zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 TAB-Stravaganza
Price: $109.99 - 199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

3-tab makes me think that this tablet is a shingle. But maybe I am the only one in the contracting business.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page of the 10.1, 8.0, and the 7.0

woncoolone

quality posts: 1046 Private Messages woncoolone

jonboy74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonboy74

Damn, just bought the 10.1" in the woot off for $219. nothing like seeing a 10% price drop in 2 days. damn.

[MOD: We're taking care of those that bought during the woot-off. The $20 should be flying back in your pockets soon.]

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

Seems like 8" is the way to go?

buellwinkle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buellwinkle

I've own several tablets and I have to say that Samsung makes the worst of them all. They use a proprietary charger connector (not usb). Battery life is mediocre. Battery doesn't sustain a charge over time like other tablets. They have the Samsung front end over Android which is annoying. Then I have apps that work on other Android devices and then crash on Samsung, including my Galaxy S4 phone.

They only redeeming value is they typically have an IR emitter, so you can use as a remote. The apps it comes with for this are not that good, wrong programming, wrong channels. My only hope is that someday I can find a good remote control app with channel guide that is accurate. When you think even OTA channels would be accurate, wrong.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
buellwinkle wrote:I've own several tablets and I have to say that Samsung makes the worst of them all. They use a proprietary charger connector (not usb). Battery life is mediocre. Battery doesn't sustain a charge over time like other tablets. They have the Samsung front end over Android which is annoying. Then I have apps that work on other Android devices and then crash on Samsung, including my Galaxy S4 phone.

They only redeeming value is they typically have an IR emitter, so you can use as a remote. The apps it comes with for this are not that good, wrong programming, wrong channels. My only hope is that someday I can find a good remote control app with channel guide that is accurate. When you think even OTA channels would be accurate, wrong.

The Tab 3 uses a microUSB connector. As far as the other things you mentioned. I have encountered none of those problems with my Tab 3 7.0

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
buellwinkle wrote:I've own several tablets and I have to say that Samsung makes the worst of them all. They use a proprietary charger connector (not usb). Battery life is mediocre. Battery doesn't sustain a charge over time like other tablets. They have the Samsung front end over Android which is annoying. Then I have apps that work on other Android devices and then crash on Samsung, including my Galaxy S4 phone.

I own a Note II and my wife has an S4...we have had no issues with battery life or app compatibility at all! The Tab 3 10.1 uses a standard micro USB (I checked on the Interwebs to make sure). And as much as I really like plain vanilla Android (I had the Nexus S before the Note) I find Samsung's customizations to pretty good for the most part...although I guess I can understand why someone else would think otherwise.

YMMV of course...but I'm considering the 10.1 for my daughter as a reward for her good grades this year...anything better than this for the price?

phoenix12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phoenix12

I also disagree with the charger and battery comments.

Also, a small correction to the listing... the Samsung product page says the 7 inch is expandable to a max microSD of 32GB, not 64.

http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/model/SM-T2100ZWLTTT-techspecs

[MOD: That's the Latin American site which is different for some reason. Here's the US site that says up to 64GB]

carlivar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlivar

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
sdkammer wrote:I own a Note II and my wife has an S4...we have had no issues with battery life or app compatibility at all! The Tab 3 10.1 uses a standard micro USB (I checked on the Interwebs to make sure). And as much as I really like plain vanilla Android (I had the Nexus S before the Note) I find Samsung's customizations to pretty good for the most part...although I guess I can understand why someone else would think otherwise.

YMMV of course...but I'm considering the 10.1 for my daughter as a reward for her good grades this year...anything better than this for the price?

I have apps on my S4 that will not run on my Samsung Galaxy Pro Tab or my Nexus 7. Many apps will say phone only, but will run on a tablet.
You may want to consider a new Galaxy 4 8" Tab rather than an older larger product. You would have a new Tab with the latest Android.
You will also get a one year warranty.

votm2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages votm2006

If you want an 8 inch tablet, check out the Dell Venue 8. It has a 2ghz proccesor, 2gb ram and 32gb storage. I got mine for 179 brand new.

I used to love samsung but after buying their best products I'm left very disappointed. My Note 2 is still running 4.1 and my NX300 still has bugs. The tab 3's were such a minor upgrade over the 2's and way behind the Dell Venue so I bought the Dell. There is no support from samsung and they dont seem to care much about what their customers think about anything.

