zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum - Purple
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Feb 05 to Thursday, Feb 06) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at The O

and

Some more very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

[MOD: Note that we are not selling the Animal version - the extra attachment is not included]

areaman714

quality posts: 3 Private Messages areaman714

It continues to amaze that Dyson is by far the leading refurbished vacuum is recent history. why are so many vacuums returned to Dyson so often? Why is there a prominent tag on each vacuum that begs the consumer to call Dyson before returning their newly bought vacuum to the place of purchase?

pjoeltyler

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler
areaman714 wrote:It continues to amaze that Dyson is by far the leading refurbished vacuum is recent history. why are so many vacuums returned to Dyson so often? Why is there a prominent tag on each vacuum that begs the consumer to call Dyson before returning their newly bought vacuum to the place of purchase?

I bought a refurb (not this particular model) from woot and haven't had any problems. This looks like a good deal.

SputnikHQ

quality posts: 8 Private Messages SputnikHQ
areaman714 wrote:It continues to amaze that Dyson is by far the leading refurbished vacuum is recent history. why are so many vacuums returned to Dyson so often? Why is there a prominent tag on each vacuum that begs the consumer to call Dyson before returning their newly bought vacuum to the place of purchase?

El Nino?

Word 2 ya mutha'

lesstrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesstrat

Does anyone know if this vacuum would survive daily use in a commercial environment? My wife has a 2000 square-foot store that has to be vacuumed every day.

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha

Isn't "Nothing sucks as much as a Dyson" dangerously close to the old Electrolux motto "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux"? Or is there a time limit on those advertisement slogans? I want to say the Electrolux one was the 50s or 60s, but I could be wrong. Or Electrolux could be dead and gone and it's safe to use the phrase now.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

With that cold hearted write-up, I would expect Colorado to be lily white on the map.... but it's not. Perhaps displaced 'Hawks fans, or it's their nature*.

* the new Colorado slogan

azmosys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmosys

Some people find they are much to powerful than they need. This most powerful Animal Dyson vacuum will actually cause a black hole to form for no reason.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

I have a Dyson ball vaccuum, and I love it. It was a refurb on Woot. For $199.00 you can't go wrong. When I received it, it couldn't be told from new. I had a question about it and called Dyson. Their customer service was excellent. They registered my purchase for me and gave me an extra 6 month warranty at no charge. I've had it for a couple of years now, totally happy with it.

Bill

azmosys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmosys

I don't believe the slogan you are reading here is from Dyson, but the ad campaign by WOOT themselves.

Neotacha wrote:Isn't "Nothing sucks as much as a Dyson" dangerously close to the old Electrolux motto "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux"? Or is there a time limit on those advertisement slogans? I want to say the Electrolux one was the 50s or 60s, but I could be wrong. Or Electrolux could be dead and gone and it's safe to use the phrase now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey! Haven't seen one of these up here in a while. Anybody have one and want to post a review?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ultrawriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultrawriter

Omaha?

mplspav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mplspav

I would write a review but I still haven't received the one I ordered from Woot in December. Good times.

[MOD: I see that you were refunded earlier today for the DC39 you ordered. It can take a couple days for the money to show up in your account, depending on your bank. ]

clutchjudd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clutchjudd

I bought the Orange DC24 a few months ago and it's been great. I feel productive when I clean now, my old vacuum just moved the dirt around. I have 2 cats and a smallish apartment so this is great for frequent cleaning and small enough for easy storage.

bjfaber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bjfaber

Shortly after buying ours, we moved to a place with wood floors and have lived mostly carpet free for 2 years. Even with that, I am so glad we bought our Dyson. It works great on hardwoods and laminate (or any other non carpet floor) thanks to the suction. Pulling off the arm and using the brush attachment is great for getting the dust off baseboards. So far this has lasted 4 times longer than the $50 vacuum we replaced with it which makes it worth it, but it also has worked much better than that one.

Speaking of rugs, this will try to eat them.... my advice is to push, not pull, the vacuum on rugs starting on the rug and moving off the edges when you are getting those parts.

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

It's usually -

Wife: OH EM GEE I NEED A DYSON *drops $600 on a vacuum*

Husband: Are you f'ing kidding?! Return that and get the $50 clearance (insert cheaper brand name here)

And thus the "Refurbished Dyson Vacuum Woot! Sale" was born.

And yay on that, b/c I bought a DC14 a couple of years ago and love it much more than my dirt devil.

kenbeckman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenbeckman

Think twice. I bought the machine on a prior Woot. The brush stopped rotating within a couple of months. I spent an hour on the phone with Dyson and they got it reset. It stopped again a month later and I was able to reset it. Then it stopped again and I was unable to reset it. I called Dyson and they said it was past the 6 month refurbished warranty. I reminded them that the problem began within the warranty period and they claimed to have no record of prior service call and refused to honor the warranty. I believe Dyson is not to be trusted. I wasted $200 on this useless vacuum.

sambaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sambaugh

Yo woot,

Can you kindly ask your support group to respond to my support case that is over 18 days old?

Beware folks woot is not what it used to be.

[MOD: I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.]

ericelk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericelk
ultrawriter wrote:Omaha?

Sigh.

tracyconway

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracyconway

I got a refurbished yellow DC24 2 years ago off WOOT. I have had a few problems with the plug on the inside of the vacuum that connects the brush rollers coming loose. It took a while for me to figure out it was just the loose plug and not a broken vacuum because the rollers weren't working. It was also very annoying to have to take the thing apart and reconnect the plug but thankfully this has not happened for a while. The external electric cord is not long enough to vacuum my whole living space without switching outlets, Using the wand for high reaching cleaning is ok but the flex tubing is very stiff and not long enough to get very far away from the vacuum. The tool attachment is ok if you are using the wand but trying to use it as a handheld tool is awkward because of the design.
The vacuum does have great suction and is super easy to use under furniture because of the ball. Very easy to empty and you will not believe how much dirt it can find.

tracy conway

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

I bought the DC25 back in 2011. For the most part it has held up well with almost daily use... EXCEPT the brush motor no longer automatically comes on when I kick it back into the operating position.

