dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Know any?

Si senior

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Arrrrgh

[long story shortened]

//sigh Nut job.

Hubby said, we'll get a lawyer! This is a typical, it is the principal, not the money,small claims court claim.
I'll go to court over less than $100, (100 more at most than what I offered her from the start) just because she refused my offer. Why should I pay when she already needed to go for the other bite??? What was she going to do? Stay home and wait for the other bite to get infected and then sue the other owner?

mabe you can get on judge judy!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:mabe you can get on judge judy!

Big dog v small dog = loss on judge Judy.
Besides, she has her nys flag, but films in CA.
If Rusty were a pit bull, he would lose before he got into the courtroom!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

evenin

dname, sorry about the dog park drama. that woman sounds like a real peach. One time saw a woman open the door into the vets office with her little dog on a retractable leash (hate 'em!) Let dog run into waiting room before she was even in building. Ran up to big dog, caused a commotion. Little dog ends up with bloody winkie (he musta had it stickin out being a tough doggy) Woman tried to blame other dog but turns out it was really from the leash. She never even saw what happened cuz she wasn't even in the waiting room.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Big dog v small dog = loss on judge Judy.

You wonder if it's not a ploy, like somebody that jumps out in front of a car and sues.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:evenin

dname, sorry about the dog park drama. that woman sounds like a real peach. One time saw a woman open the door into the vets office with her little dog on a retractable leash (hate 'em!) Let dog run into waiting room before she was even in building. Ran up to big dog, caused a commotion. Little dog ends up with bloody winkie (he musta had it stickin out being a tough doggy) Woman tried to blame other dog but turns out it was really from the leash. She never even saw what happened cuz she wasn't even in the waiting room.

Well I have two people who are willing to talk about the first fight the dog had today. Plus the fact the dog did have a small, but bloody wound from that fight.

Why stay when the dog has been in a fight and is nervous.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You wonder if it's not a ploy, like somebody that jumps out in front of a car and sues.

The dog was way less upset than she was.

I wish I can figure out a way to keep Rusty from biting so hard. He has done this since he was bit. Never before.
The fight was only 10 or 15 seconds an totally over when it stopped. No holding dogs back from trying to get to each other.

She was going to call the cops on the first guy!
Dog wasn't mauled. But rusty has been scratched in rough games and fights, never had blood.

You would think she would want the vet to see it, just to make sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:Well I have two people who are willing to talk about the first fight the dog had today. Plus the fact the dog did have a small, but bloody wound from that fight.

Why stay when the dog has been in a fight and is nervous.

yeah, you'd think she would have left after the first fight, regardless of who was at fault, if only for the dogs sake. people never cease to amaze me.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
dontwantaname wrote:Big dog v small dog = loss on judge Judy.

Which is stupid. Small dog owners think that because it is small it isn't a dog, so let it get away with murder. They are far worse behaved than the bigger ones.

My brother has a Saint Bernard mix. He was lying on the steps to the side door, no fence between him and the street, waiting for the children playing in the fenced bit to let him in the house. Woman walking a dog or two pass on the street. Mel (short for mellow) barks and stays where he is. Woman calls cops. When they showed I believe the convo went like this-

Cop: that dog? Did he bite yours?
Crazy woman: no, he is barking and unsecured!
Cop: so he left his owners property?
CW: no, what are you going to do about it?
Cop:.....

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

blanked wrote:Which is stupid. Small dog owners think that because it is small it isn't a dog, so let it get away with murder. They are far worse behaved than the bigger ones.

My brother has a Saint Bernard mix. He was lying on the steps to the side door, no fence between him and the street, waiting for the children playing in the fenced bit to let him in the house. Woman walking a dog or two pass on the street. Mel (short for mellow) barks and stays where he is. Woman calls cops. When they showed I believe the convo went like this-

Cop: that dog? Did he bite yours?
Crazy woman: no, he is barking and unsecured!
Cop: so he left his owners property?
CW: no, what are you going to do about it?
Cop:.....

Yeah, about what the cop would say if she had called on the first dog.

The dog park is the only place dogs can run free.

Not that I am at all happy that Rusty broke skin on the dog.

