Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A single perfect review over at The O

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
lichme wrote:

Stolen links

It's $50 cheaper tonight at $249.99 now. Anyway, if you're going to steal links, at least steal all of them ;) (edit: this is my post where the links came from: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5408353) When I "steal links", if there is such a thing as etiquette, I copy it with the original poster's name in it and ideally a link back to their post (or at least some way to credit them). These are the others you could have stolen (edit: I stole my own links from the other post I made last time: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5408442) :

Most of the DC39 videos I've seen so far are for the animal version.
One could go to the informercial route, like QVC's, or the actual video from HSN:

or showing more basic videos

or more customer reviews from places like
Costco
http://reviews.costco.com/2070/100017640/dyson-inc-dyson-dc39-multi-floor-plus-canister-vacuum-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating
or collections like Testfreaks
http://www.testfreaks.com/vacuum-cleaners/dyson-dc39-multi-floor/
or Allergy Buyers Club
http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/dyson-dc39-multi-floor-canister-vacuum-cleaners.html

biggs13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biggs13

I just looked at these reviews a minute ago and there were a couple negative ones. Now they are gone? Does Woot delete negative comments?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

whaaa? this was $300 only a few wks ago. Is woot running dyson's 20% off sale a bit behind the time?

Anyway, I recently got this unit and the triggerhead is very innovative. It doesn't work all the time, especially when trying to turn the beater brush while the head is on the rug (I think it needs some suction from the head to push some lever so the air could be sucked in from the beater brush's air inlet). I guess they could have put a foot switch.

Plastic is a little thin and soft, where when trying to turn the handle sideways when vacuuming under the bed, you can feel it flex. Maybe that's how it is designed since if it is made of stiffer plastic of the same thickness, it might just crack.

When I first saw the flattened hose section below the dirt canister, I thought alot of the blockage would be there, but the smallest cross section is actually right above the inlet of the trigghead. I vacuumed a penny and the trigger mechanism started acting funny (not enough change in air pressure?). Turned out the penny could not make it through the orifice. So if you vacuum in the style where you don't want to bother picking up all the dropped items and just want all the junk to be sucked up, you might be spending some time unclogging the vacuum.

whatsamattaU

biggs13 wrote:I just looked at these reviews a minute ago and there were a couple negative ones. Now they are gone? Does Woot delete negative comments?

I wasn't here to see what was deleted, but it depends. In a nutshell, if it's constructive criticism, it typically stays. If it's something like, "It sucks" with nothing to explain why, it can be deleted. Negative comments are typically okay as long as you can back it up or at least explain your experience/reason.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Finally... A vacuum cleaner with balls!

hosupd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosupd

I've heard this thing sucks.

ancyker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ancyker

Hey woot, I'm finally ready to get a Dyson but I want an upright. How's about you help a wooter out and make the next Dyson sale on a DC28?

xrobevansx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xrobevansx
ancyker wrote:Hey woot, I'm finally ready to get a Dyson but I want an upright. How's about you help a wooter out and make the next Dyson sale on a DC28?

I'll sell you my upright and I will buy this one!

dlimanov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dlimanov

Is it a multi-floor model and if not, does anyone know the difference between the two?

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

You know...there must be a LOT of refurbished Dysons laying around for Woot to be selling them as often as they do.
How come they have to refurb so many Dyson vacs? What does that tell us?

kuhnjm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhnjm

Are any of the attachments that are seen on the video included? I switch from floor to furniture quite often.

geverage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geverage

It tells us that under the gigantic Woot shipping facility, they unearthed a vast cavern filled with used, refurbished Dyson vacuums and flying monkeys. It's a reserve capable of powering every-other woot and wootoff for the foreseeable future.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

There are two different retail versions of the DC39. The only difference between them (aside from the color of the cyclone generator) is the complement of tools it's loaded out with.

The multi-floor version has
-turbine trigger head tool (the standard head you vacuum floors with)
-crevice tool with a sliding brush head
-stair tool

The Animal version has those three plus
-mini-turbine tool

The mini turbine tool used to be just a smaller version of the triggerhead tool for things like upholstery, curtain, or your car. Nowadays it comes with their "tangle-free turbine tool" which supposedly doesn't get tangled up in all the hair you vacuum up. (I have two cats, and man is there a lot of hair the DC39 vacuums up!!! Stuff I never even knew was there.

