WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Samsung 40" 1080p 3D LED HDTV

Speed to First Woot:
1h 11m 24.000s
First Sucker:
MichXelle
Last Wooter to Woot:
RichiePuzino
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 31% of Woot.com Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 33% of Woot.com Woots
Top 28% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 27% first woot
  • 12% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 17% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 23% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 60% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
1%
0%
2%
2%
2%
4%
2%
4%
10%
8%
7%
6%
7%
8%
5%
5%
1%
4%
6%
9%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Kapil


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Kapil

Does it have streaming apps?

--
www.kapilville.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Kapil wrote:Does it have streaming apps?



Today's offering doesn't appear to, no.

Momster


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Momster

I just picked this up over at Dell for $500 - Samsung Series 5 40-inch LED-backlit LCD TV - UN40EH5300 1080p Smart HDTV with $150 PROMO eGift Card


Dell Samsung offer

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Dug up the User manual for this television

edit: heh, 700 QualPos i never thought this day would get here. I got a feeling Conanthelibrarian is going to beat me to 800 though

MichXelle


quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
conanthelibrarian wrote:Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

A review at BH (who I shop at for cameras and equipment) claims their TV has a 120hz refresh rate yet this offer says it's a 60. So is it the same TV or is someone wrong about the refresh rate? I prefer 120.........60 could be a deal breaker for me. Anyone know which is correct? Thanks!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

mirylad985


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mirylad985
Momster wrote:I just picked this up over at Dell for $500 - Samsung Series 5 40-inch LED-backlit LCD TV - UN40EH5300 1080p Smart HDTV with $150 PROMO eGift Card


Dell Samsung offer



This one is definitely better though, and well worth the price increase. This TV is a 6-series, which is a step up from the 5-series, and the one you are looking at does not appear to be 3D.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

MichXelle wrote:A review at BH (who I shop at for cameras and equipment) claims their TV has a 120hz refresh rate yet this offer says it's a 60. So is it the same TV or is someone wrong about the refresh rate? I prefer 120.........60 could be a deal breaker for me. Anyone know which is correct? Thanks!



Today's offering:
Clear Motion Rate: 200/240Hz

earlyre


quality posts: 2 Private Messages earlyre

active 3D? pass..
if it was a passive 3d set i'd def. be tempted. but i just don't need something ELSE to keep charged. (and i've got realD glasses coming out my ears...)

toddcells


quality posts: 5 Private Messages toddcells
MichXelle wrote:A review at BH (who I shop at for cameras and equipment) claims their TV has a 120hz refresh rate yet this offer says it's a 60. So is it the same TV or is someone wrong about the refresh rate? I prefer 120.........60 could be a deal breaker for me. Anyone know which is correct? Thanks!



120Hz Panel refresh rate (in 3D mode)

MichXelle


quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
ROGETRAY wrote:Today's offering:
Clear Motion Rate: 200/240Hz



Thank you! You explained it perfectly. I went to other sites and got even more confused so you saved my night's sleep.

I'm in for at least 1 for now. I think this might sell out by tomorrow afternoon depending on how many they have.

BTW It appears to list for $929.99 on the Samsumg site for this model number. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH6030FXZA

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
CowboyDann wrote:Dug up the User manual for this television

edit: heh, 700 QualPos i never thought this day would get here. I got a feeling Conanthelibrarian is going to beat me to 800 though



At this rate, lichme and conan are going to pass both of us shortly.

Anyway,
$549.99 tonight

another video review
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsf9j8_review-samsung-un40eh6030-40-inch-1080p-120hz-led-3d-hdtv-black_tech

Reminder that Samsung was one of the PC Magazine's readers' choices for 2012 in HDTV:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412615,00.asp

good night.

bryaninphx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bryaninphx

Is this TV another Latin America model?


[MOD: Yes, it is.]

dickrourke


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

I prefer active to passive for 3D, batteries notwithstanding. And even though I've a 73" fine grain special, I'm grabbing this little 3D that comes with 2 active glasses, if only to see Avatar over and over.

Plus, others can watch something when I'm seeing sports. Let 'em squint, says I.

kuatolives


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuatolives

This was a 6-series derivative model that sold at retailers during this past holiday season. Not a Latin American model. Around nov/dec you could routinely find it at around $500. Still not a bad deal.

