WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Speed to First Woot:
13m 42.006s
First Sucker:
LSB4000
Last Wooter to Woot:
owtytrof
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 34% of Woot.com Woots
Top 17% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 24% first woot
  • 11% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 20% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 19% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 63% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
2%
1%
1%
1%
2%
4%
7%
9%
8%
7%
6%
6%
5%
5%
4%
4%
3%
3%
4%
5%
4%
5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]


Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Price: $289.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, May 30 to Monday, Jun 02) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/26/2014 - $289.99 - 91 comment(s)
4/12/2014 - $289.99 - 97 comment(s)
12/14/2013 - $299.99-499.99 - 105 comment(s)


5/12/2014 - $289.99 (Woot Plus)
4/17/2014 - $289.99 (Woot Plus)
12/31/2013 - $499.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3472 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at crutchfield.com and pretty good review (8 out of 10) and some helpful pictures over at trustedreviews.com


kmsshaffer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer

I purchased one of these from Woot last time they were on sale. For the price it's not bad. Though it sounds no where near as as good the system it replaced, a Denon THX cert control amp with three Adcom power amps, you really cant expect it to perform as well. It has many excellent features though be warned, it is the most difficult system I've ever set up. I used the 1-800 number I found in the reviews on woot and the support fellow was excellent. However, I still can not figure out how to have it play as a two channel stereo with two speakers and the sub. It always defaults to the 6 channel stereo (5.1). So, though I found it difficult to configure, I was considering buying a second one. If you can deal with the set-up, I'd say it's a darn good buy.

mjampolsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjampolsky
kmsshaffer wrote:I purchased one of these from Woot last time they were on sale. For the price it's not bad. Though it sounds no where near as as good the system it replaced, a Denon THX cert control amp with three Adcom power amps, you really cant expect it to perform as well. It has many excellent features though be warned, it is the most difficult system I've ever set up. I used the 1-800 number I found in the reviews on woot and the support fellow was excellent. However, I still can not figure out how to have it play as a two channel stereo with two speakers and the sub. It always defaults to the 6 channel stereo (5.1). So, though I found it difficult to configure, I was considering buying a second one. If you can deal with the set-up, I'd say it's a darn good buy.



Um... turn off the extra speakers in the setup?
Did you use the setup mic? That will do it for you.

CowBear


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CowBear

Last time they had an Onkyo rep on this forum and he helped me get the HDMI board replaced on my old receiver for free. That kind of customer service is a rare find these days. And my receiver works like it's brand-new.

Tegeril


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
mjampolsky wrote:Um... turn off the extra speakers in the setup?
Did you use the setup mic? That will do it for you.



Yeah seriously, Onkyos are actually very easy to configure.

bigdogtimc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogtimc

Bought this on Amazon about 6 months ago. LOVE IT in the movie room. Bought another today (for about $200 less here on Woot!) for the main room (where admittedly we do most of our viewing). This receiver had everything I need, works great, and delivers completely satisfactory results.

Admittedly I don't watch movies or listen to music at 105db and I'm not an audiophile purist, but it is everything I had hoped it would be and more. Looking forward to having another one.

Oh, and I thought the setup was pretty easy. I RTFM, and huzzah.

Thanks, Woot!

jeff32210


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeff32210

I got this last time it was on Woot and I really like it. Set up was pretty easy, although I did have to call the tech support line at one point to help me with a menu setting I couldn't figure out, but they were helpful and I was on my way.

Here's what I like:

Two independent zones. I can listen to Pandora outside by the pool while someone else watches a movie in the den.

Remote app. I can control volume,change stations, skip songs, and perform basic control functions from my phone. Great for when I'm poolside.

However, a complaint: The app could really use some work. The UI is unintuitive and clunky at best. It offers no shuffle functionality so if you are a Spotify Premium subscriber and you want to listen to a playlist, you have to listen to it in order. This is not a Spotify issue. Onkyo needs to fix their app. I find this omission quite ridiculous. Speaking of streaming music subscriptions, Google Play Music All Access is not an option here, which again, Onkyo should address.

There are work arounds of course. Plug your phone or computer into the receiver or connect via Bluetooth and you can bypass Onkyo's app shortcomings, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of having these services built in.