Goodbye samsung and good ridence.

bidiploid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bidiploid

I purchased a 8 inch Tab 3 from Woot. I also own an Ipad Air, a 7-inch android tablet and a Galaxy Note 3 phone. I love the Galaxy tab 3, and now use it more than the Ipad Air. I like the 8-inch screen for reading medical texts and stream movies from the SD card to my chromecast.
The Galaxy tab is a great product and I would purchase again at this price. It runs adroid 4.2.2 (I don't remember if I had to update it to that version). The tablet is snappy and rarely (if ever) hangs on a task. It runs 100% of my android phone and tablet apps. The IR blaster is a nice feature over other android tablets, although I only occasionally use it.
Negatives: Samsung android 'bloatware': I'm not too bothered by it as I was familiar with it from my Note 3 phone. The Samsung bloatware is pretty easily avoided if unfortunately not uninstallable without rooting. The biggest downside to the 8-inch is a lack of 8-inch zippered cases (compared to 7-inch tablets). A previous poster alluded to a proprietary charger-while the Galaxy Note 3 phone uses a proprietary charger OR micro USB, the Galaxy tab 3 8-inch uses only a micro USB to charge and connect to PCs.
Bottom line: The Galaxy tab 3 8-inch is a great product, with very few downsides; I highly recommend it.

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
bidiploid wrote:I purchased a 8 inch Tab 3 from Woot. I also own an Ipad Air, a 7-inch android tablet and a Galaxy Note 3 phone. I love the Galaxy tab 3, and now use it more than the Ipad Air. I like the 8-inch screen for reading medical texts and stream movies from the SD card to my chromecast.
The Galaxy tab is a great product and I would purchase again at this price. It runs adroid 4.2.2 (I don't remember if I had to update it to that version). The tablet is snappy and rarely (if ever) hangs on a task. It runs 100% of my android phone and tablet apps. The IR blaster is a nice feature over other android tablets, although I only occasionally use it.
Negatives: Samsung android 'bloatware': I'm not too bothered by it as I was familiar with it from my Note 3 phone. The Samsung bloatware is pretty easily avoided if unfortunately not uninstallable without rooting. The biggest downside to the 8-inch is a lack of 8-inch zippered cases (compared to 7-inch tablets). A previous poster alluded to a proprietary charger-while the Galaxy Note 3 phone uses a proprietary charger OR micro USB, the Galaxy tab 3 8-inch uses only a micro USB to charge and connect to PCs.
Bottom line: The Galaxy tab 3 8-inch is a great product, with very few downsides; I highly recommend it.

You can put some of the bloatware apps to sleep.

alee7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alee7

Samsung uses a standard micro-usb charger connection. I had a Samsung Galaxy S and now using a Samsung Galaxy SIII with no problems with any apps.

Yes Samsung includes their own apps but so does every other vendor. Every vendor puts their own front-end. If you wanted pure Android you should have gotten a Nexus from Google.

I also just bought the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" refurb from Woot at the end of March when they were selling it for $159 so $149 is an even better price. I have had no battery problems with either the tablet or the SIII.

The factory refurbished unit looked new, no scratches no blemishes, etc. I like the 8" size. My friends have a 7" Nexus which is nice but I like my bigger screen and yet it is still very light. This is not my first tablet. I have a Toshiba Thrive (one of the first generation of 10" tablets when they first came out.) I think 8" is a good balance between size and weight. I've seen refurb Nexus 7 (1st gen) go for less but the 1st gen Nexus only has 1GB of RAM (2GB on the 2nd Gen and 1.5 for this Galaxy Tab 8") Also the Nexus 7 has either 16 or 32 and 32GB bumps the price up. this 8" Galaxy Tab has a micro SD card slot. I recommend the 8" unit.

bergmanf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bergmanf

Compare with the 16GB Lenovo IdeaTab S6000, which has a better processor and goes for ~$220 shipped.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
sdkammer wrote:

I have a galaxy note 8" that I think would be excellent for a student. http://moofi.woot.com/offers/samsung-galaxy-note-8-tablet-w-pouch-2 moofi has it on sale today for about $200. The thing that is cool about the Note, that my other tablets don't have, is the wacom digitizer screen. This allows for writing and drawing with the included pen to be way better than on a standard screen. It's a really good and useful (especially for a student) feature to have on a tablet. This tablet also comes with a quad core Exynos 1.6 ghz chip, which is better than the dual-core in todays 10.1. If you don't mind giving up a little screen real estate, the Note 8" is a better all-around tablet for the price.

royalpet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royalpet

Download PEEL to use as a remote. If you can't PEEL to work correctly then the problem is you.

es04567

quality posts: 0 Private Messages es04567

Any input on a good tablet to use to stream from Netflix and Helu? Will this tablet do the job or should I be looking elsewhere?

cchrone

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cchrone

Thanks. everything you mentioned is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

royalpet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royalpet

I have the 10.1 Tab 3. Runs many apps at same time without noticing a slow down. The only problem is that after the Android update i can't watch video anymore. Anybody got a fix for this?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
es04567 wrote:Any input on a good tablet to use to stream from Netflix and Helu? Will this tablet do the job or should I be looking elsewhere?