Of course, the suction's so string on this thing, it might just be sucking the backing fibers out of my carpet, I don't know.

lwang

Some places has the DC39 Animal Plus, which also includes these attachments:

Soft Dusting Brush
Flexi Crevice Tool
Multi Angle Brush

ssports

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ssports
ancyker wrote:Hey woot, I'm finally ready to get a Dyson but I want an upright. How's about you help a wooter out and make the next Dyson sale on a DC28?

Ancyker, do yourself a favor and get this one! I purchased both from woot, the ball upright which I was very less than impressed with, and then got this little jewel the second time around. It not only vacumn's better, but using attachments for such things as sucking up cobwebs in ceiling corners is actually "doable".

Anyone in St.Louis MO want a DYSON ball upright used three times for cheap?

showcaller

quality posts: 35 Private Messages showcaller

okay, I know this is a popular item in Woot World - it comes up enough - just behind this weeks' P.C. special. Here's what I don't get. IF it is that great how come I can't find anyone I know who owns one. It seems that for the amount of good press this thing gets, one would think everyone would have one and maybe even buy their mother n law one - assuming you are on speaking terms with her. I'm not with mine so I will never have to buy her one of these days. She would never use it anyway and besides I am getting off topic. What were we talking about?

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
showcaller wrote:okay, I know this is a popular item in Woot World - it comes up enough - just behind this weeks' P.C. special. Here's what I don't get. IF it is that great how come I can't find anyone I know who owns one. It seems that for the amount of good press this thing gets, one would think everyone would have one and maybe even buy their mother n law one - assuming you are on speaking terms with her. I'm not with mine so I will never have to buy her one of these days. She would never use it anyway and besides I am getting off topic. What were we talking about?

Do you know anyone who owns Bose music system components?

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
mdnorman wrote:Do you know anyone who owns Bose music system components?

I do, throughout my entire home. Did you need help with something?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

showcaller

mdnorman wrote:Do you know anyone who owns Bose music system components?

NO! You know what... there is a pattern developing here I think.

Actually.... on a side note... I happened to be working in a hotel and the Bose folks were conducting a seminar in one of the ballrooms on how to go door to door to sell their all in one AM/FM/CD (and whatever else it did) system.

I felt bad for all those people - probably lost their job and this was one way to try to make money. And life goes on...

MichXelle

I have the cannister without the ball. It's great, the only 1 of their vacs that I don't own more than 1 of.

We're happy with it, it could be even better with the ball. If I didn't have a ton of Dysons' I would try this out too.

It's not out long with the ball in the cannister. They just recently started TV advertising for it and the price for it is about 1/2 of what the retail stores charge for this newer item. Well worth it! The upright is a bit more powerful but unless you're using both (our maid does) you wouldn't notice it.

I think the Dyson site has 20% off if you're worried about a refurb. All of mine but the first 1 that I paid an arm and leg for at BB are refurbs. I couldn't tell the difference from new or refurbished. This is a breeze on the stairs too.

Enjoy Dyson if you're buying it. It's foolish not to if you need a new vac.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

mdnorman

MichXelle wrote:I have the cannister without the ball. It's great, the only 1 of their vacs that I don't own more than 1 of.

We're happy with it, it could be even better with the ball. If I didn't have a ton of Dysons' I would try this out too.

It's not out long with the ball in the cannister. They just recently started TV advertising for it and the price for it is about 1/2 of what the retail stores charge for this newer item. Well worth it! The upright is a bit more powerful but unless you're using both (our maid does) you wouldn't notice it.

I think the Dyson site has 20% off if you're worried about a refurb. All of mine but the first 1 that I paid an arm and leg for at BB are refurbs. I couldn't tell the difference from new or refurbished. This is a breeze on the stairs too.

Enjoy Dyson if you're buying it. It's foolish not to if you need a new vac.

So you're sayin' I'd be foolish to buy a brand new Panisonic Optiflow or a Miele or Kenmore or Electrolux instead?

az01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages az01

Does anyone know if it comes with the stair and combination tools just like the retail package?

MichXelle

az01 wrote:Does anyone know if it comes with the stair and combination tools just like the retail package?

I don't know how many tools it came with but I have about 8 tools, a few I bought from Woot separate including the pet hair vac. Yes we vaccuum our dog that sheds and it works very well with any of our Dysons'.

whatsamattaU

az01 wrote:Does anyone know if it comes with the stair and combination tools just like the retail package?

