zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

HP 27" WQHD LED IPS Monitor
Price: $349.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Dec 27 to Wednesday, Jan 01) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/19/2013 - $349.99 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)
12/10/2013 - $349.99 - 32 comment(s)
11/29/2013 - $349.99 (Woot-off) - 10 comment(s)

12/19/2013 - $449.99 (Woot Plus)
12/10/2013 - $449.99 (Woot Plus)

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

HP 27" WQHD LED IPS Monitor
Price: $349.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

Check out this very good review from cnet and good reviews from newegg.com

thestone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thestone

Where's $700 when I need it?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good review over at anandtech.com

Let's watch this monitor duke it out with the Dell U2711

RaiseAkitas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaiseAkitas

$350 for a refurbished 27" monitor? Na.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Is this the revision model with the improved anti glare coating?

Techguy1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Techguy1000

What's the dead pixel policy on these? My first thought about a refurb monitor is that it was returned for dead pixels...

parahaps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parahaps
Woot Tang Clan wrote:Is this the revision model with the improved anti glare coating?

Yup. At least, the ones they were selling a week ago seem to be. I got one, and no problem with the anti-glare coating. There is some backlight bleed in the bottom right corner which is a little obnoxious when displaying mostly-black.

nucleardrugs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nucleardrugs

12ms?

pjrobar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjrobar
RaiseAkitas wrote:$350 for a refurbished 27" monitor? Na.

This is a WQHD 2560x1440 resolution monitor, not a 1080P 1920x1080.

llamadude92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamadude92
Techguy1000 wrote:What's the dead pixel policy on these? My first thought about a refurb monitor is that it was returned for dead pixels...

Since the warranty is fuffiled by HP, I would assume their standard "0 dead pixel" business display warranty applies. A friend of mine had one of these cross-shipped (New) for a dead pixel

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc

is there some reason you need to tell us that purchases made on Christmas Eve are no longer going to make it to your house by Christmas?

airmarkos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airmarkos
RaiseAkitas wrote:$350 for a refurbished 27" monitor? Na.

Funny how things change. I remember paying more than than for a 15" CRT monitor.

-- Grandpa

dfran1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1

I just purchased a lg 27" with 5ms but not at this resolution, but it is new and I have hdmi, dvi, and vga inputs all for $200 (with best buy credits it came to $130) but if I were to buy something with more resolution (not that I care now, cause the older we get the bigger we need need to see it), I would get the monoprice ones hands down.
This is not a good or a deal at all!!

What happened to woot!!!

you used to give us great deals now there just OK at best!!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Too late for Xmas you say? Bulldung! Where's my Amazon Air delivery???

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

sesshoumaru505

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sesshoumaru505
dfran1 wrote:I just purchased a lg 27" with 5ms but not at this resolution, but it is new and I have hdmi, dvi, and vga inputs all for $200 (with best buy credits it came to $130) but if I were to buy something with more resolution (not that I care now, cause the older we get the bigger we need need to see it), I would get the monoprice ones hands down.
This is not a good or a deal at all!!

What happened to woot!!!

you used to give us great deals now there just OK at best!!

Your 27" LG from Best Buy isn't even in the same league as this monitor. 1080p != 1440p.

jefffurry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jefffurry

For $350, even refurbished, this is a deal. I have a similar model from Dell that I got in June for about $500, and haven't seen prices that low since. I'm sorely tempted to get one.

Caveat: If you buy one, make sure you have a video card that will drive it.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Mine off Moofi just arrived yesterday! haven't opened it yet tho - too busy with work

You've been put on posting probation for this post

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

Here is a better link to Amazon

I have this exact monitor. I bought it new in October 2012 and it is still wonderful. One major thing to note that puts this in a different league from the $200 options is that this guy is 2560x1440 instead of 1920x1080 - 1.78 times the pixels, and overall it makes a huge difference. A year ago, when I was shopping around for a 2560x1440 monitor, I literally couldn't find one under $600, and this was probably the cheapest I found that was still well-rated. I would highly suggest this deal if you want to enhance your computing experience, as long as none of the downsides bother you (some are small, some are slightly less-small):

• This is a big monitor, and it's fantastic, but be positive that you have space for the monitor before buying it. If you're using it for designing or reading more than gaming, you might just want to buy it and rotate it so it is extremely tall instead of extremely long.
  • It is so big when gaming that sometimes I need to refocus from the middle of the screen to be able to see the numbers - so if you sit close, expect that you will only be able to see the sides peripherally.
  • This does not have HDMI! you can get a displayport-HDMI adapter to make it work, if you need. I use DVI and it works just fine for me.
  • Also remember that if you are buying this for gaming, your graphics card will also feel that it is 1.78 times more pixels than 1920x1080. If you want to use full resolution and max out the settings, make sure you have a card that can handle that. Mine is a couple years old now, so I usually have to turn something down before I get a nice experience. That said, I still am really glad I got it.

This monitor is big enough to easily have two windows opened side-by-side with no issue, if you want to make it your only monitor. I have this one next to a massive 19" screen that I'm still rocking from 2008, and the setup works really well for me. I'm really happy I bought this, and would recommend it for you too!

bpd1069

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpd1069

Bought 1 of these back in early December. Absolutely beautiful monitor, so nice, I bought a second.
Now they are both at my desk at work, had to purchase a Quadro FX card for dual Displayports to drive these 30bit color monsters.

