WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Samsung 46" 1080p 3D LED Smart TV w/WiFi

Speed to First Woot:
6m 34.777s
First Sucker:
sdosf
Last Wooter to Woot:
praveenkumargreen
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 38% of Woot.com Woots
Top 40% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 29% of Woot.com Woots
Top 24% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 33% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 24% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 20% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 28% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 57% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
3%
1%
2%
1%
1%
4%
6%
6%
8%
9%
5%
1%
7%
3%
4%
5%
5%
5%
5%
6%
4%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3111 Private Messages lichme

Item: Samsung 46" 1080p 3D LED Smart TV w/WiFi
Price: $999.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme


quality posts: 3111 Private Messages lichme

lichme


quality posts: 3111 Private Messages lichme

Some good feedback from Amazon or a closer look direct from Samsung

Wholesaleforless


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

For the same money, I would rather have a new 60" without the 3d.

amg06f


quality posts: 4 Private Messages amg06f

Wait a second, is Woot! actually offering a non-refurbished television?! Blasphemy! (and yet also: awesome)

Still, if I was in the market for a 46" TV, I may be jumping on this. Unfortunately for Woot! and myself (and fortunately for my bank account), I'd need a larger screen size to consider replacing the 52" LCD TV in my living room.

micklips


quality posts: 0 Private Messages micklips

anyone see the model number ?

blckshirt98


quality posts: 7 Private Messages blckshirt98
amg06f wrote:Wait a second, is Woot! actually offering a non-refurbished television?! Blasphemy! (and yet also: awesome)

Still, if I was in the market for a 46" TV, I may be jumping on this. Unfortunately for Woot! and myself (and fortunately for my bank account), I'd need a larger screen size to consider replacing the 52" LCD TV in my living room.



Not only non-refurb, but a name brand!

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
micklips wrote:anyone see the model number ?



Samsung UN46ES7500 46" 1080p 3D LED Smart TV

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at crutchfield.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

torquedom3


quality posts: 1 Private Messages torquedom3

This is a good deal. This is the 2012 model, 2nd from the top of the line. The 2013 model, UN46F7500 is $1697 everywhere. This model accepts the samsung upgrade that sells for $300 that turns it into the 2013 model. Quite a savings.
Enen better if you have a samsung tablet or smartphone.

jbrief


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbrief

I have this TV. It's amazing. It's the only tv I ever had that made people say "wow."

I enjoy the 3D for occasional use too.

I'm actually in the market for a new 46" tv. I just wish I had $1,000 to spare right now...

thundrnet


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundrnet

This TV is the exact same price at Best Buy. You have to continue to checkout before it tells you the price, but it's $999.

idz21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21
jbrief wrote:I'm actually in the market for a new 46" tv. I just wish I had $1,000 to spare right now...



Soooooo u're really NOT in the market for a new 46" tv

zarchitect


quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

Saw these in the store display... The first thing that drew my attention was the non-bezel. The picture goes almost to the edge (silver bezel helps with this illusion). It's really cool. If I would replace my 42, I'd choose something like this as to design. As to 3D, etc... doubt I'll use it as our current TV mostly plays Backyardigans for the kids anyway.

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
Wholesaleforless wrote:For the same money, I would rather have a new 60" without the 3d.



For the same money I would rather have, this TV and a 2013 Mazda MX5(BRG in color)and a cool hat so my hair doesn't get all messed up when I'm driving home to watch my Samsung TV!

fshoemak


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fshoemak
torquedom3 wrote:This is a good deal. This is the 2012 model, 2nd from the top of the line. The 2013 model, UN46F7500 is $1697 everywhere. This model accepts the samsung upgrade that sells for $300 that turns it into the 2013 model. Quite a savings.
Enen better if you have a samsung tablet or smartphone.



I have the upgrade and it cost me about 150 dollars. I do not feel it is worth getting.

This is a quality tv and worth the dollars.

Audioman1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Audioman1

Nice TV for the Price,

satyenshah


quality posts: 8 Private Messages satyenshah

Samsung is quick to abandon support and development for last year's models, so I wouldn't be surprised if lots of apps stopped working because of lack of updates by 2014.

