quality posts: 2293 Private Messages lichme

Over 900 users give this a 4 star avg
Newegg has it at 4 stars as well for $399.99

lichme

quality posts: 2293 Private Messages lichme

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Amazon!!XD

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

bmrbill

quality posts: 121 Private Messages bmrbill

tradergeorge

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tradergeorge

I bought one of these a while back when it was selling on pretty much the same kind of deal...I also have a TF700 and I actually like this one a bit better. This is a great price for a great tablet, and the dock is included. These docks are very substantial and worth the money, even when bought separately. I bought a leather portfolio case and it has completed the package.

thePRO64

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thePRO64

I have this tablet and I love it. Primary things I do with it: watch Netflix, Reddit while watching TV, remote into work with Team Viewer, play Pokemon Sapphire, and general internet surfing.
All of those things previously required my desktop.
Keyboard is super, battery life is great, wifi is far-reaching. I would recommend this tablet to a friend at twice the price... Ok maybe 1.5 times the price.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lot's and lot's of comments from when this was sold back in January

AdamusPrime4242

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AdamusPrime4242
tradergeorge wrote:I bought one of these a while back when it was selling on pretty much the same kind of deal...I also have a TF700 and I actually like this one a bit better. This is a great price for a great tablet, and the dock is included. These docks are very substantial and worth the money, even when bought separately. I bought a leather portfolio case and it has completed the package.

Can you tell us where you find a nice leather folio too?

kopitog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kopitog

Can the angle at which the tablet is mounted in the dock be adjusted?
Also, has anyone here done any programming on Android tablets? If so, how is it?

Gabriel Kopito

sdc100

quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100

I have the predecessor to this, which had some advantages and disdadvantages, but ultimately discontinued because of WiFi and GPS problems. I love it. The CPU is snappy and the battery last and last if you turn on Aiplane Mode (no Wifi or Bluetooth) and set the CPU is the lowest speed. The display is very bright, even if you don't turn on IPS mode. Everything runs smoothly and it has not crashed in 6 months (in fact, it has never crashed). The touchscreen is appropriately responsive although there can be a lag if you use the battery saving low CPU mode. On the highest CPU mode, I was converting/compressing 30-60min videos to H264 MP4s on a daily basis -- while websurfing at the same time. I would never attempt that with a lesser processor.

Both the front and rear cameras are top rate. The rear 8 meg camera is especially nice, comparing well to the best smartphone cameras. MOvies are also nice, as is the LED flash. My TF201 unfortunately does not have stereo speakers but the sound is very good. I don't know if they put stereo speakers in this model.

The real reason I bought the Asus, though, was the keyboard (which I got used on ebay for $29.99!). NOt only do you get a true keyboard with touchpad, but there is also a high capacity battery. Once you attach the keyboard, it automatically charges the tablet while also powering it for use. That means that when you remove the keyboard, you have a freshly charged tablet.

All in all, this is an excellent laptop replacement for people who want portablity.

sdc100

kopitog wrote:Can the angle at which the tablet is mounted in the dock be adjusted?
Also, has anyone here done any programming on Android tablets? If so, how is it?

Yes, the angle is adjustable and you can leave it on and then close it like a normal laptop. That's great for protecting the touchscreen.

See Woot's photos in the Description, especially the first photo vs. the fifth photo. Note the difference in angle.

jespensc

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jespensc
kopitog wrote:Can the angle at which the tablet is mounted in the dock be adjusted?

The dock mount is a wide laptop-style hinge. It's substantial and holds the tablet solidly, but also allows adjustment to any angle. It basically feels and functions like a laptop when docked.

alextse

quality posts: 21 Private Messages alextse

I got one of these recently for my kid to use the many free educational apps that Amazon has given away. I've also added kids songs and educational videos as well. The kid LOVES it. Very intuitive for him to use. One of the best things is the keyboard dock so the tablet is angled up so he can sit up properly while using it.

One of the reasons I got this over the TF700 is that the Tegra 3 processor is really a better match for this lower screen resolution and thus has much fewer (read: none) issues with lag and skipping. Also the TF300 hardware is very similar to the Asus manufactured Nexus 7 so when an update comes out Asus is close behind for this device as there is very little tweaking needing to be done.

Lastly, I got this great silicone cover, perfect for kids!

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Transformer-TF201T-Pad300-TF300T/dp/B008B0YUBQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1378792850&sr=8-4&keywords=tf300+bobj+case

sdc100

AdamusPrime4242 wrote:Can you tell us where you find a nice leather folio too?

