2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak AA or AAA Alkaline Batteries 72pk
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme

Polaroid yesterday, Kodak today. Must be washed up camera company week at Woot. Anyone have these batteries? Opinions?

Wow- I've never had the first comment before. And I'm a charter member...

sysop073

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sysop073

Two days ago it was

Oh, you still use disposable batteries in ALL your electronic devices? That's terrible. As in, you are a terrible human being.

and now they want us to buy a pack of 72 batteries

t3hbigv

quality posts: 4 Private Messages t3hbigv

Enough batteries to keep your.... toys running for a long time!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sysop073 wrote:Two days ago it was

and now they want us to buy a pack of 72 batteries

Why yes, we do.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

procell11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages procell11

I have these battery's and they do not last, they have a good shelf life but no power compared to Duracell battery's, not worth it.

jikkme wrote:Polaroid yesterday, Kodak today. Must be washed up camera company week at Woot. Anyone have these batteries? Opinions?

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

This is a really good value, the batteries don't hold a significantly smaller charge in comparison to Energizer or Duracell, especially if you're using them in toys and the like. Anything that is gonna eat through the alkaline like a Digital Camera you should have rechargeable's for anyways. Worth it.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

kayabound

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kayabound

Well, I dont post much but I am fairly certain that little icon on the left says I am better than all of you (a bigger sucker is more like it) which means I have bought a crapton of stuff over the years and these are the WORST PURCHASE EVER...my kid uses them in nightlights and they last 2 days...carry on.

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson
t3hbigv wrote:Enough batteries to keep your.... toys running for a long time!

My wife's "toy" requires C batteries but that's another story. It's a hand massager, right WOOT?

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme
doomtothee wrote:This is a really good value, the batteries don't hold a significantly smaller charge in comparison to Energizer or Duracell, especially if you're using them in toys and the like. Anything that is gonna eat through the alkaline like a Digital Camera you should have rechargeable's for anyways. Worth it.

At this price point, my opinion would be that if they last longer than 1/2 the life of Duracell's or Energizer's, this is a good deal. I can't imagine they wouldn't perform better than that. I'm going to sleep on it but I think I'm in for 1 or 2 tomorrow morning... er, later this morning.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
haveabigjohnson wrote:My wife's "toy" requires C batteries but that's another story.

My girlfriend's is diesel and has a pull-start.

Seriously though, You might want to buy one extra to donate to toys for tots. They seem to have no problem gathering the toys but people forget they need to be powered by something.

SolaraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolaraGuy

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Alkaline-Batteries-AA-24/dp/B0018BO7UE

Assuming you have Amazon Prime, it's like buying 2 and getting 1 free.

Reviews are half good and half bad so it's a gamble.

Here's the link to the one back in August of this year: http://www.woot.com/offers/kodak-xtralife-alkaline-batteries-72pk

onic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages onic

Dear Woot,

I have decided to donate three (3) packs of AA batteries to your employees. I noticed the abundant crappy deals today and decided they might need these more than I do. I suggest splitting the batteries up between the personal floor heaters and battery backups for the servers so you can try to sell one more vacuum before they have to sell the servers.

Merry Christmas,

Onic

pinballace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinballace

Tried every combination possible and won't take the order. Suck this, I'm going to bed.

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear

That's a truly great idea, that you for suggesting that.

CowboyDann wrote:My girlfriend's is diesel and has a pull-start.

Seriously though, You might want to buy one extra to donate to toys for tots. They seem to have no problem gathering the toys but people forget they need to be powered by something.

ThunderThighs

Staff

onic wrote:Dear Woot,

I have decided to donate three (3) packs of AA batteries to your employees. I noticed the abundant crappy deals today and decided they might need these more than I do. I suggest splitting the batteries up between the personal floor heaters and battery backups for the servers so you can try to sell one more vacuum before they have to sell the servers.