If you want Wifi and Apps you're better off with a $100 set top box like a Roku or Apple TV, than you are buying a TV with the functionality built-in.

poppagene


quality posts: 0 Private Messages poppagene
fshoemak wrote:I have the upgrade and it cost me about 150 dollars. I do not feel it is worth getting.

This is a quality tv and worth the dollars.



I have the upgrade kit also and I have no regrets whatsoever about the TV or the upgrade kit. For a discussion about the upgrade kit, see: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450292/official-samsung-smart-tv-evolution-kit-thread

cinoclav


quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav
gusvonpooch wrote:For the same money I would rather have, this TV and a 2013 Mazda MX5(BRG in color)and a cool hat so my hair doesn't get all messed up when I'm driving home to watch my Samsung TV!



Would you settle for a '96? Looks like it might have once been BRG... Or you can paint it. ;)

Pick your own hat, we probably have different tastes.

burtnw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages burtnw

I've had this same TV for almost a year now and have no complaints about it. I love the ultra thin border around it. The only built in app I use is the Samsung All-Share for playing videos from a computer but the picture quality is great.

I have no regrets about my purchase and if I had to go back, would absolutely buy this again.

JTMc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JTMc
torquedom3 wrote:This is a good deal. This is the 2012 model, 2nd from the top of the line. The 2013 model, UN46F7500 is $1697 everywhere. This model accepts the samsung upgrade that sells for $300 that turns it into the 2013 model. Quite a savings.
Enen better if you have a samsung tablet or smartphone.



what upgrade?

Smeagol150


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
JTMc wrote:what upgrade?



Samsung Evolution Kit

Via BestBuy (Sold out right now)

Allows you to upgrade the TV with a quad-core chip that enhances the Smart features to the 2013 level. Better motion controls, updated smart hub, and Samsung touch remote.

Smeagol150


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150

As an extra point, I would recommend the Samsung Wireless Keyboard as an accessory. Would help navigating the Web Browser and certain apps. Some, such as the Netflix app for Samsung TVs, don't have support for the keyboard yet.

adr5


quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5

No thanks. After Samdung screwed me over with my last TV from them, I avoid them at all costs. It's not good customer service to deny knowledge of a defect that is all over the web. Then when you finally own up to the problem, you don't want to cover the costs.

drdweiss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdweiss

an extra 1/3 premium for 3-d? i can get a headache cheaper.....

btb604


quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb604

I bought the Samsung UN40ES6100 in January and I am amazed how nice the picture I, to clear at first. It's like the actors are in the same room with a live show. Took awhile to get use to it to. Love it, and I am broke or I would buy this for my office to replace my Vizio.

grantmt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages grantmt

This is a beautiful TV. It is feature rich and the edge to picture slim bezel is very stylish. Sure there are larger TVs out there for less money from some third tier provider, but none that look this good on the wall.

btb604


quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb604
adr5 wrote:No thanks. After Samdung screwed me over with my last TV from them, I avoid them at all costs. It's not good customer service to deny knowledge of a defect that is all over the web. Then when you finally own up to the problem, you don't want to cover the costs.



My friend got burned too. TV started showing line in it and it might be the same as you, a known issue only to be denied by Samsung. After he went public on Facebook, they came around and helped out some. He ended up buying a Wally World TV after that expensive lesson.

Before that, I had a brand new laptop that they tried to fix twice. I should have just took it back for a refund when I had the chance.

theroseknows


quality posts: 1 Private Messages theroseknows
satyenshah wrote:Samsung is quick to abandon support and development for last year's models, so I wouldn't be surprised if lots of apps stopped working because of lack of updates by 2014.

If you want Wifi and Apps you're better off with a $100 set top box like a Roku or Apple TV, than you are buying a TV with the functionality built-in.



This is not a minor point, either. It reminds me of those tv's that used to come with built-in DVD and VCR players. Once one of them breaks, you are screwed. Similarly, once support for the apps is gone this is nothing more than a really nice tv. Which it is, but the question then becomes "Would you pay $999 for this tv if it didn't have those capabilities?"