I just ordered this because it can protect the Transformer with its keyboard as a unit (like a laptop), or separated to protect each component separately. And it's only $17 with s/h. Although the description claims that it's leather, I doubt it, for that price. Well, maybe PU leather but not full leather. You can get it in black or brown. The link is for the TF201. Make sure you select on for the TF300.

bklamber5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bklamber5

Not a great deal as can sometimes find the Infinity with dock for $299, definitely no more than $349. Surprised charging anything over $200 for the older model Transformer.

fredNGeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredNGeorge

I'm confused. The specs say that this is the B1-BL model with a Tegra3 GPU. The specs I've found elsewhere say that the B2-BL has the Tegra and the B1 has a GeForce along with some other storage differences. Is the model info correct?

sdc100

fredNGeorge wrote:I'm confused. The specs say that this is the B1-BL model with a Tegra3 GPU. The specs I've found elsewhere say that the B2-BL has the Tegra and the B1 has a GeForce along with some other storage differences. Is the model info correct?

I'm not sure what specs you're citing but Woot's specs states that the Tegra 3 is the CPU (Central Procesing Unit), not the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). It further states, "Graphics: GeForce 12-Core, 3D Stereo (built-in)." In other words, it has a Tegra 3 CPU to run the tablet, and GeForce GPU to handle the graphics.

fredNGeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredNGeorge
sdc100 wrote:I'm not sure what specs you're citing but Woot's specs states that the Tegra 3 is the CPU (Central Procesing Unit), not the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). It further states, "Graphics: GeForce 12-Core, 3D Stereo (built-in)." In other words, it has a Tegra 3 CPU to run the tablet, and GeForce GPU to handle the graphics.

That's what I get for skimming. I'm not confused anymore. And in for one!

sdc100

fredNGeorge wrote:That's what I get for skimming. I'm not confused anymore. And in for one!

Heh ... at 3am, it's not easy to distinguish between "CPU" and "GPU" -- especially while skimming. I think Woot should give me a commission for making this sale!

jbytes05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbytes05

If I buy the tablet, is it worth it to add the 1-year Square Trade Protection Plan?

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

Got mine on eBay. Just search "transformer prime case"...

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

My laptop died about 4 months ago and I decided to buy a tablet. Did a lot of research and even though the iPad always comes out on top, I didn't want to spend that much money. Found this and a keyboard (refurbs from 2 different places) and I spent $325 total for the two. I LOVE it! Yes, there are some minor things being that it is an Android, but once you get past that, it does what I need it to do.

msjoanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msjoanne
RaiseAkitas wrote:Referbs, referbs, referbs. Sorry, I am not into buying items that have either been used or returned for some reason. Sorry, that's just my opinion. I'm not indicating that anything is wrong with these items. Just a preference. Just seems like Woot sells 90% referbed items anymore. Didn't use to be like that.

Refurbs are 100% tested. New items go through random sampling QA ( if that). I've bought everything from Apple iPods to large televisions at SIGNIFICANT savings and have yet to regret a single purchase. I've actually come to prefer refurbs because I know they're going to work.

drthomasho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthomasho

I got one of these from Woot in December and liked it just fine except for the lag in response when I would try to do something. Recently, it has been resetting RANDOMLY making it useless. I haven't had time to figure out what's wrong so I Just ordered one of those Samsung Galaxy Tabs which Woot offered on Sunday.

I WAS a fan of Asus until the keyboard on my NEW Vivobook x202e ultrabook stopped working recently. Fortunately, it's under warranty so it's supposed to come back today.

I now prefer Samsung

chrisautrey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrisautrey

I love my TF300. Not so thrilled with Asus repair service. Mine has had broken GPS since I got it, and multiple trips back to them with it being "fixed" returned the same defective device that was supposedly quality checked. Their answer was to yet another RMA.

And Woot, there is zero reason you can't ship these to APO addresses. The lithium battery ban is long gone. You need to fix this.

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63

I need to replace my 1st version iPad but don't want to spend that much. Would I be able to get the same game apps on this tablet? Is there anything my iPad an do that this can't? Thx for feedback.

chrisautrey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrisautrey
thanson63 wrote:I need to replace my 1st version iPad but don't want to spend that much. Would I be able to get the same game apps on this tablet? Is there anything my iPad an do that this can't? Thx for feedback.

I have this and an iPad 4 from work. I can find a lot of the same apps for both, but sometimes as crippleware on one and the full on the other or vice versa. I like the iPad form factor more for reading, but find that I use this one for all the other stuff more. You will likely find that it will work for you just fine.

wootatchakobsadotnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootatchakobsadotnet

Is there any use for more than one tablet per person?

With the neverending flood of tablets on Woot I wonder how they continue to sell any (if they do) to the presumably pretty repeat audience of Woot buyers.

I have an iPad 2 that I use daily and really have no complaints about. I also bought an add on keyboard for it (on Woot, come to think of it.) Is there any particular reason I should consider this or any other table sale on Woot?

