2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

$130 on amazon. with excellent reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Waring-WMR300-Belgian-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B005Z1FUAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362549704&sr=8-1&keywords=Waring+WMR300

I always did like yardsales.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootmeharder

In for one...now I can pretend I'm staying at a Best Western every morning!!

kexline

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kexline

I have one. These things will help you make friends and influence people. Of course, you have to convince them to be at your place for breakfast, but really, once that's done, this machine will handle the rest.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

WAIT! An omelet AND a waffle? At... the same... time?!?!?!?

*faints*

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan

Perfect for you guys that like the women to spend the entire night.

chryscrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chryscrazy

69.99 at macy's

dear lord I can't do math. cents cheaper at macy's with shipping.

chrystal turner

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

I have a similar version the one that makes two waffles at the same time, good product but I wish the grids were removable for easy washing, I assume this is a similar non-removable design.

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) over at Chefscatalog.com

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

$75 used free 2 day prime shipping at the mother site

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tkebidder wrote:$75 used free 2 day prime shipping at the mother site

Used? That's like buying someone else's undergarments...that...okay..make waffles

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
chryscrazy wrote:69.99 at macy's

dear lord I can't do math. cents cheaper at macy's with shipping.

do you have a link? the ones I'm seeing at that price are different models.

I always did like yardsales.

Kankennon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kankennon

Yeah, but does it make Waffelets or Omffles? That's what's most important.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
tkebidder wrote:$75 used free 2 day prime shipping at the mother site

And you shouldn't factor in Prime, because not everyone pays the $80 for "free" shipping.

Why don't people check other sites, too? It's hardly like Amazon is always the cheapest.

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

This looks tempting. I have a similar model that only makes the waffles but it's a pain in the ass to clean because the plates are not removable. Based on the pictures it looks like the plates are removable in this one.

Update: Ugh, never mind, after studying the photos more closely, one side is for omelets and the other for waffles.

whatdafudge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatdafudge

I too have the 2 waffle version. Does a great job. Haven't bought eggos since.

I saw a guy put turkey stuffing in the same one on Diners Drive-ins and Dives once and tried it. It was a hit at our last thanksgiving.

Definitely worth the buy.

nrosenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrosenberg

I have both the single-waffle version of this (refurb bought at Woot many moons ago), as well as the double-waffle version (refurb bought at another deal-a-day site), and with the two of them I've done waffles for 48 people.

I have no idea how well the omelet side works, but overall they make a decent product, and I love the waffles that come off those irons.

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

Curse my wife and her love for pancakes!

clutterbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clutterbug
ROGETRAY wrote:Used? That's like buying someone else's undergarments...that...okay..make waffles

No, silly wabbit! $75. period.
Then, [I] used free 2-day Prime shipping at the Mother site. Not $75 used!! ;-D

I wonder how long it takes to warm up. Gonna look that up!

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

We looked at the WMR300 Belgian Waffle/Omelet Maker and really like the live demonstration at XYZ store, but decided to get the WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker instead, since we don't eat omelets as much as waffles. Making 2 waffles at a time means we eat together at the same time. And, we make white flour and wheat flour waffles, which are an inch thick. Plus, there are plenty of options besides using just syrups. Some are: Chicken and waffles, creamed chipped beef on waffles, and waffles with ice cream, to name a few.

The Waring Pro Waffle Makers are easy to use, but it takes some trial and error to get the right amount poured into each waffle plate. Clean-up is pretty easy, unless batter gets around the handle inset. The timer can be set to whatever doneness you prefer, but both waffles come out the same, so both of you had better like the same brownness. And, the included "on/off" toggle switch, two LED indicator lights for "heating" and "ready", with three audio beep tones are darned handy.

Finally: These are great waffle makers, and the WMR300 being sold on Woot at $84.99 shipped is an excellent deal! If we needed another waffle maker, I'd buy this one as a second waffle maker just to have the omelet option on occasion.

