12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

It runs for 15 minutes, then needs to be charged for at least 2 hours. If it ran longer or came with a spare battery, I would have bought one of these from a previous woot.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

How quickly does woot usually ship their stuff? I bought a 39'' VIZIO TV on Saturday, and now it still shows awaiting shipping. I just moved into a new apartment and I want to watch TV!

all53

quality posts: 2 Private Messages all53

Yes, I wish it ran longer but I have to tell you that I think this is a great cordless vacuum. It has great suction and the portability makes it a dream. I don't regret buying this.

isnoop

quality posts: 9 Private Messages isnoop
KarenMarie wrote:It runs for 15 minutes, then needs to be charged for at least 2 hours. If it ran longer or came with a spare battery, I would have bought one of these from a previous woot.

This is the truth. We bought one of these in a previous woot and we love it! It is the perfect compliment to having a full-size Dyson. It is great for spot cleaning and quick jobs--most of which never last longer than 15 min.

If you need more power, you can either buy a spare battery or upgrade to the next model up which has longer battery life.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.4 out of 5.0) over at qvc.com

mortois

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mortois

Good vacuum, but wall-mount doesn't come with mounting screws. For a company that prides itself on its engineering marvels, this does not make much sense. I contacted Dyson about this, they told me to "consult my local hardware store". Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin
kevinwangjiakan wrote:How quickly does woot usually ship their stuff? I bought a 39'' VIZIO TV on Saturday, and now it still shows awaiting shipping. I just moved into a new apartment and I want to watch TV!

I bought a tech woot sony tablet on friday and mine is still awaiting shipping too. I dont know if its actually woot who ships it or not tho? Im sort of under the impression that they facilitate the sale but then the company itself ships to us. So who knows how long it will take.

But anyway, on topic. Dysons are amazing. I have many family who swear by them.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kevinwangjiakan wrote:How quickly does woot usually ship their stuff? I bought a 39'' VIZIO TV on Saturday, and now it still shows awaiting shipping. I just moved into a new apartment and I want to watch TV!

jamesclaflin wrote:I bought a tech woot sony tablet on friday and mine is still awaiting shipping too. I dont know if its actually woot who ships it or not tho? Im sort of under the impression that they facilitate the sale but then the company itself ships to us.

Standard shipping (not 2-day or next day options) usually takes up to 5 business days (in most cases, much less than that).

Although it's very uncommon, if it's been less than 5 business days from your purchase, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to help you out.

Investorguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Investorguy

I bought this last time around and the thing shuts off automatically every time after about 3-4 seconds. I've emailed woot who told me to get ahold of dyson who has been completely unresponsive to my requests for help.

This purchase has soured me on both woot and dyson.

XXFire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XXFire
isnoop wrote:This is the truth. We bought one of these in a previous woot and we love it! It is the perfect compliment to having a full-size Dyson. It is great for spot cleaning and quick jobs--most of which never last longer than 15 min.

If you need more power, you can either buy a spare battery or upgrade to the next model up which has longer battery life.

Awesome, just what I was holing to hear.. I have the regular animal Dyson for carpet, but just moved to a new house and have lots of hardwood that I got this for..

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Investorguy wrote:I bought this last time around and the thing shuts off automatically every time after about 3-4 seconds. I've emailed woot who told me to get ahold of dyson who has been completely unresponsive to my requests for help.

I'm sorry to hear that Dyson was unsupportive in resolving the issue.

If the manufacturer is unresponsive in helping out members, we recommend that you email again into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

I've also forwarded your post onto them to see if they can't find a solution.

P.S Dyson products usually carry a 6 to 12 month warranty (depeding on product), was Dyson unwilling to provide assitance?

ross549

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ross549

I purchased one of these the last time Woot had it for sale.

We love it! It is incredibly handy for the quick cleanup when you don't want to mess around getting a cord unwrapped and plugged in for the regular vacuum.

The suction power is good too. It picks up a lot in both low and high power modes.

I've vacuumed the stairs, living room, dining room, and part of my loft before running out of juice. It ran well over the rated 6 minutes on high power mode.

If you are a compulsive vacuumer, and clean the whole house multiple times a week (ain't nobody got time for that!), then this is not the vacuum for you. We have a small infant in the house, and our time is limited, and so we spot clean when we can. This vacuum is perfect for it. I don't think we have dragged out the big vacuum since we bought this one.

All in all, my wife loves it, mainly because i enjoy using it and end up spot cleaning here and there.

BUY THIS VACUUM! It is awesome!

Sunwoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunwoot
Investorguy wrote:I bought this last time around and the thing shuts off automatically every time after about 3-4 seconds. I've emailed woot who told me to get ahold of dyson who has been completely unresponsive to my requests for help.

