zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep 4000 Twin Pack
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Mar 21 to Monday, Mar 24) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

I'm happy to read these aren't refurbs.
The line has to be drawn somewhere !

BTW. I have a different model Oral B Pro and I love it. My dentist like Oral B electric brushes better than Sonicare.

steveb944

quality posts: 10 Private Messages steveb944

I love you guys. I just went to the dentist a couple days ago and I was told to get an electric toothbrush. Now I can get two!

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
shamcy wrote:Are these extra brush heads original Oral-B or are they after market?

Key word there is "compatible" . That means they aren't the brand name brush heads.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sepeterson wrote:Which ones are compatible with the body? Do they all work? Is it just a personal preference thing, like who likes what?

My apologies, it appears that the PLUS offer actually doesn't have compatible toothbrush heads for today's offer.

They are, however, compatible with various other Oral-B Toothbrush models (depending on the offer)

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy
ceagee wrote:Key word there is "compatible" . That means they aren't the brand name brush heads.

But these "compatible" heads are almost always AWFUL. They start to break down in your mouth and don't last 10% the time an original head lasts. You also don't know what kind of raw material those Chinese sweat shops use in these heads.
If these are not genuine heads, I would stay away.

tkay555555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkay555555

I think I paid about $100 for the Twin pack at Costco. The Deep Sweep brush causes the brush to move in a path perpendicular to the length of the toothbrush, rather than in a circular or vibrating motion. I like it more than my old style electric toothbrush. Note that none of the compatible brush heads are the Deep Sweep style.

pahool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pahool

Anyone know if it's possible to replace the battery on this model without doing any soldering. I had an Oral B that was an extreme pain to do battery replacement on.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and need replacement heads? Check out Oralb.com

johnsonjf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages johnsonjf

Even if they aren't the best (looks like they have a new 5000 series Deep Sweep model out), they're not bottom line electric toothbrushes and for $40 each, it's a steal.

Also, glad to see these aren't refurbished, haha.

saramwrap

quality posts: 16 Private Messages saramwrap

Since I only have one mouth... am I supposed to double-fist these?

bobbyinop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobbyinop

I have been using this brush for a while now. I picked it up right before getting braces. The deep sweep brush is awesome. The battery has lasted years now. I'm pretty sure I paid like $145 from my dentists office. Maybe more.

bobbyinop

philipem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipem
pahool wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to replace the battery on this model without doing any soldering. I had an Oral B that was an extreme pain to do battery replacement on.

At this YouTube unboxing video he shows the manual near the very end and it tells him how to remove the battery; it doesn't mention WHY so it might be a disposal removal but maybe you can see the illustrations... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8td1YB6wr54

w00ting over 100 times since 9/22/04

philipem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipem
saramwrap wrote:Since I only have one mouth... am I supposed to double-fist these?

Well, I suppose that's one option...or you could loan or give one to the person who sleeps with you...or keep it until the other one breaks and then you can keep on brushing...

w00ting over 100 times since 9/22/04

wickedgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wickedgirl

Used to love Oral-B...until they stopped making ultrasonic toothbrushes years ago.

bjbjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbjs

Except the Brush Heads difference, what's the other difference between WOOT edition with Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + ProWhite Precision 4000?

hessrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hessrick

Strange for this day/age: Oral B offers a travel case (implying?), but the input charging voltage (110-130 vac) will ONLY work in the US... if you're considering European charging, during a long trip. you'll have a problem... Rick Hess

joef8577

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joef8577

Normally $100 for a toothbrush? I thought Sharper Image closed down.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
hessrick wrote:Strange for this day/age: Oral B offers a travel case (implying?), but the input charging voltage (110-130 vac) will ONLY work in the US... if you're considering European charging, during a long trip. you'll have a problem... Rick Hess

The United States is pretty big. You can do a lifetime of travelling without leaving the borders. A travel case is a super nice option for folks A) who rarely leave the US anyway, and B) for people who travel frequently internationally but would like a travel toothbrush with them on their domestic trips.

Just an FYI. I think that travel case is rad.

steveb944

quality posts: 10 Private Messages steveb944
johnsonjf wrote:Even if they aren't the best (looks like they have a new 5000 series Deep Sweep model out), they're not bottom line electric toothbrushes and for $40 each, it's a steal.

The only difference I see is that the 5000 model and up have the Smartguide and nothing else that justifies such a big price.

Oral-B Comparison

panda719

quality posts: 1 Private Messages panda719

I have an Oral-B Triumph. Are those brush heads compatible with this Deep Sweep 4000?

Panda

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

Absolutely love our electric toothbrush - have had excellent check-ups for the 5 years since we got it.
This is a crazy good price, too, for the replacement(s)..... could make for nice gifts to the adult kids, too. (used to give them books and educational toys)

emilyelizabethdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emilyelizabethdesigns

I bought this once as a deal and it was an OK toothbrush. It is much rougher on your gums than the Sonicare one. We ended up going back to the Sonicare, and you can certainly tell the difference. The countdown timer with the 2 minute clock and red light if you are brushing too hard are kind of helpful. If this is going to be your first venture into an electric toothbrush, I'd recommend Sonicare first. They usually have some good refurb deals on them at Amazon.

cybercpa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cybercpa
hessrick wrote:Strange for this day/age: Oral B offers a travel case (implying?), but the input charging voltage (110-130 vac) will ONLY work in the US... if you're considering European charging, during a long trip. you'll have a problem... Rick Hess

Not just US; also Canada. Those of us who travel in Europe know that the bathroom outlets in Europe tend to allow dual 110/220 as well. Lots of use, not an issue.

