3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
VIZIO TVs Are Abound Tonight...
$269.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

spk1321

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spk1321

Anyone know if the 47" has 2D to 3D conversion? Not having it would be a dealbreaker for me on any 3D tv.

ryanalls1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanalls1

Could these practically be used as PC monitors?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Good reviews on the E371VL over at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262147

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

The amazon reviews of the 47" 3d model are mostly positive as well, but quick to point out that the native Netflix app doesn't seem to work on it.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
ryanalls1 wrote:Could these practically be used as PC monitors?

Depends how practical having that large of a monitor is, but yes. Any LED can be used as a computer monitor so long as you have the ability to connect to it (most video cards have HDMI out at this point so I'd say you're good).

EDIT TO ADD: note that 1080p, while excellent for tv, is somewhat low to mid resolution for modern computing. That said, it won't be terrible, just not as crisp as a monitor.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I have a 32" Vizio that I LOVE. It makes me a little dizzy to use it as a computer monitor for web browsing or writing emails/papers. However, it's fantastic with streaming video over the computer via HDMI and handles the audio really well.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
greyday wrote:
EDIT TO ADD: note that 1080p, while excellent for tv, is somewhat low to mid resolution for modern computing. That said, it won't be terrible, just not as crisp as a monitor.

Actually, it should be just as crisp. Just not as much onscreen as a monitor with more lines. If it comes up fuzzy at all, that is probably a problem with the settings in the PC.

Hirshy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hirshy
greyday wrote:The amazon reviews of the 47" 3d model are mostly positive as well, but quick to point out that the native Netflix app doesn't seem to work on it.

According to an Amazon review, the native netflix app issue was addressed recently:
Update 1/15/2013

"Still very pleased with my TV! Turned it on this morning and received a notice that the firmware had been updated. I can confirm that it appears they have finally resolved the Netflix issues as mine is working flawlessly now. Big thanks to everyone who escalated that problem to Vizio support and stayed on top of it! Prooves they ARE listening!"

chado006

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006
spk1321 wrote:Anyone know if the 47" has 2D to 3D conversion? Not having it would be a dealbreaker for me on any 3D tv.

Yes, it does have 2D to 3D conversion but I could never get it to work right. It pretty much just made it so you had double vision.

I bought the 55" version and ended up sending it back and finding the older version without the "E" on the end of model number.

Instead of me copying my whole review from Amazon, here's the link. Mine is the second in the most helpful reviews.

The only thing that my review is missing is that Vizio finally did a firmware update that fixed Netflix.

Looks like this as a $250 savings from the Amazon price. So not bad at all. If you're on a budget, I'd have no worries in buying this one. If you want to buy new though, I'd go with the older version for $50 less than the new on Amazon.

phpeters87

quality posts: 8 Private Messages phpeters87

I purchased a refurbished 42" Vizio SV420XVT1 1080P/120Hz TV about 4 years ago and have never had an issue with it and the pic still looks great, even when compared to the new Vizio TV's at Costco.

I've read that Vizio uses LG panels in their TV's.

I plan to own this TV for another 4+ years depending on technology advancements and prices.

Eventually, I will upgrade and give my current Vizio TV to a WW2 Vet on a fixed income that lives nearby.

rhodelle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rhodelle

I've had the m370sl for nearly a year now (the 37" version of the m420sl available here). I think the Netflix app on this Vizio is amazing. What's especially great about it is that you can browse through entire seasons of TV shows, season by season instead of one at a time. It's also nice that browsing is all done within one screen (ie. it doesn't need to load a new page whenever you want to see the details of another movie/show/episode). I wish every Netflix device I have would have the same layout as this one. This trumps my Roku, Wii, 360, iPhone and PC! I've held off buying a blu-ray player for that reason and I'm hoping Vizio steps their game up a bit more on the quality of their players.

There were concerns on both Amazon and Costco about the sound on these and at least with my m370sl, I have not heard any of the tinny sound that they're complaining about. The speakers are fine for my fairly large bedroom and seriously, if you want big sound and a thin, power-sipping LED tv at this price with all these features, you're better off buying and mounting a soundbar. One reviewer ended up happy with a Sony Bravia because of its sound, but I bet it costed more than the TV + a soundbar and it wouldn't have the awesome apps!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

I purchased the 47 inch Vizio Smart Tv . with 3D and 2 pair of glasses brand new at that W store for 568.00 . So this aint much of a deal here. The Vizio that I Got is a Smart Tv with Wifi , Netflix , Pandora etc all built in too . all for 568.00. I love it . Now I got to keep the Guys away from it come Superbowl day lol. Hmmm I got my woot Skillet here for that Prob. Oh Wait don't want to dent that lol. Will just hide the beer ;) lol.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

The price has changed. I just bought this tv NEW from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0096YOQDS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It is $660 now.

chado006 wrote:Yes, it does have 2D to 3D conversion but I could never get it to work right. It pretty much just made it so you had double vision.

