4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

Woot! and so ends the fun. Anyways, Lots O Pots.

lichme

quality posts: 2779 Private Messages lichme

Item: KitchenAid Cookware Set - 2 Styles
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $27 Two-Day OR $30 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
swifijon wrote:Woot! and so ends the fun. Anyways, Lots O Pots.

Lots O Pot sounds fun to me!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

azncowcompactor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azncowcompactor

the handles can get quite hot, fyi (otherwise a nice set, the tulip shape is helpful in pouring)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on model 82545 over at amazon

caa88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caa88

Found some reviews on Amazon.

The Stainless Steel set has 4.4 stars and 120 reviews.

The Anodized Steel set has a 4.4 star rating with 44 reviews.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

First let's just say Stainless Steel is the way to go. ( Did you notice that to try to "even" the sets out they offered an extra pot w/ lid of the non-stick? )

Ok. Down to business.
Yes, good reviews at Amazon, as noted by other fine Wootizens. But Amazon does not have the SS set available to be able to compare prices. What to do ?
A little digging perhaps ?
A shopping guide has Amazon's price for the SS set ( yes same set number, etc.. and even the link to it at 'zom ) .
Price they were selling it at ? $152.09.
Here w/ship it is $134. A savings of @12%. Not a jump up and down number, but, of course, Zom is out of stock. And 12% is still 12% .

The next lowest price on the net I could find is $199,including ship, at HomeDepot
Now we're talking solid savings.

Best feature of the SS set ?
I like that it has some copper wrapped up in the bottom. Sweet.

TL;DR : a pretty good deal !

KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock
Which is better, stainless steel or anodized nonstick?

Oh, I'm sorry! The correct answer is CAST IRON.

Hamstur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hamstur

I dumped my anodized nonstick set when it began to fail. I'll always go for SS now because it does a better job of browning. For cleaning, once the pan is cool a paste of baking soda and a little splash of water easily cleans the pans. If you don't care about the Maillard Reaction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maillard_reaction but you do care about super fast cleaning, then go with the nonstick.

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet

The handles get HOT on these pans. I have several KitchenAid skillets (bought within a short time from each other) . They start out great but over time they stick! Mine have never seen any metal utensils, dishwasher, abrasive scrubbing but they still stick.

allidavie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allidavie

I have a similar set to the SS version - mine aren't tulip shaped, but are also the all-clad copper sandwich deal. These are great pots and pans for the price, and I've been very happy with them. I generally use cast iron for searing stuff, so I'm used to always using something to guard the handle, they do get hot. These cook very evenly, don't buckle, and are a very good deal for the quality.

fanuminski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fanuminski

I've had a similar Kitchen Aid nonstick for over 2 years now and love them. super easy to hand wash,
nice and big kettle and high sided open pan is big enough for big dishes like spaghetti.
with that said, I wouldn't hesitate to try their SS set -especially if you have kids who use metal utensils on the non stick pans -ughh

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan

I'm a big fan of hard anodized cookware. I'm not a fan of exposed rivets in non-stick cookware however. They make pans difficult to clean, especially if you get eggs or something similar stuck to the rivets. With stainless it's not a big deal, you can soak them (which you really shouldn't do with non-stick) or take an abrasive pad to them (also something you shouldn't do with non-stick).

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Another vote for stainless steel cookware. I have a set of SS and a set of non-stick hard anodized. 99% of the time I use the SS unless I am cooking something delicate, like eggs. The SS heats more evenly and cools down faster. Plus, it's not really that hard to clean. I put my SS stuff in the dishwasher, too, and they always come out ok.

What scares me about the non-stick stuff is that the non-stick coating will eventually start to peel off and you will inevitably ingest some of it. You know that's going to cause cancer at some point :P

Insert signature here.

hawaiijeno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hawaiijeno

Just remember, non-stick is a big NO if you have birds. The fumes from non-stick coating will kill pet birds.

robor007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robor007

Do the lids for the pots fit on the skillets? I like to make omelettes once in a while and you cannot make a perfect omelette without a lid on the skillet.

dariawalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariawalton

I have a different brand of nonstick cookware, and I love it. However, the brand I have has a lifetime warranty - so when a piece starts to peel, and they inevitably do, I can send it back and get a replacement, for my shipping cost to them (the replacement and return shipping to me are included in the warranty).

I think I'll pick up this set for my mom for Christmas, in stainless steel, which she will prefer.

viking099

quality posts: 4 Private Messages viking099

We've owned the stainless set since 2008, and it's been a great set to have.

One of the best things about the set is that they are pot-rack friendly. You can hook the lids onto the handles, and everything hangs on one hook, so you don't have to store the handle separately.

Cleaning is easy, we've never noticed the pot handles getting particularly hot, and they haven't discolored or anything.

