FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

One more thing... I hope we get emails for those that did score a Birthday of Celebrations or a shirt Birthday of Celebrations letting us know the definitive forum to post our crap. That's been a nice addition!

Also, if you post yours and would like a fun rating, be sure to click through the links in my sig to get it Crappraised by the Official Crappraiser. It's purely for fun... doesn't consider monetary values or anything like that.

erica4vt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erica4vt

Totally random question but whenever you miss out of an item and it goes into the 'Stuff You Missed' section in your cart, is there any benefit from leaving those items in that section? I've only been on Woot for a year so I don't know all the ins and outs.

It seemed like a lot of the V'Owls were vets to Woot so I figured someone would know. Thanks!

slp411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slp411

I'm really looking forward to my Shirt Crap, I didn't realize that it was other items, not just shirts...here's hoping for some awesome Christmas moose stockings!!

grumb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb
erica4vt wrote:Totally random question but whenever you miss out of an item and it goes into the 'Stuff You Missed' section in your cart, is there any benefit from leaving those items in that section? I've only been on Woot for a year so I don't know all the ins and outs.

It seemed like a lot of the V'Owls were vets to Woot so I figured someone would know. Thanks!

The cart is a new post Amazon invention but as best as I can tell aside from annoyingly reminding you of what you could have had, or keeping track for you of things you wanted in case they appear again, no.

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
grumb wrote:Thumperchick, Can you explain the levels. I got to 4 and have no idea how I did that.Thanks.

We know a few of them.
1,000 XP = 1 LVL
Posting in your clan = 1,000 XP
Posting the dance video = 1,000XP
Buying a Birthday of Celebrations = 2,000 XP
Posting in any of the various XP level options = ??? XP
They were also giving out XP throughout the livestream.

The levels, and winner's badge are just for bragging rights.

ousoonr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ousoonr

Go V'owls

1nonlygoldfish86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1nonlygoldfish86

To thumperchick,
Hello! 1stly big thanks to keeping us all up to speed with everything, I found it extremely helpful.
Hopefully, now, you can provide me some additional help with a few questions. I'm not entirely sure if you're the one I should direct my requests to, so if not, please pass them on appropriately. Thank you.
2ndly, I have noticed that several people seem to have a super cute, small Clan badge in their signature, where it will not disappear (as I assume the main ones will). As it seems not to matter what level was achieved, or member's rank / staff relation... I wondered if I too might obtain the format code, to add my own cute little permanent Clan badge in my signature?
And 3rdly, finally (I promise), I was one of the lucky few to win a Birthday Celebration aka: Big ol' Catapult during the games yesterday; which was actually my very first Birthday of Celebrations ever! And, believe me, I've been trying for ages! (I attempted, & thought I had posted it yesterday, but must not have clicked 'post' successfully)... Anywho - I wanted to inquire about the little Big ol' Catapult 'paper-bag-with-yellow-?' icons that I've seen in other member's signatures; that I have so coveted until now... since I'm now a part of the Birthday of Celebrations Club; may I, too, be granted a code to show my pride in finally winning? I have desired to earn some kind of special badge for my personal display for some time, yet have failed until now. Please help me achieve the Woot status of signature-flare-ownership that I so covet!! I would be so grateful for it.
I extend my apologies for posting such a long winded comment of personal nature. To all those unwillingly subjected to my drawn out attempts to boost my ego... please, excuse me for my momentary sense of entitlement while this wordy post briefly monopolizes the screen of this blog forum... Forgive me, for my lack of conciseness; it is why I rarely post.

Lindsey [one&only] Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thumperchick

1nonlygoldfish86 wrote:To thumperchick...

Hi 1nonlygoldfush86!
I'm glad those posts helped, and don't forget that nitetigrezz, FrostByte, SamAndLisa, Woody1150, and several others spent a lot of time posting, editing, and helping all over this thread as well. (Thanks guys!)

FYI - I think there is still some small confusing - I am not a member of Woot's staff. I just spend too much time here. But I will see if I can help.

Small Winning Clan Badge Instructions:
Here are the steps.

Copy this code: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sGTT0Uu.png[/IMG]

Go to "YOUR ACCOUNT" - at the top of the page, under your username. (It will make you log in again.)

Go to "FORUM SETTINGS"

Paste the code into you signature box and hit "apply changes."

Birthday of Celebrations Badges - are only made and given out for special event Birthday of Celebrations. The badges for this event are the clan badges. No birthday badges was made, I'm sure it's because the staff don't want to try to manually enter 10,000 badges into user signatures. Perhaps you can look to your Golden V'Owl as a reminder that this event was the one that netted you your first Crap?