MisterRon

XrayAnime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XrayAnime

it looks like you can put in pancake mix in the omelet section and make a thick pancake.

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

I'm sorry but this has nothing on WaffleBot.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Lassik wrote:I'm sorry but this has nothing on WaffleBot.

You could just buy a Roomba and then mount today's Wafflemaker on top of it? That would be similar? Right?!

clutterbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clutterbug

It takes 6 minutes for it to heat up:
The waffle/omelet maker will now begin the preheating process. This should take approximately six minutes. When the waffle/omelet maker is ready for baking, the green indicator light located on the omelet cover of the unit will light, and the waffle/omelet maker will sound six beeps.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

I bought one of these from Sam's club for this same price. I returned it after three failed attempts to make waffles that did not stick. Didn't matter whether I used butter, oil, or spray. Stick, stick, and stick.

Not very practical for a family. For everyone to get waffles, you need both sides working toward that end. Even with both sides going, you still need to put finished ones in the oven or all but one gets cold waffles.

This seems too thick to be considered an omelette. It would be hard to get it done through. Seems more like quiche. Not sure how often you'd serve omelettes and waffles both. We usually have one or the other.

Pass -- several times over.

jollyrajr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jollyrajr

I have an old woot refurb (r0x0rz) of the single Wafflemaker from Waring and it works great.. EXCEPT, dang.. I was eating two waffles plus syrup every day for breakfast.. I'd make 'em on Sunday and freeze them for the week.. Until I did the math and realized before syrup I was committing myself to 900 calories (450 a pop..).. YIKES. So, the question of the hour is, does anyone have any good low calo.. I can't believe I'm typing that.. But, yeah.. Any reasonably healthy waffle type things?

Also, I don't recommend the cookie dough in a waffle iron trick.. It didn't work for me (despite prodigious amounts of non-stick Pam spray..) and I was digging out cookie bits for a week.. urgh.

MisterRon

bnbsouthworth wrote:I bought one of these from Sam's club for this same price. I returned it after three failed attempts to make waffles that did not stick. Didn't matter whether I used butter, oil, or spray. Stick, stick, and stick.

Not very practical for a family. For everyone to get waffles, you need both sides working toward that end. Even with both sides going, you still need to put finished ones in the oven or all but one gets cold waffles.

This seems too thick to be considered an omelette. It would be hard to get it done through. Seems more like quiche. Not sure how often you'd serve omelettes and waffles both. We usually have one or the other.

Pass -- several times over.

We've had no problems with our double waffle maker at all (not the waffle/omelet maker) in the 3 months we've had it. We spray the plates every third use while they're heating up, and waffles don't stick. We even got a lifetime warranty with ours from the store, not the manufacturer.

MisterRon

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
jollyrajr wrote:I have an old woot refurb (r0x0rz) of the single Wafflemaker from Waring and it works great.. EXCEPT, dang.. I was eating two waffles plus syrup every day for breakfast.. I'd make 'em on Sunday and freeze them for the week.. Until I did the math and realized before syrup I was committing myself to 900 calories (450 a pop..).. YIKES. So, the question of the hour is, does anyone have any good low calo.. I can't believe I'm typing that.. But, yeah.. Any reasonably healthy waffle type things?

Also, I don't recommend the cookie dough in a waffle iron trick.. It didn't work for me (despite prodigious amounts of non-stick Pam spray..) and I was digging out cookie bits for a week.. urgh.

real quick:
product page
http://www.waringpro.com/catalog.php?pcID=143&product_id=527
w/manual
http://www.waringpro.com/catalog.php?pcID=143&product_id=527&ib=1

and you can see if anyone vouches for the selection of possible low fat waffle recipes through a google search like this:
http://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-healthy-waffles-low-fat-446802

MisterRon

jollyrajr wrote:I have an old woot refurb (r0x0rz) of the single Wafflemaker from Waring and it works great.. EXCEPT, dang.. I was eating two waffles plus syrup every day for breakfast.. I'd make 'em on Sunday and freeze them for the week.. Until I did the math and realized before syrup I was committing myself to 900 calories (450 a pop..).. YIKES. So, the question of the hour is, does anyone have any good low calo.. I can't believe I'm typing that.. But, yeah.. Any reasonably healthy waffle type things?

