WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Do you like to buy things? Do you like to buy things from Woot? Do you like to buy things using our new Amazon Payments option? Do you like to get free shipping for using Amazon Payments? If you fit all these options, then you might be interested in this.


For a super limited time, Woot.com is bragging about Amazon Payments by offering a serious shipping deal for anybody who pays via our Amazon Payments system (which is that thing we told you about back here). Here's the short version: log in with your Amazon Payments account to find a five dollar shipping coupon waiting patiently for you in your cart, which we'll apply if you pay with Amazon Payments. It'll appear just above the total over on the right. That shipping coupon means (duh) you'll be saving some money on shipping!

If you choose Standard Shipping, your shipping will be free! Hurrah! If you choose Expedited Shipping (like second day or overnight) that shipping will be five dollars cheaper! Huzzah! Either way, you save five bucks. It'll be a coupon that appears before the tax and it'll be nice and obvious once you take a gander at your cart. Go on, Login and Pay with Amazon and see.

Oh, you'll find all the official legal Terms & Conditions just after the jump, so we invite you to click through and look at that part of the post too. Then rush to your cart and BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Those Nutty Terms and Conditions

  • This promotion is a limited time offer.
  • Offer only applies to qualified purchases made using Amazon Payments. This promotion does not apply to purchases of alcohol.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Limit one promotional code per customer and account.
  • Offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.00.
  • Free shipping only applies when you select standard shipping.  If you choose expedited shipping, you will receive $5.00 off the cost of the expedited shipping.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Items must be purchased in a single order.
  • If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • Woot.com reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

jthebird1977


quality posts: 26 Private Messages jthebird1977

Awesome deal. Hopefully "Prime" shipping will follow at some point?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

joshobra


quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

My wallet.. it will ache.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

lichme


quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

I don't wanna risk giving up Paypal, and I have a feeling associating my Amazon account will get rid of it.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:I don't wanna risk giving up Paypal, and I have a feeling associating my Amazon account will get rid of it.



Hey lichme, if you're already using PayPal, incorporating the Amazon Payment shouldn't take away your PayPal account if you already have it enabled.

M3wThr33


quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33

I logged in, but my cart has no coupon in it...
Edit:
I can't read. Apparently they mean log in with your Amazon info.
Edit2:
Logged out, logged in with the big amazon button, still no coupon. My Amazon account was already linked a long while ago. I feel like I'm missing something.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

M3wThr33 wrote:I logged in, but my cart has no coupon in it...
Edit:
I can't read. Apparently they mean log in with your Amazon info.
Edit2:
Logged out, logged in with the big amazon button, still no coupon. My Amazon account was already linked a long while ago. I feel like I'm missing something.



1.Select and add all of the item(s) you want and check out.

2.Then choose "Login with Amazon" at the Woot Account Page.

3.Once you're logged in, continue to the "Proceed to Checkout" page; here you'll see a itemized list of the purchase(s) you'll be making. In that list should be "Coupon: FREESHIP" with $5 off.

Please also be aware that Amazon Payments currently doesn't allow any purchases or alcoholic purchases from Wine.Woot.

I hope this information has been helpful.
Please let us know if you are still encountering the issue.

M3wThr33


quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33

Okay. Tried again and it appeared now. Bizarre, but it works!

avrom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avrom

This would not work for me on either of two computers (one mac, one windows) using the chrome browser. I had to log in with amazon info in firefox before I could get my payment and address info to load on the checkout screen.

TheCK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK

Just as we all guessed - the only reason for removing the 5$ all day shipping was a master plan to transition all wooters into Amazon users in order to transition profits back to Amazon and then when they offer some other shipping promotion in a scheme to steal e-mail addresses and spam you (yes I'm talking to you Amazon whom my wife created an account and I've received a spam from you EVERY DAY for the past 10 days due to Christmas or whatever) you get all excited when hey shipping is a racket anyways and shouldn't be something we have to pimp ourselves out of to get back to reasonable prices.

