12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Here is some info from the product page and a Cnet video review

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

pixelpusher220

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pixelpusher220

Consumer Reports says that shag/long carpeting aren't a good idea for robotic vacuums. Anybody confirm/deny?

r0xor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages r0xor
pixelpusher220 wrote:Consumer Reports says that shag/long carpeting aren't a good idea for robotic vacuums. Anybody confirm/deny?

I had a shag rug from Costco and a Neato XV12. It can get on top of it and move around but very slow and often it would give up and start beeping with "Unable to navigate" error.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a review

r0xor

My Neato makes the carpet look like freshly-cut lawn.

isnoop

quality posts: 9 Private Messages isnoop

The main floor of our house is a large circular path of rooms (entry <-> dining <-> kitchen <-> living <-> entry).

Will the Neato have trouble reliably cleaning all of these areas?

aathman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aathman
isnoop wrote:The main floor of our house is a large circular path of rooms (entry <-> dining <-> kitchen <-> living <-> entry).

I have a similar layout with some off-shoots, and Neato does navigate it all eventually. It always takes the longest path back to the charger however, as it must keep track of how it got there and reverses that path.

goatcrapp

quality posts: 17 Private Messages goatcrapp

"Pro-Robotic" - I read this as "pro-biotic" and was rather confused for a sec.

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
r0xor wrote:My Neato makes the carpet look like freshly-cut lawn.

neato

ang987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ang987
goatcrapp wrote:"Pro-Robotic" - I read this as "pro-biotic" and was rather confused for a sec.

LOL. i looked at this and thought- what on earth are they talking about? wow, they can do that now too? and was about to go read the description but then read twice and understood. probiotic, really!

badhabit12

quality posts: 15 Private Messages badhabit12
r0xor wrote:My Neato makes the carpet look like freshly-cut lawn.

---------------------------------

If you live in an empty home with no furniture or children leaving items on the floor and scads of vacant space I can see how it works great! My home actually has furniture though and is crowded with lifes accumulation ..... Don't see it working for me.
:-)

I should post a picture for comparison .... The above picture can be "How you imagine it should be ...and mine could be actual "Reality" ...lol

shovalomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shovalomer

Seriously.... Is New-Open Box really new? Will everything get here as it should?

mountainmanzach

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mountainmanzach
badhabit12 wrote:---------------------------------

If you live in an empty home with no furniture or children leaving items on the floor and scads of vacant space I can see how it works great! My home actually has furniture though and is crowded with lifes accumulation ..... Don't see it working for me

I have furniture and a cat who leaves his toys everywhere, and the XV14 works just fine for me (as far as I can tell, all the models have identical software). Sometimes it'll get stuck on a smaller toy, but given that it runs every day, it's fine. I should also mention that the dog occasionally has an accident inside. Cleaning poop out of a robotic vacuum is just as ridiculous as it sounds. I am fortunate she is a Chihuahua and is on a dry diet.

bulfroggie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bulfroggie

I have a similar one from a much earlier sale. They work much better than Roombas which I've also used.

A note on the software updates: I *think* every Neato uses the same software, which means you get snazzy new updates even for older models. I just updated my 1-2 year old Neato and it's even 'smarter' than it was before.

As with any robotic vac, you do have to maintain a certain level of clean floors or it will push things around and there's potential to get stuck - but it doesn't happen very often for me anymore. I have 2 dogs in the house and the associated bowls and toys. The worst problem Neato seems to have is sometimes pushing the toys under the couch.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I always love it when the marketing hypsters add the word "Pro" to a product.

A "Pro" product used to mean it was made to be used by professionals, as in folks who would make a living with the product.

I have this image of some guy who buys a flock of these to vacuum other people's living rooms for a small fee.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

carverd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carverd
radi0j0hn wrote:

I have this image of some guy who buys a flock of these to vacuum other people's living rooms for a small fee.

Best...Business Idea...EVAR. In for 75

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shovalomer wrote:Seriously.... Is New-Open Box really new? Will everything get here as it should?

