quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

Item: Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum - 3 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Yellow5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Yellow5

Oh boy! Just what I was looking forward to, another vacuum! I can throw this in the closet with all my other Dyson vacuums!

moldavia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moldavia

Oh look... ANOTHER Dyson.. Come on Amaz.. I mean, Woot. Give us a break.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

I got nothin' tonight.
Carry on...

Yzzimerized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yzzimerized

Will this work with the new iPhone 5S?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2

I'm sure glad this vacuum comes in different colors. It would be horrible if you had to have a vacuum that was the same color as your friend's.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of very good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at lowes.com

bmrbill

OK, here's a Consumer Reports video showing how to choose a vacuum.
It's about in the middle of the page.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Yzzimerized wrote:Will this work with the new iPhone 5S?

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

I bought a blue DC33 when it was previously offered here and I really like it. It works great and it hasn't given me any issues. If you are in the market for a vacuum, I highly recommend this one from Woot.

trojanusc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojanusc

Hey I actually needed a new one for once - better luck for choices you like better next time guys!!! Woo hoo for me!

bmrbill

trojanusc wrote:Hey I actually needed a new one for once - better luck for choices you like better next time guys!!! Woo hoo for me!

Huh?

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

I got the factory refurbished different model Dyson and it's like new. If these are factory refurbished, which I think they are since they have a six month Dyson warranty, I had a very good experience with mine.

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

If you're in the market for a vacuum, nothing beats these. I bought one last sale. It ships from the factory and looks and works like new. These are labeled factory reconditioned on the box. I tried to find a better refurb price, but couldn't -even from overstock. Dyson even sells the refurbs on their site, but not all the time and for higher cost.
The cleaning power of these things blows other vacs out of the water. I've got a couple of cats and a dog, so hair is everywhere- various floor coverings; and this thing cleans up the place like there are no pets. I wish i'd purchased one long ago.

As for warranty- it does clearly state 6 mo for refurbs even though some people have said it might not (in prior sales).

rachelade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelade

:-)

Yzzimerized wrote:Will this work with the new iPhone 5S?

kenstogie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenstogie

I have one that was on sale (refurb) at Big Lots. Not sure if this one is a refurb or not. Anyway to somewhat critical here's my take on it.....

Suction? Yea it's got that in droves. and them some.

Wish they figured a better cord management so I didn't have to manually rewind

When using the wand it pulls on the machine dragging it along. Wish it were not as "springy"

Edges work quite well

Works quited well on plain floors

Perfect no but it does work and works well. I just think with just a little more thought this could've been the perfect vacuum. JM2CW.

PatMcNJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PatMcNJ

I have a much older (yellow) DC33. We beat the hell out of it, and it still works great. 2 dogs here, Shiba Inus that shed. AND, my husband tends to use it as a shop vac for home projects, when he does not feel like dragging out his actual large shop vac. (lots of dry stuff like sawdust, and dust from sanding sheetrock mud). I do not recommend this, FYI. I watched videos on YouTube on how to break the vacuum down and clean it all out, and that really helps after this sort of activity.

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61

Consumer Reports always rates Dysons middle of the pack. Can anyone comment on this or similar model's performance compared to one of the top rated Hoover bagged vacs? My priorities for a new vac are carpet cleaning, especially pet hair, and clean emissions.

melmains

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melmains

Why anyone would design a vacuum that cannot reach under a toe kick is beyond any rational response. Yes, the front end is too stumpy to fit under a cabinet. So stupid. Reason enough, alone, to pass on this.

jaelitabonita

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaelitabonita

Can anyone say for certain if these are factory refurbished? I can't find it in the product details.

wootevil

quality posts: 21 Private Messages wootevil

I recently purchased the DC33 and love it. It is much lighter and has better suction than the DC07 that I had for 10 years before the hoses cracked. Don't be discouraged by "refurbished", my DC07 was refurbished and worked great and you would never know it wasn't factory new. If I didn't already have the DC33 I would be buying this one.

kristanhoffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristanhoffman

How do these compare to the more famous "ball" models?

