zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Choose Your Samsung 1080p LED Smart TV
Price: $269.99 - 1449.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, May 15 to Tuesday, May 20) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/9/2014 - $269.99 - 1,049 - 44 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Product Page for the 65 inch
Product Page for the 60 inch
Costco Reviews for the 60 inch

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

depward

quality posts: 6 Private Messages depward

I have a 32" Samsung that I've had for... quite a long time. Those that have done the TV upgrade before: is a 32" >> 46" a nice leap? Worth the investment?

Keep in mind: I purchased my current 32" LCD from CIRCUIT CITY for a shade over a cool grand. So while I believe I'm due for an upgrade my wife may think not.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) on the UN32EH5300 over at walmart.com and check out the product page

nematheydary

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nematheydary

Is this a deal?

sleepypuet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepypuet

What does refurbished typically mean for TV? Can I trust these to last as long as new? What are possible risks?

Iotech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iotech
depward wrote:I have a 32" Samsung that I've had for... quite a long time. Those that have done the TV upgrade before: is a 32" >> 46" a nice leap? Worth the investment?

Keep in mind: I purchased my current 32" LCD from CIRCUIT CITY for a shade over a cool grand. So while I believe I'm due for an upgrade my wife may think not.

Yes, 46" is an upgrade and will be a noticeable upgrade. However, I upgraded from a 42" to a 60". With that said, I would go for a 55" if I were you and if you have the space. The price is very reasonable, especially considering that you spent over a grand for your 32" way back when. And trust me, you wouldn't regret it. Your wife probably wouldn't either.

Robert Corrales

orubin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orubin

Bought the 50" the last time these were on Woot. It is quite big actually. The set is full of apps and built in wifi makes set up a breeze, it's a smart TV, so it is supposed to learn from you, but this did not come with the optional set top box transmitter so the TV can control the set top, so we had to turn the smart stuff off. But the picture is excellent.

orubin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orubin
sleepypuet wrote:What does refurbished typically mean for TV? Can I trust these to last as long as new? What are possible risks?

Something broke. It went back to the manufacturer or an authorized re-work facility, the problem was fixed, the set checked out, and sold for a big discount. The only risk I have seen with refurbished is that during rework, they did not catch all the problems. Not typical though.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

If I were to get one of these, I would get a 55" or bigger. It looks like the sweet spot, pricing wise, is the 60" which seems to be about $375 cheaper than Amazon.

The 50" and smaller are 60Hz TVs which means that they would suck for any amount of motion (i.e. movies, sports, etc.). Ignore the "Clear Motion Rate" as it is pure marketing.

The 55" and bigger also includes the more modern DTS and surround sound modes found on Bluray, etc. Of course, you wouldn't necessarily notice unless you hooked up an external sound system to it.

Here are the real refresh rates:

UN65F6350A 65IN 1080P 120HZ
UN60F6350AF 60IN 1080P 120HZ
UN55F6350 55IN 1080P 120HZ
UN50EH5300 50IN 1080P 60HZ
UN46EH5300 46IN 1080P 60HZ
UN40EH5300 40IN 1080P 60HZ
UN32EH5300 32IN 1080P 60HZ

Compared to new on Amazon:

65" - Woot is $300 cheaper
60" - Woot is $375 cheaper
55" - Woot is $300 cheaper
50" - Same price
46" - Woot is $120 cheaper
40" - Woot is $30 cheaper
32" - Woot is $10 cheaper

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

I have a 24" Samsung Smart TV in the bedroom and I rather like it. I like the network connectivity (no cable box in that room) because it's easy to connect to Netflix or HBO GO etc. All in all, I think Smart TV's are a great choice, 'cause who has a Xbox in every room anyway?

jsalvalzo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsalvalzo

This seems like the better way to go for a 60inch, brand new and basically the same price when you add in the $400 gift card. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7612378&dgc=CJ&cid=47997&lid=4279734&acd=10550055-4485850-a39a509da129412bab6c8b7509e740c7

thedodahman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedodahman
depward wrote:I have a 32" Samsung that I've had for... quite a long time. Those that have done the TV upgrade before: is a 32" >> 46" a nice leap? Worth the investment?

thedodahman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedodahman

With the value for the dollar that current TV's offer over what you paid for the 32 incher, you're only being prudent to jump to the largest screen you can comfortably afford. I personally kicked up from a 27" to a 52" and am extremely happy with the decision.

