2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dahat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dahat

It is now past midnight in the one true time zone... Central.

Where is my Birthday of Celebrations

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Once you use one of these you wont want to use anything else ever again. They're pretty darn amazing.

Edit: A.. A qual... first quality post of 2014? I think it might be

gwaki

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gwaki

Happy Birthday WOOOOOTTT!!!!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

I have mixed feelings about yesterday's game, but really, really love the Ballad of Woot. Seriously, to the point that I'm really happy it's on the main page even though I've already heard it several times in the past 24 hours.

Also, KitchenAid stand mixers are amazing.

PS I said happy birthday in the Thank You post comments, but now I feel like I'm coming across like a She-Beast. So, happy birthday again, woot! From here, this page!

Edit, 12:25 am--I have listened to the Ballad of Woot four times.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Happy Birthday and thanks for an incredible day yesterday. Was actually really fun!

And these stand mixers rock! They are functional and make baking and cooking a breeze. And they look great on the counter too!

MelloDev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MelloDev

Happy Birthday WOOT
i have been around here for almost as long as you have. Missed you by one month. Thanks for all of the memories & sleepless nights!!

http://imgur.com/VZ5feSU

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Ohh i really want one of theseeee

clcsmiles

quality posts: 9 Private Messages clcsmiles

I've been stalking these for years...I want my own little buttercup! Alas, small kitchen+minimal storage space=sad buttercupless heart.

deoncam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deoncam

Happy Birthday Woot!

Sorry I missed your first year, but the last nine have been great!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at belk.com

Let's watch a video

and

Let's compare the KitchenAid Classic to the KitchenAid Artisen

blancofan1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blancofan1

These Artisan mixers are great. Very rarely can you find them in stores for under $275ish so a good deal as well.

Plus with all the attachments options they are very versatile.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

mossygreen

blancofan1 wrote:These Artisan mixers are great. Very rarely can you find them in stores for under $275ish so a good deal as well.

Plus with all the attachments options they are very versatile.

And when they are on sale, it's usually just 2 or 3 colors (generally black-white-red or seasonal clearance), so having such a full palette at once is great.

screamin96

quality posts: 1 Private Messages screamin96

Not a bad deal. You can save about $60 though (after Woot tax/shipping) by buying a refurb on eBay..

KitchenAid Artisan 5qt Stand Mixer $199.99 shipped

p.s. Happy Birthday!

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
clcsmiles wrote:I've been stalking these for years...I want my own little buttercup! Alas, small kitchen+minimal storage space=sad buttercupless heart.

Keep it in the refrigerator (or front hall closet, or the middle of the dining room table, whatever) if you have to, they're totally worth it.

(I have a small kitchen too, totally get it, but this is seriously the best appliance I ever got. No regrets.)

mossygreen

clcsmiles wrote:I've been stalking these for years...I want my own little buttercup! Alas, small kitchen+minimal storage space=sad buttercupless heart.

Ah, but the idea is that you use it for everything and it takes the place of every appliance you have except for the toaster.

I'm not saying that will happen, but that's the ideal.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

Happy Birthday Woot!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
screamin96 wrote:Not a bad deal. You can save about $60 though (after Woot tax/shipping) by buying a refurb on eBay..

KitchenAid Artisan 5qt Stand Mixer $199.99 shipped

p.s. Happy Birthday!

while that is true and it's significant savings i'd like to point out that that one doesn't come with the 20 dollar pouring shield

jtoubeaux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtoubeaux

Bappy Hirthday oowt!
eie verie mutch vank uow

clcsmiles

quality posts: 9 Private Messages clcsmiles

You guys are totally making it difficult to contain my impulsive nature by giving me more positive reasons to purchase a buttercup!

jomarch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomarch

Get one anyway... it is worth the space sacrifice. I have a very small kitchen and waited years to get one of these. Now each time i use it i kick myself for waiting so long. You won't regret giving up the space for it.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Wish it was $10 >_>

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

mossygreen

Many things would be better if they were $10. Other things would be much worse.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

Missed out on my choice of colors the last couple times this was up... this time I was torn between 2! Can't believe I'm finally gonna own one of these... I've been coveting my mother's for 20+ years!