I had one that did that, but my correspondence with Dyson was excellent. Turns out the trigger was bad, and they just sent me a whole new assembly.

bluesuz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesuz

I purchased a Dyson from Woot last year and have been very happy. I called Dyson over a question I had regarding the operation of the vacuum, and they went over step by step what I was doing wrong (whoops, I disconnected the hose). They did not make me feel like an Tin Man, even though I clearly was one.

Call Dyson, they should be able to help you out.

hcir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hcir

This happened to me when I bought one from BB and B. I took it back and got another one and it was fine. Returns are going to be more of a challenge with this purchase, but that's the gamble you take with Woot...save $40, maybe get a good one, maybe get a lemon. I can say this is a good vacuum...better than any other handheld I have ever used.

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966

I recently bought the Asus TF700 tablet. I got the "we shipped it" notification AFTER it had already arrived at my door. I knew Woot! was fast, but teleportation and time travel? Sometimes it takes a few days for the processing and shipping information to catch up, but they are usually pretty fast.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Two questions:

Why SO MANY refurbs?

Did Dyson inherit the "reality distortion field" from Steve Jobs?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Lilwolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lilwolf

bought (non red version) year ago. I NEVER use it as a normal vacuum (have other vacuum). But where this SHINES is if you have dogs that shed! I don't use any attachments and can run around for 5 minutes and get all the dog hair in the house. (and I get the stairs at the same time). Best portable vacuum I've ever seen!

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Worst Dyson product ever.

Top heavy. Your wrist will get quite a workout maneuvering the device. If you have weak wrists, keep a bottle of Advil handy.

Difficult to guide on uncarpeted areas. Because it's top-weighted, the unit easily loses contact with hardwood/tiled floors, so you are always going back over areas you missed. For that same reason it is hard to control its path with any accuracy. That's OK for a yard vacuum, but not for vaccuming a home.

If you're lucky, it will run for 15 minutes on a full charge. That limits what you can really accomplish in a single use. The good news is that your wrist will only suffer for a brief time before the unit needs recharging.

Stay far away... or find a unit today that you can trial "hands-on" and make your own assessment.

mikebola

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikebola
KarenMarie wrote:It runs for 15 minutes, then needs to be charged for at least 2 hours. If it ran longer or came with a spare battery, I would have bought one of these from a previous woot.

considering it's made for quick pickups or a dorm/efficiency, you'd obviously be better off buying something else than trying to clean your place with it. realize this thing is tiny, and in that 15 minute timespan, you'd need to empty the bin a good 5 times, and you'd be able to clean up most of a normal sized apartment.
but, if you insist, buy a new DC44. it has a 20 minute runtime and an extra tool that's good for upholstery.

mikebola

woottoady wrote:Worst Dyson product ever.

Top heavy. Your wrist will get quite a workout maneuvering the device. If you have weak wrists, keep a bottle of Advil handy.

Difficult to guide on uncarpeted areas. Because it's top-weighted, the unit easily loses contact with hardwood/tiled floors, so you are always going back over areas you missed. For that same reason it is hard to control its path with any accuracy. That's OK for a yard vacuum, but not for vaccuming a home.

If you're lucky, it will run for 15 minutes on a full charge. That limits what you can really accomplish in a single use. The good news is that your wrist will only suffer for a brief time before the unit needs recharging.

Stay far away... or find a unit today that you can trial "hands-on" and make your own assessment.

being a guy that sells, repairs, and makes these, I have honestly no idea what you're talking about. a LOT of arthritic old ladies purchase these, since when you put the cleanerhead on the floor, almost all of the 4 pounds of vacuum rests there. also, as I'd like to harp, this is for quick pickups, and 15 minutes of runtime really isn't so bad for cleaning up some cheerios or the spot on the couch where your cat sleeps.

mikebola

radi0j0hn wrote:Two questions:

Why SO MANY refurbs?

Did Dyson inherit the "reality distortion field" from Steve Jobs?

if the vac had a scratch on it, or if a customer doesn't like it, or if the box was significantly damaged (thank you, UPS) or if it's a target specific model and they return their inventory to stock or whatnot (as this one is, since it's red) it gets refurbished and resold by a third party. though I'm not 100% sure on that one, that's not my part of the company.
oh, and a LOT of customers buy this thinking it's as powerful as a standard sized dyson, and return it when they find out that it is in fact a handheld.

mikebola

mortois wrote:Good vacuum, but wall-mount doesn't come with mounting screws. For a company that prides itself on its engineering marvels, this does not make much sense. I contacted Dyson about this, they told me to "consult my local hardware store". Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

they actually DO ship with mounting screws and wall anchors. did you call 1-866-MY-DYSON? if not, I recommend doing that. voice your concern over this, and they will make you a happy customer.

peng1can

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peng1can
mortois wrote:Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

Actually, aren't you saying that it is indeed a deal breaker?

kmdavis60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmdavis60

Does Amazon (err...Woot) have a never-ending supply of Dyson products?

