3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

RPorter1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RPorter1

I got the 40 inch model from woot, and I'm pretty happy with it. Two dead pixels on the far left side, a little bit of a wavy texture when the screen is dark, but at 300 bucks its worth the minor imperfections. Color and brightness are good. Its no best in class performer, but a great deal at the price.

bobbyinop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobbyinop

I picked one of these up in August for the same price and have been really happy with it. No dead pixles, no complaints with the picture. I would suggest hooking it up to surround sound. Overall a great buy for the $.

bobbyinop

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
bobbyinop wrote:No dead pixles

*My* box came filled with dead pixies!

taurine

quality posts: 5 Private Messages taurine

I have this TV. Got it a few months ago when it was featured in community sourced deals. I'm very happy with it and haven't had problems with it. I hooked my computer up to its VGA and used it has a huge monitor for a while. I've since got an HD cable box from Comcast, so now I use it as a real TV. Still have my computer hooked up via HDMI for when I want to watch a movie that's on my computer. It works flawlessly.

Sometimes the picture looks a little green around the edges of people's faces or lettering. Sometimes there's this scan line thingy that slowly works its way down the picture over 10 seconds. I don't know if these are problems with the TV or my setup though. Either way though it doesn't bother me or blatantly happen.

The picture is just as sharp as the sharpest display models at Walmart or Best Buy. That's what I was worried about the most, given that the brand isn't that popular, but everything turned out fine. I've since theorized that stores purposely hook up bad connections/signals to cheaper TVs so you buy the more expensive ones.

So, yeah. The TV is fine, and for $299, you're not going to find a better deal for a 42" TV.

Joshocaust

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Joshocaust

My roommate bought us this TV the last time it was on Woot. I only play games on the TV, and for that I think it's fantastic. Why? ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT LAG AT ALL.

To further this, it's pretty amazing to me that not only does playing games have no input lag whatsoever, but (and I realize this is completely unrelated) there's no input lag when you're using the remote, either. I didn't think I would care, but it's really nice to have such a responsive menu when you have to navigate it.

I think this TV is worth every penny for playing games. I'm extremely happy with it.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1071 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Urthstripe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Urthstripe

Got this with the last Woot. It's a great TV, lightweight with a fantastic picture. There is a fix out there for the screeching noise it may make when changing channels on a satellite box or what not.

"The first thing you want to check is the audio settings in the cable box.
You want to make sure the audio is disabled through the cable box. Secondly, check the audio settings on the TV. Select menu, the audio, select SPDIF TYPE,
then choose PCM."

But really, you shouldn't be using the tv speakers anyway.

Also, a word about the packaging... YMMV. They ship it in the tv box and well, it isn't great. My box was loosely taped together (with one piece of tape) and the styrofoam inside had fallen all out of place. TV was undamaged, but there were other tales of damaged TV's and remotes (and other accessories) falling out of the box. For this price though and for the quality of the tv, I'd say it's worth pulling the trigger and taking the slight gamble. You know, live a little.

dorkythegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorkythegreat

I've got this last September, and really satisfied with overall quality so far. There is no dead pixels on the screen, everything works fine.

However, it does not fully supports 1080p HDMI connection. Instead, there is some clipping on the bottom and top of the screen (about 50 pixels on each side) when I connected it to two different laptops (Sony VAIO Z2, Apple MacBook Pro retina).

ropper1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ropper1

I got it last time too. This is a great TV for $300 - it definitely exceeded my expectations.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

I don't think Woot is ever going to live down that whole damaged TV fiasco. It just comes back to haunt them over and over again.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

PRICE COMPARISONS-New Vs. Refurbished

Today's Woot = 299.99Refurbished

Walmart = $368.00 New In Box http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-F42K20E/20549808?adid=bzv_fb_revshr_001
53 Reviewshttp://reviews.walmart.com/1336/20549808/hisense-42-class-led-lcd-1080p-60hz-hdtv-1-5-ultra-slim-f42k20e-reviews/reviews.htm

Brand New only $68.01 more than Refurbished I was thinking about pulling the trigger on this offer but after seeing the small difference in price for a brand new model I'm backing off. Does not seem to be as good a deal as I thought on first glance. C'mon Woot, you're going to have to knock off about another $20 to make this refurb competitive against the same product that is NIB.

gary9635

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gary9635

I bought the Hisense 40 inch model off Woot back in July, and it shot craps on me with about a week to go in the 90 day Woot warranty, luckily. But not so luckily, it's going to cost me $275 to ship it back to Woot to get my $250 warranty. It's the principle of the thing. When I first received it, one of the three HDMI ports never worked. By the time my 90 days was almost up, the TV wouldn't even "boot up". I smelled a burning odor through the back vents, and a loud clicking sound coming from the TV with only a black screen.

