4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love this thing. Works great on my lower back pain. Also used it recently when I pulled a muscle in my shoulder.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stfuengtfo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stfuengtfo

I've been a huge fan of this, got it when it was listed about a month or so back and put it through some pretty heavy use and bought more pads for it. A few of my co-workers I pushed towards it also had great results. For $20 it's a great little massager, works the kinks out of my neck when I sleep on it funny.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

At home DIY electro-shock therapy kit. Finally you can rid yourself or others of those annoying behaviors. Endorsed by Nurse Ratchet.

jerryvh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerryvh

This device is awesome!! I deal with chronic shoulder pain and sometimes it isn't always convenient to get to the chiropractor or physical therapist to seek treatment for pain relief. How can you go wrong at this price?? I am thinking about getting another one to keep in my desk at the office.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3331 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at the O

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3331 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of comments for this when it was offered in April

papernoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papernoose

I would like to add that this TENS unit is a piece of garbage. With that said, it is 'better than nothing'. I bought this on another site about a year ago for a total of $27 shipped. If you have ever visited a physical therapist or chiropractor then you are familiar with their $200+ TENS systems which is magnificent. This is probably just a matter of getting what you pay for, but I believe this goes up to a 10 level, however, I can barely tap it to get it to level 1 (a small step up from the on switch) and it shocks the crap out of me. I have read that when the pads go bad this could happen, however, this product has felt this way from day one. I ended up buy another brand that is made better. I still have this and use it from time to time but I would recommend holding out for one that is a little bit more expensive, you get what you pay for.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

denela

quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela

And....where is a good place/good price to get replacement pads?

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar
denela wrote:And....where is a good place/good price to get replacement pads?

amazon has some big packs for good prices.

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar

if you are intrigued by the unit, take the time to read the previous comment. there's a commenter who hates this unit with a passion. his comments are worthwhile readings - you should be an informed purchaser.

i have one that i absolutely love. i am considering getting a spare and another for my mom.

halperez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
papernoose wrote:If you have ever visited a physical therapist or chiropractor then you are familiar with their $200+ TENS systems which is magnificent.

I got one of these things back in March 2012 to see if it did anything to help when my lower back started hurting after a fun day at work. It did. Then, while chasing down a drug dealer at work, I fractured my shoulder and had a few months of physical therapy during the recovery. Part of the therapy included one of those expensive TENS units. That got me talking to her about this pulse massager. I ended up bringing in my "you get what you pay for" unit to let her look at it. Her evaluation was that, while it may not have some of the settings and patterns that the more expensive models have, there was nothing wrong with the cheap-o one as long as it doesn't jerk your muscles. I can usually turn it up to 5-6 before that happens.

Disclaimer: me passing along what my physical therapist said to me is in no way, shape, or form a professional endorsement. It is simply my positive experience with the product.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i've been wanting to get a tens unit for my mom; she broke five vertebrae in her neck two years ago and they used a tens unit when she was getting physical therapy. she is pretty much always in pain and i don't want to make things worse by purchasing a poor brand. has anyone else there with a spinal condition used this model? or, if not this model, some other one that you would recommend?

alphajolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphajolt

This is an AMAZING deal. Got this last time it was offered - fantastic results at an fantastic price. My super expensive Chiropractor uses one (higher end) with the same feeling and results!

kchristley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kchristley

I bought one when they were offered back in April and have not regretted the purchase. The pads last several times if you keep them clean and a 40pk of replacement pads were $39 on Amazon.

You'll have to play around with which settings work best for you. I personally stick with massage and knead. But test the other settings depending on where your pain is and dial in what you can tolerate.

This is much cheaper than the TENS unit appointments with my pain management doctor and I can use it whenever I want without scheduling an appointment.

It's paid for itself over and over. But if you have chronic pain, please see a doctor. This is no substitute for one, but my doctor approved.

timefortag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timefortag

I got 3 of these several woot's back, and although I suggest you throw out the batteries and put real ones it the units work well although lower in power than a real TEN's unit. But that is why they can sell it without a prescription.

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet

Funny enough, I also bought this unit on another site for $27, for my girlfriend who was having a lot of trouble with her shoulder. A few days later she had to go see a doctor for her injury and he, too, prescribed a $200 unit for her to use. After a few days of trying both of them, she's boxed the $200 unit away and only uses it when she's in enough pain (fibromyalgia) that she needs two units at once.

armymedic25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armymedic25

I might be a little spoiled but I have one that the Army issued me. However, this one looked like it had way more options and settings so I decided to give it a try.
For me the strength is just not enough...just feels like something tingling on the skin surface regardless of the power.

jennkenn2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennkenn2

Bought one for me the first time- love it. Bought one for my mom the second time- wasn't sure if she'd like it as she's really sensitive when it comes to massage or touch- but she loves it too!

divewmn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages divewmn

Love, Love,Love mine! (Just used it this morning in fact). I've had it for about a year now & it is amazing at working out the kinks in my neck & shoulders.

methias2014

quality posts: 0 Private Messages methias2014

I bought one of these during the last offering, and let me tell you, it's worth every penny!

My cat now jumps 33% higher than it ever could before.