The only complains I have, and it's pretty minor, is that the skillets are a little too narrow on the bottom. They're fine if you're doing a sauce or something, but if you're used to working with a traditional cast iron or Revere Ware, it may be a little frustrating.

We did have a slight problem with some pitting on the cooking surface of one of the pans when we got the original shipment. We were able to work with the vendor to get a new pan, so it wasn't a big deal. We haven't had cause to use the Kitchen Aid warranty, so can't provide any help there.

I'll be happy to check back in to answer any questions if anyone has any.

edit: I have a 5 * review up on Amazon's page.

LostJulyMusic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LostJulyMusic
lichme wrote:Item: KitchenAid Cookware Set - 2 Styles
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $27 Two-Day OR $30 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

And yet again, a useless post with the searches...

Looks like a an okay deal if you get the Andonized set.

Stainless Steel 10-pc: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-Stainless-Steel-10-Piece-Cookware/dp/B0042H5OLW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1377265011&sr=8-6&keywords=kitchenaid+cookware+set

Andonized 12-pc: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-Anodized-Nonstick-12-Piece-Cookware/dp/B0042HAVME/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377265289&sr=8-5&keywords=kitchenaid+cookware+set

Shipping is killer though on the Andonized with that seller, free for the SS. IMHO, it's only worth it for the Andonized. I suppose it's just personal preference.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 14 Private Messages billthegunowner

I purchased some KitchenAid cookware from Woot about 6 months ago and am very happy with it. It cleans up real well, heats evenly, lids fit perfectly, no complaints. If you're on the fence, go for it, you won't regret the purchase.

Bill

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
ceagee wrote:Yes, good reviews at Amazon, as noted by other fine Wootizens. But Amazon does not have the SS set available to be able to compare prices. What to do ?

Usually, it's easier to simply pull the ASIN (under Product Details on the product's Amazon page; also in the item's Amazon URL, starts with a B usually; here B000IH0WXK for the SS) and do a search for it on camelcamelcamel.com.

Even out of stock items, if it was sold, will show up in the price history. The lowest the SS set has been on Amazon, sold by Amazon, appears to be 99.99 around Thanksgiving of last year. The second lowest was around $128-129. Usual price was around $150 as your shopping guide references.

Still a good deal.

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech
dariawalton wrote:I have a different brand of nonstick cookware, and I love it. However, the brand I have has a lifetime warranty - so when a piece starts to peel, and they inevitably do, I can send it back and get a replacement, for my shipping cost to them (the replacement and return shipping to me are included in the warranty).

I think I'll pick up this set for my mom for Christmas, in stainless steel, which she will prefer.

That sounds like a pretty awesome deal! What brand?

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

I'd stick with stainless, it won't wear out and put off toxic chemicals to your food, unless you like that sorta thing.

bserinese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bserinese

I just bought a house with an induction range and haven't moved in to try it out yet. From what I read, aluminum and copper do not work well with induction. But, the specs say it will work with induction ranges. Does it work because the aluminum and copper are sandwiched in between the steel? Anyone use these with an induction range successfully? Thanks for the help!

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

You should always use stainless. They exclusively use stainless in most of the kitchens where you eat out. Nonstick are for the lazy who dont care what the coating they are slowly eating will do to them. I've been cooking for myself for 20+ years and just recently figured out how to have "nonstick" with stainless. It took just 5 minutes of research online to figure out the secret. First get the pan hot. Not too hot. It takes some trial and error to figure out what the hot enough point will be on your range without burning your oil. Mine is one number below the middle setting. This will also change depending on the oil's smoke point that your using ie butter smokes at a lot lower temp than some olive oils. Second throw a few drops of water on the hot pan. If the water dances around and wont stick to the pan its ready for your oil/butter. Add your oil and let its temperature get HOT, but without starting to smoke. I usually wait about a minute. The hot oil in a properly hot pan is the key for the food you are cooking to not stick. That's it. I was so happy to be able to fry potatoes and over easy eggs in a stainless pan without it sticking. Feel free to add more oil/butter if it evaporates too quick while cooking. Not enough oil for what your putting in the pan will make it stick again. The whole bottom of pan needs a coating, plus enough to coat the food. There you have it, non-stick without eating cancer causing chemicals. And stainless lasts for dang near forever, long after your nonstick coating has flaked off.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

robor007 wrote:Do the lids for the pots fit on the skillets? I like to make omelettes once in a while and you cannot make a perfect omelette without a lid on the skillet.

The buyer did a test and reports:

Stainless Set
The lid for the 3.5qt Saucepan fits the 8” Skillet perfectly.