I generally just ignore the tablet sales because "I already got one".

sdc100

thanson63 wrote:I need to replace my 1st version iPad but don't want to spend that much. Would I be able to get the same game apps on this tablet? Is there anything my iPad an do that this can't? Thx for feedback.

It's hard to say since we don't know what your taste is games is. The best thing to do is to visit The Google Play Store, and see what's available.

One thing this doesn't have is a a HiRes display like Retina. If you're used to such a display, the Asus's lowere resolution may be a letdown. Since you only had a iPad 1, this shouldn't be an issue.

dayohmyboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dayohmyboy

I have been rocking my ASUS TF300T with keyboard since I bought it on WOOT last November. No complaints at all. Bought myself an inexpensive cover like the one shown above and the device looks like new.

No problems with the hinge wear or screen cracking that everyone was worried about back in November.

Would buy this all over again, especially with the increased memory.

Everyone I show this to is envious of the multiple card slots, the keyboard, extended battery, and the USB. iPad owners just shake their heads!

Track pad is nice, but control is even better when I plug my wireless mouse in the USB.

That Guy

krushrpants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krushrpants

I keep seeing this tablet and it seems to be one of the best ones regularly offered on woot. Recently moved and there's a good chance I won't be able to get any sort of hardline for internet access...

I did notice under the specs it lists Wireless Data Network but didn't see any kind of 3G/4G or other, would that mean I'm out of luck with this one? Is there a version of this tablet that has a data plan option?

EDIT: Looks like the TF300TG is the one with the 3G option - bummer :/

p2367

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p2367

is there an email app, similar to Outlook Express? I'm thinking of not getting a replacement for my desktop (or, rather, replacing it with a tablet). Can I use the USB to access the hard drives I've collected from my departed Windows machines? They've got email archives and music and pics that I'd like to be able to get to.

ab40bwdrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ab40bwdrd

I am lookung for a tablet that will be compatable with the att wireless network. Does woot ever have teblets with wireless capability? Is the wireless piece something you can add or enable as far as hardware? Thanks in advance!

surveyah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surveyah

This is the one i bought on Amazon when i bought my tablet on Woot in April

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GFMM4S/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sdc100

wootatchakobsadotnet wrote:Is there any use for more than one tablet per person?

With the neverending flood of tablets on Woot I wonder how they continue to sell any (if they do) to the presumably pretty repeat audience of Woot buyers.

I have an iPad 2 that I use daily and really have no complaints about. I also bought an add on keyboard for it (on Woot, come to think of it.) Is there any particular reason I should consider this or any other table sale on Woot?

I generally just ignore the tablet sales because "I already got one".

It depends on your needs. This has a much faster CPU (Quad core Tegra 3 vs Duo Core A5), better still camera (better optics and LED flash), better video (1080p vs 720p) better display (1280x800 vs 1024x768), Gorilla Glass, real GPS and a dealbreaker for many people, microSD cards for memory expansion and ease of moving files. For example, I have different SD cards with movies, music, etc that I can simply swap in and out. No need to go through iTunes...ugh.

As for the keyboard, there is no comparison. Unlike your generic Bluetooth keyboard, this Transformer's keyboard is tightly integrated with the tablet. In fact, it's no mere keyboard; it's also a dock and charger. So while your Bluetooth keyboard is draining your iPad (due to Bluetooth), this keyboard is doing the opposite: It charges the tablet, giving you up to 15 hrs of operation. And you get a real touchpad, making it a true laptop replacement. For me, editing a paper is much easier with a cursor and mouse/touchpad than a touchscreen. Finally, you also get a full size USB port on the keyboard for universal expandability.

With 32gb of internal memory, a 32gb microSD card in the tablet, another 32gb SD card in the keyboard's SD slot, and a 32gb USB drive, you can have a lot of memory. And when I'm editing a large video project, all those slots are filled. Speaking of editing videos, the Tegra 3 has enough power to reasonably edit/convert/compress long videos. Not so for the iPad 2.

In short, the iPad (even with a keyboard) is just a tablet. This is a true laptop replacement in power, expandability, and memory.

cydamac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cydamac

The tablet, when docked, opens and closes like a laptop. Therefore, there wouldn't be any need to adjust the mounting angle.

sdc100

p2367 wrote:is there an email app, similar to Outlook Express? I'm thinking of not getting a replacement for my desktop (or, rather, replacing it with a tablet). Can I use the USB to access the hard drives I've collected from my departed Windows machines? They've got email archives and music and pics that I'd like to be able to get to.

Yes, the keyboard has a fullsize USB port where you can plug in an external hard drive. Or you can use SD cards or USB memory to access files. If you microSD cards, you won't even need the keyboard dock because the tablet has a microSD slot.

As for Outlook, there is an official Android Outlook app but I don't know if it does what you need. Search Google Play.