The only catch is you have to shave the areas where the pads attach. It's kinda tough, so order some bandages, too.

geezerider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geezerider

I have one of these and was very surprised at how well it worked when you put in some decent batteries. Seriously, ditch the cheap batteries.

The supplied pads are OK but cover too small an area. Load up on some of these and feel the unit come alive!

buynselln

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buynselln

Totally useless.

wootnessless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnessless

Can you put this thing on the John Holmes?

eaglesteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eaglesteve

Bought this Prospera off WOOT last year. Works great. Helps with back pain in between chiropractic visits.

dewahba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dewahba

my mom has nerve damage and constant pain in her neck , she loves this thing. !! worth many times its price .

dannlank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannlank
CuzzinMerl wrote:At home DIY electro-shock therapy kit. Finally you can rid yourself or others of those annoying behaviors. Endorsed by Nurse Ratchet.

I would advise against putting the controls in the hands of a demon-possessed nun, unless you want to end up in a Glee-inspired flash mob singing "The Name Game".

blissful0ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blissful0ne

May sound weird to some, but... Is this safe to use as a sex toy?

rboyett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rboyett

No doubt about it. This is a cheaply made TENS unit.

That's why it is so surprising to me that the damn thing ACTUALLY WORKS. Sure you can buy better, but why? Bought this back in April and it has done wonders for my back. I'm buying a 2nd one today so my wife and I don't have argue on who gets to use it first. At $20, this thing is a HUGE VALUE.

kayzbluegenes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayzbluegenes

I bought this a few weeks ago; I love it! It works wonders for tennis elbow (I was wearing this ugly black band - not attractive with summer attire)! This massager works exactly as described. Well worth the bargain price!

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
blissful0ne wrote:May sound weird to some, but... Is this safe to use as a sex toy?

Sure. Kind of odd shaped so it may require a lot of lube. The buttons may not work so well afterwards.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone
papernoose wrote:I would like to add that this TENS unit is a piece of garbage. With that said, it is 'better than nothing'. I bought this on another site about a year ago for a total of $27 shipped. If you have ever visited a physical therapist or chiropractor then you are familiar with their $200+ TENS systems which is magnificent. This is probably just a matter of getting what you pay for, but I believe this goes up to a 10 level, however, I can barely tap it to get it to level 1 (a small step up from the on switch) and it shocks the crap out of me. I have read that when the pads go bad this could happen, however, this product has felt this way from day one. I ended up buy another brand that is made better. I still have this and use it from time to time but I would recommend holding out for one that is a little bit more expensive, you get what you pay for.

Although I agree that there is some truth to getting what you pay for, don't necessarily believe that PTs and chiropractors are selling/providing you $200 units. It's $200 to the patient and/or the insurance company. The chiropractor did not pay nearly that much when he/she ordered it through their medical supply wholesaler. They quite possibly paid under $50, which is about what this Woot offering retails for.

alansavoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alansavoy

I picked one of these up last April from Woot. I had been to the chiropractor and they used a professional TENS to fix a pinched nerve in my back that had caused me to loose feeling in my arm.

I had purchased a similar one before this one, and afterwards I got one of the more expensive personal ones for 4x the cost.

This one is comparable to the other two. It does a fine job. My only complaint is that it's not quite as strong as the others. But most people can't handle the voltage I can.

The pads are standard, so they are easily replaceable and surprisingly cheap. I've seen some here complain about how painful this device is. That happens when the pads are not securely stuck to you. The arcing is painful. I know this because it always happened with the professional one at the chiropractor. The pads are reusable for a long time, but when they no longer stick well, you have to replace them. A hairy back may cause a problem.

One nice thing about the low cost is that you can give it to a needy friend who otherwise wouldn't try it.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

You can extend the use of the pads my washing them with warm water and soap, rinsing, and allowing to air-dry or dab with a towel if you need them right away. That was a tip from a previous sale and it works.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

wvmtneer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvmtneer

Is there a prohibition for use if I have a pacemaker?

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
wvmtneer wrote:Is there a prohibition for use if I have a pacemaker?

Let's go Mountaineers!

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
methias2014 wrote:I bought one of these during the last offering, and let me tell you, it's worth every penny!

My cat now jumps 33% higher than it ever could before.

The only catch is you have to shave the areas where the pads attach. It's kinda tough, so order some bandages, too.

A great use for those King of Shaves razors they keep trying to push on us.

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

When I had physical therapy on my shoulder and foot the therapist used pulse massage (a full-size version), and it would help to relax the muscles at the end of the session. This portable device works just as well on tight shoulders, neck, any area where your muscles feel over-worked. Very Nice! I bought one, and I highly recommend it.

autoshoes

quality posts: 3 Private Messages autoshoes

I've got a question for those who've gotten this before.

Does this come with any kind of case or anything to store it in?
How do you store your unit when not in use?

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
papernoose wrote:...This is probably just a matter of getting what you pay for, but I believe this goes up to a 10 level, however, I can barely tap it to get it to level 1 (a small step up from the on switch) and it shocks the crap out of me. I have read that when the pads go bad this could happen, however, this product has felt this way from day one...

It is the quality and most important, the SIZE of the pads that determines the 'shock' of this thing. If you purchase larger pads, it will shock you less and you can turn the dial up more.

Replacement Pads