WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's the 12 Bags of Crapmas! Every day, 12 days in a row, we'll have a new batch of Bags of Craps on Woot -- and some of those bags will contain especially crappy yuletide delights.

Subscribe to Woot's Youtube channel and never miss another one of these idiotic videos! We dare you!

matthewdon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewdon

That was a tricky one, but it finally paid off! Thanks for the fun this Christmas season, Woot! Can't wait to get my crap!

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak

Curse you, case-sensitive URL with ambiguously cased letter!!!

The delay caused by your treachery has denied me a Battlestar of Contraceptives.

we2vagabonds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages we2vagabonds

Did not get one. Have never got one and did not get into the anti this time. Bah, maybe next time...

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

I emerge bowed in defeat. Oh well.

fryedsoft

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fryedsoft

Santa's getting a little sneaky on that one, But I got myself a merry little Crapmas.

bsweany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsweany

Well that was annoying and underwear. No crap for me this year. Oh well.

samandlisa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samandlisa

Got one!! :D Was awesome of them to shift the letters to different pages! What a great way to end my night!

khajbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khajbear

Hiding the URL like that. Mean Woot!, Mean.

cucurrichi1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cucurrichi1

Last bag o' crap. Got one! Skipped to the end, but went too far. This was a tough one.

novakcur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novakcur

It's been too long since I have received a Biscuit of Conditioning. But now my dry spell is over! AHAHAHA CRAPMAS IT IS!

artofwar2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artofwar2003

weaksauce capital x

what happens when the crap is crappy

phileoca

quality posts: 12 Private Messages phileoca

that font sucks. couldn't read it

My wife woots too

worseisyet2come

quality posts: 0 Private Messages worseisyet2come

Ugh, of all the letters, of course it's "x". Quite possibly the most difficult possible letter to have upper or lower case distinguished given the font and brief period displayed without other characters to reference size. How annoying.

Edit: And of course I sat there thinking it was "c" being the upper case culprit for a few minutes, never even considered "x". Oh well I guess? Need a 13th day!

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r

I saw where the URL was, but could not figure out the correct case. This is a load of crap! Next time use custom bit.ly URLs, and stick to upper case.

LauraMc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LauraMc

I was too late but would have missed it with the X anyway. No crap for my Xmas. I only got to the cart twice and then that second sign in got me. Does it do that if you sign in with Amazon. I used to be able to just check out as long as I was logged in. Now I have to log in again to buy something?

ggpowerplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggpowerplus

I was planning to get some crap all day long. I now hate the letter X. It has destroyed my life and spirit. Next time woot, I'll be ready.

emccoyii

quality posts: 8 Private Messages emccoyii

Okay... How did the first Wooter get one @ 28.33 seconds, when the last digit didn't scroll across the screen until the 30 second mark? I'm not mad that I didn't get one (I'm lying here), but I am a bit perturbed (okay, I'm actually p$#@% the $%#@ off) about the timing.

Even assuming that they somehow miraculously managed to get the address in under 20 seconds, there's no way that they could have typed it in and gotten the pages to load in under 8.

I call BS.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

emccoyii wrote:Okay... How did the first Wooter get one @ 28.33 seconds, when the last digit didn't scroll across the screen until the 30 second mark? I'm not mad that I didn't get one (I'm lying here), but I am a bit perturbed (okay, I'm actually p$#@% the $%#@ off) about the timing.

Even assuming that they somehow miraculously managed to get the address in under 20 seconds, there's no way that they could have typed it in and gotten the pages to load in under 8.

I call BS.

Since everyone is accessing the sale all at once, it kinda makes the "First to Woot" report a little off.

Users also saw that previous Bags of Coal appeared early as well, but the sale doesn't actually go live until 12:00am CST

ajkclark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ajkclark

My gut feeling tells me that Day 12 will get the wicked awesome bags. The video trickeration makes me suspect this even more. Can't wait to see what everyone gets.

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin

I've said it in a different thread, and I'll say it again... Brilliant video Woot! I think that one stayed live the longest of the lot!

LauraMc wrote:I was too late but would have missed it with the X anyway. No crap for my Xmas. I only got to the cart twice and then that second sign in got me. Does it do that if you sign in with Amazon. I used to be able to just check out as long as I was logged in. Now I have to log in again to buy something?

The trick is to log in a minute before the video goes live. For your safety, Woot does not stay logged in for prolonged periods of time. (wouldn't do for others around your computer to be able to buy stuff on your account without your permission, would it now?)

jwilli281

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwilli281

Well, I tried desperately to win some crap but in the end I was left with an empty cart! BUMMER

apoth40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apoth40

Snagged one!! Main problem is I was at work where the you tube videos are blocked. Noooooooo.... Of course I have plan B..my son logged in at home and read the URL off to me over the phone while I entered... Yes! victory!

mrsthurmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsthurmy

It was 11:59 and my trigger finger was ready.
Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.
Keep your eyes on the screen, stay calm and steady.
"There it is!!" I squeaked and readily skipped to the end.
Wait what? I missed it!?!
Hurry! Scan! Scroll! Scan!
I see 'bit.ly/'! Now, play.
Holy $#!t, what's going on?
What's capital?? What's lower case!? Is that an L or a 1??
Holy smokes this one was tricky but, as always, loads of fun.
And I got a Bag of Coal! Yippee! Can't wait for the surprise to come!

emccoyii

quality posts: 8 Private Messages emccoyii
ROGETRAY wrote:Since everyone is accessing the sale all at once, it kinda makes the "First to Woot" report a little off.

