barkwoot

quality posts: 61 Private Messages barkwoot

My 5.9lb Bags Of Our Crap:

I also got one other item:

Which I'm guessing was used by either Jason Toon or AgingDragQueen in this video for the Squirt Gun Marksmanship Ultimate Challenge!

Which inspired this lousy video:

My 8 year old proclaims this to be the best Bunch of Clipping ever!

Thanks Woot!

gti87

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gti87
mossygreen wrote:I am SO JEALOUS! Is that a Dover book or a Sunset? The font is so familiar, but I can't quite place it and looking it up would be cheating.

WOW, you are good. It is indeed Dover Publications Inc!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
manhandsha wrote:We sent you an adorable dog?!

Yeah, but the one you sent didn't survive the long, slow shipping via SmartPost so I replaced it with my own dog.

That is Leila doing the pet photobomb especially for ThunderThighs. Hope she isn't disappointed that Leila is looking at the camera instead of showing her butt to the camera.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Yeah, but the one you sent didn't survive the long, slow shipping via SmartPost so I replaced it with my own dog.

That is Leila doing the pet photobomb especially for ThunderThighs. Hope she isn't disappointed that Leila is looking at the camera instead of showing her butt to the camera.

Leila is adorable and looks like quite the little lady. Dogs need to represent more in this thread.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen
gti87 wrote:WOW, you are good. It is indeed Dover Publications Inc!

If Jeopardy had a '70's craft book category, well, I'd still lose, but it would be a much closer game.

mdyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdyar

Sorry it took so long for me to post! Here is what I got!

1. Kids size 12 Woot shirt, with glow in the dark ghosts
2. Tabletop tripod
3. Slaplet with accessories
4. Retrophone (connects to cellphone, pc or tablet)
5. Rok Form Cellphone Case
6. Flu and Germ protection supplies
7. Crab bag

Alfranquiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Alfranquiz

Another late check-in here:
I got a pretty good crap. (Dog not included)

1 - box of 24 Panasonic batteries (16 AA, 8 AAA)

1 set of purple Mardi-Gras type beads

1 Crab bag

1 Left-handed fishing reel

! Kids size-10 Enchanter t-shirt

1 pair of Horizsun sunglasses (Couldn't find link so enjoy this http://zztop.com/media/videos/14311/18361

And the crap de résistance:
A really nice Disney Parks Mickey Watch with note from Thunder Thighs

How long have you owned this crap? 3 yrs

Why are you giving away this crap? Forgot to give it as a gift

Any words of wisdom to the recipient of this crap?
Hey watch this!

Thanks Woot! (And ThunderThighs!)

lichme

quality posts: 2673 Private Messages lichme

Thanks ThunderThighs. I'm proud to say it took me less than 2 minutes to put the doggy steps together.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

9.4 lbs

1 Kelty Redstart Womens backpack

2 crab bags
1 huge pencil (missing eraser)
1 travel pump (missing tip)
1 roll packing tape

1 usb fridge (iBuyPower)

1 pack Word Beads (40 beads)

1 Zig Zag Corn Chooty & CO Pillow

2 size 10 woot shirts

and from Slydon

Item: 4 Vinyl Records of Incredible Value
How long have you owned this crap:
Twenty years or more
Why are you giving away this crap?
Like the tide, records must ebb and flow.
Any Words of wisdom to the recipient of this crap?
Embrace the beauty but never play them backwards. It will unleash a demon.

Vinyl
Battlefield Earth - the dynamic music soundtrack of the book

Midgeure - The Gift

Ultravox - The Collection

Sheena Easton - a Private Heaven

Thanks Slydon!, if only you could have seen me laughing when I opened up to Battlefield Earth.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Thanks ThunderThighs. I'm proud to say it took me less than 2 minutes to put the doggy steps together.

Show off.

I think it took my son longer than that to disassemble it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zephyriana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zephyriana

This is my first Bears over Cowboys ever and was super excited to get it! It actually arrived Saturday, but we had some family over, so I didn't get to post anything. They were so confused about why I was so excited to receive crap.

Here's what I got:
1 crab bag
1 really pretty scarf
1 bright pink womens shorts
1 size 12 kids pirate ship/map shirt
1 very nice pair of womens Oakley sunglasses
1 awesome wall mount for flat-screen TV (I think mine will fit? Maybe..)

