capguncowboy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy

lol

Lance19

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Lance19

"Hmmm...maybe I CAN run away from those cheesy comments I posted on YouTube!"

lolamarya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lolamarya

If I had an extra grand laying around, I'd actually buy this. I work from home, 12 hr shifts and I need to get off my ass more, lol.

phileoca

quality posts: 12 Private Messages phileoca

The video said Best buy has it for 1299. Woot, why you saying is 1999?

/frowns

My wife woots too

Kev50027

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Kev50027

Great, sell me boxes of chocolates then post this up to make me feel guilty. It worked. Now I'll walk on a treadmill while eating my chocolates.

112elmst

quality posts: 5 Private Messages 112elmst

Granted I'm not up on fashion, (my wardrobe consists of Woot! shirts and 10 pairs of the exact same pants) but since when do people work out in dress shirts and pants?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Good" review over at pcmag.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about lifespanfitness

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

What kind of shoes is that guy wearing?

CincyE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CincyE

Fitness desk...Hilarious! Is it April 1st?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
112elmst wrote:Granted I'm not up on fashion, (my wardrobe consists of Woot! shirts and 10 pairs of the exact same pants) but since when do people work out in dress shirts and pants?

It plays into the whole idea that you will be walking on the treadmill while working at your desk. I have always thought this idea would never really work, people calling would hear huffing and puffing and your ability to type quickly and effectively would be greatly diminished.

I guess though a business could always give this treadmill/desk to a person that they want to quit.

darraghr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darraghr

This could possibly be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Is this a gag gift? At least install a video cam so we can see a fail compelation video down the line. Does it come with an ab blaster? If so, then I'm in.

caramil3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages caramil3

as if work isn't hard enough and now you want me to exercise? I don't think so...pass!

Bizarro!

kickingitinkansas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickingitinkansas

This looks like the one that I saw Jimmy Kimmel on...

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

I needed this when I was addicted to world of warcraft

-

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron
kickingitinkansas wrote:This looks like the one that I saw Jimmy Kimmel on...

It is.

coderfromthebay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coderfromthebay

Good review in consumer reports this month...saw this last week on news.

MaxAwesome

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MaxAwesome

I've built my own tread-desk before. We had a pretty nice treadmill that we bought by itself for $999, and IKEA sells a desk called the Jerker (not making that up) that is perfect for the task. You take a jig-saw to the table-top of the Jerker to accommodate the treadmill's console, and then you arrange the shelves so that you can dock a laptop, and once you get your monitor set up (either via arm, or mounted to a wall in front of the treadmill as was my method) you're set.

People saying this can't possibly work: You're not running a half marathon here. You're walking at maaaaybe a brisk pace, and maaaybe an incline of 1-3% here. It's enough to burn about 200 calories in ~30 minutes or so. Wouldn't you like to burn 200 calories while reading your morning email? I sure as hell did!

Sadly, moving to a top-floor meant I had to get rid of the thing, but it was a blessing as I work from home the majority of the time.

The only concern I have with this treadmill desk is that it will be neither an awesome desk or an awesome treadmill, but probably a mediocre blend of both.

All-in-all, tread-desks are amazing, and once I have the space for it again I will build another.

coderfromthebay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coderfromthebay
wisenekt wrote:It plays into the whole idea that you will be walking on the treadmill while working at your desk. I have always thought this idea would never really work, people calling would hear huffing and puffing and your ability to type quickly and effectively would be greatly diminished.

I guess though a business could always give this treadmill/desk to a person that they want to quit.

If you are huffing and puffing from walking...you got issues

showcaller

quality posts: 34 Private Messages showcaller

I don't think this is a very good deal. I am sure the treadmill desk does exactly what it is supposed to do as advertised... but what happens if the guy in the picture also shows up at your door as part of the delivery? You have to feed him, give him the extra bedroom, probably have to buy another TV, (which probably isn't too bad - just wait for another one on Woot.) clothe him, pay for his medical insurance. How does he get around? I assume he can probably walk to most places because it appears he gets a fair amount of exercise when you are not using it.