No I see they are back - tempting me. 7380x1440(mosaic) would be something to behold. But will stick with these until Displayport 1.2 monitors become more common (daisy chaining).

Anyway - Both of my monitors were manufactured in November of 2012.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

This is a kick ass awesome monitor. For serious graphics, not stupid brain dead gaming. Buy some TN junk with 2ms response time for your games. This monitor is for productivity, not child's games. Merry Christmas!

dfran1

sesshoumaru505 wrote:Your 27" LG from Best Buy isn't even in the same league as this monitor. 1080p != 1440p.

Did you actually read my entire post, or just stop at lg 27"?

rngtrtl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rngtrtl

This seems like a better deal to me

http://www.electronicmegasale.com/hp-27-led-hd-monitor-black-brushed-aluminum/

same monitor, same price (no tax and no shipping, 367 out the door)plus it is brand new...

[MOD: No model number. Can't compare. And this]

mridoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mridoc

Can I connect a Mac laptop to it?

dfran1

rngtrtl wrote:This seems like a better deal to me

same monitor, same price (no tax and no shipping, 367 out the door)plus it is brand new...

now that is a good deal besides the monoprice ones!

This one is not a good deal at all, I am not saying it is a bad monitor, for a refurb it should be $200 and no more for todays price, not yesterday's, last month, or last year prices!!

jheller3131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jheller3131

I found this in one of the newegg reviews: HP refused to honor the warranty because I didn't have an HP computer hooked to it. That's a deal breaker for me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thespiansmc wrote:is there some reason you need to tell us that purchases made on Christmas Eve are no longer going to make it to your house by Christmas?

We just want to make sure that we're absolutely clear that the monkeys aren't gonna fly that fast.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TobiasAmaranth wrote:Too late for Xmas you say? Bulldung! Where's my Amazon Air delivery???

In 2015 from what I heard.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jwilkens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwilkens
rngtrtl wrote:This seems like a better deal to me

"Almost" everyone on the planet is aware that website is a credit card stealing scam that keeps popping up under a new name every couple of months. Ha - they "sell" brand new PS4's and XBox One's for $200 less than any retailer - right!

sfseay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfseay
jheller3131 wrote:I found this in one of the newegg reviews: HP refused to honor the warranty because I didn't have an HP computer hooked to it. That's a deal breaker for me.

Terrible. No warranty. Provided "as is"

Got Project?
http://www.projectsteps.com

pcordes1979

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pcordes1979

This is a nice monitor but it has 1 major (in my opinion) issue that most monitors I have seen do not have. The HP ZR2740w monitor will only operate at 3 resolutions 640x480, 1280x720, and its native resolution of 2560x1440 . I discovered this issue on a service call I had one day to replace a motherboard in a notebook computer because the monitor wouldn't display right. Upon doing some research I found the information above ( the notebook computer in question would only do up to 1920x1200 ). Appears the hardware scalar in the monitor is a very simplistic one that will only double or triple the picture not do more arbitrary scaling rates.

Just make sure the computer you are hooking it up to can handle the native resolution otherwise it will be half or a third of the resolution. I also suspect this is the reason why there is a large number of these monitors as refurbs because people were finding that it would only work at the 1280x720 resolution on their computer, so they returned them for a monitor that would work to the full resolution.

Also here is the review from Toms Hardware on it http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hp-zr2740w-asus-pb278q-review,3490-2.html

dukerobillard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dukerobillard
mridoc wrote:Can I connect a Mac laptop to it?

I have one of these, and I run it from my 13" MacBookPro Retina. The Mac Thunderbolt outputs put out DisplayPort, too, but you need a cable or adaptor...you can get them from Apple or Monoprice.

dukerobillard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dukerobillard
jheller3131 wrote:I found this in one of the newegg reviews: HP refused to honor the warranty because I didn't have an HP computer hooked to it. That's a deal breaker for me.

I had the opposite experience with HP support. I bought one of these monitors at MicroCenter (a new one, not a refurb), and something went (the power supply, I think). HP sent someone to my house with a new one. Whoa. Apparently, it was covered under the small-biz style warranty, even though I just bought it retail, like any typical shlub.

I had it plugged into a Mac and a home-built PC.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk
thespiansmc wrote:is there some reason you need to tell us that purchases made on Christmas Eve are no longer going to make it to your house by Christmas?

Wish WOOT! had put that little notice on the order I placed on 12/8. Still no joy and when I asked WOOT customer service on Friday if there was any chance that it might arrive in time, I got an auto reply saying they'd get back to me in another week or so.

Don't get me wrong, the $5 shipping policy is a great feature here. I just wish they could balance that with some realistic shipping time estimates.

D3thM3tal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D3thM3tal

Bought two of these last month and LOVE them - they both didn't fit on my desk, so now my girlfriend loves me more :D

ernests

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ernests

A much better deal on same monitor brand new, with free HDMI cable included

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=HEZR2740W&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

[MOD: Price is $449.]

cowscankill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowscankill
bpd1069 wrote:Bought 1 of these back in early December. Absolutely beautiful monitor, so nice, I bought a second.

I also bought one of these in early December, on Tuesday the 10th. I have yet to receive my monitor, and was really surprised to see they are on sale again.

Am I ever going to get my product Woot?

mailsmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailsmc

I'm a photographer who needs a kick A$$ monitor for my photoshop work... if anyone wants to donate this to me... I'd be forever grateful if you sent it my way! Merry Christmas Wooters!