WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ferrari Watches

Who knows what mysteries lie in the hearts of Ferraris? Perhaps they're thinking about running wild and free along the plains of this great nation. Or maybe just sugar cubes. If I had to bet, though, I'd say they're thinking about that scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. And they're watching, waiting. Plotting ever so patiently.
Ferrari Watches official site

cwinter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwinter

WOW! That much money for quartz watches. Wherein really the irony of these lies: A Ferrari owner would never buy a watch like this simply due to the fact that it has no pedigree. Those that can't afford a Ferrari might, but it is questionable why. For $300 to $600 you can get a Swiss Made Automatic from an actual watchmaker. :-/

MosquitoControl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages MosquitoControl
cwinter wrote:WOW! That much money for quartz watches. Wherein really the irony of these lies: A Ferrari owner would never buy a watch like this simply due to the fact that it has no pedigree. Those that can't afford a Ferrari might, but it is questionable why. For $300 to $600 you can get a Swiss Made Automatic from an actual watchmaker. :-/



Nothing says "nouveau riche" like the guy saying he'd buy a Ferrari if only it came in automatic!

Anyway, judging by the names, these are F1 inspired, not consumer-Ferrari inspired, meaning for race fans not Ferrari owners. The Ferrari owners have their own, exclusive, $50k watch. And yes, it's an automatic.

cwinter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwinter
MosquitoControl wrote:Nothing says "nouveau riche" like the guy saying he'd buy a Ferrari if only it came in automatic!



I guess the F1 drivers are all nouveau riche...which modern Ferrari is even still available with a manual?

I drove a 599 GTB before with the F1 6-Spd Sequential...I am not sure I'd want that car with a true manual.

All jokes aside, I get it, but man, that is quite a price to pay for F1 fanship...I like F1, but I'd almost feel the Tag Heuer F1 watches would be a better deal, though those are mostly quartz too and they ask for $1,500 MSRP on them...

blue_94_trooper


quality posts: 9 Private Messages blue_94_trooper

I wonder who actually makes these. Clearly it's not Ferrari.

blue_94_trooper


quality posts: 9 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
cwinter wrote:For $300 to $600 you can get a Swiss Made Automatic from an actual watchmaker.



From an actual watchmaker anybody has heard of?

cwinter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwinter
blue_94_trooper wrote:From an actual watchmaker anybody has heard of?



Sure, Seiko or Hamilton come to mind, but plenty others. ETA/Valjoux automatics aren't that expensive. Once you go to in-house movements it starts getting pricey...

ophmarketing


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
cwinter wrote:Sure, Seiko or Hamilton come to mind, but plenty others. ETA/Valjoux automatics aren't that expensive. Once you go to in-house movements it starts getting pricey...



Seiko isn't Swiss. But you can definitely pick up a nice automatic Hamilton or Tissot for $600.

blue_94_trooper


quality posts: 9 Private Messages blue_94_trooper

I really don't pay that much attention. I just know that prices have gone haywire since I got my Breitling 12 years ago.

jashotwe1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jashotwe1

Ferrari 10IPBCGFC is $300 on Woot; $279.99 on WorldofWatch.com with free shipping.

wmargaritis


quality posts: 8 Private Messages wmargaritis

Staff

jashotwe1 wrote:Ferrari 10IPBCGFC is $300 on Woot; $279.99 on WorldofWatch.com with free shipping.



It's showing as $340 for me:
http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?iq=1&bo_products_id=0&bo_products_variance_id=142514

In the future, it'd be helpful if you post links when you post comparisons. We're always happy to make sure you guys get the greatest deals ever, but we need to see where you're looking to do so!

cwinter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwinter
ophmarketing wrote:Seiko isn't Swiss. But you can definitely pick up a nice automatic Hamilton or Tissot for $600.



True, Seiko isn't Swiss and some of their movements are pretty cheap, but they are still automatic movements. Not sure what is worse, a cheap quartz or a cheap automatic.

Thanks for the Tissot reminder. They make excellent automatics in that price range.

jjdche


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jjdche

Why would I spend $300 on a Ferrari watch when I could get a Porsche keychain for the same price?

jspot35


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspot35

When I first saw this watch, I thought WOW what cheese ball poser would actually buy this without owning a Ferrari? But, I actually do like the way these look... I guess I am an F1 fan as well! May have to pull the trigger here. hmmmm decisions.

crossphaded


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crossphaded

Not made by Hublot or Tag Heuer or Panerai or Rolex? Its like buying a faux F430 kit car thats really a Pontiac Fiero!
Pass.

only whiteboyz say w00t! =P

narquespamley


quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

If I could afford a Ferrari, I'd definitely buy a better watch than this.

honeybadger12


quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12
jjdche wrote:Why would I spend $300 on a Ferrari watch when I could get a Porsche keychain for the same price?