I bought the 55" version and ended up sending it back and finding the older version without the "E" on the end of model number.

Instead of me copying my whole review from Amazon, here's the link. Mine is the second in the most helpful reviews.

The only thing that my review is missing is that Vizio finally did a firmware update that fixed Netflix.

Looks like this as a $250 savings from the Amazon price. So not bad at all. If you're on a budget, I'd have no worries in buying this one. If you want to buy new though, I'd go with the older version for $50 less than the new on Amazon.

RicOlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RicOlie

Now I kind of have buyer's remorse about springing for the LG tv that was on here two days ago. The 47" Vizio seems like a bit of a better deal, what with it being a smart 3D tv, despite being $100 more expensive. Argh.

joeythearm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeythearm

Absolutely. I use one as my monitor. browsing the internet is much nice, and gaming is amazing!!

jay1296

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jay1296

Hey........ WOOT GUYS!!!! when are you gonna sell some 55 or 60 TV's??????????

bpgjag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpgjag

I see this comes with the 90 day woot warranty, but when you buy refurb, does it still have one year manufacturer's warranty?

ctapley99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctapley99
Denimbear wrote:I purchased the 47 inch Vizio Smart Tv . with 3D and 2 pair of glasses brand new at that W store for 568.00 . So this aint much of a deal here. The Vizio that I Got is a Smart Tv with Wifi , Netflix , Pandora etc all built in too . all for 568.00. I love it . Now I got to keep the Guys away from it come Superbowl day lol. Hmmm I got my woot Skillet here for that Prob. Oh Wait don't want to dent that lol. Will just hide the beer ;) lol.

Just to avoid confusion, did you purchase an M model at this price or (more likely) the E model? The E is less expensive than this one being offered on Woot...

jagarrou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jagarrou
phpeters87 wrote:I plan to own this TV for another 4+ years depending on technology advancements and prices.

Eventually, I will upgrade and give my current Vizio TV to a WW2 Vet on a fixed income that lives nearby.

Umm, in four more years that Vet will be about 112 years old. It's your call. We could all chip in and buy him a Woot today. :-)

angelwings8636

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelwings8636

$549.99 is actually not a great price for this TV. I found the same one at Sam's new for $648.99 and it comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. If they were selling it for the $269.99 like we thought they were until we clicked on it to buy it (then it shows $549.99) then it would be worth it. Sorry Wooters NOT a good deal on this one.

everett0123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everett0123
phpeters87 wrote:I purchased a refurbished 42" Vizio SV420XVT1 1080P/120Hz TV about 4 years ago and have never had an issue with it and the pic still looks great, even when compared to the new Vizio TV's at Costco.

I've read that Vizio uses LG panels in their TV's.

I plan to own this TV for another 4+ years depending on technology advancements and prices.

Jeez get him one NOW!!! WW2

Tatts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tatts
RicOlie wrote:Now I kind of have buyer's remorse about springing for the LG tv that was on here two days ago. The 47" Vizio seems like a bit of a better deal, what with it being a smart 3D tv, despite being $100 more expensive. Argh.

Don't beat yourself up (at least about the smart TV part). I just bought a Samsung smart TV a couple of months ago. I wouldn't buy a smart TV again, though.

It streams wirelessly just fine (Amazon video service, Hulu. Netflix, etc.), hooked up to our wifi easily, and has lots of apps. But the apps are mostly useless and limiting (lots of kids' stuff, family sharing photo stuff, etc.) and many apps are just front ends for pay services, the web browser is really yucky, navigation is awkward, the processor is slow, etc. You spend extra money, but you're locked into that company's proprietary environment with a nonstandard operating system.

Want to check weather? There's a Weather Channel app, but I like www.weatherunderground.com much better, so I have to use the awful browser.

Save the money, repurpose an old computer and run real browsers and real apps for video streaming services, etc. I would not buy another smart TV.

darex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darex
rhodelle wrote:I've had the m370sl for nearly a year now (the 37" version of the m420sl available here).