And courtesy of ThunderThighs:
Item: Christmas Thing
How long: 15+yrs?
Why: Why not?
Any words: I believe in Santa.

I think my mom will totally love the Christmas Scene/Display/Thing. Thanks ThunderThighs and woot!

Tried adding a picture, seems it didn't work. Here's the link anyway: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67163021@N03/10141712275/

[MOD: Embedded photo]

ThunderThighs

Staff

zephyriana wrote:This is my first Bears over Cowboys ever and was super excited to get it! It actually arrived Saturday, but we had some family over, so I didn't get to post anything. They were so confused about why I was so excited to receive crap.

And courtesy of ThunderThighs:
Item: Christmas Thing
How long: 15+yrs?
Why: Why not?
Any words: I believe in Santa.

I think my mom will totally love the Christmas Scene/Display/Thing. Thanks ThunderThighs and woot!

Nice! I've been waiting on someone to report on that item. That is a Dept 56 thing. Glad you like it!

Raider9924

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

My Bunch of Clipping had 1 Crab Bag, 1 Kids Shirt, a set of pearl necklace, bracelet and earrings (I assume fake), 1 pair of inexpensive sunglasses, 1 Timex watch (working), a bluetooth speaker (haven't tested, no box or usb charger, and a rubber mask. And finally from ThunderThighs, 5 rolls of dog poopy bags with a note letting me know her crap don't stink.

On the negative side, shipping weight was listed at 10.9 lbs and it weighed more like 3 and box clearly looked opened and re-taped. This hasn't happened since "Random Crap" was removed from the shipping labels. Maybe its time for the item number to be changed on the shipping label? Either way it was fun and my dog will put those bags to "good" use.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ajkclark

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ajkclark

Just got back from a week long work trip. I'm pretty excited about my haul.

-Crab Bag
-Plastic Maze courtesy of Thunder Thighs.
-Pyle Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
-Freestyle Hammerhead Watch
-Gunnar Legend x Gaming Eyeware
-Pearl Necklace - was out-of-town for our anniversary...thanks for smoothing things over Woot;)
-Pepper's Polarized Sunglasses.
-"Rainguard" T-shirt. Kids Size 10.
-Puma Boy's Low Cut Socks. 6-pack

I have been wanting an outdoor Bluetooth speaker for a while. Thanks Woot! Here are the pics with a gratuitous cat picture.

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

Washington state reporting in, late as usual. I got my crap today. The box seemed quite a bit larger than the tracking info reported although the weight seemed about right.

The first thing I did after opening it was ruffle past everything looking for a piece of paper from some woot employee, but I had none. I was sad....

...but then I went through what I DID get and I gotta say, one of my best hauls in a long time! Thanks woot! Heres what I got and a pic:

• One standard generic black duffel bag (not pictured)
  • "A Wise Investment?" kids size 10 shirt
  • Chic Shadows Fancy Flocking Grommet Panel (my new favorite string of words)
  • Some large blue pillow case
  • 2 rolls packing tape
  • 1 roll Uline yellow vinyl tape
  • 2 pairs Little Hotties hand warmers
  • Nike Vintage '81 sunglasses (new, sold for $44.99 on woot a couple months back)
  • Roku 2 XD with bonus remote (RMA'd, but everything works fine and the original customer's logins were still stored on it (!!). Don't worry, I already did a factory reset after watching a little "Saturday Morning Cartoons from the 80s" which is apparently their favorite Netflix category lol)

Thanks again, woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ajkclark wrote:Here are the pics with a gratuitous cat picture.

Not just a cat picture. An AWESOME cat picture!!

PrissyQODs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PrissyQODs

First time poster, long time fan. ;) After being away for a week I arrived home to my Bunch of Clipping!

---Crabby bag
---8 in. Chefs Knife
---Purple Timex Watch
---LED Lenser
---Leatherman Swiss Army Knife
---Long strand of fake pearls
---Kids Size 12 T-Shirt
---Disney Limited Release Watch, thanks to Thunder Thighs. The enclosed note said:
Item: Mickey Watch
How long have you owned this crap?: 3 yrs?
Why are you giving away this crap?: Time is important
Any words of wisdom to the recipient of this crap?:
M-I-C-K-E-Y
Why?
Because I like you!

cepheid666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cepheid666

Sorry for the late posting, I just got back from a work trip, we're preparing a sounding rocket for launch (yes, I _am_ a rocket scientist ).

