+ Add a Comment

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

(Casual/Hardcore/Inexperienced/Experienced)
ALL Welcome

Heya fellow Wooters!

I've generated this thread for everyone to talk about their favorite games, share their experiences, discuss new gaming news/culture and maybe even find some new/unknown games and gamers to play with!

Ever barely escaped defeat in MTG?

Ever wanted to reroll a character halfway through a game?!

Ever bought a board/video game only to find it's the WORST VIDEO GAME in existence?
($69.99...LOST4EVER)

Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about games you've played.

Quality Posts

ROGETRAY

Staff

My current fave PC Games for March:

HammerWatch
(1-4 players; indie dungeon crawler)

Starbound
(single/mutliplayer 2D platformer/pixel construct game (Minecraft + 2d Side Scroller + Dungeon Crawler + Space Exploration)

Infinity Wars
(CCG like Magic; Free-to-play; animated cards; 3D battlefield)

Hearthstone
(CCG from WOW/Blizzard) VERY ADDICTIVE!)
[Catch me ONLINE to battle - USERNAME: "INQUISITORQ"]

Monsters and Munitions
(Angry Birds minus the Birds, add Tanks + CCG elements)

Desktop Dungeons
(puzzle-esque dungeon crawler, RPG and puzzle elements)

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

With a nearly 1-year-old baby, my gaming has suffered dearly in the past year.
Xbox 360 for me. I think the last game I beat was Assassins Creed Black Flag. Borderlands 2 before that. I have a bunch of free games (games with gold) that I've yet to even try. Someday I'll catch up...some day... I'm really interested in Bungie's Destiny, but haven't even had a chance to look into it lately.

ROGETRAY

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:With a nearly 1-year-old baby, my gaming has suffered dearly in the past year.
Xbox 360 for me. I think the last game I beat was Assassins Creed Black Flag. Borderlands 2 before that. I have a bunch of free games (games with gold) that I've yet to even try. Someday I'll catch up...some day... I'm really interested in Bungie's Destiny, but haven't even had a chance to look into it lately.

I'm still rocking the Xbox 360 as well.
I prolly won't go next gen PS or Xbox for awhile, until the library gets larger and the console gets cheaper ;)

Destiny looks SOOO good, I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for it on the 360.

I also play around on the Xbox with XCOM: Enemy Unknown (also Enemy Within), CIV Revolution, COD: Ghosts and Arkham Origins.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Which video games are these screenshots from?
(No prizes;but mad gamer respect?)

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Can't name them all but I do recognize Metal Gear and Quake III Arena.

[MOD EDIT: 2 out of 6 correct! ]

ROGETRAY

Staff

Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?]

Here are today's picks:

RISK

It's my belief that NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD HAS EVER FINISHED AN ENTIRE GAME OF RISK.

True story.

DARK SOULS

I started this game and within two days nearly almost destroyed my video game system.
I know many, many other people have endured the pain this game can cause, but I opted to step away and avoid further discomfort

MICKEY MOUSECAPADES

This game I WANTED to finish as a kid. It's not so long of a game to finish, but I ended up getting grounded by my mom and she sold it.
(I kinda ran my bike into the garage door).

ZELDA II: The Adventure of Link

PEOPLE BEAT THIS GAME? It was farrrrrr too difficult and scary of a game when I was a kid. The music that played in the dungeons...I honestly don't know why I got so easily spooked.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:

Which video games are these screenshots from?
(No prizes;but mad gamer respect?)

#1 looks like too many other games... Only ones I knew without looking were Metal Gear and Castlevania (don't know which). The Metal Gear game was great, but I don't think I ever beat it. Never got into any of the Metal Gear games released after it.

conanthelibrarian

Huge fan of Zelda. When I was a kid I was not able to play it as much as I would of liked since the NES was in my brothers room. I was stuck with the TurboGraphix-16.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:Huge fan of Zelda. When I was a kid I was not able to play it as much as I would of liked since the NES was in my brothers room. I was stuck with the TurboGraphix-16.

Any great games on the TurboGraphix-16?
I don't know if I ever played/owned that system.

conanthelibrarian

ROGETRAY wrote:Any great games on the TurboGraphix-16?
I don't know if I ever played/owned that system.

The game I played most often was World Class Baseball but also played Pac-Land and Raiden. World Class Baseball was actually pretty fun but I loved Pac-Land, I am a sucker for anything Pac-Man related.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Did noone guess your games yet? I feel like I totally know them!

Final Fight
Metal Gear
Dracula X
Zombies ate my Neighbors (one of the best games EVAR!!!!)
Vectorman (? never played that one but I feel like I remember the character looking like that-)
Quake III Arena-

:D

ROGETRAY

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Did noone guess your games yet? I feel like I totally know them!