That being said, I'm very happy with this receiver overall. I was going to buy it brand new, but this deal saved me $200 so I'm even happier.

robbroncs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbroncs

will this convert composite IN and component IN to the HDMI OUT??

the Onkyo I have now will not. which really sucks for my old gaming consoles which do not have an HDMI option.

thanks for your help

tonyp063


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063
robbroncs wrote:will this convert composite IN and component IN to the HDMI OUT??

the Onkyo I have now will not. which really sucks for my old gaming consoles which do not have an HDMI option.

thanks for your help



Yes it will. From the product page

Qdeo™ technology from Marvell upscales standard video to silky-smooth 1080p (for regular HDTVs) and to an incredible 4K on compatible displays.

ScottFromWyoming


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
jeff32210 wrote:

Here's what I like:

Two independent zones. I can listen to Pandora outside by the pool while someone else watches a movie in the den.



Is this true? I bought a cheapish stereo amp a couple of years ago without checking it over and was shocked to find it (and many others) don't even have the option to choose A or B or A+B speakers.

Wouldn't this basically mean it has two amplifiers in it? Okay okay I'll go read the specs again.

Multi-Zone Audio and Bi-Amping Capability
The TX-NR626 features Powered Zone 2 banana-plug speaker terminals and Zone 2 line-outs. This means you can power audio in another room equipped with stereo speakers, using the remote app to manage playback across both zones. You can also assign surround channels to bi-amp your front monitors.



Okay 10% of the words there make no sense to me but it sounds like what I want. Thanks...

bclinton1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bclinton1

Here is a former Onkyo fans perspective....I have owned 2 myself and my dad owned one that I told him to buy. All 3 had heat issues and HDMI sync issues. We spent a lot of money. When I contacted Onkyo support - even though a lot of other users reported the same problems (so they obviously had a design problem out of the factory) I got no where. Finally got tired of it and went with Yamaha. You might say that was then and they are better now. Later today the Onkyo rep will come on and answer all the negative posts like this with a canned response. Roll the dice if you want to or spend your money a a Company that stands behind their stuff.....

electricfx


quality posts: 4 Private Messages electricfx

This is my second onkyo (I upgraded last time this was offered on woot). I love them both. Lots of features for the price. Drives my 7.1 Mirage nanosat speakers and they sound amazing. And this thing gets a workout since it's setup in my living room with multiple game systems, dvr, and turntable. I have never had an issue with either unit. Switches HDMI inputs like a boss. I like the wifi, cell phone app, and the onscreen controls this new model adds especially when increasing the volume. It's nice to see that on the screen. I wish I could disable that bright wifi light, but that's nothing a small piece of electrical tape wont fix soon.

drakar2007


quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007
bclinton1 wrote:All 3 had heat issues and HDMI sync issues.



Were your models this one (the 626) or a previous model line, though? Onkyo is apparently aware of both heat and HDMI board issues in previous model lines, and has taken steps to remedy those issues in newer releases. FWIW I have one of these units from a few WOOTs ago and it only gets a little warm after being left on constantly, unlike my old 606 which got hot and had a blown HDMI board.

adamcvinson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamcvinson

I have purchased an Onkyo receiver and mine barely lasted over two years before the sound went out...completely. Apparently this is a pretty common problem with Onkyo. If I cannot get mine repaired I'm gonna go with Yamaha. Heard they are great and last.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
kmsshaffer wrote:I purchased one of these from Woot last time they were on sale. For the price it's not bad. Though it sounds no where near as as good the system it replaced, a Denon THX cert control amp with three Adcom power amps, you really cant expect it to perform as well. It has many excellent features though be warned, it is the most difficult system I've ever set up. I used the 1-800 number I found in the reviews on woot and the support fellow was excellent. However, I still can not figure out how to have it play as a two channel stereo with two speakers and the sub. It always defaults to the 6 channel stereo (5.1). So, though I found it difficult to configure, I was considering buying a second one. If you can deal with the set-up, I'd say it's a darn good buy.





Hello kmsshaffer; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we really thank you for your great appraisal and feedback on your NR 626. We believe you purchased a great receiver, if we can say so, and want to again provide you with some assistance to configure your receiver for 2.1 audio broadcast.

