impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
joshobra wrote:Just bought one shirt in Navy with a coupon I just got from JumboWoot!

Thank you JumboWoot! :D

Same here! (high five).
But I used my coupon for the monkey 7 pack.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

agingdragqueen wrote:Though casting your vote via shirt is not really what we were going for, here's the teams for this year:

Red- Seattle Devs
Brown- Seattle Creative

Navy- "Customer Obsessed Wooters!" our warehouse and shirt staff
Kelly Green- "Flying Pu" wholesale and setup
Slate- "TACOCAT" CS, Deals.Woot & HR
Cranberry- "The Assets" Accounting, Business Systems & RMA
Black- "Honey Badgers" Purchasing

Green also includes one lone Texas moderator.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

impaul4

I don't know what the video entry is but I am ready to embarrass myself in front of the community for the sake of the Monkey Games because the REAL monkey's are back! Plus I read the potential prize is a coveted monkey that will never be for sale, nothing like awesome rareness added to the growing collection!

colonelcrap

quality posts: 9 Private Messages colonelcrap

Staff

I'm not attempting to sway the troops, but Kelly Green goes well with Khaki, Army Green or Camouflage.

Simper Pu

The Colonel

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff

As A 2011 "Your Chance to Win" Bronze Medalist, I can't wait for this year's games!

I had to win my monkey last year. Thankfully, I can purchase my monkey this year.

I imagine there won't be a BuckyBall Competition this year.

impaul4

I have recruited 2 people to Woot for the Monkey Games although they did not pick Team Red like me.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
ThunderThighs wrote:Green also includes one lone Texas moderator.

Aaaaaaaand everyone's favorite!

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Funny, I was going to pick green, even though blue is my favorite color. Yay green!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Everyone in my neighborhood refers to me as "that old monkey lover in the grey house" and I've said in the past,"If the old tried n true Woot monks come back,I'm a buyer" so I'm in for the seven snazzy simians and cost be damned!

kewee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kewee

Slate T-shirt is spiffy and helps cheer on the TacoCats!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

This semi-chubby man is in for a black tank top! Now,where do I get a side order of muscles so I don't look like a bowling ball with two pipe cleaners?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
inkycatz wrote:It's a tough call. Coffee brown is quite nice though. I might be biased! I think the writers need love for all the hard work they do.

(I didn't realize you were waiting on me! I would have come back to this thread much sooner.)

Hard work? I thought Woot had the Woot monkeys for that? You know, if you have enough typewriters and Woot monkeys, they'll type out all of Shakespeare's works?

I just thought their posts were just the non-Shakespeare stuff.

Plus I don't look good in brown. But then that green doesn't really do me justice as well.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

Used my @jumbowoot coupon for a Navy shirt, and in for a pack of 7!

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus

I purchased 12 monkeys. Who knows when we will see the old, boss monkeys again, the new monkeys are crap.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

mukimuki

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mukimuki

I'm thrilled the real monkeys are back. Woot was starting to feel like a shell of its former self. Real monkeys make me think Woot has gotten a little bit of its soul back. Yay!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Finally got me some monkeys! In for the set of 7, hopefully I can keep them away from the cats (and that means the husband too). It seems like most of what I buy here winds up as a cat toy one way or another.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Team Green it is!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

Temptation!!! I REALLY love green (and TT), and I feel a strong urge to support HR and DW (but I have more than enough gray tees), but worst of all I am spending every penny I can beg, borrow or charge putting my son back in college. Argh!

EDIT: And the REAL woot monkeys! Double argh!

sclark89

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sclark89

Yay for old monkeys!

sutures

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sutures

I would love one of these shirts, but the price just sucks. I mean, come on, you can get the same quality shirt from the shirt!woot daily special for $12 and those are usually multi-color printing. Not to forget that these are shameless (very cool, but very shameless) self promotions.

If they were listed at $10 a shirt, you'd have my money.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Just what I need. More monkeys.

Woot has done something to my brain that makes me order every monkey.

I missed the sock monkey and had to get it on ebay.

Well, at least my brain resisted buying two sets.
I have two of every other one, except the sock.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Well played Woot. So there is controversy in the US uniforms being made in China, so let's keep the controversy up with the monkey games shirts being made in another country as well (minus the tank tops)

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

In for a set of 7 with a jumbowoot coupon. Already have the water bottle...somewhere....

