zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Pyle Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Tuesday, Mar 11 to Friday, Mar 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/19/2014 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 13 comment(s)
1/16/2014 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 9 comment(s)
1/14/2014 - $39.99 - 35 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

laytonfruit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit

These seem to get okay (mixed) reviews on Amazon but I got one in a Bungled Original Communicator a week or two ago and, for the life of me, I can't get it to pair to any of the 4 devices I tried.

lichme

quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme

Some additional info can be found over at pyleaudio.com

Reviews from Overstock

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

NOT "waterproof" it is IPX4 only.

Definition:

4 Splashing water
Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction at 10 liters/min at a pressure of 80-100kN/m2 for 5 min shall have no harmful effect

Still a cool gadget for the beach or poolside!

portezbie

quality posts: 14 Private Messages portezbie

I recently bought this guy from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Speakerphone/dp/B00HHO2R3A?tag=dealswoot-20

and so far, I am really happy with it. It was super cheap and works astonishingly well. Battery seems to be lasting, controls work well, suction cup works well and it seems waterproof enough, I held it directly under the shower for a minute and it was fine. I guess it's not the best sound in the world, but I am very satisfied with it.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3452 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this B+ review over at ilounge.com and decent reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon and three solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at The O

unlikely

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unlikely

Got one of these the last time around and I'm absolutely amazed at how much sound it puts out, the quality of the sound, and how long the battery lasts. I can't recommend these highly enough.

satimney

quality posts: 3 Private Messages satimney

I watched a youtube review where the reviewer mentioned that it looked like it had 4 speakers (2 per side), but sound only came out of one side.

I don't have one of these, but being an audio geek, I would assume two of those "speakers" are actually passive radiators.

tenaciousday

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tenaciousday

I bought one last time they were here. I use it as a bluetooth shower speaker. I am pretty happy with it. It definitely won't stand up to "waterproof" by any definition, but it takes shower splashes just fine. I dropped it on the hard floor from 4 feet up with no negative effect, so it is at least somewhat rugged. These have never sold anywhere near the "MSRP" but for $40 it is a decent deal. My biggest complaint is the bluetooth range: 10 feet MAX for mine. The best thing about it is the sound. It has incredible sound and great battery life for such a small speaker. Definitely worth the buy as long as you don't think you can take it into the pool!

sevnn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sevnn

Woot needs to change the title of this item, it is not waterproof. The specs I'm finding online show this as having 800 Watts of RMS power?? Ummm, nope. There is absolutely no way that 1400mA battery can produce that kind of wattage. Perhaps if it was soaking in a pool when lightning strikes, but you'd have a whole host of other concerns that point.

siddartha999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siddartha999

HOWDY!

Thanks for the larff - online wattage spces are almost always good for a serious guffaw; it's marketing to the SLAB [Slow Loud And Banging] thumping car crowd, at a guess, and their ilk who just wanna earn really cool hearing aids before they are 25...

Peaxe,
Will

The flesh is a trap & Magic sets you free!

brian188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian188

10 bucks?! That's the best woot! can do? And with prime it will be here Saturday. I'd lucky if it's here next Saturday from woot. Not to mention I can return it, if it sucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWPBT60-Bluetooth-Splash-Proof-Portable/dp/B00BQO56Z8

XTCfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XTCfan

Also a fan of this -- have bought two so far (once from Woot for my 15-year-old daughter, once from Amazon for my 10-year-old stepson). Most of what people are saying is true -- not truly waterproof, your bluetooth range may vary, audiophiles will likely find something to complain about (they always do) -- but it's a good value for this amount of money, sounds surprisingly good to this musician's ears, and is very durable. Haven't had any battery problems at all. If you're in the market for something like this, you could do a helluva lot worse.

cpochuckg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpochuckg

Bought a blue one during the last woot-off and have no complaints. Use it on the back patio to avoid taking the iPad outside so there's snowproof that it's actually waterproof. (grins) IMHO good buy for the price.

kevinnalts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevinnalts

Bought one last time Woot offered it. You get what you pay for. It's not a pure sound (highs clip) and the range is absurdly low. Move 10 feet away and you're shot. Reviewed it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/RFPZANYTZHWKH

newsom101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages newsom101

How long does it last on a recharge?

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
laytonfruit wrote:These seem to get okay (mixed) reviews on Amazon but I got one in a Bug-eyed Organic Creature a week or two ago and, for the life of me, I can't get it to pair to any of the 4 devices I tried.