Go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver (TOOLBOX) and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press ENTER again. Scroll down to 2.2 SPKR CONFIG and press ENTER; then make the following choices in this submenu:

SUBWOOFER: YES
FRONT: 80 Hz (THx)
CENTER: NONE
SURROUND: NONE

When completed, press the HOME button repeatedly to fully exit the submenus. This should now advise the processor that you are ONLY running a 2.1 audio system and not broadcast a 5.1 or 7.1 audio output. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Fuerzo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuerzo

Does this receiver support ARC thru HDMI?

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
CowBear wrote:Last time they had an Onkyo rep on this forum and he helped me get the HDMI board replaced on my old receiver for free. That kind of customer service is a rare find these days. And my receiver works like it's brand-new.




How was your Memorial Day weekend CowBear?? I'm so glad to read your feedback and also thank you for your cooperation and belief in our revamped support services. On behalf of Onkyo USA; we thank you for your choice in Onkyo and humbly appreciate customers like yourself for your support.

wootplantz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootplantz

So, can I buy wireless speakers to join to this receiver? My wife wants no wires!

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
Fuerzo wrote:Does this receiver support ARC thru HDMI?





Hello Fuerzo, YES- many of our receivers since 2010 support Audio Return Channel via HDMI (via HDMI v. 1.4a rated cables). There is also a menu option under HARDWARE SETUP---> HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) & AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL that must be enabled for the support of this feature. Your TV must also support Audio Return Channel as well for this to successfully operate.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
bigdogtimc wrote:Bought this on Amazon about 6 months ago. LOVE IT in the movie room. Bought another today (for about $200 less here on Woot!) for the main room (where admittedly we do most of our viewing). This receiver had everything I need, works great, and delivers completely satisfactory results.

Admittedly I don't watch movies or listen to music at 105db and I'm not an audiophile purist, but it is everything I had hoped it would be and more. Looking forward to having another one.

Oh, and I thought the setup was pretty easy. I RTFM, and huzzah.

Thanks, Woot!





Hello bigdogtimc, this is Onkyo USA's Product Support department and we thank you for your continuing support and choice in Onkyo and our NR 626 receiver. As widely mentioned; we are very proactive in assisting you with any unforeseen issues and will always provide 24 hour Product Support assistance to you for any questions or concerns you may have via phone (800-229-1687), support forum: (forums.onkyousa.com) or email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com.

We again wish you countless hours of AV enjoyment with your two NR 626's and know you will enjoy movie night at home even know now.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
jeff32210 wrote:I got this last time it was on Woot and I really like it. Set up was pretty easy, although I did have to call the tech support line at one point to help me with a menu setting I couldn't figure out, but they were helpful and I was on my way.

Here's what I like:

Two independent zones. I can listen to Pandora outside by the pool while someone else watches a movie in the den.

Remote app. I can control volume,change stations, skip songs, and perform basic control functions from my phone. Great for when I'm poolside.

However, a complaint: The app could really use some work. The UI is unintuitive and clunky at best. It offers no shuffle functionality so if you are a Spotify Premium subscriber and you want to listen to a playlist, you have to listen to it in order. This is not a Spotify issue. Onkyo needs to fix their app. I find this omission quite ridiculous. Speaking of streaming music subscriptions, Google Play Music All Access is not an option here, which again, Onkyo should address.

There are work arounds of course. Plug your phone or computer into the receiver or connect via Bluetooth and you can bypass Onkyo's app shortcomings, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of having these services built in.

That being said, I'm very happy with this receiver overall. I was going to buy it brand new, but this deal saved me $200 so I'm even happier.





Hello jeff32210; this is Onkyo USA's Product Support department and reading your posts- we thank you for your feedback and for your excellent choice in Onkyo and our receivers. As always- if you have any questions or concerns; please contact us via phone (800-229-1687, option # 3), support forum (forums.onkyousa.com) or email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com).

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
ScottFromWyoming wrote:Okay 10% of the words there make no sense to me but it sounds like what I want. Thanks...




Hello ScottFromWyoming; this is OnkyoUSA's Product Support and to answer your question: the ZONE 2 feature is like having two amps inside one receiver. It can broadcast the SAME or INDEPENDENT audio source thru both listening zones.

NOTE: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

deemery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

Does this support Apple AirPlay?

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
adamcvinson wrote:I have purchased an Onkyo receiver and mine barely lasted over two years before the sound went out...completely. Apparently this is a pretty common problem with Onkyo. If I cannot get mine repaired I'm gonna go with Yamaha. Heard they are great and last.





