5 postage for non US?

sully51


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sully51
mvanco wrote:Seeings how woot! likes to picture flying monkeys with their products I would guess the item is what the monkey is in.



Their post on Facebook says everything in the picture is included, so you get both!

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

jenniheslop wrote:Boo Woot!
I am from the UK and therefore cannot win some crap, that sucks!

Can't you just say - $5 postage for non US?



The problem with taxes and junk then comes into play. Right now in order to do giveaways we need to stick to what's already been set up by Amazon & Facebook, but certainly our international friends are a consideration in the future.

LittleTinyMonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleTinyMonkey

Bacon?

M-kind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages M-kind

I like turtles...

Yev

yotko


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yotko

IF one is lucky enough to win, would one be eligible for future POCs? I'm, uh, asking for a friend!

truthbtold1331


quality posts: 1 Private Messages truthbtold1331
natedogg828 wrote:I for one appreciate this non FB/Twitter method of entry



Agreed!

Tc-99m

SColburn


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SColburn

Do we get any sort of "no-reply" type email confirming successful entry? I guess I just want to make sure my email went through. I guess I could do a read receipt, but that only works if (a) my email was opened, and (b) woot's crappy email server supports it.

waffle418


quality posts: 1 Private Messages waffle418
agingdragqueen wrote:Anything you write is only a bonus to me.



I'm putting novels translated into morse code in from now on!

jennyland


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
mvanco wrote:Now I wish I had written something better =(



Right?! Aww, I would have left you a sweet nothing in my message, ADQ, if I had read through this first! BAD WOOTER!! BAD!!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

xochiluvr


quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

I'm waiting for Crappy Recall.

If we're crapifying movie remakes, this could be fun.

Crapo (Psycho)

Crapeo & Juliet

3:10 to Crap

The Crappyville Horror

The Day the Crap Stood Still

marktendler


quality posts: 1 Private Messages marktendler

YAY!

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
xochiluvr wrote:I'm waiting for Crappy Recall.

If we're crapifying movie remakes, this could be fun.

Crapo (Psycho)

Crapeo & Juliet

3:10 to Crap

The Crappyville Horror

The Day the Crap Stood Still


The Evil Crap
The Evil Crap 2
Army of Crapiness

122 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Bunch of Centers (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jennyland


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
natedogg828 wrote:The Evil Crap
The Evil Crap 2
Army of Crapiness



Legend of the Crap

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

M3wThr33


quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33

And now the insufferable wait.

lordsul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordsul

woohoo in and waiting for your call Woot !

binners


quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

Did someone say "Bacon"!!!!!