What?

edso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edso
tenaciousday wrote:I bought one last time they were here. I use it as a bluetooth shower speaker. I am pretty happy with it. It definitely won't stand up to "waterproof" by any definition, but it takes shower splashes just fine. I dropped it on the hard floor from 4 feet up with no negative effect, so it is at least somewhat rugged. These have never sold anywhere near the "MSRP" but for $40 it is a decent deal. My biggest complaint is the bluetooth range: 10 feet MAX for mine. The best thing about it is the sound. It has incredible sound and great battery life for such a small speaker. Definitely worth the buy as long as you don't think you can take it into the pool!

Ditto. Great sound. Works well, but bluetooth range is unbelievably bad. My phone sits only 3-4 feet away on vanity and still loses signal sometimes. I swear people walking in other rooms no where near the bathroom somehow interferes.

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480

I have two of these I love them!
I also have two Bose sound docks that sound better.
Having said that, I paid $39.99 plus on Woot and $400.00 plus from Bose.
I use mine in the yard, hang it in the trees, near the pool. I've taken it on vacation, on the boat and to the beach. My thought process is if it breaks, lost or gets stolen im out $40.00 bucks. I find the difference in sound quality isn't worth the cost. for every day background music.
Battery lasts several hrs and controls link to my Iphone.
for the money I think its a good buy.

Lolivings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lolivings

Got one 3 months ago, Would play for 30 minutes off a 24hr charge. Didn't matter if I used the speaker or not, the battery would be depleted after a full charge within 24 hrs. So, after I used it in shower for like 5-10mins, I would immediately have to plug it up to be able to use it the next day. This lasted ~3 weeks. Only water exposure was in the shower. Now won't charge/play at all. It does have a one year warranty but you have to pay shipping/handling for the defective item and for the replacement(around $25, total). I haven't decided if am going to invest in getting another sent to me that might also be defective.

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005
brian188 wrote:10 bucks?! That's the best woot! can do? And with prime it will be here Saturday. I'd lucky if it's here next Saturday from woot. Not to mention I can return it, if it sucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWPBT60-Bluetooth-Splash-Proof-Portable/dp/B00BQO56Z8

Really? I think there are probably plenty of people who would like to pay 18% less even if they have to wait a few extra days for the item to arrive.

JeneralJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JeneralJoe
brian188 wrote:10 bucks?! That's the best woot! can do? And with prime it will be here Saturday. I'd lucky if it's here next Saturday from woot. Not to mention I can return it, if it sucks.

I have to agree, Hard to beat the return policy of AmazzingZon

Capricorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Capricorn

I bought one of these during the last sale and I'm seriously thinking of buying another one even though I really don't have a need for it. I got this to use with my phone so I could listen to music and podcasts while I'm working without having to plug in any wires.

For comparison, I used to use a Logitech s715i (older version with no Bluetooth) when I had an iPhone, which I really like. However, I now have an HTC One, so I had to use an audio cable with the s715i. The s715i has better sound for music, but then it's also at least twice the size and weight of the Pyle Speaker. I find the Pyle Speaker great for podcasts and very good for sound. I'm not listening at room-shaking levels though. I've had no issues pairing with my phone, my laptop and my desktop (using a 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter on the latter two).

I am very impressed with the battery life. I can listen for over eight hours on a charge during a work day - with a few breaks in there. I've never had it completely run out of juice. Charging it via the USB cable to a USB port takes a few hours. I usually charge it with the charger for my Kindle or my HTC one, and that takes a little more than an hour with either one. (The s715i runs five to six hours on a charge, and emits a horrible noise as it dies from low battery.)

Most people seem to be having issues with the distance they can be from the speaker. Most of the time, I'm only a few feet away, but I can get around 20 feet away with my phone before the Bluetooth connection drops. As soon as I get back in range, the connection is restored. Basically, YMMV.

If I'm working on a project around the house, I pair up the speaker, start up a playlist on the phone and put the phone in my pocket. Then I just carry the speaker around to wherever I need to be and set it down. I can't say anything about how waterproof it is; I didn't buy it for that.

drdavidhartman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drdavidhartman

Got several of these last time. Good sound and volume. Not finicky and really durable. Great value.