Our vacuum is burning out (after 7 good years, in fairness) and we're kind of hoping to get our first Dyson off Woot. But this particular one looks so much like our current vacuum (of a different brand) that it's not a very exciting prospect... :P

jflanag3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jflanag3

Very unsatisfied, but using rugs instead of carpets. Sometimes, when using rugs, the worst noise I've ever heard come out of a vacuum cleaner. I called Dyson to get some resolution, but they told me that it was designed that way and there was nothing they would do about it, even though it was covered under warranty. I only have rugs, but I definitely would not buy again.

Jodyfi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jodyfi

I'd love to get a Dyson but they are ALL so HEAVY!! I've had 3 back surgeries & need one that only weighs 10 to 12 pounds. Can anyone suggest a Dyson like that?? Thanks in advance for your help.

superrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superrad

I've been saving up for one of these. Now, what color is best?

/what?

freynoldsjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freynoldsjr

Great deal. I love my dyson.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

If you haven't signed up with Square Trade, they've been sending 30% off offers the last few weeks, practically daily or at least every other day or two. Been thinking about getting a Dyson; my brother loves his. I just checked on Square Trade and the 3 year vacuum policy is showing me a 3 year for $29.99, before the 30% discount, and cheaper than the one offered on Woot's page, $31.99 for 1 year.

Or, order a new one from Kohls, with the 5 year warranty, for $450, less 30% Kohl's coupon when using Kohl's card (FALL30) brings it to $315, plus $60 back in Kohl's Cash. Plus tax (and only half the tax if I pick it up in a different county).

Debating (leary about getting a refurb)...

MinistrOfJustiz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MinistrOfJustiz
crktfrog wrote:
The cleaning power of these things blows other vacs out of the water.

Where do you get a vacuum that works underwater? I don't know why, but I feel like I need one of those now...

mypcrepairguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mypcrepairguy

Good deal, Thanks Woot! Just snagged the blue one. I have been waiting on purchasing a vac for the past several months, looking for one that did carpet and hardwood...this fits the bill nicely and is cheap(ish) to boot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jaelitabonita wrote:Can anyone say for certain if these are factory refurbished? I can't find it in the product details.

Whoops, we had it listed as "Refurbished" instead of "Factory Reconditioned". That's fixed now.

Yes, these are Factory Reconditioned and have a 6 month Dyson warranty.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sfhobbs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sfhobbs

One other plus for the Dyson vac is ease of doing minor repairs. I carelessly sucked up a Sharpie marker! I knew this could not be a good thing but wasn't sure what to do. It resulted in a total loss of power to the wand. After watching a brief YouTube tutorial on how to find blockages, I was able to quickly disconnect a part, find the pen (along with a whole bunch of other stuff that contributed to the block), and reassemble -- all in less than a couple of minutes. No tools needed, no special knowledge. I've never had a vacuum cleaner that was so easy to fix.

trojanusc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojanusc

"Huh?"

For those that complained about it being up on the plate tonight....

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I can't wait to buy a refurbished one of these:

I'm not quite sure what kind of warranty and whether or not Dyson refurbished (or factory reconditioned, recertified used) , or some other woot approved reputable 3rd party.

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327

Anyone know if the wheels on the bottom are rubberized? I was really interested in being able to use this on hardwoods, but don't want to risk scratching the floor up over time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chaseg327 wrote:Anyone know if the wheels on the bottom are rubberized? I was really interested in being able to use this on hardwoods, but don't want to risk scratching the floor up over time.

The things you guys ask....

Took a look at the white sample. Hard plastic wheels.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327
ThunderThighs wrote:The things you guys ask....

Took a look at the white sample. Hard plastic wheels.

Bit of a weird question, I know, lol. Thanks for the quick response though!

stringali

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stringali

This is a great vacuum at an outstanding price! I bought this the last time out was on woot, at it does a great job with the floors. It is my second Dyson and is wonderful. This one only has 2 attachments so just be aware of that. It arrives and looks brand new, can't tell it is a return item. Like new!