Roadking432

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roadking432
tkay555555 wrote:I think I paid about $100 for the Twin pack at Costco. The Deep Sweep brush causes the brush to move in a path perpendicular to the length of the toothbrush, rather than in a circular or vibrating motion. I like it more than my old style electric toothbrush. Note that none of the compatible brush heads are the Deep Sweep style.

Costco has a twin pack on sale thru 03/30 that's 79.99 after rebate. They don't list which model it is. (it's a different color which probably means a different model) It kind of looks like the 3000 on the Oral-B website. Anybody know for sure?

xenochaosxeno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenochaosxeno
panda719 wrote:I have an Oral-B Triumph. Are those brush heads compatible with this Deep Sweep 4000?

I believe this is the "Triumph 4000 Electric Toothbrush" since the Oral-B website doesn't list a "professional 4000" that is compatible with this deep sweep head. I believe the title of this product is misleading according to the Oral-B website.

m1lgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m1lgram

The last time I dropped a hundred bones on an electric toothbrush, it soon became unsupported and I could not get any replacement heads. Never again. Ever since I've used ABC Oral Care and Dr. Collins manual toothbrushes. which are extremely soft and have tapered bristles to get to parts of your gums other toothbrushes can't. Check those out on Amazon before you make an expensive decision that you may have to throw away like I did. Anecdotally, I went 18 YEARS (expensive!) between dentist visits and the dentist was floored at the condition of my teeth by using excellent brushes reliably.

vatkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vatkd

In for one. Our old Oral-B must be 10 years old. Still working, but battery is flying low.

anthonyj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonyj

I guess when you run out of places in the US to travel, you'll have to get a new travel toothbrush.

t1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t1234

I got this from Costco, with coupon $99. So this is great deal. And the tooth brush is awesome.....

sanderse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanderse
scapsinger wrote: A travel case is a super nice option for folks A) who rarely leave the US anyway, and B) for people who travel frequently internationally but would like a travel toothbrush with them on their domestic trips.

I love having the travel case for weekend trips or for bringing my toothbrush to the office or gym depending on my daily schedule.

khoai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khoai

For Oral-B, all brush heads, except for Pulsonic, are compatible to all handles. So if you don't like the new sweeping style 'Deep Sweep', you can always go back to one of the rotating heads.

http://www.oralb.com/products/replacement-electric-toothbrush-heads/

Although there is no Deep Sweep 4000 on Oral-B site, I guess the only difference to the Professional Care 4000 is just the head.

The one at Costco is Professional Care 3000:

http://www.costco.com/Oral--B-Professional-Care-Advantage-Rechargeable-Toothbrush.product.11747035.html

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

How long does a charge last? I hate having chargers plugged in- I would rather use AA's if this thing needs charged like every week.

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin

I agree.. but I am confused by the info I've found. Where did you get the data about 110-130 VAC? I don't see it mentioned anywhere here on the Woot page. I checked Amazon and a review from 2012 says "As I travel, I also really appreciate the travel case and the ability of the charger to be plugged into any voltage (110/220) power source."
But on the Oral-B site (which doesn't seem to list the charger specs either), a review from 2014 says "This isnt Bi Volt. What is the point in a travel case? You cant take this anywhere outside the U.S.A"

So I'm inclined to think this model, at least the current version, IS really only 110-130V as you say. That's a bummer, because one reason I wanted this is for my wife to take to Europe; I have several older Oral-B models and SOME have dual-voltage, and SOME are 120V-only. You have to take a magnifying glass (well, at least I do) and read the tiny markings on the plastic of the charger assembly to be sure. (or just plug it in in Europe and see if it blows up.. no, don't try that!)

[Edit: added] Just noticed the Q&A on the Amazon page. Several people from 2011 say that it is dual voltage. A newer review says it was only 110-130 and they are therefore returning it. So, yes, looks like single-voltage only. Bummer. Really too bad they would make that change on a model like this.

daklus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daklus
bjbjs wrote:Except the Brush Heads difference, what's the other difference between WOOT edition with Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + ProWhite Precision 4000?

The difference between these two is that the HC+PWP has a different head and it has a nice head holder. The holder can hold 4 heads, so it's intended to be shared by multiple users of the same base.

Even though I'm the only user of mine, I remove and rinse the head every day to keep "black stuff" from building up inside the head. It's probably not an issue everywhere, but the water where I am must be high in some type of bacteria or mold that thrives in standing water.

After the research I did, I found that the deep sweep heads aren't as effective as the rotating heads. I use the pro white heads, but between the circular heads it is more a personal preference than a performance difference.

daklus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daklus
gak0090 wrote:How long does a charge last? I hate having chargers plugged in- I would rather use AA's if this thing needs charged like every week.

The website says 10 days. If you brush twice a day, then that seems to be accurate. I've only had mine for 2 weeks, but I expect that this battery life will decrease over time.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
daklus wrote:The website says 10 days. If you brush twice a day, then that seems to be accurate. I've only had mine for 2 weeks, but I expect that this battery life will decrease over time.

Thanks for the reply. I hate dealing with chargers all over the bathroom.

dsbyrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbyrd
scapsinger wrote: . . .

Just an FYI. I think that travel case is rad.

I agree. Twice I have checked into a hotel and heard a strange noise. One time I was convinced it was a construction crew drilling in the room next door. I even called the front desk to complain, and while I was on the phone, I discovered the noise was coming from my Oral B that had somehow been switched on in my duffle bag!