zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Google Nexus 7 16GB Tablet (Gen 2)
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Aug 27 to Monday, Sep 01) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/30/2014 - $139.99 - 0 comment(s)
4/22/2014 - $169.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)

8/4/2014 - $139.99 (Woot Plus)
5/2/2014 - $169.99 (Woot Plus)
2/21/2014 - $169.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

barkwoot

quality posts: 121 Private Messages barkwoot

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

whats the app availability?

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Shop Divvy via eBay offers the factory-refurbished, second-generation ASUS Nexus 7 16GB 7" Android Tablet, model no. NEXUS7-ASUS-2B16, for $129.99 with free shipping. That's tied as the lowest no-rebate price we've seen for a refurbished unit and the lowest total price we could find for a refurb today by $35. (We saw one for $10 less three weeks ago, but it required a rebate.) Features include a 7" 1920x1200 touchscreen, Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB flash memory, 5-megapixel rear camera, 1.2-megapixel front camera, Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11n wireless, HDMI, and Google Android 4.3 OS (Jelly Bean). A 90-day Asus warranty applies.

Newegg had it a few days ago for $103 after rebate.
Newegg offers the refurbished 2nd-generation ASUS Nexus 7 16GB 7" WiFi Android Tablet, model no. NEXUS7-ASUS-2B16, for $102.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's $27 under yesterday's mention and the lowest total price we've ever seen for this model. (It's also the best deal we could find for a refurb now by $57.) Features include a 7" 1920x1200 touchscreen, Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB flash memory, rear and front cameras, Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11n wireless, HDMI, and Google Android 4.3 OS (Jelly Bean). Deal ends August 25. To get this deal:
Add the ASUS Nexus 7 16GB 7" WiFi Android Tablet to your cart for $169.99
apply coupon code "VCO" and checkout with Visa Checkout to drop the price to $152.99
redeem this $50 mail-in rebate for a final price of $102.99
Note: A 90-day warranty applies, but it's unclear who backs it.

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

Many Many good reviews from Best Buy

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3527 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

SOOOO much info for you over at engadget.com and check out this review over at trustedreviews.com

ruinbug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinbug

world Warranty???

[MOD EDIT: Today's offer lists - Warranty: 90 Day Asus]

ruinbug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinbug
ruinbug wrote:world Warranty???

[MOD EDIT: Today's offer lists - Warranty: 90 Day Asus]

us warranty?? world warranty??

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ruinbug wrote:us warranty?? world warranty??

More than likely the warranty coverage limited to North American purchases, however you can check with the ASUS Warranty page for further information:
http://www.service.asus.com/#!warranty/c22lj

bullrocky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bullrocky

i own one of these.....if you want a small tablet, you should buy one......

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

You can't go wrong at this price, this is a great tablet. Full HD, and although it doesn't include a microSD card slot (thanks, Google!) you can buy a cheap doohickey on ebay to use for SD/microSD card access, USB mounting (you can mount desktop hard drives!) and HDMI (I bought a dongle that does it all and costs only $8 or so)
The newegg deal was after a sucky $50 Visa cash card, at least this Woot deal is fair and square.

[edit] forgot to mention one thing: compared to Samsung's crappy tablets, when you get one of these you're practically guaranteed to get updates to the latest Android version (the same way the Nexus 5 gets updates right away while third party phones get them much later, and sometimes never)

tparadox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tparadox

Why is it always the Nexus 7 and never the Nexus 10? All these other, lesser tablets in the iPad's original form factor, but it's like nobody but me wants the Nexus 10.

fxfuji

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fxfuji

Better screen, RAM, and cameras than the recently announced Barnes & Noble Nook (basically a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, I believe), at a much lower price. The Nook does have a micro SD slot, but I'm thinking these days that a good home server is more important than tablet expandability.

TyWoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TyWoot

Nice price.

Nexus 8 (8.9" screen) is expected to launch soonish but this will be a higher end tablet with price to go with it.

fxfuji

tparadox wrote:Why is it always the Nexus 7 and never the Nexus 10? All these other, lesser tablets in the iPad's original form factor, but it's like nobody but me wants the Nexus 10.

I'd be interested in a Nexus 10 deal too, but I suspect that it's a matter of limited supply. There probably haven't been sufficient numbers of returned units to refurb and offer her.

I'd love to see Google sell a Nexus 12 or larger, but I think they may be scaling back their Android hardware efforts... they've made their point to the leading Android platform manufacturers, and pouring more resources into Nexus starts to look like creating unnecessary conflicts of interest (or at least picking the winners and losers).

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

FYI these have a common and annoying issue with the touchscreen not recognizing taps. Its pretty infuriating.

Souka

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Souka
TyWoot wrote:Nice price.

Nexus 8 (8.9" screen) is expected to launch soonish but this will be a higher end tablet with price to go with it.

They've already put pricing starting at $399

I just picked up one of these Nexus 7 tablets for $153 shipped, and a $50 visa rebate card...so $103 really.

I'd pass on this, more Nexus 2013 will be popping up soon for less than this offer

JimmyCarlyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmyCarlyle

I GUESS it's a pretty good deal...but yeah so just going to wait for the next gen and see what that has to offer.

oldhickorytony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldhickorytony

Absolutely loved my 32 gig version until it recently went belly up 5 days out of warranty.