Buyer beware. In my opinion, any off brand that doesn't even show up in the most basic TV searches, is something to avoid like the plague.

PS. Mine also arrived with an ugly scuff/abrasion mark right on the top. I was willing to overlook the cosmetic blemish had the TV worked as it should have.

I've giving the Woot refurb TV thing one more try. I just purchased, and am awaiting arrival of the 47 inch Vizio that was posted about a week ago. If that one is crap, I'm joining an Amish community.

msjoanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msjoanne
charliecarroll wrote:PRICE COMPARISONS-New Vs. Refurbished

Today's Woot = 299.99Refurbished

Walmart = $368.00 New In Box http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-F42K20E/20549808?adid=bzv_fb_revshr_001
53 Reviewshttp://reviews.walmart.com/1336/20549808/hisense-42-class-led-lcd-1080p-60hz-hdtv-1-5-ultra-slim-f42k20e-reviews/reviews.htm

Brand New only $68.01 more than Refurbished I was thinking about pulling the trigger on this offer but after seeing the small difference in price for a brand new model I'm backing off. Does not seem to be as good a deal as I thought on first glance. C'mon Woot, your going to have to knock off about another $20 to make this refurb competitive against the same product that is NIB.

Refurbs are individually QC'd. On a product that has enough refurbs to sell on Woot, I'd take a refurb over NIB, myself.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

Here is the manual
This TV gets great reviews everywhere I look.

beth8881

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beth8881

walk away from refurb. You have to pay for return shipping if there are dead pixels. UPS quoted me $100 to return. Not a deal.

themaineevent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themaineevent

I bought one the last time these came up and couldn't be happier with the quality of the picture.

The remote is fairly basic, but that's to be expected with a TV at this price point.

I also have an LCD TV of a higher brand and have to say that I think the Hisense LED has a better picture.

Hibbleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hibbleton

I bought the 40" version last time and it arrived with the power outlet in the back of the TV upside down. That doesn't sound bad except that the power cord that comes with it is a right-angle cord and it wouldn't go into the outlet due to the recessed space the outlet resides in. I had to buy a straight power cord and it works fine now, but you have to wonder how they refurbish these things.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
themaineevent wrote:I bought one the last time these came up and couldn't be happier with the quality of the picture.

The remote is fairly basic, but that's to be expected with a TV at this price point.

I also have an LCD TV of a higher brand and have to say that I think the Hisense LED has a better picture.

It is generally expected that LED has better picture quality than LCD. There is also the added bonus that LED does not take as much power to operate. In a year's time that can make a few bucks difference in your power bill.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

TV is at Walmart for pick-up if you order online for $299 also.

I personally would just get a better TV that I would be more happy with at a higher price.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
StanleyS wrote:*My* box came filled with dead pixies!

I have heard rumor that when they die pixies resemble styrofoam packing peanuts : )

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

I personally would spend less than $100 more and buy a NEW 600Hz 42" Panasonic 720p Plasma TV. I would without hesitation buy a premium quality 720p set over a cheap low quality overrated 1080p LED LCD set.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

shawnpmoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnpmoore

Walmart has this brand new for the same price!!

mikedcast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikedcast
shawnpmoore wrote:Walmart has this brand new for the same price!!

Yes they do that's where I bought mine same exact tv for the same price then about 1 month after I bought it, the power wouldn't turn on finally after 2 months of dealing with there warranty dept. they finally got it fixed .

StanleyS

charliecarroll wrote:It is generally expected that LED has better picture quality than LCD.

Got a link for that? (The only difference between a so-called LED TV and an LCD TV is the backlight used to illuminate the *exact same* LCD screen.)

dekoquonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dekoquonut

I have been up since midnight hitting F5, could someone please buy all of these TVs so I can get a Bahg of Crahp?

- Ain't there nothin' I can take?

djmj99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages djmj99
StanleyS wrote:Got a link for that? (The only difference between a so-called LED TV and an LCD TV is the backlight used to illuminate the *exact same* LCD screen.)

Head to your local TV dealer...and use your EYES!

StanleyS

djmj99 wrote:Head to your local TV dealer...and use your EYES!

By "local TV dealer" I guess you mean BestBuy. I doubt BB has 2 TVs set up next to each other that are otherwise identical except that one has LED illumination and the other FL so the test you suggest will be impossible.
You think X is better than Y? Provide me with a link. The internet is our friend.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
StanleyS wrote:Got a link for that? (The only difference between a so-called LED TV and an LCD TV is the backlight used to illuminate the *exact same* LCD screen.)

He is absolutely correct. The only improvement using LED backlight as opposed to fluorecent is that there is less flicker with LED. Video lag and motion blurr have nothing to do with LED vs fluorecent. I personally don't like the bluish white light LED backlit TVs have.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
shawnpmoore wrote:Walmart has this brand new for the same price!!