This is probably a good deal but just be prepared to have a long term visitor if you buy it.

connorstevens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connorstevens
coderfromthebay wrote:Good review in consumer reports this month...saw this last week on news.

If interested...check out the review from Mashable

DanGrossman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DanGrossman

You can ghetto build your own treadmill desk for about $300 in under 20 minutes. Get the Confidence Plus treadmill on Amazon for $199/FS:

http://www.amazon.com/Confidence-Power-Motorized-Electric-Treadmill/dp/B004TGWUPE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1381643921&sr=8-8&keywords=treadmill

Two bolts remove the handles, leaving you with just the part you walk on. Get a tall desk like the Fredrik from IKEA for $99 or so and put the treadmill under it.

Lots of people have done it. There are complete guides to building your own treadmill desk in the Amazon reviews of the one above.

connorstevens

conanthelibrarian wrote:"Good" review over at pcmag.com

Thanks....video review pretty good too

acanarelli

quality posts: 263 Private Messages acanarelli

Maybe I'm way off base, but I NEVER get the urge to mix two distinctly different efforts. If I want to work, I sit at my desk and get to my work, on the other hand, if I want to exercise, I get on one of my treadmills (one of which I purchased here on Woot) and get down to exercise. I will probably NEVER buy something that's made for a dual purpose, as my experience shows me that neither purpose is ever completely satisfied.

When I sit at my desk for work, I need to focus on my task and concentrate on my work...I don't need to walk at the same time. And when I exercise, I prefer to concentrate on that effort only. Sometimes a bit of music goes will with walking but never anything more taxing. So now we have a very nice desk without a chair, which in my opinion makes a lousy desk. Then we have what could be a very nice treadmill which is made to compliment working at your desk...and this makes a lousy treadmill. Just look at what the treadmill CAN NOT do. It can't walk you above 4 MPH, it can't simulate walking up hill, it has no exercise programs and it's missing many features that good treadmills always have. Thanks for reading my rant.

connorstevens

lichme wrote:Item: LifeSpan Fitness Treadmill Desk
Price: $999.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

5 hondo cheaper than amazon....great deal

mdwyerfoo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

I had this exact set!

First of all, ignore the guy who said to build your own for $300. That will work for a while, but this one is engineered to run at sloooow speeds for days on end without overheating or burning something.

It won't go over 4mph, but you're going to find it hard to run a mouse after about 2.

The table is STURDY, and surprisingly large. The integrated cable management is nice. The safety clip is a joke and you'll break it first thing, though. Also never EVER try to move it with the cables still attached, lest you break off the 9-pin plug.

Finally, the bluetooth features are kind of a joke. When you push the bluetooth button, it briefly becomes a serial device that dumps out the contents of the controller. You don't get any live tracking or remote control, just point-in-time snapshots. Also, you'll only get those features with their proprietary software, which requires a login to their fitness site.

Still, I liked it! I only sold it because I was moving. There's something nice about turning your daily surfing into something actually good for you.

breakinggood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breakinggood

This is all about moving and not sitting...so much research about our sedentary lifestyles and the issues it is creating. Good to see a products like this and being used at companies like Google, Microsoft and others...here's to hoping my boss sees the light

Rozie13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Rozie13

This desk is Vlogbrothers / Nerdfighter approved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSH9ffjmg8

DFTBA!

I do NOT have this product, but I wish I did. I personally use a faux treadmill desk daily: I just slapped a board across the handlebars of a regular treadmill and prop my laptop there. However...
- the motor makes a hot, smokey smell around the 50 minute mark
- I have reduced area to run / walk without banging into the board
- it's not very sturdy; if I banged the desk, my laptop would go flying
- the height happens to be perfect for me for typing at my 5"4 height- my husband, at 5"6, can't type comfortably with it.

SO: I wish I had this one instead!!

If you've got the dough and are open to a lifestyle change, this is AWESOME.

ericshmerick

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ericshmerick

So, what we have here is a $500 shipping charge on top of a $100 junk treadmill. Also, where's the computer in the main photo? It's a mystery.