And that is not an unimportant question to ask here, because you are absolutely right that most apps will not work as early as next year. If you got the update they may work for a year longer, but still...

A tv with similar specs and just as nice a picture which does not have internal Wi-Fi/app capabilities is going to save you a bundle over this unit and will still be fully functional in 2 years.

poppagene


quality posts: 0 Private Messages poppagene
Smeagol150 wrote:As an extra point, I would recommend the Samsung Wireless Keyboard as an accessory. Would help navigating the Web Browser and certain apps. Some, such as the Netflix app for Samsung TVs, don't have support for the keyboard yet.



You can use nearly any wireless keyboard and mouse with this tv. It has usb ports and bluetooth and keyboard/mouse can be either. I use the Logitech K700 http://www.rakuten.com/prod/logitech-k700-keyboard-controller-w-touchpad-for-logitech-revue-google/219622140.html?listingId=220740431 because it has a built in touchpad. The one thing to remember with a combo keyboard/touch pad is to select usb for keyboard and usb for mouse.

djmj99


quality posts: 2 Private Messages djmj99
theroseknows wrote:This is not a minor point, either. It reminds me of those tv's that used to come with built-in DVD and VCR players. Once one of them breaks, you are screwed. Similarly, once support for the apps is gone this is nothing more than a really nice tv. Which it is, but the question then becomes "Would you pay $999 for this tv if it didn't have those capabilities?"

And that is not an unimportant question to ask here, because you are absolutely right that most apps will not work as early as next year. If you got the update they may work for a year longer, but still...

A tv with similar specs and just as nice a picture which does not have internal Wi-Fi/app capabilities is going to save you a bundle over this unit and will still be fully functional in 2 years.



Not sure where some of you get this ridiculous notion. I have this same TV (46" smart) from their 2011 product line. I get updates for the smart hub and apps on a regular basis and everything works smoothly. Some people just love to play the hater. Bottom line: Samsung STILL makes the best sets on the planet.

zopheus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zopheus

Also available from Bestbuy online for $999 (price only visible after you put it into your cart).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/46%22+Class+(45-9/10%22+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4837437.p?id=1218540192660&skuId=4837437&st=UN46ES7500FXZA&cp=1&lp=1

nocode


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocode
theroseknows wrote:A tv with similar specs and just as nice a picture which does not have internal Wi-Fi/app capabilities is going to save you a bundle over this unit and will still be fully functional in 2 years.



I'd like to see a TV with similar specs without the WiFi capabilities that has as good of a picture as these Samsung models with a cheaper price point. Just because it's 1080p does not mean these all have the same picture quality.

My only recommendation for this TV is to get a decent sound system or a soundbar. These new thin TV's all have weak speakers and it's pretty much expected to have a decent sound system for it.

crocxxx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocxxx

The deal killer: Active 3D. That is if you're buying it because of the 3D.

ottcamp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ottcamp
btb604 wrote:My friend got burned too. TV started showing line in it and it might be the same as you, a known issue only to be denied by Samsung. After he went public on Facebook, they came around and helped out some. He ended up buying a Wally World TV after that expensive lesson.

Before that, I had a brand new laptop that they tried to fix twice. I should have just took it back for a refund when I had the chance.



I agree. I too had a 40 inch Samsung TV that has had a bad capacitor issue at 1 year, and a bad panel. There ended up being a class action suit for the capacitor issue and they still wont help with the panel. Just replaced with a 47' Panasonic. It is beautiful, and it feels even better to know I did not buy another Samsung anything! Samsung customer service is almost non existent.

JHaslett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JHaslett
idz21 wrote:Soooooo u're really NOT in the market for a new 46" tv



Well considering I got my 47" for 500 bucks, I'd say he is, probably just not this $1000 one. So way to go there on being nice, sport.

coffeedragon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeedragon

Bought this TV in 40" when it was on Woot a few months ago and it's fantastic! Colors and contrast are great, built in cam for Skype is pretty cool and I can stream from Spotify directly to the TV. Kick-ass!

Make sure you look up the screen calibration tips to setup your configuration. Out of the box it looks good but there's a lot of room for improvement by tweaking!