Users also saw that previous Bags of Coal appeared early as well, but the sale doesn't actually go live until 12:00am CST

I'll accept that as one explanation. ;)

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20
emccoyii wrote:Okay... How did the first Wooter get one @ 28.33 seconds, when the last digit didn't scroll across the screen until the 30 second mark? I'm not mad that I didn't get one (I'm lying here), but I am a bit perturbed (okay, I'm actually p$#@% the $%#@ off) about the timing.

I call BS.

They claim it's a system issue because they don't want to admit that there were a number of serious shenanigans going on during the 12 days. Notice the number of "new" people who were successful. Yeah, sure.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I appreciate the inventiveness, but I think I'll be stuck in Stage 4 of grieving and loss on the old bagga de crappie.

hmille10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmille10
mm20 wrote:They claim it's a system issue because they don't want to admit that there were a number of serious shenanigans going on during the 12 days. Notice the number of "new" people who were successful. Yeah, sure.

You really have a conspiracy theory against a sale that is completely for fun and allows them to unload their "crap" onto us willing buyers? Its all in fun, I was fortunate to get one, but I went into it expecting not to and didnt care if I did because its a silly sale, no need to get worked up and create theories when you didn't get to purchase a box of crap.

compmd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages compmd

I call BS.

yeppers

March 2008 - Screaming Monkeys
October 2008 - Barrels of Crud - JVC Camcorder case, Electric duster - Woot, thnx for nothing
November 2008 - Barrels of Crud - 60" tripod, Grandpa Munster Doll, some tape measures, ipod pillow.
March 2010 - Barrels of Crud - Fishing tote, wii chucks, Carrots tshirt, poorly packed box, TY Woot for sending me more crap - old ass broken Bushnell GPS, light up snowman, woot lights, mini screaming monkey.

LauraMc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LauraMc
Notin wrote:I've said it in a different thread, and I'll say it again... Brilliant video Woot! I think that one stayed live the longest of the lot!

The trick is to log in a minute before the video goes live. For your safety, Woot does not stay logged in for prolonged periods of time. (wouldn't do for others around your computer to be able to buy stuff on your account without your permission, would it now?)

Then they should auto-sign me out instead of making it look like I'm still logged in. And I don't share my laptop with anyone.

shiranissosexy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiranissosexy

The only things I have to say are:
1. Thank you so much for the crap!
and
2. I really really hope that these (i.e. mine) Bags of Crapmas have the letter I've heard so much about!!!!!

edit: How do I get the special Brigadier of Carolling image in my signature?

First Brigadier of Carolling ever: 12/14/13!!!

shiranissosexy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiranissosexy
mrsthurmy wrote:It was 11:59 and my trigger finger was ready.
Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.
Keep your eyes on the screen, stay calm and steady.
"There it is!!" I squeaked and readily skipped to the end.
Wait what? I missed it!?!
Hurry! Scan! Scroll! Scan!
I see 'bit.ly/'! Now, play.
Holy $#!t, what's going on?
What's capital?? What's lower case!? Is that an L or a 1??
Holy smokes this one was tricky but, as always, loads of fun.
And I got a Bag of Coal! Yippee! Can't wait for the surprise to come!

At first I thought this was a parody of Eminem's Lose Yourself.

First Brigadier of Carolling ever: 12/14/13!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

barkwoot

quality posts: 151 Private Messages barkwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:Click Santa to go to the main thread to post!

Is that Santa or Samta?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

barkwoot wrote:Is that Santa or Samta?

Thought about calling him Santa Sam.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrsthurmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsthurmy

Kind of furious over here. I got a Brigadier of Carolling on the 12th day of crapmas, and for some crazy unknown reason I receive an email this morning saying that my order has been CANCELLED. What the heck!?!??! I did not cancel this!! What kind of bah-humbug is going on over here at Woot?? Someone needs to fix this, like, now!!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

mrsthurmy wrote:Kind of furious over here. I got a Brigadier of Carolling on the 12th day of crapmas, and for some crazy unknown reason I receive an email this morning saying that my order has been CANCELLED. What the heck!?!??! I did not cancel this!! What kind of bah-humbug is going on over here at Woot?? Someone needs to fix this, like, now!!

Sorry, only one purchase in the 12 days, we cancelled your second. Rules were in the description of each sale.

thardesty

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thardesty

Anyones day 12 bag ship yet? Still waiting for tracking details here.

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20
hmille10 wrote:You really have a conspiracy theory against a sale that is completely for fun and allows them to unload their "crap" onto us willing buyers? Its all in fun, I was fortunate to get one, but I went into it expecting not to and didnt care if I did because its a silly sale, no need to get worked up and create theories when you didn't get to purchase a box of crap.

Translation: "I got mine, screw you".

Gotcha.

Have a nice day.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

samandlisa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samandlisa
thardesty wrote:Anyones day 12 bag ship yet? Still waiting for tracking details here.

Mine did this morning.

Weight 5.1 lbs
Dimensions 12x12x12 in.