--TheCK

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TheCK wrote:Just as we all guessed - the only reason for removing the 5$ all day shipping was a master plan to transition all wooters into Amazon users in order to transition profits back to Amazon and then when they offer some other shipping promotion in a scheme to steal e-mail addresses and spam you (yes I'm talking to you Amazon whom my wife created an account and I've received a spam from you EVERY DAY for the past 10 days due to Christmas or whatever) you get all excited when hey shipping is a racket anyways and shouldn't be something we have to pimp ourselves out of to get back to reasonable prices.


Hi there. We're an independent subsidiary so all the profits go to us. The $5/day promotion was an interim solution until we could implement a shopping cart. Before that, it was $5 per order since the beginning of Woot.

We've had a lot of people asking to be able to use their Amazon settings & address book while ordering on Woot.

Your wife can change her email setting with Amazon:

GO to Amazon.com
Choose Your Account in the upper-right corner
In the section "Settings", look for Email for Amazon.
Click on "E-Mail Preferences & Notifications".

Turn off what ever you want.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

avrom wrote:This would not work for me on either of two computers (one mac, one windows) using the chrome browser. I had to log in with amazon info in firefox before I could get my payment and address info to load on the checkout screen.


If you're having troubles, you might try clearing the cache/temp files on your browser. Then log out of Woot and back in.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Of course this started the day AFTER I needed it!!!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

bsmith1


quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Uh oh... another limited time only shipping offer. People will have something new to complain about when this ends!
"Since when did woot get rid of free amazon shipping?!... I found out the hard way...blah blah... sob sob...rage quit!"

lichme


quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

It should be noted that this promo does not work for any items from wine.woot, even if the item is not alcohol (IE the olives in the plus sale). Just a heads up.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:It should be noted that this promo does not work for any items from wine.woot, even if the item is not alcohol (IE the olives in the plus sale). Just a heads up.


Good point. I'll pass that on.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

drrhonda


quality posts: 2 Private Messages drrhonda

Anyone else having trouble getting it to work? I have tried on two different computers and I keep getting a notice that the webpage is not available even though I can go straight to Amazon on the same computer.

thumperchick


quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

Issues so far:
If you're running noscript, adblocker, or not allowing new cookies - none of this will work. Heck, even the Amazon sign in button won't show up. Apparently, they have their own new set of cookies and trackers if you want to use Amazon Payments here at Woot.

Even IF you allow all of that, I know of at least one sale that isn't pushing through the coupon for free shipping - *SNIPPED BY ME*

ETA - I should have read the fine print!

**Limit one promotional code per customer and account.**

Ozzie2191


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
drrhonda wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting it to work? I have tried on two different computers and I keep getting a notice that the webpage is not available even though I can go straight to Amazon on the same computer.



Seeing the same, and no blockers like listed in the post below yours. *scratches head*

Edit: Specifically, for debugging purposes, the error message I get when trying to get into Amazon payments is: "Looking for Something? We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

I was also trying to get the new year new bling item, heh. Dang you Woot for causing me to drool over a "?"!!

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

ChadMoran


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChadMoran

Staff

thumperchick,

The coupon is single use per customer. Is there a chance you place an order that used the coupon?

Code Monkey (get it?), Woot

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@thumperchick: It's limited to one promotional code per customer and account. That means one order. Looks like you already ordered something today.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ozzie2191 wrote:Seeing the same, and no blockers like listed in the post below yours. *scratches head*

Edit: Specifically, for debugging purposes, the error message I get when trying to get into Amazon payments is: "Looking for Something? We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

I was also trying to get the new year new bling item, heh. Dang you Woot for causing me to drool over a "?"!!


Ozzie, can you PM me a link ot a screen shot of that error?

To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick


quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

miniskunk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
lichme wrote:It should be noted that this promo does not work for any items from wine.woot, even if the item is not alcohol (IE the olives in the plus sale). Just a heads up.