Both my wife and I managed to snag a Bleeped Out Censorship, so we were pretty darn lucky. Unfortunately, while I was away on travel, my wife needed some boxes and, for some reason, decided she wanted the Woot! boxes... so she opened both of them (unceremoniously!) and now I have no way of knowing what item was in what box, and am denied the pleasure of the discovery! Also, no staff letter was apparently included... sad face.

On the other hand, this was one of the best Batches of Cummerbunds that we've ever received. To wit:

2x crab bags (not shown)
1x fake plastic lemon
1x roll of packing tape
1x 8-pack of colored pencils
1x spiral-bound notebook
1x Zombie Motel T-shirt, size 10 kid's
1x Speakman AnyStream showerhead
1x Moto DECT 6.0 cordless phones (apparently new)
1x Toddler cutlery set
1x Dr. Seuss giant floor puzzle 3-pack
1x MadCatz PS3 wireless gamepad
1x pearl/silver ring
1x Freestyle touchscreen watch
... and ...
1x ThunderThighs custom Woot! playing cards

(1x laser-eyed cat not included)

I have to say that it seems like someone at Woot! HQ must know exactly what we need... our son just turned 3 years old last week, and the floor puzzles will make an excellent gift from Woot. He will also receive the T-shirt, which I find totally adorable. The Toddler cutlery will come in handy for our 4-month-old, at some point soon, and the gamepad will be useful for everyone since we have a PS3 and not enough controllers.

Of course, the ultra-rare ThunderThighs playing cards are a wonderful memento and may be the best thing in the box.

(I don't yet know what we'll do with the watch and ring, but they have pretty impressive retail values for something included in a Brigade of Chipmunks... I have to say, I might find the watch's box even cooler than the watch itself.)

This haul is definitely awesome. It's certainly helped to brighten our days after dealing with the flooding here in Colorado... we had a few inches of water in the (previously finished, now gutted) basement, which is pretty minor in the grand scheme but nevertheless carries a very hefty price tag to fix, not to mention the loss of some personal effects (not really anything too important, except for a few hundred Magic: The Gathering cards I'd had for a while... yes, I admit, I once played Magic). We were much less impacted than many others around here, some of whom lost their homes completely, so overall we count ourselves very lucky... but it's still hard when it hits one's own home. These Brain-eating Otter Colonies brought some much-needed smiles to our faces.

Thanks immensely, Woot! (And ThunderThighs in particular, for those awesome cards!)

ThunderThighs

Staff

@PrissyQODs: upload your picture from your computer to imgur.com. It will give you 4 sets of links to choose from. Copy the one with the [IMG] in it. Or paste the link here and knew of the mods will help.

@cepheid666: sorry to hear about your rough times with the rising waters in Colorado. I LOVE the lurking laser cat!

PrissyQODs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PrissyQODs
ThunderThighs wrote:@PrissyQODs: upload your picture from your computer to imgur.com. It will give you 4 sets of links to choose from. Copy the one with the [IMG] in it. Or paste the link here and knew of the mods will help.

@cepheid666: sorry to hear about your rough times with the rising waters in Colorado. I LOVE the lurking laser cat!

THANKS!!! My image is now posted!

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

Oops. I should have posted this sooner!

1 Shower Head (looks new!)
1 Easter Basket Bag
1 Roll of Tape (handy 'cause I'm moving soon!)
1 Woot! Shirt for Kiddos
1 Really nice set of black curtains
1 Polaroid Tablet PC (eBay'ed)
1 Inflatable Evil Unicorn Horn for Cats - It ended up on a little raven mascot in the newsroom, but only for a little while, because really? It looks like a plug.

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
mdyar wrote:Sorry it took so long for me to post! Here is what I got!

2. Tabletop tripod
7. Crab bag

hmm.. thats exactly what my dad got too! I didn't get a bag, but see below..

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
mdyar wrote:Sorry it took so long for me to post! Here is what I got!

2. Tabletop tripod
7. Crab bag

That's funny, this is exactly the same "personal crap" that I received. Exactly. I guess you and I must have received the personal crap from the twins who also didn't include a inventory slip.

I cannot figure out the formatting to save me, here is a link to the photos as the email requested this am.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20033817@N00/10108205445/

And here is the permalink to my post earlier in the thread

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5577018

-JMHSRV

reom76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reom76

Mine actually showed up a week ago but I haven't had a chance to post. Also, my kids made off with most of the stuff before I could get a picture.

