ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ready your eatin' pants and strap on the feed bag because it's time to gorge yourself on sweet deals! We've got a little taste of everything, so don't be shy. Go back for seconds and thirds if you like. There's no judgment here.

Discuss the items for sale in the Tryptophantastic Savings here.

Oh, and since we have a few items to discuss, tell us which one you're talking about too.

Quality Posts

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brotherhalo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brotherhalo

Eatin' pants, nuthin! Time to get the sweats with elastic wasteband on!

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

Well at least I know that excessive consumption here will not be putting me to sleep.

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Some of our trucks in the fire department are showing their age... not sure the pumping capacity of the electric one up for sale would be sufficient though.;)

I do appreciate the woot-off heads up too.

shortman

quality posts: 47 Private Messages shortman

ThunderThighs

Staff

shortman wrote:I must be blind. Where's the link to this discussion?

There's no big button for today's sale. There is a link right below the blurb on the main page though.

Wait a minute?!?! How did you get here?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

Creepy dude not included...I hope.

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

You need the button. It's confusing enough to have this weirdness on the main page. Changing how we Wooters all get together to discuss is bad form. If you don't happen to find your way here, it looks like Woot is toying with the idea of losing the discussions, full stop.

shortman

ThunderThighs wrote:There's no big button for today's sale. There is a link right below the blurb on the main page though.

Ha ha. I'm a stalker. I know how to use the Community tab. :P Happy Pre-Thanksgiving.

robio

Also...

The "Tryptophantastic Savings" page just isn't Woot. I know it's supposed to look cheap and cheesy, a la Sunday circulars. But Woot has a clean, clear design (although less so than a year ago), and tarting it up even in jest is bad form.

robio

So does anyone have the Soft-Tex Gel Overlay Comfort pillows?

I'm interested in these, but made in China makes me wonder what I'd be breathing in all night.

shortman

robio wrote:Also...

The "Tryptophantastic Savings" page just isn't Woot. I know it's supposed to look cheap and cheesy, a la Sunday circulars. But Woot has a clean, clear design (although less so than a year ago), and tarting it up even in jest is bad form.

It reminds me of a Fry's Electronics newsprint ad.

robio

robio wrote:So does anyone have the Soft-Tex Gel Overlay Comfort pillows?

I'm interested in these, but made in China makes me wonder what I'd be breathing in all night.

Also, what does "Cover GSM" mean?

ThunderThighs

Staff

robio wrote:Also, what does "Cover GSM" mean?

GSM = Grams per Square Meter
It's a measurement used in fabrics.

FORUM MODERATOR

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Somehow I knew this sale was coming, I think I'm psychic.

robio

ThunderThighs wrote:GSM = Grams per Square Meter
It's a measurement used in fabrics.

Thanks. Not sure how much it helps knowing that, and Google's not much help (it seems GSM is used mostly for paper). Is higher better? Like thread count? If so, how does 250 compare to...I don't even know what to compare it to.

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000

Everybody needs a thneed...

ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Somehow I knew this sale was coming, I think I'm psychic.

Brat.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

robio wrote:Thanks. Not sure how much it helps knowing that, and Google's not much help (it seems GSM is used mostly for paper). Is higher better? Like thread count? If so, how does 250 compare to...I don't even know what to compare it to.

How about this. It's talking about towels but the idea is the same.

FORUM MODERATOR

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

lichme wrote:Somehow I knew this sale was coming, I think I'm psychic.

shhh, no tears.

stecker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stecker
todaresq wrote:Some of our trucks in the fire department are showing their age... not sure the pumping capacity of the electric one up for sale would be sufficient though.;)

I do appreciate the woot-off heads up too.

Wait, what heads up? I'm confused.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I got to see that castle set up in the office. It's awesome! I want the turrets for my cubicle!

FORUM MODERATOR

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee

I can't find the "... And More" button.