Notice how the woot with the Porsche products disappeared off the site? I searched for it on GoogleNSA and found the page, with all items labeled "SOLD OUT".. Porsche must not have liked the comments being posted.

MosquitoControl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages MosquitoControl
honeybadger12 wrote:Notice how the woot with the Porsche products disappeared off the site? I searched for it on GoogleNSA and found the page, with all items labeled "SOLD OUT".. Porsche must not have liked the comments being posted.



Notice how every sale on this site disappears after 4 days, with items appearing as sold out?

Bione


quality posts: 19 Private Messages Bione

I know the Woot! main page is supposed to show the best of every category but I completely missed these for a few days because they weren't housed under the Accessories & Watches Woot! page.

What is the point of having a page devoted to watches if you list watches elsewhere?

Pass, because the one I wanted is sold out...

mattfury


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattfury

RE: Seiko
FWIW, Seiko may not be Swiss, but they do work every bit as good as the great Swiss houses, if not better. Sure, they make some cheap watches (and some of them are even excellent, especially considering the price-point [eg the 'Monsters/]), but their upper-end lines -not sold officially in the States-, Grand Seiko et al, puts all the commoditized brands to shame (Tag, Omega et al) and, at the very last, stand toe-to-toe with Rolex and many others, at a much better price to boot. And forget about fashion/department store watches - they're not even in the same league.Seiko uses only in-house movements, which can't be said for too many of the "great" Swiss manufactures. They're also pushing technology, through quartz/mechanical hybrids (Spring Drive, etc), producing some lines with accuracy measured to the YEAR, not the month. There're videos around of the Grand Seiko factory that should give you an idea of the meticulous work they do.

FWIW, I only a Seiko "Black Monster" - a dive watch that you can buy new for $200'ish, and beats almost any other sport-watch retailing <$1000. I'm also on my second Rolex, a 14060M Submariner. Now, do I like the Sub more? Yeah, I do, but not by a I like turtles!-ton...and I paid >10x as much for my (used) Sub than I did for my brand new Seiko.

So yeah, Seiko don't play.

vegasbet


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegasbet
jjdche wrote:Why would I spend $300 on a Ferrari watch when I could get a Porsche keychain for the same price?



HAHAHAHAHA. Funniest post i've ever read on this site!

lwang


quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang
mattfury wrote:FWIW, I only a Seiko "Black Monster" - a dive watch that you can buy new for $200'ish, and beats almost any other sport-watch retailing <$1000.



But you can get a $2000 Invicta for $69, thus it checkmates the Seiko monsters.

anilkumar007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anilkumar007

guys , i purchased a watch on 12th, it still shows not shipped, did any of you see the same or its only me feeling annoyed

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper
anilkumar007 wrote:guys , i purchased a watch on 12th, it still shows not shipped, did any of you see the same or its only me feeling annoyed



I'm experiencing the same thing. I ordered mine on the 12th as well. However, I just received a message that the information has been sent to FedEx. Maybe it will be here in another week or so.

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper

Also, to all the haters of this watch who don't actually have one in hand: Let's keep it real and compare apples to apples. We know this isn't a Tag Heuer, Rolex, Breitling, etc. I surmise it is a NOVELTY watch for the Ferrari fan. No big deal. I think it's a fair bet that a Fossil, Kenneth Cole, Guess, Michael Kors, Bulova or other faux "quality" watches with quartz movement as well aren't any superior. As for "Invicta" watches, gimme a break, I'll pass. If this watch isn't any good, oh well. We'll wear it when Ferraris are making laps on race day. Hopefully the Ferrari logo doesn't fall off after the watch fogs up from a poor seal. All that aside, I scooped one up and am looking forward to putting it through its paces. Cheers gang and happy wooting! Woot (Amazon) has an interesting model of inciting possibly unsubstantiated excitement and need for consumption by the masses (hey, that's me too!) for liquidating schtuff for those wanting to unload products that have sat on the shelf too long, clever. Can you hear the revenue generation? Listen closely while we shell out our hard earned cash.

P.S. Love the quip about the price of a Porsche keychain a few posts earlier! You might be a shoe in for America's Got Talent!

lachebr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lachebr
anilkumar007 wrote:guys , i purchased a watch on 12th, it still shows not shipped, did any of you see the same or its only me feeling annoyed



I ordered mine on 9/16/13...no shipping info yet :-(

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lachebr wrote:I ordered mine on 9/16/13...no shipping info yet :-(



Shipping usually takes 3-5 business days. I would say that if you don't see any updates to your tracking by tomorrow to email support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to assist you.

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

matimans


quality posts: 0 Private Messages matimans
ROGETRAY wrote:Shipping usually takes 3-5 business days. I would say that if you don't see any updates to your tracking by tomorrow to email support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to assist you.



no shipping info yet !! :@

lachebr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lachebr
ROGETRAY wrote:Shipping usually takes 3-5 business days. I would say that if you don't see any updates to your tracking by tomorrow to email support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to assist you.