Hello adamcvinson; this is Onkyo USA's Product Supprot department and upon reading your post- it is evident that you do not currently own a TX-NR 626. Nevertheless; we would love to assist you with your receiver and the end result being you once again have a great sounding receiver, as intended when you made the choice to Onkyo.

We apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your receiver and would like to further assist you to having your unit evaluated and serviced at an authorized Onkyo service center. Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt from an authorized Onkyo dealer along with the full serial number (found on the rear of the receiver). Please also provide your FULL mailing address and contact number as well via email to parts@us.onkyo.com [Add in the subject line: FB Moderator Request]. The Parts & Services department will be the department to possibly assist and provide a one-time extended warranty authorization for the repair of your receiver.


Adam- this is an easy process and I will personally monitor and ensure no hiccups occur in having your current receiver serviced. We again apologize for the issue you are reporting with your receiver; but we'd like to offer our full assistance to helping resolve this promptly.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
bclinton1 wrote:Here is a former Onkyo fans perspective....I have owned 2 myself and my dad owned one that I told him to buy. All 3 had heat issues and HDMI sync issues. We spent a lot of money. When I contacted Onkyo support - even though a lot of other users reported the same problems (so they obviously had a design problem out of the factory) I got no where. Finally got tired of it and went with Yamaha. You might say that was then and they are better now. Later today the Onkyo rep will come on and answer all the negative posts like this with a canned response. Roll the dice if you want to or spend your money a a Company that stands behind their stuff.....





Hello again bclinton1- I have personally tried to reach out to you and offer all available assistance to your reported issues. You have NOT replied back and this was my last comment to you earlier this year:

this is the Onkyo USA Product Support representative and we have constantly reached out to you to better understand your issue and offer ANY options to resolve your issue.

We would again like to lend an ear and see what issue(s) you'd like to refresh our memories and offer some resolutions that were probably not available to you previously. As we have assisted and helped many current and previous customers with their issues; I would love the opportunity to further assist you personally.

Please send a detailed email to my attention at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I will respond back promptly. As always bclinton1- we thank you for your continuing interest in Onkyo.

BClinton1- the door is still open for us to actually provide some assistance and resolution for your issues. We do appreciate your interest in our products and sales and would like to assist you today.

lordwootptor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordwootptor

Bought one the last time this model was on sale. It replaced an older defective Onkyo model. I was reluctant to purchase another Onkyo after the last one failed, but I couldn't pass up the price for the features I need (powered zone 2).
So far it's been great. Controlling a receiver with an app is new to me, but I like it (despite the app being a little counter-intuitive). The only complaint I have is that Zone 2 won't output from HDMI sources. Since all my devices use HDMI, and I'm not planning on connecting a bunch of RCA cables just for Zone 2, I'm going to have to live with it. Download the app to your phone and place it in demo mode if you want to see what sources can be sent to Zone 2. It's not a huge deal breaker for me because my Zone 2 speakers are outside, and the only thing I'd want to send would be music, so Pandora and FM is probably all I need anyway.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
wootplantz wrote:So, can I buy wireless speakers to join to this receiver? My wife wants no wires!




Hello wootplantz; the NR 626 currently only supports wired speaker connection. It will NOT output audio via Bluetooth to BT speakers. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
deemery wrote:Does this support Apple AirPlay?





Hello deemery; while this receiver doesn't support Apple AirPlay for audio playback- it does support Bluetooth and is easily AirPlay accessible with the use of Apple TV or the DS-A5 connected onto our receiver.

deemery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery
onkyousa wrote:Hello deemery; while this receiver doesn't support Apple AirPlay for audio playback- it does support Bluetooth and is easily AirPlay accessible with the use of Apple TV or the DS-A5 connected onto our receiver.

Thanks. I can hook up an AppleTV or Airport Express to any receiver with audio in or TOSLink. AirPlay is the one feature that would make me open my wallet to replace my current receiver.

snapperh3ad


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snapperh3ad

Does anyone know if this takes the surround sound through the HDMI cable? We have a similar receiver, and you have to use optical to get surround. That wasn't clear in the manual, and took a whole lot of searching around before I found that out.

sdempster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdempster

I bought one of these several weeks ago from woot when it was $10 more....