The TV is actually 120Hz, though. Not 240. Samsung's "Clear Motion Rate" is always higher than the actual refresh rate. It factors in extra image processing and backlight scanning algorithms to get to a higher "rate." So CMR 120 = 60Hz, CMR 240 = 120Hz, CMR 480 = still 120Hz

bluemaple


quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
mirylad985 wrote:This one is definitely better though, and well worth the price increase. This TV is a 6-series, which is a step up from the 5-series, and the one you are looking at does not appear to be 3D.



@mirylad985, Well I suppose - if you like 3D in the first place. Otherwise some folks would gladly trade 3D for Smart TV.

The real question for those folks - what does the 6-series offer other than that vs. the 5-series... And for $50 more (not sure on shipping impact).

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I'm on the verge of hitting the yellow button, but I'm wondering about the 1-year woot warranty. Does anyone have experience with that?

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

casey00001


quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Comparable TV at Costco without the 3D nonsense for $499.00 with two year warranty to boot.

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-40%22-Class-1080p-LED-Smart-HDTV-UN40EH5300F.product.100036998.html

Who wants to watch 3D especially on such a small screen?

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

Well, although no one answered my question about the woot warranty, I decided to buy it anyway. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I hope it ships pretty quickly...got a vacation coming up!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

bluemaple


quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
kippyj wrote:Well, although no one answered my question about the woot warranty, I decided to buy it anyway. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I hope it ships pretty quickly...got a vacation coming up!



Strange that it is not a Samsung warranty since it is new... possible explanation as hinted above, it is a promo US model or a grey market import or both if the promo time period ended and Samsung doesn't want these competing with its current models.

Edit: (Doesn't mean the TV has anything wrong with it. Companies sometimes strip out a feature or two to sell at a lower price point temporarily - in the hope they don't muck up their 'normal' line and to prevent price-comparison shopping as a service to a big retailer.)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kuatolives wrote:This was a 6-series derivative model that sold at retailers during this past holiday season. Not a Latin American model. Around nov/dec you could routinely find it at around $500. Still not a bad deal.

The TV is actually 120Hz, though. Not 240. Samsung's "Clear Motion Rate" is always higher than the actual refresh rate. It factors in extra image processing and backlight scanning algorithms to get to a higher "rate." So CMR 120 = 60Hz, CMR 240 = 120Hz, CMR 480 = still 120Hz



This is a TV that was to be sold in Latin America.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

litedesign


quality posts: 1 Private Messages litedesign

Buyer beware -- this TV only 2 HDMI ports! So if you want to connect a cable box, bluray player, and a streaming device and watch them all in 1080p, you will need an external HDMI switch.

bodycount187


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodycount187
bluemaple wrote:@mirylad985, Well I suppose - if you like 3D in the first place. Otherwise some folks would gladly trade 3D for Smart TV.

The real question for those folks - what does the 6-series offer other than that vs. the 5-series... And for $50 more (not sure on shipping impact).


The 5 series usually can play music and display photos through the USB port but not play video! Although, you can hack your television's settings to get it to play video!

ulittles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ulittles
bodycount187 wrote:The 5 series usually can play music and display photos through the USB port but not play video! Although, you can hack your television's settings to get it to play video!



I bought the 32EH6030 that woot had on sale previously and own a 32EH5000 also.

The difference between the 6 series and 5 series is 120 hz, 3D for the 6 series. The 5 series is 60 hz. Motion handling is significantly improved on the 6. although both have great picture quality.

Smeagol150


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
ThunderThighs wrote:This is a TV that was to be sold in Latin America.



I have to agree with OP, I sell (sold I guess now) this TV at BestBuy. The BBy site doesn't list Latin American models in North America. Also, the FXZA designates it as North American. I was under the impression an end tag of AF designates it as Latin American. Of course, I could be mistaken although that's the assumption I made while selling the model. Maybe BestBuy sent our Iowan store some Latin TVs

BestBuy

Smeagol150


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
ulittles wrote:I bought the 32EH6030 that woot had on sale previously and own a 32EH5000 also.

The difference between the 6 series and 5 series is 120 hz, 3D for the 6 series. The 5 series is 60 hz. Motion handling is significantly improved on the 6. although both have great picture quality.