Try this site:
http://cookeatshare.com/popular/low-calorie-belgian-waffle-recipe

MisterRon

jfeise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfeise
editorkid wrote:What, because the old Woot never sold kitchen items? Or other breakfast appliances?

Indeed. I got my Waring single waffle maker a few years ago from here, way before Amazon even thought about buying Woot.
That one's still working like a charm, so I don't have a need for another one.

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

If it makes you feel any better, I'm of the type that ignores calories as long as I'm using real, unprocessed, and traditional ingredients (like butter instead of refined vegetable oil), and I'm not overweight. After reading some books and researching the industrial food system, I'm convinced calorie counts are nearly useless.

I like to ask the following question: Would you rather have a 400 calorie pancake made with trans-fat containing Bisquick, or a 500 calorie homemade pancake made with organic whole wheat flour (or 75/25 white/whole wheat flour ratio as a nice compromise) and another five simple organic ingredients?

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
MisterRon wrote:creamed chipped beef on waffles

Similar to sh-t on a shingle?

MisterRon

StanleyS wrote:Similar to sh-t on a shingle?

Yes, but that's on toasted bread.

MisterRon

Silvergirl52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvergirl52

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/waring-wom600bksa-waffle-omelet-maker?ID=801231&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results This is the link for the one at Macy's for 69.99. It looks the same, but has a different model number. It's a closeout. I won't need one, because I have a belgian waffle maker and a GT Express that makes good omelets, or I can make them on the stovetop.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Screw pancakes...waffles forever. MY BREAKFAST DOESNT SURRENDER! That said, after $5 shipping, would rather get from Amazon for the free return policy, and I already get 3.99 1-day shipping for Prime

[MOD: *cough* $117 *cough* The one you were looking at was waffle only.]

ushindi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ushindi
nrosenberg wrote:I have both the single-waffle version of this (refurb bought at Woot many moons ago), as well as the double-waffle version (refurb bought at another deal-a-day site), and with the two of them I've done waffles for 48 people.

I have no idea how well the omelet side works, but overall they make a decent product, and I love the waffles that come off those irons.

Make waffles for 48 people?
I'll kill myself first...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I like this one from sellout.woot.com http://sellout.woot.com/offers/waring-professional-belgian-waffle-maker for $39.99.

Remember though, Waring is owned by CONair, which has proven time and again to live down to its name "con", and leave the sucker holding a dud product with no customer service.

Luckily, I haven't needed customer service on the Waring Belgian waffle maker, and have developed an amazing waffle recipe.

If you don't want to get "fat, fat, fat fat FAAAAAUUUT!" http://flic.kr/p/7ZqMfp
, don't eat waffles *every day*. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

philipem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipem
ckeilah wrote:I like this one from sellout.woot.com http://sellout.woot.com/offers/waring-professional-belgian-waffle-maker for $39.99.

Remember though, Waring is owned by CONair, which has proven time and again to live down to its name "con", and leave the sucker holding a dud product with no customer service.

Luckily, I haven't needed customer service on the Waring Belgian waffle maker, and have developed an amazing waffle recipe.

If you don't want to get "fat, fat, fat fat FAAAAAUUUT!" http://flic.kr/p/7ZqMfp
, don't eat waffles *every day*. ;-)

SOLD OUT

w00ting over 100 times since 9/22/04

philipem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipem
aoviss wrote:Screw pancakes...waffles forever. MY BREAKFAST DOESNT SURRENDER! That said, after $5 shipping, would rather get from Amazon for the free return policy, and I already get 3.99 1-day shipping for Prime

The Amazon version costs $129, you are looking at teh waffle maker only...

w00ting over 100 times since 9/22/04