I have a problem with it where the HDMI will cut in and out if it gets too hot. It is in open air but the picture will start to flicker after 30 minutes of use. Doing a google search it appears the HDMI board is overheating. I contacted woot and they won't do anything about it. I contact Onkyo and they want me to pay to send it back for repair. So not only do I have to pay out of pocket I will be without my 'new' receiver.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company to do a charge back. First and last Onkyo equipment I will own.

I hope others have better luck.

Bigscout79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigscout79
snapperh3ad wrote:Does anyone know if this takes the surround sound through the HDMI cable? We have a similar receiver, and you have to use optical to get surround. That wasn't clear in the manual, and took a whole lot of searching around before I found that out.



It certainly plays "surround sound" through just the HDMI cable from my dvr/googletv/ps3.

mikes123


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikes123

Warning, the networking in Onkyo's receivers is flawed, it violates well established Internet standards (RFCs), and produces a significant amount of network traffic even when the unit is in standby (which is especially significant if you expect to connect it via WiFi). The result is that their receivers simply "don't play well with others."

Onkyo is aware of the issues, claims they were by design, and seems not to be interested in fixing them. Why they would deliberately design a product with defects is unexplained.

bclinton1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bclinton1
onkyousa wrote:Hello again bclinton1- I have personally tried to reach out to you and offer all available assistance to your reported issues. You have NOT replied back and this was my last comment to you earlier this year:

this is the Onkyo USA Product Support representative and we have constantly reached out to you to better understand your issue and offer ANY options to resolve your issue.

We would again like to lend an ear and see what issue(s) you'd like to refresh our memories and offer some resolutions that were probably not available to you previously. As we have assisted and helped many current and previous customers with their issues; I would love the opportunity to further assist you personally.

Please send a detailed email to my attention at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I will respond back promptly. As always bclinton1- we thank you for your continuing interest in Onkyo.

BClinton1- the door is still open for us to actually provide some assistance and resolution for your issues. We do appreciate your interest in our products and sales and would like to assist you today.



Hello again Onkyousa....like I said in this post and the others that I leave to warn folks about Onkyo....I do not have either receiver any more. You can't help me. I have a Yamaha receiver and it simply works great. I can only warn other buyers before they waste money on Onkyo receivers like I did.

onkyousa


quality posts: 30 Private Messages onkyousa
sdempster wrote:I bought one of these several weeks ago from woot when it was $10 more....

I have a problem with it where the HDMI will cut in and out if it gets too hot. It is in open air but the picture will start to flicker after 30 minutes of use. Doing a google search it appears the HDMI board is overheating. I contacted woot and they won't do anything about it. I contact Onkyo and they want me to pay to send it back for repair. So not only do I have to pay out of pocket I will be without my 'new' receiver.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company to do a charge back. First and last Onkyo equipment I will own.

I hope others have better luck.





Hello sdempster; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department- reading your post I would like to personally assist you in having your receiver evaluated at an authorized service center if needed. I would also like to have or on site technician contact you b as well via Skype or phone call to better assess your reported issue and advise if servicing is needed.

Please provide your contact information to this email address along with a suitable timeframe when you are near your unit for our technician to assist you. Please email to information to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com ATTN: Woot Moderator. If needed, we can inquire about shipment arrangements further to appease abd resolve your issue with your NR 626, as your NR 626 now has internal fans and better heatsinks. It also can provide the current internal temp of the receiver & if it registers above 150 degrees Fahrenheit, the internal fans become active. You also seemed not to fully disable the HDMI DEEP COLOR feature to eliminate the video flickering.

bclinton1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bclinton1
sdempster wrote:I bought one of these several weeks ago from woot when it was $10 more....

I have a problem with it where the HDMI will cut in and out if it gets too hot. It is in open air but the picture will start to flicker after 30 minutes of use. Doing a google search it appears the HDMI board is overheating. I contacted woot and they won't do anything about it. I contact Onkyo and they want me to pay to send it back for repair. So not only do I have to pay out of pocket I will be without my 'new' receiver.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company to do a charge back. First and last Onkyo equipment I will own.

I hope others have better luck.



You certainly are not alone.....if you are thinking about buying Onkyo first you should google "HDMI problems with Onkyo"......it may change your mind....

couchie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages couchie

Wondering if Onkyo allows access to a Plex media server running on the network it is attached to.