Final Fight
Metal Gear
Dracula X
Zombies ate my Neighbors (one of the best games EVAR!!!!)
Vectorman (?)
Quake III Arena-

Yes!! All correct!

(P.S I think Dracula X was also Castlevania IV...is that right?)

oakenspirit

ROGETRAY wrote:My current fave PC Games for March:

HammerWatch
(1-4 players; indie dungeon crawler)

Starbound
(single/mutliplayer 2D platformer/pixel construct game (Minecraft + 2d Side Scroller + Dungeon Crawler + Space Exploration)

Infinity Wars
(CCG like Magic; Free-to-play; animated cards; 3D battlefield)

Hearthstone
(CCG from WOW/Blizzard) VERY ADDICTIVE!)
[Catch me ONLINE to battle - USERNAME: "INQUISITORQ"]

Monsters and Munitions
(Angry Birds minus the Birds, add Tanks + CCG elements)

Desktop Dungeons
(puzzle-esque dungeon crawler, RPG and puzzle elements)

Been meaning to pick up starbound- So it's great then? :D

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:The game I played most often was World Class Baseball but also played Pac-Land and Raiden. World Class Baseball was actually pretty fun but I loved Pac-Land, I am a sucker for anything Pac-Man related.

WHAT?! PAC-LAND?! hahahah
I've never heard of it!

It looks REALLY different:

Guess I'm gonna have to find a way to play it

oakenspirit

ROGETRAY wrote:

Yes!! All correct!

(P.S I think Dracula X was also Castlevania IV...is that right?)

I don't remember- but it was a SNES Castlevania game- the one after SUPER CASTLEVANIA I think- so, yeah- probably. :D YAY!

(been meaning to make a shirt of that guy for ages- haha!)

ROGETRAY

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Been meaning to pick up starbound- So it's great then? :D

YES! Starbound is fantastic.
If I were Siskel or Ebert, two thumbs up.
[EDIT: Siskel! ;)]

There are a lot of "2D, side-scrolling, Minecrafty" clones out there right now and it's my opinion that it's the best out.

There is also Terraria, Edge of Space and Craft the World (to name a few)
http://gameslikefinder.com/games-like-terraria/

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
ROGETRAY wrote:WHAT?! PAC-LAND?! hahahah
I've never heard of it!

It looks REALLY different:

Guess I'm gonna have to find a way to play it

I spent a bunch of time in my youth playing pacland also.

Only the arcade version, which is faithfully reproduced within MAME.

Just do yourself a favor and try to play with a stick, not a pad.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I play the more silly games. Love the Lego Video Game line, except Lord of the Rings. Couldn't get into that one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

oakenspirit

dougall wrote:I spent a bunch of time in my youth playing pacland also.

Only the arcade version, which is faithfully reproduced within MAME.

Just do yourself a favor and try to play with a stick, not a pad.

The arcade one was actually pretty rad- I loved RUNNING AS FAST AS I COULD through the levels... heh

It was like super meat boy frantic...

I am also in the new kids/less gaming boat- my current gaming is on pc and wiiu- (the ultimate mix in my mind) Been mainly playing Hearthstone, Wolf among us and Walking dead 2 on PC, and castlestorm and Mario 3d world on wii u-

ALSO- Love the badge! ;) Rad Rogetray!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Man Zombies Ate My Neighbors was HARD AS HECK.

Right now @skemmis, @slydon and I sporadically play Mario 3D World which is the cutest and funnest cat game.

I semi-recently played the crap out of the new Zelda game on the 3DS and it made me super nostalgic for all things Nintendo.

Dat familiar map.

So now I'm also playing Skyward Sword, which is lovely and silly.

oakenspirit

agingdragqueen wrote:Man Zombies Ate My Neighbors was HARD AS HECK.

Right now @skemmis, @slydon and I sporadically play Mario 3D World which is the cutest and funnest cat game.

I semi-recently played the crap out of the new Zelda game on the 3DS and it made me super nostalgic for all things Nintendo.

Dat familiar map.

So now I'm also playing Skyward Sword, which is lovely and silly.

:D exactly- I am trying to talk my wife into seeing any logic in letting me get our daughter a 3ds (shes 2) just so I can play that zelda game...

Skyward Sword was super rad- made me long for a Miyazaki/Miyamoto dream team game-

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

oakenspirit wrote::D exactly- I am trying to talk my wife into seeing any logic in letting me get our daughter a 3ds (shes 2) just so I can play that zelda game...

Skyward Sword was super rad- made me long for a Miyazaki/Miyamoto dream team game-

Yeah, it's been lovely- I skipped it when it came out and I don't know why! A Link Between Worlds is so fantastic (it helps that my favorite Zelda has been A Link To The Past), you gotta go for it. There's a ton of really awesome games out for the 3DS lately, I wrote the system off early on for being way too niche, but it's served me well.

conanthelibrarian

ThunderThighs wrote:I play the more silly games. Love the Lego Video Game line, except Lord of the Rings. Couldn't get into that one.

