2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
AC Delco Alkaline Batteries
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

wkdadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkdadam

OH I LOVE BATTERIES

HELLO

thebigbread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebigbread

Wait.. ACdelco batteries?!

Whats next, Motorcraft?

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

You can buy these to put in the RC vehicles that Woot! also has for sale.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Just a reminder that Toys for tots needs batteries just as much as they need toys. Maybe consider picking up an extra woot to donate

geneand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geneand

http://www.amazon.com/Delco-Alkaline-Batteries-Recloseable-Pack/product-reviews/B004SCA15K

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

If you've got a 99 Cents Only Store near you, you can get 4 packs of AAs and AAAs for a buck, so 48 AAs and 24 AAAs would be $18+tax, which is a little bit cheaper than this deal. Plus, they're Sony or Varta brand, which are brands I am more familiar with. Plus, you're not forced to buy more batteries that you might need.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Does anyone know the voltage and milliampere-hour ratings for the AA batteries?

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby
vladistov wrote:Does anyone know the voltage and amp-hour ratings for the AA batteries?

I bought these on another woot sale. The pkg states they are
1.5 volts. Doesn't list the amp-hour rating on the pkg.

TypeOholic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TypeOholic
vladistov wrote:Does anyone know the voltage and milliampere-hour ratings for the AA batteries?

Standard 1.5 volts. Says so on the batteries in the picture.

I'm curious about the mah as well.

9X

mattjk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattjk

These are the best batteries!!! Last 1.5 times longer than Duracells.

nvgeologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nvgeologist
mattjk wrote:These are the best batteries!!! Last 1.5 times longer than Duracells.

You predicted a Romney landslide, didn't you?

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake

I have to say meh on the price.

ACDelco Maximum Power AA Alkaline Battery 24-Pack for $4.95 quantity 1, and even cheaper if buying greater quantities.

AAA are also available.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Narfcake wrote:I have to say meh on the price.

ACDelco Maximum Power AA Alkaline Battery 24-Pack for $4.95 quantity 1, and even cheaper if buying greater quantities.

AAA are also available.

I dunno. Their shipping is by weight. Shipping 4 packs of AA was $8.50 to me and went up with increased quantity. Ours is $5.00 no matter how many you buy.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

oopsz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oopsz

Reviews from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Delco-Alkaline-Batteries-Recloseable-Pack/product-reviews/B004SCA15K/

I have used these in the past. Capacity isn't as good as say Energizer but hard to complain at the price.

Server is too busy
Service Unavailable

rfonewatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfonewatt

Where is my 100 pack of 9 Volts?

A few of my non-electric smoke detectors smell a conspiracy.

pkphilip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pkphilip

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Why buy disposable batteries when you can get some decent rechargeable for a bit more?

The Sanyo Eneloop batteries are good and last longer than standard NiMH.

Beaconhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beaconhill

Bought batteries from woot once, AA & AAA, thought it was a good deal.
They were DOA ! A $12 lesson learned.
I think they were a japanese brand.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Alkaline chemistry gives 1.5V per cell. They just stack AAAA cells in a 9V battery (the voltage of which is a confusing 9V).
Other people have measured and compared battery capacities, but I haven't found the AC Delco tests yet. I have done a similar test on Rayovac Alkaline D cells; maybe I should get a pack or two of these for testing.

Keep in mind that some batteries are better in high-drain devices and some in low-drain devices.

mxjx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mxjx
CowboyDann wrote:Just a reminder that Toys for tots needs batteries just as much as they need toys. Maybe consider picking up an extra woot to donate

Thanks for the idea on what to do with the AC Delco batteries I got free w/a $10 battery case at a non-Woot.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
pkphilip wrote:Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Why buy disposable batteries when you can get some decent rechargeable for a bit more?

The Sanyo Eneloop batteries are good and last longer than standard NiMH.

There are unfortunately many devices which do not accept the 1.25V of rechargeable batteries and will reject a fully-charged NiMH as being "dead".

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

aotheoverlord

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aotheoverlord

What if I want 100 pack of AA and AAA?

(I have too many kids...)

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
aotheoverlord wrote:What if I want 100 pack of AA and AAA?

(I have too many kids...)

Then select 2 as your quantity. Once you do that, you will then see two pulldowns that allow you to select the type and package quantity of each item.

shadow7118

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadow7118
nvgeologist wrote:You predicted a Romney landslide, didn't you?

lol

cengland0

PocketBrain wrote:Alkaline chemistry gives 1.5V per cell. They just stack AAAA cells in a 9V battery (the voltage of which is a confusing 9V).
Other people have measured and compared battery capacities, but I haven't found the AC Delco tests yet. I have done a similar test on Rayovac Alkaline D cells; maybe I should get a pack or two of these for testing.

Not necessarily true. There are different ways of combining several cells inside a 9V and most of them do not use AAAA cells. Also, those that do use AAAA cells have crimped tabs on them so they are not "standard" AAAA cells.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
cengland0 wrote:Not necessarily true. There are different ways of combining several cells inside a 9V and most of them do not use AAAA cells. Also, those that do use AAAA cells have crimped tabs on them so they are not "standard" AAAA cells.