Anybody that pays retail for these things is truly a knucklehead. It's like shopping at bed, bath and beyond without one of their ubiquitous, never-expiring (they ignore the expiry date) 20% off coupons.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
kmdavis60 wrote:Does Amazon (err...Woot) have a never-ending supply of Dyson products?

My guess is that Dyson sees that Woot is able to move their refurb vacs pretty well and being a dependable vendor, Dyson is probably only too happy to let Woot sell their refurbs whenever they have a new batch ready to go.

thejumpster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejumpster
mortois wrote:Good vacuum, but wall-mount doesn't come with mounting screws. For a company that prides itself on its engineering marvels, this does not make much sense. I contacted Dyson about this, they told me to "consult my local hardware store". Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

I know, I thought that was weird, too. On the other hand, it's a rare household that doesn't have a few orphan screws hanging around in the junk drawer. Other than that, I've been delighted with this vacuum. It doesn't have a long battery life, and you have to keep the On switch depressed (what a pill!), but it does a spectacular job doing what it's supposed to do, so I'm happy and would recommend it.

mikebola

you didn't call the phone number on the vacuum? they'll literally bend over backwards to make you happy.
no matter though, I'll tell you an easy way to fix this. wipe your battery contacts with alcohol. Specifically, the three tabs near the charging port on the battery. it easily gets gunked up and causes it to shut off when the vac moves around.
source- I came up with the repair.

deemery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

1. Disappointed by battery life.
2. You have to keep the air pathway clean. Mine got a bit of dust, where it would run for 3 seconds and shut itself down.
3. They need a better head attachment for doing stairs (which is what we bought this for.)

Frankly, not worth the premium over a good plug-in dust buster.

deemery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

Carefully clean (and blow out, if you have an air compressor) all the filter/air pathways. Mine had the same "runs for 3 seconds" behavior and that's what fixed it.

mikebola

deemery wrote:Carefully clean (and blow out, if you have an air compressor) all the filter/air pathways. Mine had the same "runs for 3 seconds" behavior and that's what fixed it.

keep it clean, and it'll work fine.usually, it's not dust, but hair and solid debris that blocks up the cleanerhead. also, using the motorhead directly on the vac without the wand makes stair cleaning really easy.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
mortois wrote:....Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

That's pretty much the definition of a deal breaker.

darex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darex

You've obviously never bought from IKEA either, because all their wall-mounted stuff never comes with mounting hardware. Why? Simple! It's because people like you would be trying to sue when you used a mounting solution inappropriate for YOUR wall. How is Dyson to know if you have studs, drywall, if you need stronger anchors, etc...

I've had the DC-35 ever since it came out (2years?). I have YET to run out of juice during a job. Honestly! Not even once! That's because I use it as it was designed to be used: for quick jobs, like a set of stairs, or to pick-up dog hair "tumbleweeds", etc... For whole-house cleaning, I use my full-sized vacuum.

mickisue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mickisue

Do you have any idea how many different screws would need to be supplied to deal with all the places that a customer might want to place the wall mount?

It's easier for you AND for Dyson to just figure out on your own where it will go, and what will be the best combination of screws and, possibly, anchors for that placement.

Really? You would not buy a product from a company that is famous not only for their products actually working well, but lasting a long time AND good customer service, because they didn't include $.15 worth of screws?

Trik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trik

I'm waiting for the DC44, it should be coming soon I think, it's been out long enough to have a nice stock of refurbs. Of course I have no idea what it takes to accumulate enough refurb stock to sell to Woot, but I'm not so patiently waiting.

adeptio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adeptio

As long as I don't think of this as a Vacuum, but as the "Best Dust-Buster Ever", I love this thing.

We have a couple of cats, and this gets the area around the litter boxes, the cat-fur dust bunnies, the stairs and the furniture like a champ! We still haul out a "real" vacuum to get all the big carpeted areas in the house, but this keeps things a lot cleaner between major vacuums...

mawpenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawpenn
chipgreen wrote:That's pretty much the definition of a deal breaker.

Haha. Exactly what I was thinking!

vatchman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vatchman

How is this for vacuuming inside of a car? I don't see a flexible hose attachment. Can it get into tight spots like under seat and between seat and console?