Well they did say Amazon payments would not work with wine.woot so that makes sense.

jkirkintexas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkirkintexas

Well that would have been nice to have had about a month ago when I ordered something using my amazon account.... :/

Ozzie2191


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
ThunderThighs wrote:Ozzie, can you PM me a link ot a screen shot of that error?

To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.



Will do. I'm actually not seeing it at home, only on the work lpatop. I'm on vacation so I'll have to wait for the wife to go to sleep as I promised to not touch it.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

fchanglee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fchanglee

Well done woot. You now have my Amazon information but I did not get my free shipping >_< I do not see the coupon in the cart even after login in with the big Amazon button!

illinijoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illinijoe
fchanglee wrote:Well done woot. You now have my Amazon information but I did not get my free shipping >_< I do not see the coupon in the cart even after login in with the big Amazon button!



"This promotion is a limited time offer."

Did the same with those results, or lack thereof. I wish the expiration had been detailed, as I suspect the offer is no longer available.

thumperchick


quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
fchanglee wrote:Well done woot. You now have my Amazon information but I did not get my free shipping >_<


illinijoe wrote:Did the same with those results, or lack thereof.



Did you both do the same thing I did? It's only good on the first order you make with Amazon payments. If you ordered with that coupon once already, you've used it. Or was there another issue?

illinijoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illinijoe
thumperchick wrote:Did you both do the same thing I did? It's only good on the first order you make with Amazon payments. If you ordered with that coupon once already, you've used it. Or was there another issue?



I have not been able to use that coupon as I did not receive it.

thumperchick


quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
illinijoe wrote:I have not been able to use that coupon as I did not receive it.



Ok, What happens, is that when you go to the final checkout screen, using Amazon Payments, a coupon code automatically applies for $5 off your shipping cost.

If you are getting there and it isn't working, please reply here with what browser you're using, what you're ordering, etc. - so someone can try to duplicate it and fix it.

jackmcdowell


quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell
thumperchick wrote:Ok, What happens, is that when you go to the final checkout screen, using Amazon Payments, a coupon code automatically applies for $5 off your shipping cost.

If you are getting there and it isn't working, please reply here with what browser you're using, what you're ordering, etc. - so someone can try to duplicate it and fix it.



I tried linking my current account as well as making a new account by logging in with another Amazon account and neither gave me the free shipping code.
edit: And I'm trying to order the boots from sport.woot with chrome or iexplorer

cdyecdye


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdyecdye

I am also not seeing the shipping coupon. I linked to my amazon account from an Android 4.4 Nexus7 using chrome. I am ordering several items: flask, surge protectors, shooting target pack and dry bags.

I haven't tried on windows computer as of yet.

poids


quality posts: 0 Private Messages poids

Didn't work for me either. Using IE10. Ordered anyways.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fchanglee wrote:Well done woot. You now have my Amazon information but I did not get my free shipping >_< I do not see the coupon in the cart even after login in with the big Amazon button!


Actually, we don't have access to that info. We pass the order charges through to them and they do the rest.

Did you already order something using the coupon? It's one per customer - one order. It's not a per day promotion. It's one time.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

illinijoe wrote:I have not been able to use that coupon as I did not receive it.


It's there magically when you check out with Amazon payments. It is a one time use though - one per customer and account. It's not a per day offer. One time only.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Ok, What happens, is that when you go to the final checkout screen, using Amazon Payments, a coupon code automatically applies for $5 off your shipping cost.

If you are getting there and it isn't working, please reply here with what browser you're using, what you're ordering, etc. - so someone can try to duplicate it and fix it.


DO YOU SLEEP?



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

erricat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erricat

Okay, I hooked up my Woot account to Amazon last week and made a purchase. I just checked that purchase and there was no $5 off the shipping applied. Today, I want to purchase something and I click on the Amazon button and no coupon is on the final checkout page. Is this expired? Or did I screw up my opportunity by purchasing last week using Amazon before this was offered?

And I tried Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Just learned that the limited time ended at midnight.

It won't work today.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bsmith1


quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all. Just learned that the limited time ended at midnight.

It won't work today.



Now that's a limited time offer!