zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Yeah...GO KANSAS!

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Oh man....now you are really tempting me! Fortunately I still have a great 10.1 first gen and love it!

dpostman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dpostman

toto you are in kansas!

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme

Buy it, it has Wi-Fi

dreweasland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dreweasland

if i didn't have such horrible luck with refurbed tablets i'd jump ALL over this

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Awesome tablet! Got a couple weeks ago when up... typing this on it! Best and fastest tablet ever, quad core!

bravo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bravo

But I already ordered the Galaxy tab 10 today and the Galaxy tab 7 yesterday...woot, stop it!

darkomandic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkomandic
dreweasland wrote:if i didn't have such horrible luck with refurbed tablets i'd jump ALL over this

me too, every and each one of them except HP Touchpad

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

Tempting but just to expensive.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

dpostman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dpostman

will this work on top of my typewriter?

jimmyjayjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmyjayjr

I have 1 luv it , cost 5 hundred
Good deal

andyskitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyskitty

I'm holding out for a Galaxy Player 5.0

anyway a LOT of tablets today

sellbuyer92

dpostman wrote:will this work on top of my typewriter?

Do you mean using your typewriter as a stand for it? SURE.

jem1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jem1981

of all these tablets being posted..is the best one so far the samsung that was posted early yesterday?? i think it was operating on some honeycomb thing..it sold out fast. i'm wondering if that was the best deal incase I see it again. when will woot stop these deals?? i'm attached to my computer and refresh button

webgenie

dreweasland wrote:if i didn't have such horrible luck with refurbed tablets i'd jump ALL over this

Mine is refurb...had it for over a year with zero problems...Jump!

webgenie

and better than mine this will have the Smart card slot for memory expansion. I have to use a seperate doohickey to do that with mine.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

What makes this an outstanding tablet (I have one) is the stylus. If you are looking for a product where you can be productive at work - true multitasking, handwritten notes, handwriting-to-text transcription - then this is your product. I paid full price ($550) for this in October and do not regret one penny. Happily sold a 1st gen iPad and a standard Galaxy Tab (10.1) after buying this. LOVE!!!!

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81
webgenie wrote:and better than mine this will have the Smart card slot for memory expansion. I have to use a seperate doohickey to do that with mine.

I believe you mean microSD card slot. A smart card slot would be a much different thing. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question332.htm

dpowderhound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpowderhound

Can anyone confirm if this has 2gb of ram?

webgenie

karisk81 wrote:I believe you mean microSD card slot. A smart card slot would be a much different thing. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question332.htm

Yes...my mistake...

ILGal

Yes - it does.

dpowderhound wrote:Can anyone confirm if this has 2gb of ram?

ILGal

A couple of YouTube vids to see the Note in action:

Showing features of the Premium Suite tools that come with the Jelly Bean update

Student showing how she takes notes in class using this device. Browse her channel for other Note-in-Action videos

sellbuyer92

nerv2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerv2112

Do these come with photoshop touch pre installed?

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

$415 with free prime 2 day shipping at Amazon

webgenie

Woot seems to have tapped us all out...woots not moving very fast..

ILGal

Yes, and Polaris Office, and Peel (gives the ability to use your device as a universal remote).

nerv2112 wrote:Do these come with photoshop touch pre installed?

dmbrunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmbrunn

Is everyone sure this is the newest generation?

Anyone have input on the pros and cons of 7" vs 10.1"?

I have a killer Asus i7 14" laptop...would this be redundant?

webbspinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webbspinner

I would love one of these tablets, I just can't afford it now. An amazing artist I-Wei Huang uses one and has reviewed it and has some tips & tricks on his blog.
http://crabfuartworks.blogspot.com/search/label/galaxy%20note%2010.1?m=0

ILGal

The 7" does not have the stylus. Big difference IMO.

It will likely have Ice Cream Sandwich installed when shipped, but the (free) upgrade for Jelly Bean is out for the US now and it's an easy (and worthwhile) upgrade. Then your tablet is as current as one in the store - more so because it is updated.

I have a laptop I love, too, but this is awesome for other reasons - note taking, reading and marking up PDF files, quick access to calendar & email. I can carry this around all day - not so with a laptop.

Different devices. Nice to round out your arsenal of technology toys. :-)

dmbrunn wrote:Is everyone sure this is the newest generation?

Anyone have input on the pros and cons of 7" vs 10.1"?

I have a killer Asus i7 14" laptop...would this be redundant?

scotttampa

dpostman wrote:will this work on top of my typewriter?

Yes... and it will work on top of your roof! You can also stand on top of your toilet and it will still work! This thing just keeps on truckin.... on top of anything...

dmbrunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmbrunn
ILGal wrote:The 7" does not have the stylus. Big difference IMO.

It will likely have Ice Cream Sandwich installed when shipped, but the (free) upgrade for Jelly Bean is out for the US now and it's an easy (and worthwhile) upgrade. Then your tablet is as current as one in the store - more so because it is updated.

I have a laptop I love, too, but this is awesome for other reasons - note taking, reading and marking up PDF files, quick access to calendar & email. I can carry this around all day - not so with a laptop.

Different devices. Nice to round out your arsenal of technology toys. :-)

I appreciate the feedback. I am considering this versus a Google or Asus Nexus 7. The price of the smaller one and it's extra portability seem nice, but the stylus and size of this seem awesome too.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

scotttampa

jem1981 wrote:of all these tablets being posted..is the best one so far the samsung that was posted early yesterday?? i think it was operating on some honeycomb thing..it sold out fast. i'm wondering if that was the best deal incase I see it again. when will woot stop these deals?? i'm attached to my computer and refresh button

At midnight central time...

ILGal

Also...if this is the same case that shipped with it when it was up for sale earlier in February, the case is probably too small for the tablet (look at the dimensions for each, presented here). You can read through the comments from February 4 Woot. Some Wooters suggested that maybe the case was designed for the (slightly smaller) Galaxy Tab, not this Note.

webgenie

dmbrunn wrote:I appreciate the feedback. I am considering this versus a Google or Asus Nexus 7. The price of the smaller one and it's extra portability seem nice, but the stylus and size of this seem awesome too.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

I would get this....if I were in the market. Seriously, it is a awesome machine..for me I like being able to see what I type and I am older so I like the slightly bigger screen. I have a smart phone for down and dirty...but to have a computer at my fingertips...I like a 10.1 size

ILGal

I believe that the Nexus 7 does not have the Micro SD slot (a Google search can likely verify). If expandable storage is important to you, that factor could be a deal breaker. This Note does have a MicroSD slot.

dmbrunn wrote:I appreciate the feedback. I am considering this versus a Google or Asus Nexus 7. The price of the smaller one and it's extra portability seem nice, but the stylus and size of this seem awesome too.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

scotttampa

ILGal wrote:Also...if this is the same case that shipped with it when it was up for sale earlier in February, the case is probably too small for the tablet (look at the dimensions for each, presented here). You can read through the comments from February 4 Woot. Some Wooters suggested that maybe the case was designed for the (slightly smaller) Galaxy Tab, not this Note.

Mine fit... barely... had to squeeze ends of case, mold it...

webgenie

ILGal wrote:I believe that the Nexus 7 does not have the Micro SD slot (a Google search can likely verify). If expandable storage is important to you, that factor could be a deal breaker. This Note does have a MicroSD slot.

and to me...who doesn't have the microSD slot....it makes a difference. You can share your media. I can do it but it takes jumping through an extra hoop that is slightly annoying.

glb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glb

I am using my 10.1 note now and I love it...not a bad price paid 449.00 for a new one when BB..had it on sale.....a great purchase