+ Add a Comment

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Because the Christmas/Holiday present thread is kind of dead, I created this new one in its place.

killingtime

I just bought myself this ring.

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
killingtime wrote:I just bought myself this ring.

very pretty

killingtime

pblgov wrote:

very pretty

Not bad for $25 + free shipping.

Zilla79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zilla79
killingtime wrote:

Not bad for $25 + free shipping.

That is beautiful... that is my birthstone.

--> Official Muse: Dodgeball #25

--=-=-=Penguin Assault Force=-=-=--

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
Zilla79 wrote:

Feb?

killingtime

Zilla79 wrote:

Well, happy birthday soon...

Zilla79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zilla79

Feb 6th. :-)

--> Official Muse: Dodgeball #25

--=-=-=Penguin Assault Force=-=-=--

killingtime

I need to find a necklace stand (substantial looking - not plastic) with felt pads on the feet to avoid potential scratches. My jewelry box leaves them tangled and thus I never wear them. Anyone have one that they are happy with or have seen any interesting ones? I need one that will hold quite a bit, not just 3-6.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
killingtime wrote:I need to find a necklace stand (substantial looking - not plastic) with felt pads on the feet to avoid potential scratches. My jewelry box leaves them tangled and thus I never wear them. Anyone have one that they are happy with or have seen any interesting ones? I need one that will hold quite a bit, not just 3-6.

Have you tried ebay that's where I found one last month. The older stands tend to look better and have more room for more jewerly.

killingtime

terrybatey wrote: Have you tried ebay that's where I found one last month. The older stands tend to look better and have more room for more jewerly.

I found some from China, but shipping is crazy!

killingtime

I also liked one from Bombay, but apparently they don't make them anymore?

pblgov

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not buying it myself but for you football fans that might be considering a SuperBowl party, there's a

Stadium Bundt Pan

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pblgov

daj59 wrote:Not buying it myself but for you football fans that might be considering a SuperBowl party, there's a

Stadium Bundt Pan

now try to make the cake pictured......

ThunderThighs

Staff

pblgov wrote:

now try to make the cake pictured......

Looks like a plain cake with a few pipes of frosting. That's not hard... and I hate to cook.

Edit: Although I do like make the Harvey Wallbanger Cake

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

killingtime

daj59 wrote:Not buying it myself but for you football fans that might be considering a SuperBowl party, there's a

Stadium Bundt Pan

Wow! That's something...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Laptop Tray
Definitely not the cheapest in the market but I liked the wrist pad which holds the laptop in place and the mouse pad. It's very nice.

BedLounge
Again, not the cheapest. Has really nice back & neck support. I don't like the cheapy ones because there's no upper back support. This one is very comfortable especially with the arm rests.

Now I'm all set to putter on my computer at night in bed before turning out the light.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:Laptop Tray
Definitely not the cheapest in the market but I liked the wrist pad which holds the laptop in place and the mouse pad. It's very nice.

BedLounge
Again, not the cheapest. Has really nice back & neck support. I don't like the cheapy ones because there's no upper back support. This one is very comfortable especially with the arm rests.

Now I'm all set to putter on my computer at night in bed before turning out the light.

I can't stand sitting up in bed. Have to be in a chair to read or whatever.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Laptop Tray

BedLounge

I've been using my woot wine box for a laptop tray since I got it.
The wood box. The wood box that they had with 3 bottles of monkey wine and a flying monkey during the last woot off. Right after I got 6 bottles. I don't drink 6 bottles of wine in a year.
I would rather have the wood box and the monkey.

I have a 12 inch laptop, but I bet a 15 inch would fit nice too.

Costco has what looks like a nice bed pillow. It looked like it would actually work.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

I am on a kick of buying magic cards (I used to play a lot and love the cards and the game) and spirograph stuff. Right now, I want to get a swing marker from the 421 set, but the cost is just too high. If I could find out the dimensions, I would be happy because I could make a template as it is just for marking holes. I just got this set which was more complete than the one pictured.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

I bought a new trash can the other day. Its very special, it has wheels!

acemom

zea3 wrote:I bought a new trash can the other day. Its very special, it has wheels!

Whoa!!!
Life in the fast lane, eh?

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
acemom wrote:
Whoa!!!
Life in the fast lane, eh?

Too extravagent, you think?

acemom

zea3 wrote:
Too extravagent, you think?