"We have a date with destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!" from the Mystery Men

fxfuji

ericshmerick wrote:FYI these have a common and annoying issue with the touchscreen not recognizing taps. Its pretty infuriating.

Yes, it's well-documented that SOME users got units with this problem; however, mine hasn't exhibited it. One of the reasons I opted for the refurb'd Nexus is that I figured that it was likely that it would be tested for this issue.

cdhuttonsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdhuttonsc

Hmmm... I have one of these (love it), but the "reconditioned" status gives me pause.

What is the condition likely to be for the battery?

Until recently I was able to go days of light use. But now it runs down in 12-15 hours, with most of that in standby/idle (on, but screen off). No replaceable battery, of course.

mike516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike516

Is nexus a good brand for tablet?

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

a good price on a really good tablet, even tho it is a referb. have a gen 1 and it is a good tablet, this one has upgrades over mine.

wooting since 07.17.07

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob
mike516 wrote:Is nexus a good brand for tablet?

i would say yes, google has these built for themselves and have branded it as a nexus. good quality and great software updates on a timely basis as far as android goes with updates.

wooting since 07.17.07

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

I've own one since day one. Mine is a lemon. Reboots itself daily for reasons known only to itself.
Mostly while using google maps and chrome.
But I still like it.

Harpo

fxfuji wrote:Yes, it's well-documented that SOME users got units with this problem; however, mine hasn't exhibited it. One of the reasons I opted for the refurb'd Nexus is that I figured that it was likely that it would be tested for this issue.

Mine reboots itself daily.never could fix that problem.
Battery life is fine by me. Lasts all day with regular use.

AwRy108

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AwRy108
bayportbob wrote:i would say yes, google has these built for themselves and have branded it as a nexus. good quality and great software updates on a timely basis as far as android goes with updates.

I have the Gen 1 ver. of the Nexus 7, and I love it. The thing handles every app I throw at it with ease, and, because Google dictates the hardware, it's running the cleanest, purest, most current version of Android.

Also, mine has taken a lot of physical abuse, and it keeps on ticking.

My father has the Nexus 10, and he swears buy it, too. We're def. a Nexus family from now on. Couldn't recommend this Gen 2 Nexus enough--you'll be very pleased, good price or not.

jscofi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jscofi
bayportbob wrote:i would say yes, google has these built for themselves and have branded it as a nexus. good quality and great software updates on a timely basis as far as android goes with updates.

ASUS makes the nexus 7. Samsung makes the Nexus 10.
(HTC to make the Nexus 8)

jscofi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jscofi
mike516 wrote:Is nexus a good brand for tablet?

ASUS makes the Nexus 7

DerekM2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DerekM2

The best thing about the Nexus devices is that they are the first to be updated and do not have unnecessary manufacturer apps preinstalled.

You can also install the preview version of Android (Android L aka Android 5) on these from this link: https://developer.android.com/preview/setup-sdk.html

rilessean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rilessean

Did anyone catch the Galaxy Note reference in the write-up? Was today's description a refurb as well? ☺

"Qatar: 2,045,239. They bribed their way into a World Cup,and possibly the first one to be held in winter! And yet, they STILL have less population of this 10.1" Samsung Galaxy Note, assuming that pixels and people were the same thing."

[MOD: Whoopsie]

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
ericshmerick wrote:FYI these have a common and annoying issue with the touchscreen not recognizing taps. Its pretty infuriating.

Really? I've got 2 of these with not one problem. Had the previous version too. No problems with the screen.

sunny441

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunny441

I have a first gen Nexus 7 16GB, purchased in August 2012 and I love it.

Been thinking of upgrading, but on the fence about getting a refurb unit. My local Wally World has the 32 GB version for 215.

N6VMO

quality posts: 2 Private Messages N6VMO

Yes, my Nexus 7 is sitting in the closet because the touchscreen is failing. I tried all the recommended fixes. Stay away from Gen 2 Nexus 7s.

johncihak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncihak
Harpo wrote:Mine reboots itself daily.never could fix that problem.
Battery life is fine by me. Lasts all day with regular use.

I have the reboot problem too. Mine reboots about 1/week. But, I only use it about an hour every other day.

johncihak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncihak
cdhuttonsc wrote:Hmmm... I have one of these (love it), but the "reconditioned" status gives me pause.

What is the condition likely to be for the battery?

Until recently I was able to go days of light use. But now it runs down in 12-15 hours, with most of that in standby/idle (on, but screen off). No replaceable battery, of course.

Reconditioned units have the old original battery. It may be a year old and on its last leg or it may be a brand new customer return. Its luck of the draw. That's why I bought a customer return instead of a refurb.

To my knowledge the only refurbs that come with new batteries are iPads.

Harpo

lboban wrote:Really? I've got 2 of these with not one problem. Had the previous version too. No problems with the screen.

I owned the previous version too. Worked perfectly. Sold it to a friend who tells me a year+ later he has never had a problem with it.

realkeith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realkeith

My friend bought one of these the last time they put it up. When he opened it, it looked brand new. He uses it everyday. Then he asks me how I get Bags Of Crap.

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell
tparadox wrote:Why is it always the Nexus 7 and never the Nexus 10? All these other, lesser tablets in the iPad's original form factor, but it's like nobody but me wants the Nexus 10.

No, there are two of us. My wife has a Kindle Fire HDX 7". Great unit, but too small for extended use, i.e. text too small, etc. I'd be far more interested in a 10".