Thanks. My shipping info came this morning. It shipped last Friday :-)

anilkumar007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anilkumar007
lachebr wrote:Thanks. My shipping info came this morning. It shipped last Friday :-)



i got my tracking num on 19th, when i gave a call to fedex since status is not updating online, they said its still not shipped out and status is still same today. woot support said it will ship out in 5 - 8 days after purchase date.

dbarrym


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbarrym

Anyone have shipping status other than "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 9/16...it's been 9 days since then, and it's still not shipped.

Really?

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper
dbarrym wrote:Anyone have shipping status other than "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 9/16...it's been 9 days since then, and it's still not shipped.

Really?



Same for me. Shipping initiated on 9/16. I emailed woot! support and they replied they are following up with their "vendor" on status of shipment. I hope this works out and we don't end up receiving a subpar or 'counterfeit' product from some unidentified "vendor." I wonder what it takes to qualify as a "vendor" for woot. I'm sure I'll be directed to the FAQ if it is a documented process :-)

I'm a bit troubled with this purchase at this point and will likely not fall for a potential bait and switch again unless proven otherwise. Too bad. I guess when 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is' _might_ apply in this case. Perhaps that sounds a bit weighty but the reality is I don't know what the true status is on this product. Heck, maybe I'm just having a tough week! I'll hold out for final judgment. Should I be wrong in any of my perceived negative statements of this particular transaction I will gladly correct them if things are sorted satisfactorily. Take care fellow Ferrari watch seekers and wooters!

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper

Hi folks. I just got an alert from FedEx that the item has been picked up by FedEx and is on the way! Estimated delivery date is Tue. 10/1! I'll keep you posted and hope that yours are all on the way soon as well.

anilkumar007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anilkumar007

yay!!! mine too .... finally!!

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper
anilkumar007 wrote:yay!!! mine too .... finally!!



Awesome!

Let's keep in touch until the watch arrives and then we can discuss how we like the product once we have it.
Cheers!

dbarrym


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbarrym
pbtyper wrote:Awesome!

Let's keep in touch until the watch arrives and then we can discuss how we like the product once we have it.
Cheers!



Still no update on mine, ordered early AM on 9/13. Woot customer service says "The orders for this particular product experienced an issue and our staff is currently ooking into this...Your tracking data should automatically update once the carrier scans resume on it."

I appreciate the reply, but a more substantial response would be appropriate.

mokco


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mokco

Hmmmm...still waiting for mine - FedEx still says "Initiated" from Hollywood, FL; Woot support says "thanks for your continued patience" - I feel like I ordered an item from that Schticky guy that takes 4-8 weeks for processing and shipping. I say that we all deserve a Bandolier of Carrots for having to wait as Woot sorts out the vendor.

psmithcinci


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psmithcinci
mokco wrote:Hmmmm...still waiting for mine - FedEx still says "Initiated" from Hollywood, FL; Woot support says "thanks for your continued patience" - I feel like I ordered an item from that Schticky guy that takes 4-8 weeks for processing and shipping. I say that we all deserve a Bandolier of Carrots for having to wait as Woot sorts out the vendor.



Having the same issues as others--shipping "initiated" but not actually received and in process at FedEx. Woot support is slow and unhelpful. There are long delays to get emails that essentially have said write back in a couple more days rather than actually telling me when the product will ship.

They have suggested a refund, but I expect them to honor the deal.

pbtyper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper
psmithcinci wrote:Having the same issues as others--shipping "initiated" but not actually received and in process at FedEx. Woot support is slow and unhelpful. There are long delays to get emails that essentially have said write back in a couple more days rather than actually telling me when the product will ship.

They have suggested a refund, but I expect them to honor the deal.



Hi gang,

I received my watch yesterday. I like it. It met my expectations. It certainly isn't the *best* watch ever but it is a nice watch overall. I was able to remove the links as necessary to size it without a jeweler. There are screws that hold the links in place. With careful removal using a _small_ screwdriver (emphasize small, like the one you find in an eyeglass repair kit) I was able to get the job done. The biggest hurdle was ensuring the link was lined up properly when re-attaching the rod. You might consider putting an end of the unused rod in the opposing side to line it up while you screw in the primary link rod.

In any case, despite taking longer than expected to arrive I'm satisfied with my purchase overall. The watch is solid and as long as you don't expect Rolex or Tag Heuer quality, for example, I hope you feel the same way.

Best wishes to everyone and I hope your watch arrives soon!

super9000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages super9000

I didn't know that the Ferrari company makes watches too, it's awesomely cool! Still Ferrari 360 Spider is one of my favorite cars( I'm a teenager and I'm just saying I like Ferrari products and cars, so I don't drive a car).