My unit works just fine for Netflix, etc., even quite a ways away from my router.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
cchrone wrote:Thanks. everything you mentioned is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I guess you didn't read the overwhelming number of positive comments that seem to make the negative one seem a bit out of step? My Samsung is great.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jrh22539 wrote:I want my last order sent to [MOD: address removed]

We do not change addresses on orders for your security. You can cancel your order in the first 15 minutes and resubmit it. There's a link on how to do this in my signature (it's in the order details).

If it's past that time, you can email support@woot.com and they'll advise you on what you can do from your end. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
royalpet wrote:I have the 10.1 Tab 3. Runs many apps at same time without noticing a slow down. The only problem is that after the Android update i can't watch video anymore. Anybody got a fix for this?

Specifically I don't know what might have caused this. But to watch video, the best android app to use is MX Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad. This will fix your problem, and it's the best video player out there that will play any file, has great onscreen options...Install this and you won't miss your old video player.

mervone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mervone

I find samsung tablets to be about the best android tablets on the market. By putting some of the bloatware to sleep you are basically customizing and speeding up the product. I like the tab 3 series because they rarely freeze. These are also decent prices. Go Woot!!!!

WOOT IPSA LOQUITOR -- "The Woot speaks for itself"

bolts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolts

The Galaxy tab 3 7" is ridiculously slow and there are no ROMs available atm for anyone thinking to flash cyanogen mod or whatever on it...

Ask me how I know.

wdee219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdee219

I bought a tab 3 10.1" for $219 and another tab 3 10.1" with the belkin keyboard for $249, both are working fine so far with no problems at all, battery life seems ok, too.

garretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretta

agree on reply.

I've been using NOTE 3 8.0 and wife has TAB 3 8.0 -- the form factor, performance, and battery is really good.

I'll be selling my two gen2 Nexus 7's -- and Asus TF701.

prttymf8 wrote:The Tab 3 uses a microUSB connector. As far as the other things you mentioned. I have encountered none of those problems with my Tab 3 7.0

garretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretta

assume none are new 2014 version of NOTE 3 ?

nancy33498

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nancy33498

I purchased the Tab 8" on a Woot special about two months ago. It is "okay." Very disappointed with how fast the battery drains (yes, I have the settings to save power etc) and it's rather slow. However, for the $, it's a handy tablet to have around to surf the web, check email and play a few games.
The color/resolution is very good.

Nancy Snap

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007

Crap, the 8" white version sold out in the time between putting it in my cart and clicking order, just because i paused for a minute to check one last review
Hopefully the brown color scheme looks pretty nice...

Wundt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wundt

Why does this happen to me? I just bought two new Samsung 8" tab3's for my kids. If I had waited a week I could have saved some cash... oh well...

I love my Samsung Note 10.1, so much so that every member of my family now has either a Note or Tab.

- Battery life good, mine is 2 years old and only needs charging during the day if I watch a lot of movies on Netflicks. Under normal usage it lasts over 12 hours.

- Processor power, I have never seen any significant lag.

- Screen, good resolution and responsiveness.

My only complaint is the amount of Samsung and Google bloatware. I am getting constant update requests from preinstalled (and thus, not uninstallable) apps.

amiable1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amiable1

Am I the only one afraid to pull the handle on a refurbished tablet?

I bought a refurbished ASUS tablet here on Woot! and it died after seven months.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

amiable1 wrote:Am I the only one afraid to pull the handle on a refurbished tablet?

I bought a refurbished ASUS tablet here on Woot! and it died after seven months.

Technically, these are FACTORY REFURBISHED with a Samsung warranty.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dsmmrm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dsmmrm

No GPS? No deal.

[MOD: It has GPS location services built in but it will only work when you have an active Wi-Fi service.]

bary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bary
jonboy74 wrote:Damn, just bought the 10.1" in the woot off for $219. nothing like seeing a 10% price drop in 2 days. damn.

[MOD: We're taking care of those that bought during the woot-off. The $20 should be flying back in your pockets soon.]

made my day! thank you thank you thank you. WOOT ROCKS!

amiable1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amiable1
ThunderThighs wrote:Technically, these are FACTORY REFURBISHED with a Samsung warranty.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

You are right, I stand corrected. But so was the ASUS Tablet I bought here. My original question remains -- am I the only one afraid to pull the handle on a "factory refurbished" tablet?