BTW @Thunderthighs love the pilgrim getup. Now I want one.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ThunderThighs wrote:There's no big button for today's sale. There is a link right below the blurb on the main page though.

Reminds me of Police Squad, found via wkikquote:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Police_Squad!

[After walking in unannounced to Dutch's office]
Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

fat50strat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fat50strat

I pulled the trigger on the speed shoes. Hope they work for racquetball. Anyone seen or experienced how they fare?

I was drunk for my first woot...now I can't stop coming here.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ceagee wrote:I can't find the "... And More" button.

BTW @Thunderthighs love the pilgrim getup. Now I want one.

That's because there a̶i̶n̶t̶ isn't any more to the write-up. Short and sweet today.

And thanks for the props to the getup.

FORUM MODERATOR

robio

ThunderThighs wrote:How about this. It's talking about towels but the idea is the same.

Awesome. Thanks, Thighs. You're the best.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Well, I bought the Klipsch One earphones a few weeks ago here, and they're the same price today. So I don't see any additional savings :-\

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

That pressure washer is a cheap Chinese knock off of a Karcher unit. They even copied the company's trademark shade of yellow.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Me thinks this is the format Woot will become very soon anyway...

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

Lovin' the Thanksgiving costume, TT! Where can I get one of those?

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq
stecker wrote:Wait, what heads up? I'm confused.

The full image of the "ad" has a woot-off light near the bottom with the words, "Whet Your Appetite! Lowest Woot Prices of the Year During the Friday & Monday Woot-Offs!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

BelyndaG wrote:Lovin' the Thanksgiving costume, TT! Where can I get one of those?

Photoshop or Paint?

FORUM MODERATOR

mary4peace

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mary4peace

Bought the home microdermabrasion machine here couple of months ago, same price, but I have to say I love it, use it 3 times a week. One of my best investments ever. I have had numerous microdermabrasion treatments in spas over the years and this unit is best of the best.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
fat50strat wrote:I pulled the trigger on the speed shoes. Hope they work for racquetball. Anyone seen or experienced how they fare?

I wouldn't use them for racquetball. The tread looks like it's for outdoor use since it has large channels for water.

Look at some of these shoes from Amazon for comparison. Notice how the tread is different.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Shoes-Mens-Racquetball/zgbs/shoes/3420965011

But who am I to judge? I just use regular street sneakers and they work. Most courts just have rules that they must be non-marking shoes; however, getting the best grip is critical if you're a good player.

bradhamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradhamp

Does anybody know about how good the Panasonic Speaker is? There seems to be limited info on it the quality of it. Please help!

greydevil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greydevil

I was under the impression that there'd be a Woot-off sale. But now that i think about it i guess it'll be for Cyber Monday.

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

I got the bike lights (wife loves making our bikes as bright as possible...), but was gleefully happy to see more Teva shoes on sale. The Spheres (speed version) are not as obnoxious as they appear, and are extremely comfortable to wear. Aside from sleeping, I've been wearing mine pretty much non-stop since the last woot sale.

Lightweight, though the sizing runs a bit small (I'm ten normal shoes, and ordered the 11s which fit great.)

Glad to see them offered again, and with the cheaper price, I can pretend that I'm getting free shipping on my whole woot order!

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu
fat50strat wrote:I pulled the trigger on the speed shoes. Hope they work for racquetball. Anyone seen or experienced how they fare?

Actually, pretty awful for that use. Look at the heal - see how it is fully rounded? Not something I would ever wear for such an activity. These are designed for outdoor running/walking.

tailings

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tailings

Wow, today Woot! looks exactly like the bundle of weekly unwanted coupons that goes straight from the mailbox to the recycle bin without even a casual glance. The final acknowledgement that Woot! has dulled the senses through over-saturation and is no longer a special, must see every day experience. Gone is that sense of catch it or miss it: I now know that anything featured today has a good chance of reoccurring tomorrow or perhaps next Thursday....