Hard Anodized Set
The lid for the 8qt Stockpot fits the 10” Skillet perfectly.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jmerrill10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmerrill10

It's a floor wax!
It's a dessert topping!
Stop! You're both right!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61320

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

I have a kitchen full of Commercial Aluminum Cookware/Calphalon anodized aluminum, and it's absolutely my favorite (though I do have a few random cast iron pieces). I even have pieces my grandmother used from back in the 60's, and aside from some discoloration (mostly due to an incident a few years ago when one of my sons took his eggs out of the pan and forgot to turn the burner off) it's the best all purpose cookware I've ever used.

That said, I can't figure out for the life of me WHY companies keep ruining this great material by slapping a non stick coating on it! If you're using it properly (and yes, it takes a little practice) it ALREADY IS non stick!

I resorted to using Ebay to pick up the pieces I've wanted to round out my collection. Most of these pieces are already 20-30+years old, and I plan on passing them off to my kids when I die.

TL;DR Anodized aluminum absolutely rocks, but that stupid coating ruins the entire purpose of it.

cabaretsinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cabaretsinger
mommacomet wrote:The handles get HOT on these pans. I have several KitchenAid skillets (bought within a short time from each other) . They start out great but over time they stick! Mine have never seen any metal utensils, dishwasher, abrasive scrubbing but they still stick.

I’m a retired chef and have found that there are a number of things will make your stainless cookware stick over time. Salt and "hard" water are two of the main offenders as they leave miniscule deposits that must be removed. To make them cook (and look) like new again, I use a brillo on the inside and bottom ONLY. Rinse in HOT water and, while still hot, polish the cooking surface with Barkeeper's Friend. Then wash with soap and water and towel dry. Occasionally, the mirror finish on the outside of my professional cookware (another brand) will become scratched. If the scratch is deep, I use the same method but if it’s shallow or just looking dull, I lightly polish with Barkeeper’s only. It takes some elbow grease but even my 60+ year old Revere SS looks great!

Note: Barkeeper’s also polishes copper and brass easily. Just heat the piece up in hot water first.

zechs77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zechs77

I have to chime in here because I love this set so much. The lady got me the stainless steel set this past Xmas and I couldn't be happier with it! It's great for anybody who's ready to invest is a worthwhile pot and pan set.

The stainless steel set has a multi-layer bottom (not totally copper, but one of the layers is) and it heats quickly and shines up nicely, too. I would strongly advise against putting these through the dishwasher as they tarnish quickly- or if you've already discovered this the hard way, keep a canister of Barkeeper's Friend cleaner and polish handy- it will make them look just as good as new with a little elbow grease.

I've had these for nine months and I don't how I put up with Teflon pans for so long! This is an excellent deal and they make an amazing gift that goes a really long way.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
jdupree wrote:Feel free to add more oil/butter if it evaporates too quick while cooking. Not enough oil for what your putting in the pan will make it stick again. The whole bottom of pan needs a coating, plus enough to coat the food.

Not that I care personally, but this doesn't seem to be the best for those trying to cook/eat a bit healthier by cutting back on the oils and fats, no?

panda1101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panda1101

I just bought the non stick set. I have an old KitchenAid set and just love the quality, so here I am for the upgrade! KitchenAid is a great quality brand that had served me well for many years

dchoudhuri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchoudhuri

Any non stick cookware is not good for health.It has cancerous substances...
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/tag/non-stick-cookware

dchoudhuri

dchoudhuri wrote:Any non stick cookware is not good for health.It has cancerous substances...
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/tag/non-stick-cookware

Copper coated -stainless steel and cast iron cookware is good for health

dchoudhuri

ceramic cookware also good but very expensive. choice is yours ,risk is yours toooooooooooo

radparker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radparker

We have this nonstick set and love it. Cleans so easily. Barely needs oil for anything. The handles don't get too hot. We bought a cast iron skillet separately to cool bacon, steaks, etc. I stir fry lots of veggies, cook eggs, boil pasta, in these guys constantly.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
thewronggrape wrote:Not that I care personally, but this doesn't seem to be the best for those trying to cook/eat a bit healthier by cutting back on the oils and fats, no?

Not all oils are necessarily bad/unhealthy. Usually olive oil is healthier. I personally have been using avocado oil lately.

\

lolsuz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lolsuz
ThunderThighs wrote:The buyer did a test and reports:

Stainless Set
The lid for the 3.5qt Saucepan fits the 8” Skillet perfectly.

Hard Anodized Set
The lid for the 8qt Stockpot fits the 10” Skillet perfectly.

Thanks so much for that info! I also use a lid to make the perfect omelet... and I also use a lid to make perfect over-easy style eggs without having to flip them. With a clear lid you can watch as the surface of the yolk whitens over and you've got the perfect over easy egg. If you want to cook them further you can just wiggle the pan to see how firm the yolk is getting. Perfect every time.