zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Pyle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Dec 19 to Monday, Dec 23)
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/28/2013 - $39.99 - 66 comment(s)
8/21/2013 - $39.99 - 43 comment(s)
8/21/2013 - $39.99 - 43 comment(s)

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

Some additional info can be found over at pyleaudio.com

funkindrum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages funkindrum

These speakers sound really good considering their size. Totally worth $39.99. They are sturdy and feel heavy in the hand. I'm not sure how water proof they are, but the construction is heavy duty enough for a camping trip.

seagoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages seagoon

I want a red one.

No sale!!!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this B+ review over at ilounge.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Appledude9 got one of these in their Crapmas Bag of Carp How do you like it Appledude9?

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

Does anyone know how these compare to the FoxL speaker or Jawbone's version. Both of these are not waterproof and even the low end models are over $100.00 This would be a steal if the sound quality was equal to the above.

Sunshyn1331

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sunshyn1331

Is this something I could hang from my showerhead?

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I'm in for one. It will be perfect for my friends sailboat. Hang it where the boom meets the mast and let her rip!

barryjparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barryjparker

I bought one of these and was extremely happy with the sound. Speakers on both sides makes for an awesome sounding speaker especially outside and at the beach. Connects up the my Samsung Galaxy 4 for a kick a$$ sound.

grimmwerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimmwerks
Sunshyn1331 wrote:Is this something I could hang from my showerhead?

That's exactly the same thing I was hoping for...

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Thats a big no...

As per the instructions...

WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain 
or moisture.   
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain 
or moisture. Also, do not remove the cover or back. No user serviceable parts inside. 
Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.

Do not keep the apparatus in a high humidity area such as a bathroom, kitchen sink 
or pool. Keep the apparatus away from heaters, stoves, etc. Never leave the 
apparatus in an area exposed to direct sunlight where there could be a considerable 
rise in temperature.

. The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no objects filled 
with liquids such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus. 

Not to mention, IPX-4 = Protected against splashing water - Same as IPX-3 but water is sprayed at all angles. http://www.lakemartin.com/BoatingWaterproofSpecs.asp

RICH531

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RICH531

I bought this and within a few days decided to let this take a full plunge to the bottom of a raging hot tub - figured, let's see just how "waterproof" these really are! After 5 seconds I picked it up and after 30 seconds or so sound was coming out as if it never took a bath! Awesome deal at $39.99!! NO DOUBT!! Very rugged, NOT CHEAP! However, don't go expecting this to compete with a BEATS Pill or Jawbone, etc...those have fuller/richer sound, but I'll still take this ANY DAY considering 1) price 2) waterproof 3) rugged - have dropped on concrete from 5 feet, no issue...I almost want to buy another just for the hey of it, but don't need 2

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
RICH531 wrote:I bought this and within a few days decided to let this take a full plunge to the bottom of a raging hot tub - figured, let's see just how "waterproof" these really are! After 5 seconds I picked it up and after 30 seconds or so sound was coming out as if it never took a bath! Awesome deal at $39.99!! NO DOUBT!! Very rugged, NOT CHEAP! However, don't go expecting this to compete with a BEATS Pill or Jawbone, etc...those have fuller/richer sound, but I'll still take this ANY DAY considering 1) price 2) waterproof 3) rugged - have dropped on concrete from 5 feet, no issue...I almost want to buy another just for the hey of it, but don't need 2

Seems so hit or miss with the seal quality of the "waterproofing", bunch of reviews about it rusting inside and out, as well as failing to be waterproof. Glad to hear yours has been going fine.

jweakly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jweakly

I own one that I bought here, It sounds great with suprizing low range and the ablity to control your music forward bacward is nice. Only one complait is the the blue-tooth range if I get more than 5 feet from the speaker it starts to cut out. If your ok with that I say it's great

RICH531

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RICH531

Yes...agreed about the Bluetooth wireless range - frankly, it sucks...nowhere close to "30 feet"...more like 5-10 max... and only other thing I forgot to mention earlier is...when I let it submerge to the bottom of the hot tub it was OFF and charging port was sealed up as tight as I could make it. Still, I LOVE THIS THING!! Main reason $39.99!! Good luck finding anything remotely close to that - although Costco has $20 off on the EXOGEAR waterproof which does sound better (I think) for $59.99 + tax...but you can also tell it's not made as well, too light/plastic...I bought one so I can have one device each in different places...

esushi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages esushi

I bought this last time it was up and I think it was damaged in transit due to the fact that it was shipped in its product packaging (without any kind of protection inside whatsoever). Just sounded like straight static when connected to the phone. Luckily Woot did a return and I didn't bother ordering another.

clark3rd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clark3rd

I got one last time, a couple of months ago. Sounds good, except one side of the speakers doesn't work. I sent an email to Pyle asking if it should work and I got, in the words of Genesis, no reply at all. So, good luck on your purchase and here's hoping your unit fully works.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
darkinc wrote:

As per the instructions...

WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain 
or moisture.   

. The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no objects filled 
with liquids such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus. 

