quality posts: 2838 Private Messages lichme

Item: 800TC 6pc Sheet Set - 6 Colors - 2 Sizes
Price: $44.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

cnwinton

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cnwinton

Cotton polyester yet again? Almost certain to pill. I'll pass.

kenlibcampbell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenlibcampbell

Any particular Brand?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
kenlibcampbell wrote:Any particular Brand?

they won't tell you the brand name on these. so no checking reviews or prices.

I always did like yardsales.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kenlibcampbell wrote:Any particular Brand?

We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible. Sorry, but no name.

EDIT: What luke975 said...

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3454 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about thread count

scotchnsodie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotchnsodie
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's learn all about thread count

Exactly. Claims of 800 thread count are dubious at best. So, are they still worth it?

w4jle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages w4jle

Martha Stewart says it would be gauche to sleep on anything less than 1200 count.

Calling an Illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

I would be VERY willing to pay more $$$ for some nice 100% cotton sheets...

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Sateen shests suck, especially with polyester, might s well wrap yourself in plastic. They don't breathe.

fat50strat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fat50strat

Bought 500TC poly cotton from woot a while back. They felt AMAZING WHEN I put them on the bed. Then they were washed twice. Pilling everywhere. Can't recommend, I's an exclusive full cotton man now. Food for thought.

I was drunk for my first woot...now I can't stop coming here.

nkardos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nkardos

You must have mistaken us for farm animals, nobody wants to sleep on this. Next it'll be "1000 tc made 55% recycled bricks and 45% recycled driftwood."

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari
w4jle wrote:Martha Stewart says it would be gauche to sleep on anything less than 1200 count.

Yeah well who cares what that convicted felon has to say. Thread count doesn't mean jack in regards to comfort.

darenka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darenka

bleeeeh.

With all that polyester, they could be 1500 thread count and it still would be over-priced cleaning rags.

This is about full retail for these sheets. The woot got taken on this 'deal'.

allthedogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allthedogs

23.30 2013 10 02 pst.
Anyone else notice that the pictures showing the different colors all have the EXACT SAME WRINKLES! Looks like a PS job that changed the color of ONE picture. They could have called in a hotel maid who could change the sheets and pillow cases in less then a minute. Then the other five pictures would show the REAL colors and their own wrinkles.

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
w4jle wrote:Martha Stewart says it would be gauche to sleep on anything less than 1200 count.

lol agreed

smaziarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smaziarz
nkardos wrote:You must have mistaken us for farm animals, nobody wants to sleep on this. Next it'll be "1000 tc made 55% recycled bricks and 45% recycled driftwood."

Hilarious! Thanks for my morning chuckle.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

It's kinda like sleeping in this (I'm sure that this is 800 thread count also):

drmaxdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drmaxdog

I made the mistake of buying these not too long ago on Woot. It was my own fault, I totally know better, but was in a rush and purchased without realizing that they were cotton/polyester. I don't care what the thread count is - if you like your sheets soft - NO POLYESTER! I must admit, I washed them a few times, no pilling. But even my husband, who is oblivious about fabric, commented that there was something "different" about the sheets that they were "rough or something". Yeah, that something is polyester. So off the master bed and onto the guest room bed where they will only be used infrequently.

fsword

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsword

I bought a set of these last time they were on Woot. I would not buy them again. They ar every thin and ripped about only a few uses. Very poor quality.

TheFockinPikey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFockinPikey

Yugster has 1000TC 100% cotton sheets today, for less.

http://www.yugster.com/

Edit: added hyperlink

mikebrown33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebrown33

I bought the supposed 1200TC sheets last go round, they are not as comfortable as my 600TC sheets that are 100% cotton. I'd be wary of these supposed 800TC sheets.

dwayneam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwayneam

I bought these last time, They are OK, but wouldn't buy them again:
http://home.woot.com/offers/800tc-6pc-sheet-set-5-colors-2-sizes.

"Sateen weave for a super soft and luxurious finish" ... #TheCakeIsALie

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
nkardos wrote:You must have mistaken us for farm animals, nobody wants to sleep on this. Next it'll be "1000 tc made 55% recycled bricks and 45% recycled driftwood."

C'mon this HAS to be tagged as a quality post. It certainly added quality to my morning!

jschrock182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschrock182
kcmark wrote:C'mon this HAS to be tagged as a quality post. It certainly added quality to my morning!

I agree! Mine Too!

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk
fat50strat wrote:Bought 500TC poly cotton from woot a while back. They felt AMAZING WHEN I put them on the bed. Then they were washed twice. Pilling everywhere. Can't recommend, I's an exclusive full cotton man now. Food for thought.

Thank you!

mickrusk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickrusk

I can't purchase these without knowing the pocket depth. Did I miss that spec?

gapotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gapotter

800TC is NOT 800 Thread Count

For some reason, sheets like this appear all over the place falsely advertising 800+ thread count.

It is some new way of softening a 300 to 400 thread count sheet so that it feels softer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mickrusk wrote:I can't purchase these without knowing the pocket depth. Did I miss that spec?

Per the features:

The fitted sheet fits mattress up to 17" deep and features all-around elastic for a secure fit

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jrentnelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrentnelli

I purchased these sheets last time they we up on woot. It is a great price but they don't feel as soft and cozy as my 400 thread count sheets. I read somewhere that the higher the tread count the rougher they will feel. Sadly I read that after I had purchased the sheets. I really bought in to the higher thread count BS. I use the sheets and they are very pretty to look at but not so great once you are in bed. I keep hoping that they will get softer as I was them.

senatord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senatord

Ah, the luxurious feel of sleeping on spun plastic. Nope. Nope. Nope. Sorry, Woot,

sassqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassqueen
jrentnelli wrote:I use the sheets and they are very pretty to look at but not so great once you are in bed.

That's what she said.

Sorry, someone had to.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
jrentnelli wrote:I purchased these sheets last time they we up on woot. It is a great price but they don't feel as soft and cozy as my 400 thread count sheets. I read somewhere that the higher the tread count the rougher they will feel. Sadly I read that after I had purchased the sheets. I really bought in to the higher thread count BS. I use the sheets and they are very pretty to look at but not so great once you are in bed. I keep hoping that they will get softer as I was them.

Thread count makes a difference with 100% cotton. It means a lot less with plastic fibers.

sizzletime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sizzletime

so nice to read the comments. I would never buy something without knowing the name brand so that you could check on quality. All of this cyber secret bull can only mean they have something to hide. You never see competitors getting mad when a brand of anything else is posted.

This is simple, NO BRAND NAME = NO PURCHASE

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

O.o and suddenly I've decided to never buy anything but cotton sheets.. thanks woot!.. err community!

rwhughesjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwhughesjr

I am not certain if these are the same sheets that were offrered about 3 months ago. They appear to be the same descirption. If so, those sheets unraveled during the first washing.

chasmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chasmay
TheFockinPikey wrote:Yugster has 1000TC 100% cotton sheets today, for less.

Yeah, but washing instructions on Yugster say: Machine washable, Gentle Cycle, Line Dry. Gentle Cycle, Line Dry? Really?

goats4sale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goats4sale

Percale is what you want. Santeen - not now, not ever. Percale.

I want to be different like everybody else.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
TheFockinPikey wrote:Yugster has 1000TC 100% cotton sheets today, for less.

Exact same set available from gearxs (another popular daily deal site) through ebay for less after shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Piece-International-Hotel-1000-Thread-Count-100-Cotton-Sheet-Set-/290981058788