Merry Christmas,

Onic

Awwwwwwww, you're so sweet! Thank you!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
flamespear wrote:That's a truly great idea, that you for suggesting that.

No problem, I'll admit she was a little turned off by the thing being diesel powered and the smell it made. She was also a little embarrassed at first and it took her about a month before she even gave it a ride! I'll tell you what though, once she saw how much power it had there was no turning back.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
CowboyDann wrote:My girlfriend's is diesel and has a pull-start.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

thumperchick

quality posts: 210 Private Messages thumperchick
CowboyDann wrote:No problem, I'll admit she was a little turned off by the thing being diesel powered and the smell it made. She was also a little embarrassed at first and it took her about a month before she even gave it a ride! I'll tell you what though, once she saw how much power it had there was no turning back.

I think a part of me actually just died from laughter.

sdilullo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sdilullo
jikkme wrote:Polaroid yesterday, Kodak today. Must be washed up camera company week at Woot. Anyone have these batteries? Opinions?

I bought these back over the summer. Definitely quality batteries for the price.

I can't find the link now but someone back then posted a review showing these were one of the best deals (price/performance) out there, irrespective of the Woot pricing, if I recall correctly.

Last time, they were packaged in 24pks (like this) but it seems as though they'll all be in one box this time around?

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 237
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

leoharper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages leoharper

hcsencsi

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hcsencsi

Being from the northeast and having no power for several days thanks to Sandy, a cache of extra batteries is completely worth it, even if they only last a day or so.

Booger Face

ThunderThighs

Staff

pinballace wrote:Tried every combination possible and won't take the order. Suck this, I'm going to bed.

If you tell me what's happening, I'll be glad to help.

leoharper

I've used Kodak Alkaline batteries many times and they last just as long as the expensive boys, but waaaaaay less expensive. Just be careful not to buy the Kodak "Heavy Duty" (carbon zinc based) batteries if you're using in any High Drain devices. Made that mistake before and paid for it! ...but the Kodak ALKALINE continue to be a great Value in my experiences!

leoharper

procell11 wrote:I have these battery's and they do not last, they have a good shelf life but no power compared to Duracell battery's, not worth it.

Hmmmm. Are you sure you have Kodak "Alkaline" batteries versus Kodak "Heavy Duty" (Carbon Zinc based) batteries? I've had trouble using "Heavy Duty" batteries (not just Kodak) in High Drain devices, but have always had great results with Kodak "Alkaline" batteries like these lasting just as long as Duracell, but for far less $. ...but that's just me! :-)

Spawne32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spawne32

Had 3 of these blow up in flashlights and ruined the flashlight. Wont ever use kodak brand batteries again.

judyneric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judyneric

Hmmm.... 72 batteries, installed thoughout the body in phsycially beneficial spaces to joint and muscle fiber.... weigt / distance + natual strength + total battery power...

Yeah, I think I could walk for 3 full weeks without stopping. HOT!

maverick3837

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maverick3837

I bought these the last time they were offered on here and for the price, why the hell not! No, they do not seem to last as long as Duracell or Energizer, but they also do not go dead five minutes after using them either. With as many as you get for the price, you'll have plenty of them to grab to fire up the Christmas toys when they do go dead!

leoharper

Spawne32 wrote:Had 3 of these blow up in flashlights and ruined the flashlight. Wont ever use kodak brand batteries again.

Hate to keep harping on it, but are you sure they were Kodak "Alkaline" batteries .. or were they "Heavy Duty" Batteries. ...cause the "Heavy Duty" batteries (no matter which brand!) sound stronger, but aren't nearly as long lasting or high quality as any "Alkaline" battery such as these.

leoharper

sdilullo wrote:I bought these back over the summer. Definitely quality batteries for the price.

I can't find the link now but someone back then posted a review showing these were one of the best deals (price/performance) out there, irrespective of the Woot pricing, if I recall correctly.

Last time, they were packaged in 24pks (like this) but it seems as though they'll all be in one box this time around?