I do own Lego Indiana Jones and enjoy playing although it has been a while. I have got to try Lego Batman.

hcsencsi

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hcsencsi

Anyone ever play Travian? I nearly missed Christmas one year because of it.

Booger Face

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:I do own Lego Indiana Jones and enjoy playing although it has been a while. I have got to try Lego Batman.

My favs are Star Wars Saga, Lego City Undercover, and the recent Marvel one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme

No matter what new stuff comes out, the first thing I do when I get a new console is load it with emulators and play my old favorites on it.

Right now, I've been playing a lot of Rogue Legacy.

jalopatin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jalopatin
ROGETRAY wrote:

Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?]

Here are today's picks:

RISK

It's my belief that NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD HAS EVER FINISHED AN ENTIRE GAME OF RISK.

True story.

DARK SOULS

I started this game and within two days nearly almost destroyed my video game system.
I know many, many other people have endured the pain this game can cause, but I opted to step away and avoid further discomfort

MICKEY MOUSECAPADES

This game I WANTED to finish as a kid. It's not so long of a game to finish, but I ended up getting grounded by my mom and she sold it.
(I kinda ran my bike into the garage door).

ZELDA II: The Adventure of Link

PEOPLE BEAT THIS GAME? It was farrrrrr too difficult and scary of a game when I was a kid. The music that played in the dungeons...I honestly don't know why I got so easily spooked.

how did axis & allies not make this list?

ROGETRAY

Staff

jalopatin wrote:how did axis & allies not make this list?

I'm ashamed to say...

I'VE NEVER PLAYED AXIS AND ALLIES!

I've always wanted to though!

Other folks have told me the same though, that the game is extremely long to play.
(Maybe why I never attempted? haha)

Does it play similar to Risk? It appears to have the same setup.

oakenspirit

Well- this thread cost me 15 bucks so far- broke down and bought starbound- Trying it out after school today-

Anyone else looking forward to SHOVEL KNIGHT!>?>?! Just a few more days-

conanthelibrarian

Have you seen the super awesome deal at deals.woot?!? Batman: Arkham Origins is currently on sale for $19.99 over at Best buy. I have been wanting to play this game for a long time but way too cheap to actually purchase it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I first played Pong in a bar. It was flat, built into a table. I thought it was a technological wonder.

ROGETRAY

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Well- this thread cost me 15 bucks so far- broke down and bought starbound- Trying it out after school today-

Anyone else looking forward to SHOVEL KNIGHT!>?>?! Just a few more days-

No regrets! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts/review on the game.

AND YES...Shovel Knight does look pretty sweet :D
Looks like Duck Tales meets Wizards and Warriors LOL

ROGETRAY

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:
I first played Pong in a bar. It was flat, built into a table. I thought it was a technological wonder.

I remember the pizza joint in my small hometown had Pong and also the Tron arcade game.

I used to love to grab a slice and try and do the races.

Also, whenever I played, I always imagined that an alien life force would beam down to Earth and recruit me for my Tron skillz.

Last Starfighter anyone? lol

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Who remembers George Plimpton?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

daveinwarshington

miken927 wrote:Who remembers George Plimpton?

Yeah. A bit. He tried playing different sports or something. It was just to say he played them, he wrote a book about it, I think.

daveinwarshington

ROGETRAY wrote:I remember the pizza joint in my small hometown had Pong and also the Tron arcade game.

I used to love to grab a slice and try and do the races.

Also, whenever I played, I always imagined that an alien life force would beam down to Earth and recruit me for my Tron skillz.

Last Starfighter anyone? lol

Pong was the only choice. It was the mid 70's, and the bar was the only place with that. The Pac-Man game came out a few yrs later, which really helped. Pong was getting kinda old....

daveinwarshington

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

Between work and family, I don't get a lot of time to game.

When, I do, it's on the PS3.

I tend to play one game until the next one comes out. It wasn't a problem in the past until I got into FPS Call of Duty (starting with MW2). Then, that game and the DLC would take up all my time until the next one dropped the following year.

With so many other games going unplayed, I did not re-up with COD this time around, and while I miss it, I haven't had a hard time filling the void.

These days I mostly hang out online with friends in Los Santos playing GTA:V online.

If I'm going to fire up a game with my 8-year-old son, we like to play Portal 2 or LittleBIGPlanet.

hisgrossness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hisgrossness

a fairly significant portion of my life has gone into playing teh Elder Scrolls III.. Yup, I have many happy memories running around Morrowind stealing everything that wasn't nailed down.

ooOOOoo Limeware! Posh!

why are you reading this