No worries about being long winded. that's what the forums are for.

tazzi13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazzi13

Some one beat me to "hoot hoot"

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Today, I went to V'owlhalla! (almost)

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

fear025

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fear025

[quote postid="5883132" user="computermd82"]Today, I went to V'owlhalla! (almost)

That place is a total sham, I have it on good authority you need to actually die to get there.

RasOne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RasOne

Go V'owls

1nonlygoldfish86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1nonlygoldfish86
thumperchick wrote:Hi 1nonlygoldfush86!
I'm glad those posts helped, and don't forget that nitetigrezz, FrostByte, SamAndLisa, Woody1150, and several others spent a lot of time posting, editing, and helping all over this thread as well. (Thanks guys!)

FYI - I think there is still some small confusing - I am not a member of Woot's staff. I just spend too much time here. But I will see if I can help.
No worries about being long winded. that's what the forums are for.

Haha! Well thanks, I've seen your name on here so often, I suppose I mentally affixed that yellow staff square to your posts.

ALSO, THANKS to "nitetigrezz, FrostByte, SamAndLisa, Woody1150, and several others" who dedicated so much of their efforts to helping the overall Clan masses stay up-to-date. I assure you, I by no means meant to exclude you in my original praise to Thumperchick; I simply have not yet committed your names to memory - as I have the habit of scanning the bulk of forum texts without always taking note of the source. Apologies, credit is due to anyone & everyone who took part in managing/motivating/moderating/or in any way assisting The Clan of The V'owls along the way victory - be they staff or not!

As this overall invigorating extravaganza, coupled with the long awaited prize of my 1st Birthday of Celebrations I have made a personal vow to become more actively involved in the forums & take the time to post my thoughts as I read blogger's texts... And with any luck, when forced to physically click upon a name to reply; then alas! I'm certain I shall recall other names of Woot-worthiness, as I have with Thumperchick.

I certainly always intend to give credit where credit is due in the future.... I imagine much effort goes into keeping this-monster-that-is-Woot alive; because as a fore mentioned, I find it mildly bothersome to simply add a post to the blog I'm most likely already reading; therefore I'm positive all those behind the curtain at Woot put an exceptional amount of work into the machinery. So, hats off to you all, and thanks again for making YOUR Birthday so entertaining for US all!!!

Lindsey [one&only] Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

eegal3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eegal3

I know it doesn't really matter, but it made me sad that my level never increased even after I purchased my Birthday of Celebrations and the other forum posting related activities. (I had reached level 3 Thursday night after posting the dancing video and in this forum, etc) Oh well! At least we won...and the live stream completely consumed my day!

bjm5401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401

Hey great job everybody

thumperchick

eegal3 wrote:I know it doesn't really matter, but it made me sad that my level never increased even after I purchased my Birthday of Celebrations and the other forum posting related activities. (I had reached level 3 Thursday night after posting the dancing video and in this forum, etc) Oh well! At least we won...and the live stream completely consumed my day!

Yeah, my level ups never happened either
But hey - we had a great time, only broke the site once, and a got to watch wootployees slowly go insane on livestream!

TheAAronDavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAAronDavis

Good times.

...Smoke and a pancake...

eegal3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eegal3
thumperchick wrote:Yeah, my level ups never happened either
But hey - we had a great time, only broke the site once, and a got to watch wootployees slowly go insane on livestream!

Yep! It was a blast!

drwerm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drwerm

Way to go, V'owls!

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Congrats to my fellow V'owels! Once again we were victorious on the fields of Woot!

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

mattr09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattr09

This was an extremely fun event, thank you everyone!

CaptRobThePirate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CaptRobThePirate

Testing my new signature out

~CaptRob
http://www.youtube.com/procrastinationpics

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

I also don't think I got all my levels. I did the various forum posts and guessed some of the polls correctly, but never got past level 4.

AlphaMaelstrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlphaMaelstrom

Hoot woot!

lonelypond

quality posts: 449 Private Messages lonelypond

Thanks, you darn mighty (and cute) V'owls

mmiteshm

quality posts: 133 Private Messages mmiteshm

hoothoothoot!!

mmiteshm

quality posts: 133 Private Messages mmiteshm

ancientguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ancientguru
thumperchick wrote:
Birthday of Celebrations Badges - are only made and given out for special event Birthday of Celebrations. The badges for this event are the clan badges. No birthday badges was made, I'm sure it's because the staff don't want to try to manually enter 10,000 badges into user signatures. Perhaps you can look to your Golden V'Owl as a reminder that this event was the one that netted you your first Crap?

