zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Apple 128GB Gen4 iPad with or w/o ATT 4G
Price: $599.99 - 699.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Jan 15 to Monday, Jan 20) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

abrapike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abrapike

Are these new or refurbished ?

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1

I just bought a Surface 128 GB so I am tapped out.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210
abrapike wrote:Are these new or refurbished ?

States "New" in condition.

Refurbs at the apple site are $30 more.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1
abrapike wrote:Are these new or refurbished ?

As it says in the description it is new.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme

Here are a few reviews from BHPhotoVideo

maxrfb

quality posts: 8 Private Messages maxrfb

Oh good. A link to some reviews. I hadn't seen any reviews of iPads yet.

wow. I actually bought a Robot Elvis.
What was I thinking?

ChicagoJack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChicagoJack

Do I need an Ipad?
Maybe when the price is lower.
Say equal to an android tablet

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found on the product page and an "outstanding" review over at cnet

kleindaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kleindaddy

I just picked up a refurb 4th Gen 32GB wifi iPad off Slickdeals for $349 with tax, shipped. This just doesn't seem like that great of a deal.

mhagerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhagerman

is this the same as the ipad air?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia
mhagerman wrote:is this the same as the ipad air?

No.

ivanhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivanhead
mhagerman wrote:is this the same as the ipad air?

No, this isn't the iPad air. This is the fall 2012 iPad. Retina display and faster processor than the older iPads, but not the new, lighter air. Check out the cnet review posted here. http://reviews.cnet.com/ipad/

araczynski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages araczynski
kleindaddy wrote:I just picked up a refurb 4th Gen 32GB wifi iPad off Slickdeals for $349 with tax, shipped. This just doesn't seem like that great of a deal.

depends on what you use the ipad for. i get my toys through work, and have an ipad4/64 and an ipad5/32... the faster processor of the 5 is nice and noticeable, but the extra storage space of the 4 is equally important to me, so i'm not sure which one i prefer overall. the audio/speaker(s?) on the 5 seems to be nicer than the 4's as well. to me the storage space is paramount, since i like to hoard games whenever i actually get around to buying my own, i'll be sure that it has 128 minimum.

if it came down to it though, i'd pick this 4/128 over a 5/32 (what $599 gets you).

jimrph62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimrph62

How much for the cardboard mockup?

magstoria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magstoria

Bought one! YaY! I <3 Woot!

fshoemak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fshoemak

You can love or hate the Ipad but if you want this deal it is darn good compared to what other retail outlets want especially for the cellular model.

Many places list this model as discontinued but I have plenty of electronics that are discontinued that work fine.

I have been looking for a reasonable priced Ipad air on ebay but am considering this one for the money.

ScaryDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScaryDave

Can you purchase the AT&T 4G unit without signing a contract or activating it? Would love the option for 4G in the future but cannot budget the monthly expense at this time.

patric9956

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patric9956
ScaryDave wrote:Can you purchase the AT&T 4G unit without signing a contract or activating it? Would love the option for 4G in the future but cannot budget the monthly expense at this time.

I use an iPad air ATT - no contract. I pay as I go along and can cancel at any time.

allenlh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenlh
ScaryDave wrote:Can you purchase the AT&T 4G unit without signing a contract or activating it? Would love the option for 4G in the future but cannot budget the monthly expense at this time.

Of course; most iPads are sold without the plan and don't believe woot is even offering the plan. I bought an iPad 2 with att long ago, never activated it but had thought I might want to. With some of the family plans now, can be pretty affordable if wanted. Or, frankly, just use wifi and tether it to your phone if you want to save money...

ScaryDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScaryDave
patric9956 wrote:I use an iPad air ATT - no contract. I pay as I go along and can cancel at any time.

More what I mean is can I purchase this item through Woot! and not have to sign up for any service as condition of sale.