True, I did not mean to infer that the only way to make an alkaline 9V is stacking AAAA cells, just it is done; the point being that 9V is 6X1.5V alkaline cells. Alternate chemistries may use different combinations, as their electrochemical potentials may be different. I have seen "9V" NiMH cells in 7.2V and 8.4V (6x1.2V and 7x1.2V) values. Also, you said nipples! Most batteries used in a pack have tabs vs. the standard single-cell ends (nipples).n I have seen a 6V lantern cell with 4 standard D-cells and a spacer inside, though. They also make reusable versions of that cell, in which you can replace the D cells.

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384

Are these compatible with 50 shades?

PReed4962

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PReed4962

Does anyone know if the 100pk of AA's comes in the reclosable container, like here? http://www.amazon.com/Delco-Alkaline-Batteries-Recloseable-Pack/dp/B004SCA15K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Or are they just in a cardboard box?

Thanks!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
DaZoneRanger wrote:If you've got a 99 Cents Only Store near you, you can get 4 packs of AAs and AAAs for a buck, so 48 AAs and 24 AAAs would be $18+tax, which is a little bit cheaper than this deal. Plus, they're Sony or Varta brand, which are brands I am more familiar with. Plus, you're not forced to buy more batteries that you might need.

You beat me to it! These are just cheap Chinese cells with a former big name branded on them. Dollar stores have them all the time with other former well-known names such as Sunbeam, etc.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

Much worse deal here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duracell-Duracell-Duracell-Duracell-Alkaline-Batteries-9-Volt-Alkaline-Duracellbattery-243-Mn1604Bkd-9-volt-alkaline-duracellbattery/21068444

cengland0

PocketBrain wrote: I have seen a 6V lantern cell with 4 standard D-cells and a spacer inside, though. They also make reusable versions of that cell, in which you can replace the D cells.

The issue about 6V lantern batteries containing 32 AA or 4 standards D-cells has been a hoax that was debunked by Snopes awhile ago. The lantern batteries do usually contain 4 individual cells wired in series but they are not of a standard size to be used by consumers.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/humor/batteryhack.asp

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
mattjk wrote:These are the best batteries!!! Last 1.5 times longer than Duracells.

That must be a joke. I hope your trolling. Compared to more expensive batteries like duracell these don't stack up. Not to say they aren't good batteries it just depends on what you need them for. Emergency flash light in your car? No. Anything you might ever really NEED to run? No. TV remotes? Yes. Xbox controllers? Yes.

I keep these around the house to use in conrollers and remotes and such and they don't last very long. Remote batteries should last a LONG time but these only last a couple months. Either way, they are cheap and they keep my lazy butt from walking to the tv.

brgh7dc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brgh7dc
PReed4962 wrote:Does anyone know if the 100pk of AA's comes in the reclosable container

I bought these a few months back and they came in the recloseable container.

They work great in the Wii-remotes. My kids go through batteries on those at an amazing pace.

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e

I only use rechargeable AAs and AAAs, but I could use some decent Cs and Ds. Anyone know how these stack up? With the shipping they're pretty close to other low-cost ones at Amazon.

chipmunkofdoom2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipmunkofdoom2

Math time:

100 AA batteries: $23 (shipped)
Cost per battery: $0.23

Quality battery charger (Lacrosse series, for example): $40 (Amazon Prime)
4x AA Rechargeables: $10 (give or take)

Let's say that you can get 100 charges out of a single battery. Many manufacturers say you can get 1000, but I often find that's BS. I don't know a true number but we'll low-ball to illustrate a point and say you'll only get 10% of that. So let's assume you'll get 100 charges per battery. So, you are getting 400 uses (ostensibly batteries) for $50. (You will get more, but again, just for demonstration..)

Cost per battery: $0.13.

I haven't bought batteries in almost 3 years. The next time I do, I'm sure the batteries I buy will last the same amount of time. Plus, since I already have my great Lacrosse charger, my cost per battery will be even lower now that I don't have that initial investment to subsidize. Rechargeable all the way.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

I can buy a 36 pack of AAs at Home Depot (in the store) for about $13; online it's $15 http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Specialty-Batteries-Chargers-Batteries/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc28m/R-100232088/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UJptwWl241E

So if you live near a Home Depot (as I do, even though I live in NYC), you might want to go there for better quality cheap batteries. I basically buy a pack of those every 10 months or so.

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome

My local landfill thanks you for your business woot.

carazzie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carazzie

I feel so EDUCATED this Wednesday morning, on batteries! Cool picture of the 9v - and the advise to get your batteries at the dollar store = GREAT!! As well as the recommendation to donate your purchase to Toys for Tots! Well to add to the last one, the Big Texas Toy Run is coming up December 15th! Lots of donations going on there and batteries could probably be a huge bonus!! Having said all that, I'll buy from the Dollar Store just out of convenience over this Woot! deal. But thanks Woot! for trying, you know your loyal audience, and you probably KNEW this would get picked apart - but nice try. HAPPY HUMP DAY EV1! (AHHH Red Bull in place of coffee is quite effective!)

On a side note - I use rechargeable batteries in my cameras, Wii remotes & balance board, and other often used things that aren't critical. However, I prefer to have name brand nonrechargeables as backup batteries for emergencies - no power = no way to recharge them. ijs. Rechargeables don't last forever and eventually end up in the landfill.

cengland0 wrote:Not necessarily true. There are different ways of combining several cells inside a 9V and most of them do not use AAAA cells. Also, those that do use AAAA cells have crimped tabs on them so they are not "standard" AAAA cells.

joshtheitguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joshtheitguy

If you buy 3 of the 48 pack AA batteries and hook them all up in series you'll get a total of 216 volts!

I don't know why I felt the need to post this.