There were concerns on both Amazon and Costco about the sound on these and at least with my m370sl, I have not heard any of the tinny sound that they're complaining about. The speakers are fine for my fairly large bedroom and seriously, if you want big sound and a thin, power-sipping LED tv at this price with all these features, you're better off buying and mounting a soundbar. One reviewer ended up happy with a Sony Bravia because of its sound, but I bet it costed more than the TV + a soundbar and it wouldn't have the awesome apps!

I have the same set, and I agree it's quite excellent in every way. However, I've had 2 or 3 instances of glitches that have me concerned: Ever happen that the TV won't turn off, such that you have to unplug it?

I've read of several people with power-supply issues/bugs.

I've only had mine since September, and I want to believe it will last me for years, but now I'm a bit less confident in recommending it as a worthy Samsung 6100-series alternative, like I thought it was.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

•SRS StudioSound HD™ delivers immersive surround sound, deep bass, clear dialog and level volume

Disable all of this junk and it sounds great, especially with a decent sound bar or computer speakers.
I bought 2 similar Vizios from Woot in the past (see my tagline) and would buy another if I needed another one.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

I bought the same refurb 37" here on 12/5/11. It's been perfect, no issues. It makes me wonder what the problem is that there are still so many of these refurbs for sale over a year later.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

Verwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Verwood

Again, Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer's warranty beyond the 90 day Woot warranty? Thanks.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Verwood wrote:Again, Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer's warranty beyond the 90 day Woot warranty? Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Our various Vizio sales often have different warranty periods. The most common for refurbs or new is 1 Year Vizio. However, it appears that today's sale only offers Woot's 90 Day Limited Warranty.

Drakton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Drakton

Which glasses come with the 47" model? The Vizio site lists more than one model of glasses. It looks like one of the models support "prescription lenses" (glasses). IMO they should all support that.

At any rate, I will be very upset if the included glasses don't fit. My wife and I both wear glasses. If I have to turn right around and have to find where to buy glasses which fit (and then have to wait again for THOSE to arrive), I'ma be pissed. You should discount the price for my inconveniece, if this is the case.

Why didn't you put the information about the glasses in the product details Woot?!

babygirl1052

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babygirl1052

Yes I have a 32 inch I've been using the graphics are awesome👍

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I have 2 Vizio flatscreens and have had a Vizio laptop. Really well made. I can tell a difference between the Vizio and other brands. Both TVs refurbs from Woot and I'm very satisfied with them. I will stick with this brand for flatscreens in the future.

squeeze4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squeeze4

For $50 more you can get a brand new one online at bestbuy.com with free shipping! That will give you a longer warranty.

Listen2Reason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Listen2Reason

Wait, is that a Sausage reference?

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA

Fry's is selling an LG 42" 3D LED TV for $379 today. It's only 60 Hz, but anything more than 60 Hz is interpolated anyway.

http://www.frys.com/product/7506206?site=sa:adpages%20page:P1_FRI%20date:012513

I have the LG 47G2 3D Google TV and like it.

pbtommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtommy

I use a 31" 'TV' as a computer monitor. Best computer move I've made. I think a 47" would only be better.

Harryc8786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Harryc8786

Buyer beware. I bought a 420VT Refurb less than a year ago. The first 90-days were great and I thought I got a bargain. Then after around 6 months of ownership, the TV volume would turn down randomly and continue to do so.

I worked Vizio Support and they were no real help. The multiple calls had me repeating the story and I'm a tech savvy person and told them the things I tried to fix the issue. After a few hours over multiple calls, I was finally told I'm out of the 90-day warranty.

I paid a local shop $20 to look at it and test some of the hardware. They came back and said that the issue is in the "Main board" which is a $200 part and another $200 give or take to fix. I am buying a new TV and that's where I'm at today. Do yourself a favor and if you buy a refurb from Vizio look into an extended warranty.

I'll save this TV for later and turn off the built-in speakers when I end up buying a surround sound receiver.

chado006

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006
Drakton wrote:Which glasses come with the 47" model? The Vizio site lists more than one model of glasses. It looks like one of the models support "prescription lenses" (glasses). IMO they should all support that.

At any rate, I will be very upset if the included glasses don't fit. My wife and I both wear glasses. If I have to turn right around and have to find where to buy glasses which fit (and then have to wait again for THOSE to arrive), I'ma be pissed. You should discount the price for my inconveniece, if this is the case.

Why didn't you put the information about the glasses in the product details Woot?!

They won't fit over your glasses. They're the throw away Roy Orbison type like a lot of the movie theaters have. Actually, just ordered a few of those sets since my theater has the better ones that they don't let you take.

roseannecampagna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roseannecampagna

What about the extended warranties?