Catbird

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Catbird

I also purchased one of these BT speakers during a prior woot sale. I am very pleased with it. The only thing missing is a line-in feature to permit use from non-BT devices. Other than that... happy, happy, happy.

pate2775

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pate2775

I bought one from Woot a few weeks ago, and haven't opened it. I do not plan to use it, because my buddy had just gotten me a similar bluetooth speaker. Unfortunately, I am passed the 14 day mark and cannot return this product. If anyone would like to purchase it from me, please let me know. I will sell if for the same price that woot is selling it for. Like I said, it is still in the original box it came in, and I have never opened it. If you would like to help me out and purchase it from me, please send me a private message. Thanks!

sdasmah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdasmah

So i got the Green and Gold combo about 6-8 month ago through woot.

i actually use it in the shower..
it has been perfect so far.. nice rich sound... seems to be water proof enough...good battery life..all in all very pleased

my only complaint is that its beginning to rust on the bottom..

Phutof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phutof

I picked one up last time and it has lived in my shower since. I've never fully submerged it but it's been directly under running water plenty of times. Dropped it a whole bunch of times too from about 4 feet. Good sound quality and never the need for full volume. pairs no problem with my laptop galaxy SIII, or my roommates iphone. Good battery life. This thing and a waterproof phone case fixes almost any musical ADD.

Randod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randod

Hi all,
Good comments above, I'm seeing possibly sketchy bluetooth range and maybe battery issue. Couple questions:

- I'm looking to use this by a pool, reports on sound are good, will this be loud enough to hear while people are spashing around?
- Ok for splashes but not submersion, got it, but how about direct sunlight? Put in shade to be safe?
- If battery dies I assume it can play while plugged in?
- Can I get TWO and have them both working from same device at same time? Say both sides of pool?

Thanks all.

scb71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scb71

Have the right expectation and you may be just fine- but make sure you aren't expecting much.

I bought one of these last year and use it at out beach house. For outdoor use I think there must be better options but for the money it does work. The range is unbelievably bad - i'd say about 5-8 ft is the max. For example, If I am driving my golf cart and it's in the dash compartment my phone in the pocket is too far- it cuts in and out. So I place the phone next to it and it works.

Same thing at the beach- I have to put the phone in a beach bag or something right next to the speaker and it works.

The sound is far from hi-fi but it serves a purpose. It is also not very loud in an outdoor setting where ambient noise such as waves, etc are around. I'm not looking to rock the beach but for example I would estimate the sound is audible for probably a 10-12 ft radius only.

This speaker is probably best for use in the shower I would guess- although I've not done that.

cclarkeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cclarkeny

Bought one of these a few months ago and was not that impressed with volume or Bluetooth range. Resold it. Buy this for being resistant to water. You can do better with other speakers. Specifically, the Groupon Goods $29.99 Bassboomz when that deal is on. Unbelievable, that.

kkd01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kkd01

I bought one a few months back on the last Woot appearance, and it works very well. We use it outside while we're in our hot tub. It connects well, has a decent range throughout my house, and has great sound. Seems very durable with the rubber case that surrounds it, and the battery life has been great. Great price for a good bluetooth speaker.

hankcowdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankcowdog

Just so you know, these are "spashproof" - not "waterproof". The Owners Manual (Page 2) says in part:
5. Do not use the apparatus in places that are extremely hot, cold, dusty or humid.
6. Do not keep the apparatus in a high humidity area such as a bathroom, kitchen sink
or pool. Keep the apparatus away from heaters, stoves, etc. Never leave the
apparatus in an area exposed to direct sunlight where there could be a considerable
rise in temperature.
7. The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no objects filled
with liquids such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus.

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner

Bought one for camping, and while I haven't had to test water proofness, the thing handles dust and vibration just fine. Good sound and battery life, meh on the BT, but when you are camping the phone is right there anyways.

solid thumbs up.

shibui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shibui

I bought one of these last time.
It is fantastic! Very good quality and works flawlessly.

jvickers2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvickers2001

Bought one for kayaking. We'll see how it holds up!

mickael

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mickael

I bought one the last time it was up in December and I have loved it. Pairs well with my iPhone and Macbook Air. The sound is fantastic!

bdub46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdub46

Does anyone know how well this would fit in a water bottle cage on a bike? I would enjoy listening to music on my bike rides, but headphones are just dangerous on the highways.

stiege

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stiege

If the construction worker in the description picture can hear this thing while wearing hearing protection AND using that grinder, this thing must be LOUD!!!