>insert funny quote here<

razorc03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages razorc03

Woot broke my bank yesterday, so no money to buy this.
However, my mom has one of these things and she's been rocking it for over 15 years.
This mixer is a solid investment.

kingofthekongo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingofthekongo

I have a stand mixer that's a slightly different model than this, but I've also used this same model. Both are incredible. If you enjoy baking, this mixer will completely change how you work in the kitchen. Even if you don't like baking, this mixer will either make you want to bake more or help just about everywhere else in the kitchen. Having the option to mix something completely unattended is a huge help for things like beating eggs into stiff peaks and gradually adding ingredients for recipes that call for it. This mixer can do a ton, and what it can't do, there's probably an attachment for it.

Fun fact: you can actually shred cooked chicken very quickly by just tossing bits of chicken into the bowl with the paddle attachment on.

redcore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redcore
clcsmiles wrote:You guys are totally making it difficult to contain my impulsive nature by giving me more positive reasons to purchase a buttercup!

Totally get it! Great deal, great colors, great investment I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas (light pink, really hard to find) and she loves it; pretty much became a part of the decor unlike any other kitchen appliance :P You won't regret it.

redcore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redcore
screamin96 wrote:Not a bad deal. You can save about $60 though (after Woot tax/shipping) by buying a refurb on eBay...

I REALLY considered getting a refurb because that's a pretty nice savings, but in the end the longer warranty of a new model felt worth spending more (just in case). That on top of refurbs lacking some accessories, and the savings didn't make as much sense in the end.

notann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notann

Don't forget to go to amazon.com after you buy one, and search on "KitchenAid mixer decals".

SassKatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SassKatt

I have had my KitchenAid mixer since 1973, my mother got her's back in the 60's and they are both still going strong. That said, choose your color wisely. The mixer will outlast any trendy color choices. I love mine, but wish I could do something about that 70's avocado green.

tejo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tejo
SassKatt wrote:I have had my KitchenAid mixer since 1973, my mother got her's back in the 60's and they are both still going strong. That said, choose your color wisely. The mixer will outlast any trendy color choices. I love mine, but wish I could do something about that 70's avocado green.

Like someone said above - go to Amazon and search for decals. My mom was so discouraging me about my choice of white, and three kitchens later, I am still happy with it. Not as flashy, but this one excellent piece of equipment.

I got my mom a older one on ebay a shade of yellow they no longer use) a few years ago that needed a few things redone. Over 20 years old, updated the outdated cord and the baseplate. Other than that, just needed a cleanup. You won't regret the purchase.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

I could use one of these to make you a birthday cake Woot! Happy birthday, sorry I missed the party yesterday.

wehrd1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wehrd1

I hope you got it - because that color is now SOLD OUT

I LOVE mine - got it at Kohls on a big sale and after my Kohl's cash I got it for $98. Yep...$98 for THIS model

It was white (which will go with every decor) but I really really wanted RED

RSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSteve

Keep in mind, the Artisan is only 325 watts; the lowest power of the KitchenAid stand mixers.

patric9956

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patric9956

Here's to another 10 years!! From the Squirrels.

stateburgsteg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stateburgsteg

Waited for a long time before I succumbed to the Kitchenaid mystique, but I am soooo glad I did. Pricey, but worth it.

offeredremains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages offeredremains

If you buy one of these, or already have one, you absolutely MUST get a Beater Blade as seen here: http://amzn.to/1q5vHYo It is so amazing! You'll wonder how you ever lived without one.

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

I am an avid baker. I got a 4.5qt in white for my 21st birthday and I used it for 10 solid years until I adjusted the screw improperly trying to use one of the newfangled scrape and beat heads and the thing wobbled horribly every time I used it, hopping nearly off the counter. I should have probably tried to get it repaired, but the 4.5qt was too small for my usual double batches of cupcakes (or triple...) so I didn't want to get it fixed. My husband got me a 6qt in Cobalt blue for my birthday two years ago and I *love* it. The 4.5qt was fantastic for me for so long and I gave it to a friend who is using it - even broken - and she tells me once a month about something she has made with it, she is so happy to have it.

I bought the 5qt as a wedding gift in Majestic Yellow for a family friend and she loves it. If you are on the fence, jump off. You won't regret it - it's a good price and a great machine. Good luck picking a color.