I know that I'm not Woot staff and my badge is in no way official, but I made this for the 7/3 Birthday of Celebrations and I'm using it for these as well. Here's my original post:

Noticed no one had made a signature icon for this Birthday of Celebrations yet, so I will throw mine into the ring. http://i.imgur.com/VC6aUaw.png is the link to the image, which will give you this icon:

It's not perfect, but it's decent. Maybe one of the normal icon-makers will come around later to do a better job?

07/11/2014 - Birthday of Shirt Celebrations
07/11/2014 - Birthday of Celebrations
02/17/2014 - Bungled Original Communicator
09/19/2012 - Buccaneer of Caribbean
06/26/2012 - Basket of Crayfish

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
ancientguru wrote:I know that I'm not Woot staff and my badge is in no way official, but I made this for the 7/3 Birthday of Celebrations and I'm using it for these as well. Here's my original post:

Noticed no one had made a signature icon for this Birthday of Celebrations yet, so I will throw mine into the ring. http://i.imgur.com/VC6aUaw.png is the link to the image, which will give you this icon:

It's not perfect, but it's decent. Maybe one of the normal icon-makers will come around later to do a better job?

*adopts the badge*

Looks great! Curious, was it only specific Birthday of Celebrations#39;s in the past that got badges?

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

krispeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krispeen

So, V'owls were the best, right?

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Still are.

Kailadriel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kailadriel
plinth wrote:Still are.

We are the weiners!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ancientguru wrote:I know that I'm not Woot staff and my badge is in no way official, but I made this for the 7/3 Birthday of Celebrations and I'm using it for these as well. Here's my original post:

Looks awesome. Thanks for participating and making the badge!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte
thumperchick wrote:
Small Winning Clan Badge Instructions:
Here are the steps.

Copy this code: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sGTT0Uu.png[/IMG]

Go to "YOUR ACCOUNT" - at the top of the page, under your username. (It will make you log in again.)

Go to "FORUM SETTINGS"

Paste the code into you signature box and hit "apply changes."

My only suggestion is to also add a URL to the badge. Personally, I will be configuring mine to link back to this thread to easily remember the good times.

Something like this:
[URL=http://ow.ly/z7ZPt][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sGTT0Uu.png[/IMG][/URL]

Notice that I used ow.ly instead of bit.ly or goo.gl

stevenwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenwoody

That was a ton of fun! cant wait to get my Birthday of Celebrations and see what we scored! nice work guys

StickyNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StickyNinja

Friday was a blast. Thanks, woot, for such an awesome birthday party!

jordonorr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordonorr

Ugh its monday and my Birthday of Celebrations still isn't here. haha Rock on Woot!

samandlisa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samandlisa
1nonlygoldfish86 wrote:Haha! Well thanks, I've seen your name on here so often, I suppose I mentally affixed that yellow staff square to your posts.

ALSO, THANKS to "nitetigrezz, FrostByte, SamAndLisa, Woody1150, and several others" who dedicated so much of their efforts to helping the overall Clan masses stay up-to-date. I assure you, I by no means meant to exclude you in my original praise to Thumperchick; I simply have not yet committed your names to memory - as I have the habit of scanning the bulk of forum texts without always taking note of the source. Apologies, credit is due to anyone & everyone who took part in managing/motivating/moderating/or in any way assisting The Clan of The V'owls along the way victory - be they staff or not!

As this overall invigorating extravaganza, coupled with the long awaited prize of my 1st Birthday of Celebrations I have made a personal vow to become more actively involved in the forums & take the time to post my thoughts as I read blogger's texts... And with any luck, when forced to physically click upon a name to reply; then alas! I'm certain I shall recall other names of Woot-worthiness, as I have with Thumperchick.

I certainly always intend to give credit where credit is due in the future.... I imagine much effort goes into keeping this-monster-that-is-Woot alive; because as a fore mentioned, I find it mildly bothersome to simply add a post to the blog I'm most likely already reading; therefore I'm positive all those behind the curtain at Woot put an exceptional amount of work into the machinery. So, hats off to you all, and thanks again for making YOUR Birthday so entertaining for US all!!!

You are very welcome. Always happy to help out. The event was very fun!

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
thumperchick wrote:Hi 1nonlygoldfush86!

It sounds silly, but this bit of recognition, right here, means more to me than even the clan badge for the signature. A very humble thank you Thumper nvn

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
Nitetigrezz wrote:It sounds silly, but this bit of recognition, right here, means more to me than even the clan badge for the signature. A very humble thank you Thumper nvn

Well you deserve it! Thanks for all you did. I for one had an awesome time. Except now I am depressed that I need to wait another 10 years to do something this grand again.

Mike

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12