I have on GOOD authority that the boxes may not even be open. So yes, all the parts will be there.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tilmer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tilmer

I have an older model (XV-11) and the exact same layout you are talking about. We have the Neato programmed to run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It does a great job. It's not as thorough as a human with a wand attachment and so forth, but generally cleans pretty well. It takes three passes to get everything done, but the little guy scurries back to the charger, recharges and starts back up where it left off until the job is done. I don't know if I am imagining this or not, but it actually seems like the longer we use it, the smarter it gets about avoiding problems. The first couple of times it seemed to get confused in a couple of tight corners and it missed getting into a little alcove area, but now it seems to have "learned" and does better. Weird. Definitely very cool though. We had a Roomba first, but the Neato is much better with its much more logical mapping/striping method. Better than Roomba's "pinball" approach in my opinion.

isnoop wrote:The main floor of our house is a large circular path of rooms (entry <-> dining <-> kitchen <-> living <-> entry).

btrotta

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btrotta

Heresy! It's not a Roomba. First they bring in a non Leak Frog leak detector and now this? Do those corporate suits over at Amazon have no sense of Woot! history and corporate culture? Next thing you know they'll be tossing the monkeys on the scrap heap and bringing in Screaming Woot Aardvarks.

gesnerj59

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gesnerj59

I bought the XV-21 10/5/12. The batteries went bad in August and they shipped me a new set for free. Very good customer service on other questions for them as well. Software upgraded at about the same time, on line, free.
Ours runs MWF in a 1200 square foot ranch. Usually makes at least one trip to the charging station. We have hardwood in all the rooms but one. One thing they don't tell you is that it will only make three trips to recharge and then it's done. Figured this out when the batteries were going bad, as it had to recharge more often. You'd think that it would just keep going until it's done, but apparently not from our experience.
Keep the dirt bin emptied after every run.
Keep string or shoe laces out of the way.
Flimsey floor mats can be problematic.
Hope you don't have a pukey/poopy pet - not good...

Love it. Would def. by another.

coachshot99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachshot99
pixelpusher220 wrote:Consumer Reports says that shag/long carpeting aren't a good idea for robotic vacuums. Anybody confirm/deny?

I have the Neato XV11. Works great on tile and wood. Much better cleaning system than any of my three Roomba's i previously used. Not so good on carpet. Uses a pattern (amazing to watch) rather than random bouncing around the room like Roomba.

coldfire49009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldfire49009

NOOOO I wanted the cheaper one!

acw114

quality posts: 8 Private Messages acw114

Bought the Neato 21 in August. Have about 2000 square feet downstairs and the Neato works wonderfully. 3/4 of downstairs is oak floor, the rest is flagstone (therefore uneven). Neato does a super job. Navigates around furnitures, hops over doorway lips. Goes back to recharge itself and continues on where it left off a couple hours later. My floors look very clean and the little buggar still comes back with dirt in it every time (I empty the bin after each use because I like seeing what it is picked up).

As a Roomba owner for years and years, I now much prefer Neato. The cleaning is methodical, mapped out and no area is missed whereas the romba works by bumping its way around the Roomba hoping for the law of averages to work.

MajorLoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MajorLoon

I snapped up the Neato XV 21 when it was offered a few days ago and it works well in my cluttered home. The Neato struggled manfully with all the dust and long pet hair.

Initially, I had to rescue it several times to empty its dust bin on its first runs. Now that it has done a thorough cleaning, it works remarkably well and I love it.

I suspect a deep shag carpet might defeat it, but regular carpets and bare floors are all swept clean. It works better in the dining room when I hang the chairs from the table.

You can update the software, but it comes with the latest version. This is a well engineered product and the status report displays make it easy to use.

rls5098

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rls5098

I bought the pet and allergy model on Woot a while back and I could not be happier.

As others have said, it cleans 95% of the house really well. The only touch up vacuuming (if at all) is the 1/2" to 1" around the walls that it can't get.

Taking 5 min or so to pick up misc stuff, shoes and dog toys in my case, goes a long way to having it run smoothly while you're away.

normad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages normad

I bought the XV21 when it was offered a couple months ago. It is an amazing product and my wife instantly fell in love with it. We live in an 1100 sq. foot house with 3 kids under 7 and 3 dogs. On a dirt road. So, yeah, it gets the job done, and does it well!

This thing has amazed me at how well it navigates and works around and over obstacles. To finish our 1100 square foot house, Robovac usually has to recharge one time. It's really neat how it maps out rooms and methodically hits every square inch. And, I read complaints about it not getting up close to edges, but I've yet to see that. This thing hugs cabinets and baseboards as close as you could possibly expect. As close as could get an upright vacuum.