I now have to hold the brush re-activation button to get them going. Sometimes I only have to hold it for a second for it to engage on its own and other times I have to hold it then entire time I'm vacuuming. The button is supposed to be there just to reactivate the brushes after a major tangle or shoelace gets ingested that would trip the override to prevent damage but that is no longer the case.

*EDIT: I almost forgot; If you are like me and vacuum out your car as well, you may find a Dyson hard to use in that aspect. The wand is freakishly long and difficult to maneuver in a confined space so you may have trouble cleaning around and under the seats.

I saw a turtle.

jkmctee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkmctee

I don't see anything about attachments. Even the photo of the wand extended toward the ceiling looks like there's nothing on it. No one would scrape that metal edge on the walls without an attachment. Not the most important thing but the wand is not as useful without them.

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob

Attachments for this?

HEY WOOT -- Had to initiate two partial chargebacks on your two screw-ups in sending me the wrong lantern on two separate orders totaling over $300, as I said I would in the SEVERAL EMAILS YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO OVER THE PAST THREE WEEKS.

[MOD: Checking on attachments. I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience. ]

CGNewman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CGNewman

Vacuum really sucks.. Bought one from a friend who is an employee and love it. However, the only thing that sucks more, is Woots customer service. Not sure if I'll ever again buy anything from woot. No phone numbers, just emails, and they take their dam sweet time in responding to them.. Over a week and still no real response, just the computer generated kind. Be cautious everyone.

[MOD: I'll ping CS to see what I can find out.]

allenslan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenslan
lesstrat wrote:Does anyone know if this vacuum would survive daily use in a commercial environment? My wife has a 2000 square-foot store that has to be vacuumed every day.

Find a used Kirby. Heavy as hell, but nothing cleans better. Built like a tank.
Just don't carry it up stairs.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Attachments are the standard on-board attachment: The combination tool.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

robinlucyskye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robinlucyskye

I bought one of these as a refurb on Woot quite a while ago. Wouldn't have known it wasn't new.

It does a great job on getting dog hair off of the carpet and the brushes don't get all gooped up with dog hair which is really a medium sized miracle.

When I bought the refurb, I never would have considered paying as much as a new Dyson costs for a vacuum. After using this one for several years, I would consider paying full price if I couldn't find a refurb.

meccano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meccano

IMHO, this is being sold as refurbished because it is a discontinued model. Sure, stores might still have this model in stock, but it's not listed in Dyson's current line up on their website. That's why their are comments from people who bought a refurbished unit and said that you couldn't tell that it wasn't new - because most likely, it is new. It's a pretty common thing that manufacturers do to clear out old inventory that has been updated with a new model. When you are selling 100s of thousands of units as a manufacturer you're not dealing with selling open boxed or repaired (actually refurbished) units - that's is on the store/ebay level. "Refurbs" in this vain create a secondary, lower tier market that the manufacturer can control for bargain shoppers not interested in buying the latest, greatest and most expensive. That's not to knock bargain shoppers since of course I include myself in that category. Again, all IMHO of course.

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

Hilarious writeup. Almost got me to buy a vacuum I don't need. Thanks, Woot!

dwm1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwm1225

I bought this model on Woot back in August and love it, almost. It sucks as bad as Obamacare so that's good. However, the bristles on the brush don't seem long enough. It seems like it just brushes the very top of our carpet so I'm not getting all the hair that is ground in a little deeper (we have a Lab that sheds like crazy). That said, it still works better than my $75 cheapo Walmart vacuum.

sdwilkins

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdwilkins

There are so many returned because people have buyer's remorse and decide they don't want to pay that price for a vacuum. I myself own 3 dyson vacuums. I have two upright that are 8 and 9 years old and one canister that is a couple of years old. I own a cleaning business and have yet to have any problem with any of my vacuums except a missing piece during shipping and their customer service is second to none. The only thing I have replaced on my 9 year old dyson is the extension hose because I seriously stretch that thing to the max while cleaning. Other than that I have not had to buy anything including no new filters either.

larasgambati

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larasgambati

Almost pulled the trigger on this but decided to wait. Am in the market for a Dyson but waiting for a good price to come around (20% off coupon from Amazon or something). I'm turned off by the "refurbished that's really new," the reports of bad Woot customer service, and the 6-mo warranty (paying full price, or another ~$100, on a similar model gets you another 4.5yrs of warranty). No deal today, Woot.

ignernt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ignernt

My first woot was a Dyson. It's still going strong despite abuse from the kids. In the meantime, here's a second one.

I'm interested in attachments, so once this arrives I'll check into them.

70 Woots, 15 Sellouts, 21 KidWoots, 1 Shirt, 3 Random Shirts

brianfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianfry

Does anyone know if you can turn off the brush head on hard wood floors?

beer0060

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beer0060

yes you can. works well.

cuttingras

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuttingras

I've got a dyson that is the base part that you drag behind ya. It has all the attachments and works great, I thought about it I should have bought an upright. For what I need an uptight would be perfect. This is second dyson. We wore the first one out and got this one

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

Refurbs are a funky thing. I have bought several different refurb items from woot, and I am still actively using all but one of them. A couple of things have a fault that only occurs once in a while (video source button on TV would work 9/10 times), while others are perfectly fine.

I have a refurb Dyson DC15 that I bought from woot maybe 6-7 years ago and I have replaced the brush and maybe one other piece. It works like a champ.