EDIT: Opps! Should check for additional replies before replying.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages corvettejoe

Gotta love the "tablet/phone memory tax" LOL

-----

to add to the last few posts. I've had multiple android tablets and phones over the years. Last year the wife and I switched over to iphones and ipad minis just to see what the fuss was all about (and I needed one as per the last statement about music I made).

I have yet to see ONE thing they can't do that android can. And don't say "oh because I can't load whatever I want" since you can load whatever you want on iOS too. Don't say tethering since you can tether off an iDevice too. And before you say "you can add more memory..." that is device dependent and not a limitation of the OS. There are plenty of android devices without memory slots too.

In fact, and technically speaking, there is one thing that iOS CAN do that Android CAN'T that I can tell you about. Live music processing. Android can NOT process live music, such as plugging in your guitar, mic, or anything else with a 1/4" jack and being able to do something with it. It's a limitation of the OS (I found out after much research, nobody has figured it out yet).

Thus one of the main big reasons I switched to an iOS device. With my iOS devices, I can now plug in any of my instruments and use them completely as an effects processor, do multi track recording and mix them all together (garage band type stuff).

SO there ya go.... something android, no matter how hacked it is... just CAN'T do.

On a more positive note on iPads in general (and I am speaking only from our iPad Mini's experience) I found reading books and magazines to be a MUCH more enjoyable experience on an iPad vs any of the android tablets we had. Books.. ok those were kind of the same experience... but magazines, PDF files, etc are processed much quicker and display much better (IMO) than any of the android apps (I use iBooks mainly). I view a LOT Of PDF files, and ... call it the Koolaid... but it "just works better" is all I can say. Mainly speed, how it views and scales, etc. And these devices with the retina displays? Wow. Stunning. Especially on the Mini...since it has the same resolution packed into a smaller screen..its even more crisp (higher pixel density). But I wouldn't expect anything less from the full sized iPad.

We sold our two Evo's, Transformer, Fire and some other android devices and went all Apple for our portable devices. Neither of us even want to look back either.

I am not an apple fanboy, as I am still 100% a PC/Windows guy and can't stand OSX or the pricy apple PCs. I just think that after trying MANY MANY different devices over the years, apple has one of the best premium portable devices out there (in both phone and tablet).

griffin72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griffin72

Any chance that this comes with IOS 6? Because I would totally buy a new iPad if it meant that I could downgrade my OS.

xxhaimbondxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxhaimbondxx

corvettejoe, recently I picked up a used Transformer on ebay for $70 and hacked it in 10 minutes to JB 4.3 with split screen. Never hacked anything before. New android OS is just flying. Why would anyone pay over $700 for a similar gadget is beyond me.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
corvettejoe wrote:And don't say "oh because I can't load whatever I want" since you can load whatever you want on iOS too.

How?

Please expand on this point.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I was planning to upgrading to an Air from my ipad mini when I came across this article.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/spend-500-on-an-ipad-or-one-share-of-apple-2013-08-15

I kept the mini, but waiting to buy the stock.

BTW, a share of Apple is currently selling for $532.94.

jlagraff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jlagraff
radi0j0hn wrote:How?

Please expand on this point.

CoevetteJoe is spot on about everything he said. 3rd party apps exist for either os to share cross platform apps. I don't use them so I can't vouch for the effectiveness but there are a lot of power users out there who know how to do this. The simple fact is hardware based latency issues in Android prevent certain types of live music apps from being viable. This isn't a dig at all, they're just different. I have both because I appreciate the differences. Find what's important to you and buy the right hardware. For people that hurl insults at hardware, well, they have their own issues to deal with that probably can't be solved in this forum.

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

Ridiculous. Denied again even though I fixed the issue. If it's this hard to give woot my money, I won't be doing it again.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

Don't underestimate the handiness of the model with included cellular data "4G" radio.