My wife has gotten in the habit of using the magnetic blocking strip and putting it down before bed and then starting Robovac, letting him vacuum the front half of the house (den, dining room, kitchen). The next day, when everyone migrates out of the bedrooms towards the living areas and kitchen, she puts Robovac on the other side of the magnetic block and lets him hit the hallway, all 3 bedrooms and both bathrooms.

We've been using it now for a little over two months have zero complaints. Very good product, well worth the money.

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313

In all seriousness, I've had a XV-12 w/ upgraded pet kit (effectively makes it an XV-21) for two years. About the only obstacle that sometimes gave it issues at our ~1400sqft townhouse was that it would beach itself trying to climb over the bottom an Ikea Poang chair. It's been boxed up the last few months as we finish building our new house which is more like 2600sqft, so I'll be interested to see how much it can handle on a single charge of that larger space.

mike968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike968
mountainmanzach wrote:I have furniture and a cat who leaves his toys everywhere, and the XV14 works just fine for me (as far as I can tell, all the models have identical software). Sometimes it'll get stuck on a smaller toy, but given that it runs every day, it's fine. I should also mention that the dog occasionally has an accident inside. Cleaning poop out of a robotic vacuum is just as ridiculous as it sounds. I am fortunate she is a Chihuahua and is on a dry diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRzHaD5bg2s

bearcatnation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearcatnation

How does this compare with XV-21? Thinking of buying it for a home with hardwood floors and multiple pets.

Thanks.

craigsweet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigsweet

We have been waiting for a good price on one a robotic vacuum. My wife is a bit selective when it comes to items such as this and I wanted to know the return policy on this particular item. In examining the Woot "Terms & Conditions," it states "Some items may not be returnable or refundable. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Woot does not take title to the refunded item. Woot does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center." It would appear that Woot is selective about returns so I wanted to ask about this particular item. Thanks.

Craig R. Sweet, M.D.

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug

I've got 3 questions I'm hoping people can help me with.

Anybody had one of these long enough to comment on how long batteries last before needing to be replaced? That is, not how long a charge will last, but how long before they will no longer hold a charge. I've got 3 Roombas that I like just fine as far as operation, except they seem to need new batteries about every 8 months to a year, and about $50 per battery, for 3 of them, I've given up. I ran my Roombas once a week, and on carpet, which I know will use more battery than I saw the one comment from somebody who said theirs about 10 months (Oct through the following August) and Neato replaced their battery for free, but I doubt they'll do that beyond the 1 year warranty. And on their web site it looks like replacement batteries are $80, which they don't even have in stock right now.

2nd, how do you stop these from going into another area? The Roomba had those ifrared stations you could place around. I see this comes with a 6' "barrier" but I'm not sure how that works. And I would need a couple of them, and 6' isn't long enough for one of them. I have a couple of stairs I need to protect it against. I'm sure it has a stair detector, as did the Roomba, but it's not very good on the Roomba. It's carpeted stairs which aren't a hard corner for it to detect, and if it hit the stairs at the wrong angle the stair detection wouldn't catch it in time to stop it tumbling over. One of my stairs is an entry way up from the front door that is about 10' wide. And I have another set of stairs down to another area (split level house) in the same area.

Last, I see it says it has different brushes for carpet vs. hardwood/linoleum. My main floor is a combination of both (carpet in living & dining rooms, linoleum in kitchen, a circular path in the main floor of the house). With its ability to do multiple rooms by returning and charging and going out again, will it do well on the other floor surface with the same brush? And in that case, any recommendations on which brush to use? (I'm sure I can do trial and error, but just wondering if anyone has experience with this.) Or will I need to block off the kitchen and have it do the the carpet one day, swap out the brush and do the kitchen another day? In which case, I'm going to need even more barriers.

All in all, I had the 3 roombas (at $199 each for 2, and the 3rd somebody gave me) and enough of the infrared markers, I just placed them set them on a schedule, and it did everything itself, other than having to empty the dirt bin. This sounds like I may have to be changing brushes and moving barriers on a regular basis. And might have to spend a bunch of money on additional barriers too.