Balance is sweet, sweet Woot profit.

Just buy the cheapest treadmill you can find (after all you are only walking on it slowly) and get an Ikea/cheap stand to put your laptop on.

$2k retail? Ok.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

I just purchased the TR5000-DT7 Treadmill Desk for $3000. As I was looking I said to myself that Woot should/would have this soon.

This is a awesome product! The differences between their models is slight. My desk can go up and down electrically and the treadmill in mine is heavy duty with almost no mainenence necessary. The fit and finish is outstanding. The design is revolutionary.

As I researched the treadmill desks I quickly discovered that the lifespan fitness products were the best ones in the marketplace.
The woot price is outstanding!! You will save $500.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 38 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

This is a great treadmill for the right person. Quality manufacturer with a good reputation, good reviews from people who actually owned one. Definitely a safe purchase. Whether you think it's worth a thousand to you is a personal decision. I see it as a metaphor for the treadmill of our mundane lives, spent staring at computer screens wasting away our days with gaming, social media, and on line shopping.

ewyrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewyrick
darraghr wrote:This could possibly be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Is this a gag gift? At least install a video cam so we can see a fail compelation video down the line. Does it come with an ab blaster? If so, then I'm in.

Someday, when you have chronic back pain that makes it nearly impossible to sit for more than a few minutes without pain, you'll get this concept. Meanwhile, it might be good to take a moment now and then to see beyond your own eyeballs.

CatCK

quality posts: 51 Private Messages CatCK
lolamarya wrote:If I had an extra grand laying around, I'd actually buy this. I work from home, 12 hr shifts and I need to get off my ass more, lol.

Me too. My chiropractor keeps telling me to get one of these. However, besides the cost, space is an issue for me.

ewaldjw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewaldjw
showcaller wrote:I don't think this is a very good deal. I am sure the treadmill desk does exactly what it is supposed to do as advertised... but what happens if the guy in the picture also shows up at your door as part of the delivery? You have to feed him, give him the extra bedroom, probably have to buy another TV, (which probably isn't too bad - just wait for another one on Woot.) clothe him, pay for his medical insurance. How does he get around? I assume he can probably walk to most places because it appears he gets a fair amount of exercise when you are not using it.

This is probably a good deal but just be prepared to have a long term visitor if you buy it.

Buy the desk. Sell the man.

13 - Woots
1 - Accessories.woot
1 - Tech.woot
2 - Home.woots
3 - Sport.woots
26 - Shirt.woots
3 - Sellout.woots

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I have this exact desk for working at home and LOVE it. I can walk and type at 2.5 mph comfortably and can read just fine at 3 - 3.5 mph. I have to do a lot of both and it's great to get some steps in while burning a few extra calories. I can actually walk on this for longer at a stretch than I can sit at my desk. I have two laptops, a 25" monitor, a tablet, wireless keyboards & mice, etc. On the desk. My husband calls it my geekvana. I have been wanting to get one for my office at work. Now if I hadnt just paid a couple thou for surgery for my cat...

grant4698

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grant4698
damorere wrote:I have this exact desk for working at home and LOVE it. I can walk and type at 2.5 mph comfortably and can read just fine at 3 - 3.5 mph. I have to do a lot of both and it's great to get some steps in while burning a few extra calories. I can actually walk on this for longer at a stretch than I can sit at my desk. I have two laptops, a 25" monitor, a tablet, wireless keyboards & mice, etc. On the desk. My husband calls it my geekvana. I have been wanting to get one for my office at work. Now if I hadnt just paid a couple thou for surgery for my cat...

Thanks for feedback...new to woot and this will be my first purchase. was wondering what all would fit on the desk...sounds like you are not missing anything. hopefully cat is well

lucashenry72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucashenry72

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/tech/Consumer-Reports-Treadmill-Desks-Workout-at-Work-226499921.html saw this last week on TV and wanted...this deal pushed me over the top. can't wait to start walking and working and get off my arse all day!