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
agingdragqueen wrote:Though casting your vote via shirt is not really what we were going for, here's the teams for this year:

Red- Seattle Devs
Brown- Seattle Creative

Wait, so where are the writers? Or are they scattered?

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
Moueska wrote:Wait, so where are the writers? Or are they scattered?

I would assume writers to be under "creative." Unless they're really bad writers.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Red- Seattle Devs
Brown- Seattle Creative

Hmm... the 5 pack of monkeys averages $2.40 per monkey, but the 7 pack adds the final two monkeys at a rate of 4 bucks each.

Sounds like those departments need raises for being so much more valuable than the others.

Especially the lone Texas moderator silently included with green.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Red- Seattle Devs
Brown- Seattle Creative

Devs? Does that mean devils, deviants, deevolvers, devices, or what?

You'll probably try to tell me it's something lam e like "developers." Yeah, right.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

What is the monkey games torch of crap?

pfffft!

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
andrewtl wrote:What is the monkey games torch of crap?

Take an empty toilet paper roll. Stuff some yellow shredded paper into one end. Light on fire. Voila! A torch of crap!

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I'm pulling for the Navy team that has to deal with us shirt obsessed people. And I would also like to add my voice to the chorus of people who are happy to see the old monkeys back! =)

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44

Cool! The real Woot monkeys are back. Thanks! Maybe you'll also bring back the real Woot shirts?

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

So, do we the customers get to vie for special monkey games prizes again this year?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

bacalum wrote:Devs? Does that mean devils, deviants, deevolvers, devices, or what?

You'll probably try to tell me it's something lam e like "developers." Yeah, right.

No, no. You got it right with "deviants".

All writers, even our lone one down in Texas, are under the Creative umbrella. But so am I, so I'm not sure what that will tell you woob woob woob.

DocFunky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DocFunky

I'm not enough of a hardcore wooter to really "get" the monkey packs, or to have a favorite squad to rep as far as the t-shirts go...but when you work out as often as I do, you can never have too many tank tops or water bottles.

In for one of all three, if they're still in stock when I get home from work.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
sutures wrote:I would love one of these shirts, but the price just sucks. I mean, come on, you can get the same quality shirt from the shirt!woot daily special for $12 and those are usually multi-color printing. Not to forget that these are shameless (very cool, but very shameless) self promotions.

If they were listed at $10 a shirt, you'd have my money.

If they were $5 each would you spring for two ?

DocFunky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DocFunky

Since these are shipping out at a later date, do I get billed when I order them or when the order ships?

Not a huge deal, just curious.

MOD (TT): When you order. Since we're hold a set for you, we need to make sure you're good for the dough. Otherwise, someone else gets the set.

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Do the Monkey-packs also ship with the ToC? I don't see any message about the torch on the Monkey entries...
Enquiring minds want to know.
-=C=-

sutures

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sutures
nanaejt wrote:If they were $5 each would you spring for two ?

At $5, I'd buy 20, because that's cheaper than you can buy t-shirts at Kmart.

I'm not asking them to lose money on the shirts. If Woot! was losing money on the daily shirts, you'd think the costs would have been adjusted by now.

I've bought the $15 shirts before but $15 only makes sense on the reconing shirts because they are lower volume setups than the daily special and you are paying for the lost opportunity since you didn't jump on the initial bandwagon. I'm OK wit dat.

Now, if the shirts would be top-shelf super-special-quality (i.e. brand name stock shirts) the $15 would be worth concideration. They're not. They are the same stock as the daily shirts (or so it says in the product description).

To avoid a tirade with accompanied cost breakdowns of what I'm fairly certain they are spending and expected profit margins, I shall summarize...

I don't like the price so I will not exersise the Volentary Exchange clause of Capitolism and succumb to blatant Consumerism.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Is the water bottles plastic lined like the SIGG bottles?

MOD (TT): I'm asking around to see if anybody knows.

UPDATE:
There is no plastic liner.
It is a brushed stainless steel.

lmensor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lmensor

I am getting an error message when I try to look at the t-shirt sizes, anyone else? I can see the sizes for the sweatshirt though, so I already ordered one of them, but I didn't know whether to order the same size in the t-shirt as my other woot shirts or not.

MOD (TT): I see it too. I'll report it and it should be fixed by tomorrow morning. Sorry for the problems.