A Battery Throwdown! Ladieeeees & Gentlemeeeen...and the winner, by unanimous decision (according to this independent test) is...Kodak Alkaliiiiine! Check out 3rd party testing at http://hackaday.com/2012/09/14/testing-30-brands-of-batteries/ ...AND ALSO AT... http://www.batteryshowdown.com/

qwertyzap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyzap

I just order a 48 pack of Maxell AA batteries from Amazon today for $12.01. With free shipping courtesy of Prime and California sales tax, that comes out to $0.27 (rounded up) per battery. This deal with tax and shipping for a single pack of 72 is $0.29 per battery. If you buy the limit of 3 it comes out to $0.25 per battery. Unfortunately, barring an unexpected addiction to sex toys, I don't think I'll need to use anywhere close to 216 batteries anytime soon, so the Amazon deal being a Prime member is the better deal for me.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

Rechargeable NiMH is better for high drain devices like bright flash lights, computerized devices.

Alkaline voltage droops with high load, NiMH doesn't as much and NiMH has a better voltage vs charge % curve.

But these sure are inexpensive

P.S.@ around 2 post above, yeah "Heavy Duty" = Zinc Carbon battery = total crap, it's really "light duty"

radodge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radodge

Been using these 3 weeks in our game cameras that are in the field 24/7 & they're still taking pics. So they can't be all bad.

NewYork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NewYork
SolaraGuy wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Alkaline-Batteries-AA-24/dp/B0018BO7UE

Assuming you have Amazon Prime, it's like buying 2 and getting 1 free.

Reviews are half good and half bad so it's a gamble.

The good reviews are old, the bad ones are new. Not a good sign. I suspect that these are made in China, by some outfit whose primary investment was in buying the rights to slap "Kodak" on them.

New York NY

kschoenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kschoenberg

Are you supposed to take these on an empty stomach? Can you eat grapefruit after?

Seriously, this is a great donation to any orphanage/Toys for Tots program if you're so inclined.

ultrawolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ultrawolf

A little better deal for a little more mainstream brand: I just bought a couple of Rayovac 48 packs (24 AA, 24 AAA) from Home Depot for $7.88.

Search Home Depot for item # 203458739.

They're out of stock on line now, but some stores still have stock for pickup.

ultrawolf

TheSozios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheSozios

It appears they are made in China. No thanks.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy
TheSozios wrote:It appears they are made in China. No thanks.

Which consumer grade alkaline batteries are NOT made in China or India ?

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

Consumer Reports results summarized at http://www.ksla.com/story/5631320/consumer-alert-finding-the-best-battery-bargains?clienttype=printable

Powering everything from digital cameras and portable music players to laser tools and even tape measures, it's no wonder we spend over four-billion dollars a year on batteries. But how do you know what's the best battery for your needs?

Consumer Reports just ran tests on 16 different disposable double-A batteries, including ones from Duracell, Panasonic, and Energizer. There were four types in all - lithium, premium alkaline, regular alkaline, and nickel oxy-hydroxide.

Tests evaluated the battery life in high-drain devices, like a digital camera, and medium-drain devices such as a CD player.

"Our tests showed big differences in battery performance depending on what's being powered. So it really makes sense when you're buying disposable batteries to have a specific device in mind,"said one expert, Kim Kleman.

The best battery for a digital camera turned out to be the Energizer e-2 Lithium, which easily outperformed the Duracell Power Pix and Panasonic Oxyride batteries. At two-dollars-and-35-cents a piece, the Energizer was the most expensive battery tested. But considering the e-2 ran three to seven times longer than the batteries tested - Consumer Reports says it's worth the extra cost.

"But when it comes to devices that don't need a lot of power - you don't need to buy expensive batteries, just buy the cheapest highly rated alkaline you can find," says Kleman.

Consumer Reports tests found the Kirkland Signature double-A battery from Costco performed very well and goes for about 20-cents a piece.