And is is touted as a WATERPROOF device? American marketing at it's finest. Forget "buyer beware," it's now "buyer be scared."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Lened

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lened

Pyle offers products similar to its name -- except "of crap" is usually added to the description. Note that the instructions say the speakers ARE NOT TO BE USED NEAR WATER while the Pyle description says they are waterproof. How can you have a waterproof speaker that can't be around moisture? Anyway, I am saying that Pyle products are usually poor quality and not worth even the discount price.

corgankp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corgankp

I bought this last time and hang it in my shower... bluetooth range is not greater than 10 feet but works perfect if you keep your phone near your shower.. great buy

LouCap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LouCap

I picked one of these up last time Woot offered them. I'm quite happy with mine, especially considering the price. I also own a Jambox bluetooth speaker, and while it might have richer sound than the Pyle, it's not consistent with the difference in price. And speaking of price, I bought the Pyle to take to the beach and on the boat so I don't have to use my expensive Jambox in those harsh environments.

micahy2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micahy2k

A word to the wise. This speaker isn't all it's cracked up to be. I purchased one through Woot and it has been horrible since the beginning. When I received it the battery was completely drained. It took a couple hours to charge it where it could be used. I will give it credit that it does sound great when it works. But now we have to keep it on the charger to be able to use it. My only frustration is I waited till after the 21 day policy of Woot to report the problem to them and I haven't received a response and I can't send it back to them. Please be careful buying this product.

ilovereality

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ilovereality

I got one on a previous woot a month or so ago and am considering a second as a gift. I DO use mine in the shower and is DOES get some water on it. Works fine for me and performs just as I expected and a million times better than the last device I purchased to listen to audio/music while showering.

As long as you are careful not to run it directly under a stream of water I'd say you would be fine.

A couple of notes affirming things mentioned by others. Range is 10-15 feet at best and dependent on the device transmitting. My iPhone 4 can't be more than 10-15 feet from it and I usually keep it close when using it. The battery life, for me, has been fine. I only use it for 10-15 mintues at a time and haven't had to charge it many times at all. Lastly, the most annoying 'feature' would be that the volume control is also the 'track' control so if you push the volume + button instead of pushing and holding, it will jump tracks.

baristabob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baristabob

I bought one at the beginning of summer to put on the edge of the pool. Worked fantastic! Bought a second to sit on top of shower door frame because I kept taking the one from the pool into the house. I have been extremely happy with both. Charge seems to last forever (only use them at most 45 minutes at a time). Thinking about one for the workout room since I am using the pool one over the winter. Check out other waterproof speakers. This is a deal.

catch9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catch9

Poor range on this. Good sound. Started losing signal at about 30 feet.

lolitakitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lolitakitty

I got one last time they were on sale and OH MY GOSH... I love it! Actually works super well and has crazy bass for a portable speaker!

slankford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slankford

Only loud enough for a shower stall, very disappointing volume.

indymedic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages indymedic

I got one of these last time Wool offered it. Mine arrived DOA and I returned it.

wademn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wademn

I agree with others who have said the Bluetooth range is horrible but the sound is good (not great). If my iPhone is not within 3 ft, it does not work. I can use other BT speakers 30 ft away.

Mescalero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mescalero

I can't get checked out. There's no place order button visable. Is anyone else having this problem?

dawnonthecreek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnonthecreek
barryjparker wrote:I bought one of these and was extremely happy with the sound. Speakers on both sides makes for an awesome sounding speaker especially outside and at the beach. Connects up the my Samsung Galaxy 4 for a kick a$$ sound.

Thanks for that info! Have a Galaxy S4 and want to use it at the beach. I'm in for an orange one.

DOOGIEMILLER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DOOGIEMILLER
Mescalero wrote:I can't get checked out. There's no place order button visable. Is anyone else having this problem?

I just ordered 3, no issues.

Shabs42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shabs42

I also picked up a couple last time. Using one in my bathroom every day for showering. The majority of comments here are dead on. Sound is surprisingly good, range is surprisingly bad, battery life is so-so. I would describe it as water resistant rather than water proof. Of course it would be better to avoid getting water all over it, but the speaker will most likely shrug it off.

rhinoceros1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rhinoceros1

On a full charge, anyone know how long the battery life is? I would only get one of these for camping, but not if it only lasts an hour or anything.

thanks

W00tyMcW00tster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W00tyMcW00tster

In for 3!! Christmas gifts!!!

didymos47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages didymos47

This is a great deal. We use it every day when taking a shower with it sitting on a window sill close to the shower. It is loud enough to hear over the shower noise. Travels to the kitchen and is used when we are watching the news on the ipad. You will need to keep it close to the device linked to it. Battery life is very good.

troyr41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyr41

Is this something I could hang from my showerhead?
NO, If you watch the video it says water resistant, not water proof, the video says it can withstand some splashes but not be submersed or large amounts of water.

hydrosolar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hydrosolar

I got one of these when they came up earlier in the year. Use it for Kayaking. Range is terrible but since I'm never more than 5 feet away it's not really an issue.