1) No contract required - you could never turn on a data plan if you wanted.
2) You can turn the cellular data on and off at will, from the iPad itself without calling AT&T. And you do not need to be wifi connected.
3) If you are on a legacy smartphone plan, tethering an iPad to it might not be available. (AT&T's way to jerk you off the legacy plan)
4) These are very handy navigational/traveling tools with the larger screen. Note only the cell data models have GPS.
5) AT&T currently offers some pretty flexible short term plans: (you'd be surprised how far 250MB goes - we've done 1500 mile trips with 3 NAV apps running and stayed within)

250 MB, 1-day - $5
250 MB, 30 days - $14.99
1 GB, 3 months - $25 (our favorite for the summer)
3 GB, 30 days - $30 (these are only needed if you do a lot of streaming)
5 GB, 30 days - $50

The 1st and 3rd plans do not autorenew. The other plans autorenew, but you can go in immediately after turning them on and cancel the autorenew.

bluemaple

"4G" in the title might be underselling the cellular radio. As the text acknowledges, the "4G" model will do LTE on AT&T's network.

kschoenberg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kschoenberg

Be forewarned that this model might drop off the Apple update schedule in the near future. Apple tends to drop update/security support of iOS devices relatively quickly. You can live without the upgrades, but since they're the only way to get security fixes you could end up with a device with well-documented security flaws and no potential fix.

bluemaple

Is the battery capacity info on the specs tab accurate?

Per Woot:
"Battery: Built-In Lithium-Polymer Providing up to 10 Hours per Charge (16Wh)"

Per Apple:
"Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery"

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP662

opps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opps

I hate the way Apple names their products. I have the “New” iPad (3rd generation) and the 4th generation is called “iPad with Retina Display” (they both have a pixel density of 264ppi). I find this very confusing since the 4th generation has the exact same display as the 3rd generation.

I see people asking the same questions every time iPads are on sale, “What generation is this one?”.

bluemaple

kschoenberg wrote:Be forewarned that this model might drop off the Apple update schedule in the near future. Apple tends to drop update/security support of iOS devices relatively quickly. You can live without the upgrades, but since they're the only way to get security fixes you could end up with a device with well-documented security flaws and no potential fix.

@kschoenberg, for some devices, perhaps. But i disagree in this case - note that the 3 generation old iPad 2 got iOS 7, the latest OS version.

The 4th gen iPad is very much current technology. But with fast changing technology (tablets in general are new), hardware obsolescence is bound to come faster than with mature technology like desktop PCs.

"Well documented security flaws"? I use both iOS and Android devices and have never had any issues with either. But I do feel more secure on the Apple iOS devices, simply because they are more closed environments.

The mass market tablet/PC device that hasn't had security holes discovered does not exist.

djbyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djbyers

Yes. And if you only need wireless connectivity for a short period of time (ie a trip, special project, etc.) you can activiate service without a contract - just pay for a single month or however long you need wireless connectivity.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

I've been researching ipads for my child with autism but really could use some sort of protection plan like Apple Care. Obviously, we'd also buy some serious, over the top case for safety if dropped.

Is there any way to get that or something more than what the product comes with if I bought one of these? Does Woot offer anything beyond the basic plan that this product comes with? Can anyone offer some more information about that?

mayyim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayyim
bluemaple wrote:@kschoenberg, for some devices, perhaps. But i disagree in this case - note that the 3 generation old iPad 2 got iOS 7, the latest OS version.

Apple is more likely to give OS updates to older devices that don't have the hardware to run them smoothly, resulting in a crappy user experience that makes you want to upgrade long before they stop supporting the device. I had an iPhone 4S that I loved, but when I put iOS 7 on it, it felt like the phone was struggling to keep up. I ended up with a 5S since I was due for an upgrade and it's like night and day.

mansoba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mansoba

Take this unit down to your ATT store and add to your phone line, they will give you a $100 credit for doing that.
But for ME, If I'm reaching into my wallet for $600 I will want the new AIR model. I got an air for $549 after att credit. I know it does not have the same storage capacity, but I have never filled an ipad up yet, I just don't have that much junk to load on it.