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

Strongly considering the 55" to replace a JVC 61" that is on its last legs. I'd love the 60" but things being what they are here the 25% discount over 5" will likely out. Will have to re-measure to see how well it fits into the existing space.

ewilliams2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewilliams2001
jsalvalzo wrote:This seems like the better way to go for a 60inch, brand new and basically the same price when you add in the $400 gift card. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7612378&dgc=CJ&cid=47997&lid=4279734&acd=10550055-4485850-a39a509da129412bab6c8b7509e740c7

The $400 gift card???

stegsnstups

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stegsnstups

Found this handy site that breaks down the samsung tv model numbers. http://www.whatsthemodel.com/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sleepypuet wrote:What does refurbished typically mean for TV? Can I trust these to last as long as new? What are possible risks?

Refurbished covers everything from buyers' remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

Extended Warranty
Note that you can also purchase an extended warranty through SquareTrade from the features. Just select a size first, and then click on the SquareTrade box.

Delivery on 50" and up TVs
TVs that are 50" or larger will ship freight. Make sure your Account Information has a good phone number and the correct physical address so the carrier can schedule a delivery appointment. Please allow a little extra time for transit on these larger TVs.

More Stuff
Don't miss the two Plus events loaded with other goodies for your TV.

Home Theater Speakers & Components
Speaker systems, speakers, mounts, receivers, Blu-ray players, and more.

Home Theater Accessories & More
Cables, TV mounts, TV Outdoor covers, and more.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

I've had a 720p 32" samsung TV for 9 years now. This TV has been completely flawless and never once given me an issue.

I use this TV as my monitor and TV and even with the heavy use, it's still kicking. I can't even imagine how many hours I have burned into that TV.

Samsung make some lasting products in my experiences.

danjreed

quality posts: 8 Private Messages danjreed
stegsnstups wrote:Found this handy site that breaks down the samsung tv model numbers. http://www.whatsthemodel.com/

We have the UN40EH5300, got it a few months back at Costco.

TV works really well, decent sound, very good picture.

My only gripe is the stupid annoying "smart TV" interface. Its slow, overly "jazzy" - and worst of all, - Netflix is hit or miss. Sometime it works, for two weeks - then it crashes. Have to reset the TV to get it back. The "smart hub" interface also randomly updates itself - but then pesters you with a "HEY LOOK AT ME I UPDATED PRESS OK TO GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE ENJOYING BEFORE I INTERRUPTED WHAT YOU WERE ENJOYING - DID I MENTION THAT I UPDATED?!"

Which causes much sadness to my 6 year old when it shows up on his TV time.

Amazon Prime TV works great, and is a huge plus.

There is an iPhone/Android app, but its pretty limited - it used to be much better before they updated it...

drwstr123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drwstr123

Purchased a Samsung smart TV in November...crapped out in December. They could NOT supply authorized repair facility with necessary part. They would NOT replace TV. After months of calls and emails, they replaced it in April. Never again will I buy a Samsung product.

Burritoclock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burritoclock

LOL I just bought the 55" from Amazon on friday for $300 more. Curses!

iconofsin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iconofsin

Bought the 46inch last time it was up there. This TV is great, especially if you have Samsung Smart devices on the same wifi network.

Being able to send videos and pictures that are stored on your phone to the TV without a stutter is such an amazing feature.

Accelerator

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Accelerator
Burritoclock wrote:LOL I just bought the 55" from Amazon on friday for $300 more. Curses!