Geez! You only think of yourself and what you want!!!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Make fun if you want to, a good trash can is hard to find! Wheels are a must if you bring the can to the curb. Hubby just never understood that legally they don't have to empty a can that weighs more than 40 pounds. Not that they ever left the trash, but I can't carry the can most of the time because it weighs too much.

So zea, congratulations on the new can!
How are you getting rid of the old one? I found hiding it in really big plastic garbage bags is the only way.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

stlwooter

dontwantaname wrote:Make fun if you want to, a good trash can is hard to find! Wheels are a must if you bring the can to the curb. Hubby just never understood that legally they don't have to empty a can that weighs more than 40 pounds. Not that they ever left the trash, but I can't carry the can most of the time because it weighs too much.

How are you getting rid of the old one? I found hiding it in really big plastic garbage bags is the only way.

recycling centers take hard plastics.

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
dontwantaname wrote:Make fun if you want to, a good trash can is hard to find! Wheels are a must if you bring the can to the curb. Hubby just never understood that legally they don't have to empty a can that weighs more than 40 pounds. Not that they ever left the trash, but I can't carry the can most of the time because it weighs too much.

Why are all the good trash cans either married or gay?

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:

Why are all the good trash cans either married or gay?

Or crippled like mine was until my brother did surgery and made it all better.

I bought a %6 fan for my son's noisy video card. Couldn't find it local. Paid $6 shipping. That bites.

acemom

I ordered some nice silk throw pillows for my family room.
And some more sheets.

Someone needs to please stop me!!! I can't stop buying bedding!!

I think it's a disease, I'm not responsible.

ThunderThighs

Staff

acemom wrote:I ordered some nice silk throw pillows for my family room.
And some more sheets.

Good grief woman! I own 2 sets of sheets at a time -- one to wash while one is on the bed. When they get worn, I buy 2 more. I guess you can send me some. Or you can start using them to fill that pond you hate.

acemom

daj59 wrote:
Good grief woman! I own 2 sets of sheets at a time -- one to wash while one is on the bed. When they get worn, I buy 2 more. I guess you can send me some. Or you can start using them to fill that pond you hate.

OMG!! I have probably 10 sets of sheets!!
It's a disease, i tell you, I'm not responsible!!

Actually, I like nice smooth sheets and i change them all the time.
I know, it's weird.....but I could have a much worse fixation than bedding, eh?

stlwooter

acemom wrote:
OMG!! I have probably 10 sets of sheets!!
It's a disease, i tell you, I'm not responsible!!

Actually, I like nice smooth sheets and i change them all the time.
I know, it's weird.....but I could have a much worse fixation than bedding, eh?

sure, like pickled herring. Not too many of those you can keep around for a long time without being too weird.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
stlwooter wrote:
sure, like pickled herring. Not too many of those you can keep around for a long time without being too weird.

Hmm, better the check the date on the jar in the fridge.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kzelez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzelez
killingtime wrote:I just bought myself this ring.

Very nice!

tks oc

kzelez

acemom wrote:I ordered some nice silk throw pillows for my family room.
And some more sheets.

My disease is ordering books from AMAZON. Right now, I have a huge list of sale items from Coldwater Creek. I am hoping they run out of what I want before I spend money I do not have. Oh, and I have about 80 materials out from my library. Thank heavens I work there and don't pay fines.

tks oc

stlwooter

kzelez wrote:

My disease is ordering books from AMAZON. Right now, I have a huge list of sale items from Coldwater Creek. I am hoping they run out of what I want before I spend money I do not have. Oh, and I have about 80 materials out from my library. Thank heavens I work there and don't pay fines.

books are very addictive. I have so many on my to read stack that I could climb it and find giants!

kzelez

stlwooter wrote:
books are very addictive. I have so many on my to read stack that I could climb it and find giants!

My life will not be long enuf to read them all, yet there are always others taunting me to buy them.

tks oc

stlwooter

kzelez wrote:

My life will not be long enuf to read them all, yet there are always others taunting me to buy them.

same with movies

kzelez

kzelez wrote:

Ahhhhhhhgggghhhhhh........ I just accidentally deleted my Coldwater creek shopping list. Looks like my credit card will be spared for a moment. My kid seems to think we should eat, so I guess I'd better get out the cereal!

tks oc