I received:
1x crab bag
1x Toddler cutlery set
2x rolls of packing tape
4x bottles of classroom glue
2x pair of children's scissors
1x slightly used school folder
1x empty metal tin (previously containing some kind of nut assortment)
1x child's tshirt
1x set of fabric markers

Not the best haul ever, but the kids can use the art supplies, cutlery, and shirt, so....win?

cepheid666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cepheid666
ThunderThighs wrote:@cepheid666: sorry to hear about your rough times with the rising waters in Colorado. I LOVE the lurking laser cat!

Thanks for the kind words; I'm sure we'll be OK, it's nothing money can't fix (although actually having the money is a different problem). We were much luckier than some.

Laser-eyed cat has a brother but I didn't manage to get him in the picture, unfortunately... maybe next time. I'll make sure not to cross the streams, though!

Thanks again for the custom playing cards! Definitely one of the best Woot!-branded products ever.

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519

1. Kids size 10 "and that's why you always leave a note" t-shirt
2. Mints in mini Duff beer can
3. Pruning shears
4. Wired computer mouse
5. Crab bag

And from the garage of a woot employee:

Ice Skates! (size 11 2/3)
...shipped all the way to the frozen wonderland of central Florida.

Thanks Woot! I must say, I was completed blindsided by the ice skates. Definitely was a surprise to see them.

PresidentBird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PresidentBird

I've been working 12 hour days all this week so I keep forgetting to post my haul. I'll be sure to get it posted this weekend sometime for sure though.

mdyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdyar

Wow, no kidding. That is exactly what I got. Only difference is the color of the retro phone and the cellphone case. I was hoping for something a little more personalized. Was disappointed to find no inventory slip as well.... Oh well.. Maybe next time. Glad you posted a pic also, now I don't have too... LOL

dernst_ca1 wrote:That's funny, this is exactly the same "personal crap" that I received. Exactly. I guess you and I must have received the personal crap from the twins who also didn't include a inventory slip.

I cannot figure out the formatting to save me, here is a link to the photos as the email requested this am.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20033817@N00/10108205445/

And here is the permalink to my post earlier in the thread

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5577018

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

Hey thunderthighs - I'm guess you now know why not many people checked in about your personalized playing cards the first time around?

Someone in packing hid half of them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Hey thunderthighs - I'm guess you now know why not many people checked in about your personalized playing cards the first time around?

Someone in packing hid half of them.

Lol. Maybe. I sent 4-6 to Seattle so this could still be them. There's a couple dozen out there in the wild total. Glad to see some of them arrived, that's for sure.

wingz666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingz666

I want a Bears over Cowboys, maybe this woot off I'll be lucky, cross fingers.

wingz666

Bears over Cowboys, bag o crap, bag of c r a p, just checking heh

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
wingz666 wrote:Bears over Cowboys, bag o crap, bag of c r a p, just checking heh

Did you try Bag of Crap?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
mdyar wrote:Wow, no kidding. That is exactly what I got. Only difference is the color of the retro phone and the cellphone case. I was hoping for something a little more personalized. Was disappointed to find no inventory slip as well.... Oh well.. Maybe next time. Glad you posted a pic also, now I don't have too... LOL

I guess we got defective bags mydar

-JMHSRV

wingz666

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Did you try Bag of Crap?

I didn't try Bears over Cowboys, but I did now. Haven't seen any yet today. I'll probably end up missing it anyways.

PresidentBird

I know this is super late, but I feel like whichever staff persons crap I got deserves to know what happened to it.

1x Blue Crab Bag
1x Half Roll of Packing Tape
1x 2 Pack Little Hotties Hand Warmers
1x Curtain Panel
1x Pack of 25 Clothes Pins
1x Kids Woot Shirt (Not Pictured)
1x Macaroni & Cheese Air Freshener (from the video?)

PresidentBird

Also to celebrate the significance of this particular Bunch of Clipping I have decided that the air freshener shall be forever immortalized in my collection of displayed Woot monkeys. On the subject of monkeys....I MUST HAVE MOAR!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

PresidentBird wrote:Also to celebrate the significance of this particular Bunch of Clipping I have decided that the air freshener shall be forever immortalized in my collection of displayed Woot monkeys. On the subject of monkeys....I MUST HAVE MOAR!!!

That's quite a collection you have there! I like it!