Thanks for any comments based on experience.

knottsjer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knottsjer

Just got done w/ a 60 day trial of one of these. Works really well, cleans better than Roomba or HomBot, gets the whole room. Much louder than the above, but set it to work while you aren't home. A screw fell out of the wheel and I assume was sucked up by the vacuum, forcing me to return it. But it cleans better than any other model I've found so far!! CAN BE FOUND FOR CHEAPER ON OTHER SITES RIGHT NOW USING COUPONS

acw114

quality posts: 8 Private Messages acw114
clhug wrote:I've got 3 questions I'm hoping people can help me with.

Anybody had one of these long enough to comment on how long batteries last before needing to be replaced? That is, not how long a charge will last, but how long before they will no longer hold a charge. I've got 3 Roombas that I like just fine as far as operation, except they seem to need new batteries about every 8 months to a year, and about $50 per battery, for 3 of them, I've given up. I ran my Roombas once a week, and on carpet, which I know will use more battery than I saw the one comment from somebody who said theirs about 10 months (Oct through the following August) and Neato replaced their battery for free, but I doubt they'll do that beyond the 1 year warranty. And on their web site it looks like replacement batteries are $80, which they don't even have in stock right now.

2nd, how do you stop these from going into another area? The Roomba had those ifrared stations you could place around. I see this comes with a 6' "barrier" but I'm not sure how that works. And I would need a couple of them, and 6' isn't long enough for one of them. I have a couple of stairs I need to protect it against. I'm sure it has a stair detector, as did the Roomba, but it's not very good on the Roomba. It's carpeted stairs which aren't a hard corner for it to detect, and if it hit the stairs at the wrong angle the stair detection wouldn't catch it in time to stop it tumbling over. One of my stairs is an entry way up from the front door that is about 10' wide. And I have another set of stairs down to another area (split level house) in the same area.

Last, I see it says it has different brushes for carpet vs. hardwood/linoleum. My main floor is a combination of both (carpet in living & dining rooms, linoleum in kitchen, a circular path in the main floor of the house). With its ability to do multiple rooms by returning and charging and going out again, will it do well on the other floor surface with the same brush? And in that case, any recommendations on which brush to use? (I'm sure I can do trial and error, but just wondering if anyone has experience with this.) Or will I need to block off the kitchen and have it do the the carpet one day, swap out the brush and do the kitchen another day? In which case, I'm going to need even more barriers.

All in all, I had the 3 roombas (at $199 each for 2, and the 3rd somebody gave me) and enough of the infrared markers, I just placed them set them on a schedule, and it did everything itself, other than having to empty the dirt bin. This sounds like I may have to be changing brushes and moving barriers on a regular basis. And might have to spend a bunch of money on additional barriers too.

Thanks for any comments based on experience.

Can't comment on the first question because we've only owned it 2-3 months.

2) It comes with magnetic strips that you place on the ground and that acts as a wall.

johnstuff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnstuff

We have the XV11 with pet upgrade (you definitely want the brush if you have a pet or a wife!!!)

Absolutely love it. It does slow down a bit on the carpet, but it gets the job done. Have followed it up with our woot bought dyson and it missed nothing!

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
acw114 wrote:Can't comment on the first question because we've only owned it 2-3 months.

2) It comes with magnetic strips that you place on the ground and that acts as a wall.

It appears that it's a single 6' strip. Can this be cut to length and used in different areas? But I'm still going to need more than 6' length too in one spot, and in a couple of different spots at the same time. I guess it looks like I can purchase additional strips from their site at $30 for a 13' length.

r0xor

clhug wrote: Can this be cut to length and used in different areas?

Yes it can and is meant to be used like that

Primate71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primate71

I've had 6 Neato vacuums. The first three I got all stopped working after they kept saying the wheel was stuck.

The remaining three worked for some time but now no longer are useful.

One has the stuck wheel warning and refuses to do anything. The remaining two run for about 5 minutes then don't make it back to the charger.

While they were great when they worked, they might as well be garbage now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

craigsweet wrote:We have been waiting for a good price on one a robotic vacuum. My wife is a bit selective when it comes to items such as this and I wanted to know the return policy on this particular item. In examining the Woot "Terms & Conditions," it states "Some items may not be returnable or refundable. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Woot does not take title to the refunded item. Woot does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center." It would appear that Woot is selective about returns so I wanted to ask about this particular item. Thanks.

The Woot FAQ answers it pretty well. Pretty much just defects only.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items