waclark57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waclark57
skrutinizr wrote:$299 isn't twice as much as $169, last time I checked. The $299 setup includes a sub, which this cheap set not only doesn't have- but everyone who has commented about their experience owning them has stated is a requirement to sound decent.
The $299 setup is complete, this one is not.

I got a set of Energy speakers because they were cheap, and they are. They sound like it too, but they're ok for the garage. Klipsch jumped the shark years ago and no longer is a premier brand... it's now just a name on a Chinese mass produced speaker.

You won't get a decent sub for $130, so head over to the Deals! section and get the ML's.

Actually the set with the sub-woofer usually goes for $399. That's what they are advertised over on Amazon. This set is advertised for $249, usual price is $299.

So technically not 2X but you still save around $80 over the next best price.

superspec

quality posts: 3 Private Messages superspec
iGGz wrote:Hmmm, maybe by thinking that the sub WAS included?

I'm not sure how anyone could think about how someone could think that a sub wasn't included.

how could you think it was? there are 5 components all damn near identical in size. that says front L/R, rear L/R and a center channel.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

The speakers look good and the price is right but unfortunately I shelled out money for a 5 speaker set of Infinity speakers on Ebay a few years ago that still sound great and I can't afford to spend money on something new.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

papagiorgio661

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papagiorgio661

I didn't buy them...didn't need to. I still have my originals from 1997 and they still work GREAT...Unfortunately, back then they cost $1200 bucks. Anyone considering buying these speakers should definitely jump on the bandwagon and get a set!! This low price of $170 bucks looks like a misprint or some kind of catch. Hands down, these are the BEST speakers I ever purchased...even at $1200 bucks!!

gossamer88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gossamer88
superspec wrote:how could you think it was? there are 5 components all damn near identical in size. that says front L/R, rear L/R and a center channel.

So I missed the .1, but if you looked at the main picture, the two speakers together (on the right) can appear like a sub.