Perhaps you can return it to Amazon and buy this one today from Woot! Your return to Amazon can be a Woot! refurb sale in a few months :-)

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

These are all 120 or 60 hz. I just can't justify replacing my little 42" 240 hz TV. It's awesome! I'll just sit a little closer to make it bigger.

xbigxdavex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbigxdavex

Buyer BEWARE i bought one in NOVEMBER. It arrived broken after months of e-mails i recieved info to return it, which i did months ago BUT still no refund ?????? BEWARE !!!!!!

[MOD: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll email CS so they can look into it.]

gcretro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcretro

What/How does the square trade extended warranty offer?
Is it easy to deal with?

Betty0076

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Betty0076

Still $5.00 shipping, no matter the size?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Betty0076 wrote:Still $5.00 shipping, no matter the size?

You betcha!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

Our buyer is having a _____ Monday but he's decided to lower the price for a couple of the models.

(PS: Dadblasted Amazon keeps lowering their prices right after we set up our sales!)

The 32” was $269.99; now $259.99 The 40” was $379.99; now $359.99

If you already purchases these models, money will come flying back to you shortly.

FORUM MODERATOR

vhagar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vhagar

I want to chime in as I've had a UN50F6400 since September of last year. While the picture quality is excellent, and the features for customing that picture quality are also excellent so that I'm able to create a really beautiful picture for blu-rays, the "Smart" features on the TV can be very frustrating. They worked well for about 3 months before things started to get bogged down; apps often don't start on the first try and have a tendency to stop working (namely apps which stream content such as Amazon Video and Netflix). Just wanted to throw out a cautionary note on the Smart functions based on my experience.

SWFCPilot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SWFCPilot

For the 32", I'd get it new verses refurbished off Amazon for $20 more (as of 5/12 at 10:30am central). Plus as a Prime member, free shipping.

I've bought too much to list.

teedo757

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teedo757

Am I silly for wanting to hold off and get one with 3d? Not sure if anyone out there uses it anymore....

thebridgemen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebridgemen

I purchased a refurbished Samsung 55" smart TV from Woot at the beginning of April. The model they are selling now is slightly newer...and has a couple better specs. for the same $799.00 price. It was new, in a brown OEM box, good packaging and everything was there. I don't know what was "refurbed", it was like new. I have had it for a month, my TV is perfect and works like a charm. The picture is so realistic, and the depth perception so good, I think 3-D is a fad. This is the one to buy, 55" seems to be the best size per dollar. When I bought it a month ago, everything was at least $250 more on Amazon, Walmart, etc. I am very happy with this purchase....go for it, don't be afraid.

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5

Be careful when buying Samsung. I screwed on my last TV buy from them. I got a 52" TV 13 months later it started to act up. They saved all of $10 by using an underrated capacitor in the power supply. Do a search on clicking Samsung tv to read about it. Even though they knew of the defect they feigned ignorance until a class action suit was filed. Unfortunately that didn't help those of us who tried to get this fixed before they were sued. So you can be sure Samsun will try to save pennies and then deny any claims.

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
teedo757 wrote:Am I silly for wanting to hold off and get one with 3d? Not sure if anyone out there uses it anymore....

3D is a fad that came and went. You will rarely use the feature, I've used it may 3 times in 2+ years I've had my 3D tv. Not to mention that after a while you start to get headaches. I would not wait for that feature.

HiFiSi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HiFiSi
loaba wrote:cause who has a Xbox in every room anyway?

People who don't buy refurbished TV's ;)

hartjo1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hartjo1

I have the 65". Very happy with the TV, but the stand is completely inadequate for a TV of the size. It wobbles like a bowl of Jello. Plan on wall-mounting it.

whaleymn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whaleymn

I think this is a great deal. I have been looking for this exact model 60". I bought it last time around. Be warned, make sure you have the freight guy open the box and check it for damage. Mine did not appear to be damaged from the outside. However when we opened it we found the top corner of the tv shattered. I refused delivery and woot refunded my money. Very quickly I might add, so good job woot!