Until someone from woot answers, this question came up last sale:

ThunderThighs wrote:This Dyson comes with everything you see in the picture.

showcaller

mdnorman wrote:So you're sayin' I'd be foolish to buy a brand new Panisonic Optiflow or a Miele or Kenmore or Electrolux instead?

We bought the Miele, the upgraded one for dog and cat hair (and presumebly any other animal you might have wondering around the house.) Yes, it is alot of money, $599.00 plus... but it really does an excellent job. It does not break, it does not jam, it does not make weird noises. It just keeps on going. Yes, you do have to replace the filters and it warns you when it is time but it is an addiction I don't mind paying for. We also have allergies in our house which was why we started to seriously look at Miele, then two separate friend of ours with animals told us about how happy they are with it. No regrets here.

mdnorman

showcaller wrote:We bought the Miele, the upgraded one for dog and cat hair (and presumebly any other animal you might have wondering around the house.) Yes, it is alot of money, $599.00 plus... but it really does an excellent job. It does not break, it does not jam, it does not make weird noises. It just keeps on going. Yes, you do have to replace the filters and it warns you when it is time but it is an addiction I don't mind paying for. We also have allergies in our house which was why we started to seriously look at Miele, then two separate friend of ours with animals told us about how happy they are with it. No regrets here.

I understand. For a "multi-floor" vacuum I want the floor tool for carpet to be powered by something more than an "air turbine" and I want the tool for hard surface floors to be designed for hard surface floors.

stevethorpe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stevethorpe
ThunderThighs wrote: This Dyson comes with everything you see in the picture.

So no crevasse tool or stair brush, which comes with the retail model? (Or am I looking at the wrong picture?)

I was on the point of pulling the trigger of this deal when I read that. I'm afraid that would a deal-breaker for me. Unless I can get those tools separately somewhere.

whatsamattaU

stevethorpe wrote:So no crevasse tool or stair brush, which comes with the retail model? (Or am I looking at the wrong picture?)

I was on the point of pulling the trigger of this deal when I read that. I'm afraid that would a deal-breaker for me. Unless I can get those tools separately somewhere.

Here are the list prices for the tools:
http://www.dyson.com/tools/variant-tools.aspx?pid=DC39%20Multi%20Floor

mdnorman

stevethorpe wrote:So no crevasse tool or stair brush, which comes with the retail model? (Or am I looking at the wrong picture?)

You can get all the accessories at the mother ship -- individually or as a set. But the cost adds up. Altogether it'll still be cheaper than buying new, but is it better than a comparably priced Panasonic, Electrolux, Samsung, Kenmore, etc.? Maybe... Maybe not.

showcaller

33 posts with a little less than two hours to go. I bet there is some Woot statistician out there that can tell us if this thing has the fewest number of posts for any Woot!

stevethorpe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stevethorpe
mdnorman wrote:You can get all the accessories at the mother ship -- individually or as a set. But the cost adds up. Altogether it'll still be cheaper than buying new, but is it better than a comparably priced Panasonic, Electrolux, Samsung, Kenmore, etc.? Maybe... Maybe not.

Hmm .. an additional $40+ for just a crevasse tool, with tax and shipping. Think I'll pass on this deal.

lwang

does anybody make an adapter for Dysons so that I can use other vacuum's accesories? I have things like a hoover mini turbine or bare floor head and instead of buying Dyson mini-turbine/floor head, I could use the adapter and reuse all my existing attachments.

showcaller

lwang wrote:does anybody make an adapter for Dysons so that I can use other vacuum's accesories? I have things like a hoover mini turbine or bare floor head and instead of buying Dyson mini-turbine/floor head, I could use the adapter and reuse all my existing attachments.

This sounds like it could be a business. All you have to do is line up a company in China to fabricate the adapters as you get orders for them. First one of each will be the most expensive because they have to make the mold etc. but after that, assuming you get orders for the same adapters, you could be retiring in Vacuum heaven!

showcaller

showcaller wrote:I admit it. I am impressed! Talk about info! Makes total sense you would have almost a 1000 quality posts. You don't work for Woot by chance!

17 Posts. Actually it should not be to surprising. Americans are not really into exercise to begin with!