Just because it's a six series doesn't mean it gains 3D. Check out the 40EH6000, which is the base model for the series. You are correct on the first portion, it is a difference in the refresh rate. The difference between the 6000 and the 6030 is the gain of active 3D.

External Site 40EH6000

joeman1890


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joeman1890
casey00001 wrote:Who wants to watch 3D especially on such a small screen?



I have a 3 year old 7 series in 40" that I use to watch 3D movies (only animated, 3D live action is pointless). It works very well.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



PRICE UPDATE

O. M. G. The general manager of Electronics is in SUCH a good mood. His cup of java just have been perfect this morning.

He's decided to lower the price of this TV to $499. Can you believe it!?!??!

Now go buy it before he changes his mind!

As usual, if you already bought, you'll magically see the difference reappear in your payment source.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vatchman


quality posts: 7 Private Messages vatchman

Is there anything that is broadcast in 3D, or you pretty much have to get a DVD or Blue Ray disk with 3D content?

bluemaple


quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
ulittles wrote:I bought the 32EH6030 that woot had on sale previously and own a 32EH5000 also.

The difference between the 6 series and 5 series is 120 hz, 3D for the 6 series. The 5 series is 60 hz. Motion handling is significantly improved on the 6. although both have great picture quality.



@ulittles, 120 Hz would be a *key* reason to go 6-series (the one sold here) vs. the 5-series being sold for the (now) same price other places.

I wouldn't mess with the other sites' 5-series if they don't have at least 120 Hz - unless you only watch nature scenes with minimal screen motion.

Samsung is the worst of the big players in abusing this spec - as another poster mentioned, "Clear Motion" is code for divide this reported spec by 2 to get the real number.

shadetreescouser


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadetreescouser

The only advice I can give concerning 3D glasses is that if you take small children to see a 3D show is either forgo the popcorn with extra butter or...bring lotsa lens tissues ..

sopdox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sopdox

Under warranty it says 1 year woot. Anyone know exactly what that means/includes?

mhorner1957


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhorner1957

Not sure how their LED TVs fair, but found the quality of Samsung plasma TVs is terrible. They would be nice if they lasted more than a year.

noslenwerd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noslenwerd
vatchman wrote:Is there anything that is broadcast in 3D, or you pretty much have to get a DVD or Blue Ray disk with 3D content?



ESPN3D is on fios. I watched the masters over the weekend in 3d, and no question 3d was made for events like this. The most gold I've ever watched in my life by far, simply because of the 3d.

JSanek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSanek

I'd be careful buying Samsung. Bought one in '09...died in '10 just outside warranty period. Friend of mine bought his a couple years ago...his started having problems as soon as the warranty ran out. My parents bought a Samsung plasma, now the screen is messed up (also just outside the warranty period). Consumer Affairs has more complaints logged about Samsung TV's than any other manufacturer. Personally, I'm not a fan and will never buy a Samsung TV again.

santillanavila


quality posts: 0 Private Messages santillanavila

I am unsure of getting this set or the 42" LG on sale at walmart for 398. Which is the better deal?

michaelvella


quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
litedesign wrote:Buyer beware -- this TV only 2 HDMI ports! So if you want to connect a cable box, bluray player, and a streaming device and watch them all in 1080p, you will need an external HDMI switch.



Anyone with a modern home audio system will be fine. Two ports is plenty, I only use one, everything goes into the receiver Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!

As for streaming apps, that someone else mentioned, I recommend NOT using a TV for that. Get a Roku or an Apple TV (prefer the latter) for that kind of thing. HDMI into your receiver, out to the TV. Works better.

kippyj


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
bluemaple wrote:Strange that it is not a Samsung warranty since it is new... possible explanation as hinted above, it is a promo US model or a grey market import or both if the promo time period ended and Samsung doesn't want these competing with its current models.

Edit: (Doesn't mean the TV has anything wrong with it. Companies sometimes strip out a feature or two to sell at a lower price point temporarily - in the hope they don't muck up their 'normal' line and to prevent price-comparison shopping as a service to a big retailer.)



Thank you for your input. I noticed another person asking about "woot warranty," but that still isn't clear. At least woot decided to refund me fifty dollars...I win!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris