Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

Item: Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/29/2013 - $179.99 - 42 comment(s)

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on the Blue model over at bestbuy.com or the Purple model over at The O

manjar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manjar

Bought a reconditioned Dyson here a few months ago. Was dead on arrival. Got the runaround from woot! ("call Dyson") and Dyson ("we don't support that model"), but was eventually able to get a refund from woot! Quite a lot of money to pay for a reconditioned hand vac that may not work at all and is not confidently backed by the manufacturer or retailer.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com and target.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's take a look, courtesy of Which?

happypuppy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages happypuppy

Just a word of warning for those who are on the fence... I ordered this exact same model last time around, except they had sent me a DC35 Animal model instead of the DC35 Multi Floor model (purple color).

Now, I am well aware that the Animal model is actually more expensive than the Multi Floor (Google it), because the Animal model (when purchased new) comes with another brush tool. While the actual vacuum itself is literally the same technology, it was misleading because the Multi Floor purple is very different than the Animal purple. And it will say DC35 Animal on the vacuum body.

So... unless you really don't care about the shade of purple you get, and you don't care that it reads "Animal", then by all means, go for it. But it bothered me that they advertise it as the Multi Floor model, when in fact, they sent me a refurb Animal body, with Multi Floor tools. YMMV?

Pretty sure I just have a bit of OCD. :P

RaiseAkitas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaiseAkitas

My ex has a Dyson vac and they have decent suction but are very cheap feeling. I own a Filter Queen and would never switch to a Dyson.

iamthe1toknow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthe1toknow

My battery died after 1 yr, now it only runs for 3 seconds at a time

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

We have 2 of these, we're happy with both of them. We bought the 1st almost 3 years ago, the 2nd was 2 years ago. No problems, they work great and 1 is used daily. Plenty of power.

Even our maid bought herself 1 at Best Buy just so she had it for her other job b/c their small vac was terrible. She didn't know we got most of the Dyson's here.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

nlevake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nlevake

I have a very ancient model- probably from the first production. It still runs perfectly _except_ for the battery. It's a simple matter to purchase the replacement, and much less than even a refurb model (I want to say about $100); I just haven't done it yet. So- it still runs valiantly for about 15 seconds at a shot, which is usually about what I need, and the cycle of wanting a new battery yet not getting one perpetuates itself.

Re: animal vs all floors, it is my understanding that the bodies are the same; it is the attachment packages that vary. I also have an all floors upright, which has been trouble-free since the early 2000's. My main workhorses, though, are a pair of Roombas...

scherrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scherrm

For those who are hoping to remove pet hair from upholstery, the tool in the picture showing pet hair on a couch looks like the motorhead assembly, which is not included in the specs of this vac. It sells on Amazon for $34.99.

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba

Maybe this is a stupid or irrelevant question but....

Do they look as good in real life as they do in the RENDERED pictures? Seriously Woot, you can't take an actual picture of your product? Maybe one of it actually being used, even in a made-up semi-realisitic info-mercial scene.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

happypuppy wrote:Just a word of warning for those who are on the fence... I ordered this exact same model last time around, except they had sent me a DC35 Animal model instead of the DC35 Multi Floor model (purple color).

Now, I am well aware that the Animal model is actually more expensive than the Multi Floor (Google it), because the Animal model (when purchased new) comes with another brush tool. While the actual vacuum itself is literally the same technology, it was misleading because the Multi Floor purple is very different than the Animal purple. And it will say DC35 Animal on the vacuum body.

So... unless you really don't care about the shade of purple you get, and you don't care that it reads "Animal", then by all means, go for it. But it bothered me that they advertise it as the Multi Floor model, when in fact, they sent me a refurb Animal body, with Multi Floor tools. YMMV?

Pretty sure I just have a bit of OCD. :P

The only difference between the Animal version and the Multiple Floor is an attachment. That attachment is not included in Factory Reconditioned Dysons. That's why we called it a Multi Floor. I believe Dyson uses purple only on the Animal model.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

slowmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowmail
scherrm wrote:For those who are hoping to remove pet hair from upholstery, the tool in the picture showing pet hair on a couch looks like the motorhead assembly, which is not included in the specs of this vac. It sells on Amazon for $34.99.

If you're thinking of buying the above, you might like to look into the DC44 Refurbished ($229.99) on Amazon instead.

However, against pet hair, the Dyson Tangle Free Turbine ($61.99) should work better instead.
(Edited: Sorry, it seem this attachment isn't compatible with the DC35...)

rdbarajas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdbarajas

Similar experience to a few others here. I bought this last time it came up. Worked for a week and dead. No recharging. I actually had a good experience with Dyson customer service and they immediately shipped me a new battery. Has worked just fun since then. But I am pessimistic now as another poster mentioned the battery dying after a year. Refurbished warranties are only 6 months correct? But for now, after the initial hiccup, it is solid.

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005

Heck of a lot of money for a dust buster. Just my 2 cents.

rascul22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rascul22
nmill005 wrote:Heck of a lot of money for a dust buster. Just my 2 cents.

I bought it to replace my dust buster and find it far superior in terms of cleaning capability, power, and ease of cleaning (just click the latch over the bin and out falls all the dirt!). Mine worked like a charm on arrival after the 3.5 hours of charge as directed by Dyson (got a refurb about a week or so ago). I've been using it heavily and do not regret the purchase.

mlewie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlewie

Bought a refurb unit earlier in the year to pick up dog hair on tile and wood floors. Yes, $180 is a bit much but the Dyson is far more effective than other $80-$100 units we've had in the past. I'm ok with paying a bit more for something that works and so far, so good.

amyrfisher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyrfisher

Perfect for NYC appartment. Great customer service from Dyson.

Justen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Justen

Bought it one of the last times around. Does great on wood floors for pet hair which is what I needed because I dislike dragging out a huge machine for that. My 5 year old now does it with this. He has no problem. Not sure I would rely on it for carpeted anything however except maybe a spot pickup. No complaints. You can tell this is not a carpet vacuum. So far (knock on wood) the battery is fine and it's been a few months. Enjoy.

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

I got this one on Woot about 6 to 8 months ago and I love it. Picked it off the wall last night and went around the house getting dust bunnies etc for a few minutes. More suction than any hand held I have used. (I guess I need to throw away that B&D hand held we still have that wont pick up anything due to no suction.)

werker28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werker28

i have the (yellow) gold model which i bought brand new. even new the battery didn't last very long, 10 to 15 mins tops. when the battery finally died i bought a replacement on amazon. now i can vacuum my truck AND car with it. it works great and we really like it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scherrm wrote:For those who are hoping to remove pet hair from upholstery, the tool in the picture showing pet hair on a couch looks like the motorhead assembly, which is not included in the specs of this vac. It sells on Amazon for $34.99.

Good info! Thanks for hunting that up. We should probably remove that photo though. I'll email the team.

lapoltba wrote:Maybe this is a stupid or irrelevant question but....

Do they look as good in real life as they do in the RENDERED pictures? Seriously Woot, you can't take an actual picture of your product? Maybe one of it actually being used, even in a made-up semi-realisitic info-mercial scene.

Sometimes we don't get samples of the product and have to rely on vendor art. Sometimes it's corny vendor art.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

trackzero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trackzero

These vacuums really suck.

I have a larval human still in the "drop cheerios everywhere" phase of development, the long extension for this handheld is a real back-saver. I particularly like that it's cordless...Easy to use in the house or car without running tangled nests of extension cords everywhere.

sunnysideup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnysideup
manjar wrote:Bought a reconditioned Dyson here a few months ago. Was dead on arrival. Got the runaround from woot! ("call Dyson") and Dyson ("we don't support that model"), but was eventually able to get a refund from woot! Quite a lot of money to pay for a reconditioned hand vac that may not work at all and is not confidently backed by the manufacturer or retailer.

Same thing happened to me but with a reconditioned DC floor vac from here. No suction. You are lucky you worked to get the refund. I didn't want the hassle and it was too heavy to deal with and repackage so eventually just got rid of it. Somewhat wary of reconditioned now.

bosquekathy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bosquekathy

Bought last year and my perfect gift to myself for cleanups! This is well worth dollars and recon is just like new!
Treat yourself to this great helper!

shooperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shooperman

Multi-floor? If I purchase this I can get rid of my basement, first floor, second floor and attic vacuums?

drdavidhartman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drdavidhartman
lapoltba wrote:Maybe this is a stupid or irrelevant question but....

Do they look as good in real life as they do in the RENDERED pictures? .

Yeah, they do. I ordered one from Woot the last time, and the look is probably the best thing about the vacuum. It's not bad; easy to use, kind of unspectacular suction, at least compared to a full size vac, but is it ever purty. . .

bradinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradinator

How does this compare with the DC44?

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

I bought a 5 piece set for less than that. Not sure if it was here or elsewhere. Look for a bargain, you'll find it.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

jennsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennsky

Those of you who own this product... do you find that the 15 minute battery life limiting? I want this to clean the inside of my car, and 15 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time. I'm concerned it might die before the job is finished, even on a full charge. How long does it take to recharge?

mrowan2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrowan2000

We got a new DC35 Animal last year on sale during black Friday sales. We have 4 large breed pets so we need a good tool. The suction was superb and the DC35 Animal was easy as could be to use. Unfortunately our unit only lasted a couple of weeks of daily use, and we had to return it. I guess it could not handle daily clean-up of the pet hair in our home. Or, maybe we got a lemon?

bradinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradinator
mrowan2000 wrote:We got a new DC35 Animal last year on sale during black Friday sales. We have 4 large breed pets so we need a good tool. The suction was superb and the DC35 Animal was easy as could be to use. Unfortunately our unit only lasted a couple of weeks of daily use, and we had to return it. I guess it could not handle daily clean-up of the pet hair in our home. Or, maybe we got a lemon?

Interesting,
I am interested in buying it for that reason. I have 2 dogs that shed quite a bit. I'd like using this to replace needing to sweep everyday.

preciousbusterbird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages preciousbusterbird

I bought this in February last year to augment my DC15 The Ball All Floors Dyson bought in 2007. The DC 15 is too big to get right up to the edges and corners on bare floors and it is a pain to add attachments on the DC15, I think. And I wanted something more portable when I wanted to vacuum my car.

This has worked well - it does a pretty good job on the bare floors, but will not pick up pellets of parrot food that my birds have scattered. But neither does the DC15 when the pellet is on the bare floor.

My Roomba was formerly my go to for bare floors (although it didn't pick up parrot food pellets, either). It was forgiven for that since it has the most entertainment value of any of my vacuums. However, I replaced the battery on the Roomba and it hasn't worked since.

Long story short - I like the DC35, this is a better price than last February, and I say BUY IT! :-)

tdrewmitchell

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdrewmitchell

same problem here. Except I have about 50% more battery power than you - e.g., I'm running about 4.5 seconds before it's dead. This was a woot purchase. Basically useless (and frustrating!). Was great for the first year though.

iamthe1toknow wrote:My battery died after 1 yr, now it only runs for 3 seconds at a time

tdrewmitchell

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdrewmitchell

see other messages on battery life. it will not last 15 minutes. in the beginning I would clean my car, but it would require an in-between charge. lasted about 5 or 6 minutes in the beginning. Now I'm down to a few seconds.

jennsky wrote:Those of you who own this product... do you find that the 15 minute battery life limiting? I want this to clean the inside of my car, and 15 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time. I'm concerned it might die before the job is finished, even on a full charge. How long does it take to recharge?

devincough2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devincough2

my sister bought one new and I loved it so bought the refurbed one here for a lot less about a year ago. this thing is awesome. the battery doesn't last long but long enough for most tasks. just bought another one here for my mother-in-law.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jthebird1977
tdrewmitchell wrote:same problem here. Except I have about 50% more battery power than you - e.g., I'm running about 4.5 seconds before it's dead. This was a woot purchase. Basically useless (and frustrating!). Was great for the first year though.

same battery life issue here. it will run from 1-4 seconds at a time so anytime i want to use it i have to keep pulling the trigger as soon as it cuts off (hey maybe i could sell it as a semi automatic dyson.) Mine was purchased new as part of a bundle at sam's a while back so i don't think this issue is isolated to refurb models only.
I was getting ready to say that I'm just not interested in paying dyson $90+ for a replacement battery, but then i quick searched amazon and found these replacement batteries that are much more affordable. now i just have to verify which model i have and order one.

edit - i'm a dunce sometimes. my problems are with the hand held, not the multi floor model listed today (i assume the battery technologies are the same though.) apologies...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

MoeHayNow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoeHayNow

As a person with red/green color-blindness, these both appear to be blue. I'll just have to trust you that one of them is purple.