The one for the same price is also refurb and is not an ulra-slim LED like this... They DO have the same model as this brand new for $368... Honeslty, refurbs are quite often just "re-boxes" that are returns when nothing is wrong with them. This is a pretty good deal, I just wish I got one at Costco this summer brand new for $349.

Also, this brand is actually very big in other parts of the world, including Australia, they are NOT completely unheard of.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
dekoquonut wrote:I have been up since midnight hitting F5, could someone please buy all of these TVs so I can get a Bahg of Crahp?

..you new here?

jhonka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhonka

Got this at walmart. Display model, markey down to $228. Looks perfect and I'm happy. It's super slim. only problem is hooking up as a computer monitor, you have to set up a custom resolution because it does cut off about 50 pixels top and sides if you're in full 1080. So I have it at 1880 x 1000 resolution. Works fine like that.

Theboneezer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Theboneezer
taurine wrote:I have this TV. Got it a few months ago when it was featured in community sourced deals. I'm very happy with it and haven't had problems with it. I hooked my computer up to its VGA and used it has a huge monitor for a while. I've since got an HD cable box from Comcast, so now I use it as a real TV. Still have my computer hooked up via HDMI for when I want to watch a movie that's on my computer. It works flawlessly.

Sometimes the picture looks a little green around the edges of people's faces or lettering. Sometimes there's this scan line thingy that slowly works its way down the picture over 10 seconds. I don't know if these are problems with the TV or my setup though. Either way though it doesn't bother me or blatantly happen.

The picture is just as sharp as the sharpest display models at Walmart or Best Buy. That's what I was worried about the most, given that the brand isn't that popular, but everything turned out fine. I've since theorized that stores purposely hook up bad connections/signals to cheaper TVs so you buy the more expensive ones.

So, yeah. The TV is fine, and for $299, you're not going to find a better deal for a 42" TV.

I must disagree regarding price since I did find a better deal. I almost bought a nearly identical one on Woot the last time it was offered but did a little research and ended up buying the same set for about $220 all in from an outfit named shopjimmy.com. I can't vouch for how good their customer service is but can tell you that I got my set in a reasonable amount of time, undamaged, and it continues to work fine.

The model number of the one I purchase was LTDN42V77US which is different from this one but apeears to be about the same. Might be different # of inputs. In any case, the point is that when it was apples to apples I found a better deal and suspect you may be able to as well. Just be careful of the policies of the online vendor in case the are problems.

I do like the TV and at either price it's a great value.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

Don't buy it! I bought this last time, and the picture does not work. Returning was already a hassle in NYC (Woot would not do an exchange), and now is impossible due to Hurricane Sandy.

siryn79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79

this seems like a great deal, but i'm concerned about shipping. is there any way to know when it will be shipped? i work 9am-6pm, but need to be home to sign for the package. it seems too heavy to carry myself from a delivery hub. any advice?

Afoltz2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Afoltz2
drunkenalien wrote:I don't think Woot is ever going to live down that whole damaged TV fiasco. It just comes back to haunt them over and over again.

Very true, I figure they'd learned their lesson but no. Bought a 46" VIZIO 3D LED TV on 8/25/2012 for $550. Thought it was a great deal! Received quickly (9/7/12) but box was cut and the corner plastic around tv was broken and there was a 2"-3" gash in the back of the television. I immediately e-mailed woot and they explained the return process. Must make a damage claim through FedEx which was a pain as FedEx claims the shipper must make the claim. Finally got everything settled and FedEx picked up the damaged package on 9/12/12. Woot received package on 9/18/12. I sent multiple e-mails to Woot with tracking number (as requested). on 9/22/12 I sent an e-mail asking when refund would be made or if I would receive a replacement item. On 9/24/12 I received an e-mail apologizing for no response to previous e-mails and that the refund would be processed and show within 7-10 business days but my financial institution may take longer to show. On 10/5/12 I e-mailed Woot as I had not received any refund. I e-mailed again on 10/10/12 and have not received a single return e-mail. I still have not received a refund. I also just received a letter from FedEx stating that they could not process the damage claim due to the shipper not initiating the claim. Still no refund or response from Woot. Luckily, my credit card company is investigating and has taken the charge off of my account. Very disappointed with Woot and their lack of customer service. You've seen it before, but buyer beware, do NOT purchase a television from Woot!

StanleyS

siryn79 wrote:it seems too heavy to carry myself from a delivery hub. any advice?

Find a friend to help you?

siryn79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79
StanleyS wrote:Find a friend to help you?

ha, i guess i'll have to.. but also afraid that the box won't fit into my 2001 sentra

StanleyS

siryn79 wrote:afraid that the box won't fit into my 2001 sentra

I fit a 42" Panasonic plasma into the back of a Prius. YMMV!!!