Plus the little guy was then growling at all the dogs. With the C W yelling at all the other owners to get their dogs.

I don't go on weekends because there are too many people who don't understand anything about dogs there.

I guess the holiday and warm weather made today a weekend day.

Really, the dog was in his yard and she called on him? Really huge dogs are usually mellow. You wouldn't breed a 100+ lb dog to be nasty!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh well, maybe her vet will talk some sense into her.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
dontwantaname wrote:

Really, the dog was in his yard and she called on him? Really huge dogs are usually mellow. You wouldn't breed a 100+ lb dog to be nasty!

Must have felt there wasn't enough supervision. I mean, single digit children running around, animals outside, where is the mother, how dare she not hover? And I would bet the oldest called her a Huckleberry Hound, it would be like him.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

blanked wrote:Must have felt there wasn't enough supervision. I mean, single digit children running around, animals outside, where is the mother, how dare she not hover? And I would bet the oldest called her a Huckleberry Hound, it would be like him.

Too much hovering.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
blanked wrote:Which is stupid. Small dog owners think that because it is small it isn't a dog, so let it get away with murder. They are far worse behaved than the bigger ones

Actually the small dog's behavior depends partially on the owner. Growing up I had a teacup poodle. A whopping four pounds. Snowball was fearless and would take on bigger dogs if they threatened us. We always kept her on a lease outside of the yard as she liked to explore.

Last time I lived in Florida we were in the Brock settlement and there was a really mean three legged hound named Liza. Snowball would run under her and nip at her throat; Liza would try and get her and roll over on her back. Snowball would then run all over her nipping her until we were safely home. Then she would take off like a streak of lightening to the house.

The smaller dogs, especially if they are fast like Snowball, have an advantage over bigger slower moving dogs. Snowball kept me from getting bit any number of times growing up.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Then a guy came in with a young dog on a leash. Not good to have a dog on a leash in the park. The other dogs can see him as disadvantaged and pick on him.

The same women got upset! It seems that dog had a fight with her dog too!

The guy said it was true. No blood, so no lawsuit.

So, Rusty has to learn not to really bite when he is upset with something. Like he did before he was bit.

BUT that women and her dog don't belong at the dog park! Her dog doesn't like it.

Heck, if she drove further, there is a small dog park. Then she can sue the small dog owners.

Plus I'm sure there are small dog parks in Queens. She was from Queens. I'm guessing she was kicked out of their parks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Then a guy came in with a young dog on a leash. Not good to have a dog on a leash in the park. The other dogs can see him as disadvantaged and pick on him.

The same women got upset! It seems that dog had a fight with her dog too!

The guy said it was true. No blood, so no lawsuit.

So, Rusty has to learn not to really bite when he is upset with something. Like he did before he was bit.

BUT that women and her dog don't belong at the dog park! Her dog doesn't like it.

Heck, if she drove further, there is a small dog park. Then she can sue the small dog owners.

Plus I'm sure there are small dog parks in Queens. She was from Queens. I'm guessing she was kicked out of their parks!

Sounds like her and the poor dog should be banned from all dog parks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:evenin

Those leashes are only good when you are alone with your dog.

When we had 2 or 3 dogs play at the park on leash, this one lady never got the idea that she can't just let out more leash!
The idea is the people stay the same distance apart and the dogs play in the middle.
That takes a lot of maneuvering on the part of the people!

The dog was big too!
How do you hold back a 70 lb dog who has a 20 foot head start on his run?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Sounds like her and the poor dog should be banned from all dog parks.

The dog doesn't like it. He has been hurt more than once now.
He is putting off a scared vibe.

The women is a nervous wreck! Yelling at dog owners to keep their dog away from hers.

If she has one dog who is ok at the park and one who isn't.....just take one dog!

Find a small dog park and see if that makes a difference. Or maybe, leave that dog home.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Off to bed.

Lets see if she calls.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Laundry day. Looking at the cloudy sky. Not much going on today.

edit: D'name, sorry about the doggy problems. Hugs to Rusty. He is a good guy.

pooflady

Good morning. Sun shining. Supposed to get near 60 today. Nothing I HAVE to do.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Laundry day. Looking at the cloudy sky. Not much going on today.

edit: D'name, sorry about the doggy problems. Hugs to Rusty. He is a good guy.

Thanks!
The longer I think about it, the stupider it gets.
As we were exchanging information someone came in with another dog she has problems with. No blood in that fight.

What the heck? One of your dogs is attacked EVERY time you go to the dog park. The other dog enjoys it just fine.

Leave the one dog home!

But on the other hand, Rusty can't be poking holes in dogs.
He had bad fights with no holes before he was bit. I need to go back in time.

You may now smack me if I keep talking about this, at least until I hear from the woman.
She wrote her info so sloppy, I don't really know her phone #

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning. Sun shining. Supposed to get near 60 today. Nothing I HAVE to do.

Yeah!

I got up at 8 to go to the bakery. Nobody there. Well, two other people.

I'm done.

Went back to bed after.

Gotta go to the drug store to get something and a dollar basket and some grass for Son.

Hubby has a cold. I can't get a cold or I have to postpone the surgery. Which would postpone hubbies not that he has done anything yet.

He just went to the doc in the box, but it was too crowded.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

AZGman

So, perhaps Monday, then; laterz.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:So, perhaps Monday, then; laterz.

Can't type on Easter?

I declare it spring!
I put the snow shovels back in the garage.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

silver lady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silver lady
dontwantaname wrote:Can't type on Easter?

I declare it spring!
I put the snow shovels back in the garage.

We are having perfect weather.

Keep Dreaming

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

silver lady wrote:We are having perfect weather.

For at least one day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:For at least one day.

The wind picked up this afternoon and was kind of cold. Supposed to have rain overnight but stopping by 10 a.m., so might be okay for the Easter egg hunt at son's.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The wind picked up this afternoon and was kind of cold. Supposed to have rain overnight but stopping by 10 a.m., so might be okay for the Easter egg hunt at son's.

Not sure what it is suppose to be tomorrow.
Hubby has a bad cold, he might stay home.
If I get it, the operation is off.
pia

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Not sure what it is suppose to be tomorrow.
Hubby has a bad cold, he might stay home.
If I get it, the operation is off.
pia

What day is the operation scheduled?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What day is the operation scheduled?

4/18

But you can't have a cold from 2 weeks before.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

One post an hour...interesting rate.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

It got up to 70 today, 70! Crap I think the Earth tilted and we are too far South now or something!

On the plus side, lots of wonderful outdoor stuff for Easter. Broke in my new to me straw hat - which I added to my sun blocking hats collection.

Made two loads of boxes from inside the house to the storage unit. Some of the boxes are in pretty rough shape, but whatever. Saw a bunch of stuff I'm fairly sure doesn't belong to us/ we never bought. Ah the joys of helping people move and cleaning out the scraps once they leave. In happy news I can see my bookshelves again! (in front of the shelves is where a lot of boxes got stacked).

Friend's family is coming over for impromptu Easter dinner, but they are bringing the ham so not too big of a deal on our end.

I think that's most things. Sun allergy flaring up again with all this sunny weather, aren't I so lucky :rollseyes:

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:It got up to 70 today, 70! Crap I think the Earth tilted and we are too far South now or something!

On the plus side, lots of wonderful outdoor stuff for Easter. Broke in my new to me straw hat - which I added to my sun blocking hats collection.

Made two loads of boxes from inside the house to the storage unit. Some of the boxes are in pretty rough shape, but whatever. Saw a bunch of stuff I'm fairly sure doesn't belong to us/ we never bought. Ah the joys of helping people move and cleaning out the scraps once they leave. In happy news I can see my bookshelves again! (in front of the shelves is where a lot of boxes got stacked).

Friend's family is coming over for impromptu Easter dinner, but they are bringing the ham so not too big of a deal on our end.

I think that's most things. Sun allergy flaring up again with all this sunny weather, aren't I so lucky :rollseyes:

Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Hi!

And we even dyed Easter Eggs tonight. Only 3 dozen. Now to finish cleaning for company.

Beware the V'owls screech!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning and happy easter all.

In the end only kindness matters